Ep 1 Waiting Thread - PC/Mac/PS4/PS3/Xbox One/360/iOS/Google/Android Out Now, WiiU Jan 21st,Vita TBA

Comments

• Looks like it was deleted now, thank God for that mod, who made a pinned topic to explain some confusion.

I just got a "kill yourself" message from somebody for being positive about the game.

• could do, i don't think they did that at first (i would say it is a bit more like wiki moderators), but still, some full time staff wouldn't break their bank

I could be wrong, but I *think* they use volunteer Moderators like Telltale does with us here.

• edited October 2015

Behind Steam community's overall rudeness about the game, some of them do have a point.

It's kind of like forcing the plot, is to force Minecraft to work like visual novel.

For Minecraft community it seems largely be about making your own story, building, doing art in-game etc. Basically everything Telltale's "spin-off" game doesn't stand for.

Top of all this there is confusion of what it actually is. Heck there is so much ignorance going on like that it uses Minecraft's engine and people wonder why they don't get it free as they assume it's different version of Minecraft itself (Back when Minecraft started selling, it promised that those who buy it during Alpha get all PC version expansions etc for free, of course it didn't led anywhere but people still remember and don't understand the situation.)

It's one of those "almost nobody asked for it" situations.

• edited October 2015

We can talk about how all of this ends up working out after Episode 1 is released. As for right now It's one of those cases of don't knock it till you've tried it.

Clord posted: »

Behind Steam community's overall rudeness about the game, some of them do have a point. It's kind of like forcing the plot, is to force M

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

Yeah, that's steam discussions for you.

The actual Steam Powered Forums or bust. The steam discussions are just terrible.

I just got a "kill yourself" message from somebody for being positive about the game.

• edited October 2015

It's merely my observation of the things.

I know full well that forum communities rarely re-present business side of things as far the sales and profit goes. Also those who want to complain are usually more likely to go and post.

I didn't claim it will flop because that's extremely unlikely due it being based onto "Minecraft" theme (could say canon but there is barely any.)

We can talk about how all of this ends up working out after Episode 1 is released. As for right now It's one of those cases of don't knock it till you've tried it.

• Damn, that Steam forum is very toxic.

• My avatar could scare them away.

Damn, that Steam forum is very toxic.

• Please do.

My avatar could scare them away.

• When it says released on PSN on 13 October, does this include PSN Asia? Specifically Singapore?

• Please come to Oregon Telltale, plllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeee...pls

dojo32161 posted: »

Why am I not in NYC?: Hey you! Live in the NYC Area? Want to get a sneak peek on 10/4 at Minecraft: #StoryMode before the premiere? DM us!

• Sorry to bring the hopes down of these users, but it looks like Minecraft's Facebook page isn't budging about the game at all. On iPad, so no pic but, its basically just a whole bunch of "nope".

• I'm confused, how does that bring down someone's hope? Telltale is doing the majority of marketing it seems, and I'm not surprised.

Sorry to bring the hopes down of these users, but it looks like Minecraft's Facebook page isn't budging about the game at all. On iPad, so no pic but, its basically just a whole bunch of "nope".

• Maybe Dontnod will visit you freelance.

Please come to Oregon Telltale, plllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeee...pls

• edited October 2015

Well, Cry said on stream that he won't be playing Story Mode, so people looking forward to that...Oh well ¯_(ツ)_/¯

This is starting to make me wonder what kind of people outside of Minecraft players are going to LP story mode. I guess after episode 1 is out and if it gets good reception more Lper's might consider checking it.

• edited October 2015

Let's not turn this into the steam forum please.

• I dont care much for the Minecraft blockhead art style but I can get past that if the story is entertaining.

• Haha, complete with guy standing under an umbrella for atmosphere.

OzzyUK posted: »

The inside looks spooky but the outside looks pretty cool. https://twitter.com/jobjstauffer/status/650007211469602816

• I still wonder why they are having this sneak peak in such a spooky building. Unless, the inside isn't as spooky as the pic they showed us.

Why am I not in NYC?: Hey you! Live in the NYC Area? Want to get a sneak peek on 10/4 at Minecraft: #StoryMode before the premiere? DM us!

• edited October 2015

Wait... so Max after all saved the city? ^-^

Please come to Oregon Telltale, plllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeee...pls

• Yep she sacrificed herself (it was all over the news). Such a shame...Oh well!

Karnedg2013 posted: »

• You shouldn't pay too much attention to these kinds of statements. There are some people who have a lot of trouble understanding that everybody has a different opinion. It's like they expect the whole world to think like they do.

• Well, Cry said on stream that he won't be playing Story Mode, so people looking forward to that...Oh well ¯(ツ)

Awwww, did he say why?

Well, Cry said on stream that he won't be playing Story Mode, so people looking forward to that...Oh well ¯_(ツ)_/¯ This is starting to m

Yep she sacrificed herself (it was all over the news). Such a shame...Oh well!

• This is the first game Telltale made that i didn't preorder. If the ratings are good then i will consider checking this out.

• Telltale makes me want to preorder.
    Minecraft makes me want to cry.
    Telltale making a Minecraft game makes me... I honestly don't know.
    I hate not buying a Telltale game... But i have no interest at all for this one.
    So... Have fun waiting guys. I am just gonna go to other threads. :(

• Lmao, life is strange isn't based on a real story kek. And now you'll quote, "No shit sherlock" lel.

Karnedg2013 posted: »

• You are always welcome to come back. :)

ata95 posted: »

Telltale makes me want to preorder. Minecraft makes me want to cry. Telltale making a Minecraft game makes me... I honestly don't know. I

• He said the trailer made him feel uncomfortable.

Well, Cry said on stream that he won't be playing Story Mode, so people looking forward to that...Oh well ¯(ツ)/¯ Awwww, did he say why?

• Why do you always have to be so rude?

Lmao, life is strange isn't based on a real story kek. And now you'll quote, "No shit sherlock" lel.

• "Uncomfortable"?

What?

He said the trailer made him feel uncomfortable.

• Yeah, that's a little weird for him to say, but whatever. Maybe he'll play it if it gets good reception. He didn't play Tales from The Borderlands at launch and he ended up loving that series.

"Uncomfortable"? What?

• I'm just confused by what he meant, I mean, how did it make him uncomfortable enough to not play the game...It just seems like he may not be doing it to stop arguments and things on his videos.

Yeah, that's a little weird for him to say, but whatever. Maybe he'll play it if it gets good reception. He didn't play Tales from The Borderlands at launch and he ended up loving that series.

• Well... It's was a joke if You didn't understood...

Lmao, life is strange isn't based on a real story kek. And now you'll quote, "No shit sherlock" lel.

• edited October 2015

Seeing gameplay is a simple Youtube search away.

And behold, combat and crafting "systems" are just what you expect from Telltale Games.

Now I don't mind casual aim but you could code even simplistic combat system with one attack, block and dodge it would be just fine. Plus small area to move around but that's optional. Current "combat system" is basically a semi-cutscene that you control somewhat. Kind of like with their other games (One of their Strong Bad episodes included.)

I end up buying the game anyway just because it's Telltale Games. Which is kind of pathetic as a reason but it's their first game that I can't reason any other way to get.

Normally I don't expect gameplay because Telltale Games is all about the game stories now but still. I feel that the setting is really really weak as the stuff it is based on has no real lore. This thing tries to insert lore that is to be taken as canon? I doubt fanfiction people largely agree with this since it's bit late for that.

I end up getting the game anyway as Telltale Games develops it, which is kind of pathetic as I can't come up with any other good reasons to justify it.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited October 2015

This thing tries to insert lore that is to be taken as canon?

Nope it is not meant to be canon, just Telltale's spin on it. (Although anything Telltale makes could end up in the regular Minecraft game).

Clord posted: »

Seeing gameplay is a simple Youtube search away. And behold, combat and crafting "systems" are just what you expect from Telltale Games.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.