The World of Borderlands And the Corporations What happen????

We know that in the borderlands series that corporations seem to a governmental entity with the ability to launch to put planets under marshal law.(info from Gage echo origin it mentions the Hyperion occupation Of Pandora.) The corporation in the borderlands universe seem to be so huge that they have literal armies at their disposal . Also in the pre-sequel on Hyperion where you see the founders of the company displayed all around with their bios , some caught my eye. One of them mention the fall of the central government , so was this how corporations got so powerful. So what I wanted to talk about s theories on what happen in the universe of borderlands , where is earth , how the corporations got so powerful and what was the central government and most of all considering there are vaults all over the galaxy have vaults been found on different planets?

Comments

• At the end of Borderlands 2, the Vault of the Warrior revealed the locations of Vaults spread throughout either the Borderlands or the rest of the galaxy...so there ARE other Vaults besides the ones on Pandora. Pandora was simply one that was stumbled upon by Dahl, Atlas and Hyperion. And, I suspect, with the Vault of the Traveler, the Vault Hunters will be able to track and find these Vaults, which is what Tales/Borderlands 3 will focus on.

As to the fall of the central government and the power of the corporations, it is likely that they stumbled upon several Vaults already, giving them power and influence, which then tore the former government apart. Now, when another Vault is found, I imagine that every corporation wishes to claim it for themselves for absolute power, no matter who gets in the way.

• You seem to have a pretty good grasp

Borderlands takes place in a different galaxy. As you pointed out, there are these Mega-Corps. that are competing for dominance in this said galaxy. Pandora is one of several planets found along the edge of the universe, hence the nickname "Borderlands". There is no mention of life or civilization before the Mega-Corps. took control. The only glimpse we have into the issue is an early mission from the first game where you collect Tannis' echoes where she states that Atlas became a superpower after discovering Eridian technology on Prometheus (this is never mentioned again). We don't know if this was a Vault or just a ruin, I'd lean towards the latter because Pandora's Vault is such a big deal in this galaxy. And we don't know how powerful this corps. were before this discovery. I'd think they still be classified as Mega-corps. cause without discovering Eridian tech, Dahl, Hyperion, and Torgue are massively influential and powerful. These Mega-corps seem to have early in their history grabbed hold of power, allowing for government to be kind of a Confederacy of Corps. (they compete against each other but they don't want to jeopardize controlling the population of the galaxy as a whole). Whichever corp. owns a planet, they get to enforce the law. Pandora, being a Borderland, is kind of open season. Like first Dahl shows up, massively unprepared to take over the planet, then Atlas throws it's hat in when Eridian artifacts are discovered, but after the first four Vault Hunters pretty much bankrupt it, Hyperion gets it's shot and are smart enough to not mess with the vault Hunters. And this is all before Jack even came to power. So he helped Hyperion fill the power vacuum after Atlas fell, but when he failed to conquer Pandora, it again became open to anyone but most corps. are wary enough to mess with Pandora anymore.

As for the popping up of Vaults across the galaxy, unless the events of Borderlands 2 cause another triggering, there is no reason to believe anyone outside the Raiders would be aware of the mass numbers of Vaults. So they have the edge in that regard. I've made a massive thesis in the "Borderlands 3 thread" about what I'd like/hope/expect from the next game. But I didn't focus too much on the Mega corps. so in short I believe; Vault Hunters and CR are going to probably wage war against the Mega-corps. probably Hyperion first, then move on to Dahl and Torgue. That probably will be enough to intimidate the others into backing away and might lead to a more diplomatic society throughout the galaxy.

• A thought that occurred to me , was with ryse in the present setting was that he seemed rich , so what I think is that Hyperion rewards ryse and he gains power in the company. The reason I mention that is that Fiona is a vault hunter so when the war the alien mention happen Hyperion might provide support to the bla3 vault hunters through ryse. Just a thought would help give a reason for him being in borderlands 3

• Dr. Ted. If you don't know who he is, he is basically the overlord of the Borderlands universe

Each corporation Has a piece of his soul. His soul fragment is the power that each company uses to develop their technology. Atlas was the company that represented Ted's Military might, and Hyperion his knowledge (you get the point) The corporations went mad by the power granted upon their souls. They took over planets, and established what they thought was order using this power.

Ted ran the central government until he went missing several hundreds of years back, and without him the government eventually fell.

• enter image description here

Whose Ryse?

But joking aside. I had a similar theory for him I shared on another thread.

E-knight posted: »

A thought that occurred to me , was with ryse in the present setting was that he seemed rich , so what I think is that Hyperion rewards rys

• If its not too much trouble can u post a link

Whose Ryse? But joking aside. I had a similar theory for him I shared on another thread.

• It was just on the BL3 thread here. I might've posted something in more detail but I can't remember

I didn't really focus on Rhys, cause I was talking about BL3 in general

E-knight posted: »

If its not too much trouble can u post a link

• Whose Ryse?

A son of Rome, I hear.

Whose Ryse? But joking aside. I had a similar theory for him I shared on another thread.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.