Claptrap?

Can somebody a little familiar with Borderlands in general help me out here?

This series has by and large been my only real foray into Borderlands, and the whole shooter/co-op/RPG game play thing has always been a major personal turn-off for me.

Claptrap is a big deal and I've admired TTG's restraint in not relying on the character, but I have been thinking for a long time now he's going to make some sort of cameo at the end of the story. They might even go for something ambitious and he's like operating the Stranger (who's really a robot) or something like that, but I expect at least one appearance from what I understand to be the franchise's mascot, basically.

So what I'm wondering is a few things...

1. Did I miss something? Has the cameo come and gone without my noticing?
  2. Did something happen to Claptrap I don't know about? Don't worry about spoilers cause I will never play the other Borderlands (again, game play issues make me uninterested in this)
  3. Do you agree with me that a cameo is coming if it hasn't happened already?

Just looking for some info is all...

Comments

• I honestly don't see the point of Claptrap having a cameo in the game.

• Nope, Claptrap has yet to appear in Tales. I'm thinking he'll hopefully have at least a cameo in the final episode, though.

Nothing has happened to Claptrap. As seen in the Claptastic Voyage dlc of The Pre Sequel, he's currently in Sanctuary with Lilith, Mordecai, Brick, Athena (this is where she was abducted to at the end of E3), Tiny Tina, and so on. Also Rhys has the oppertunity to scan a Claptrap billboard in E2 and his echo eye says that our sole surviving Claptrap is still out there. So, yeah, he's safe and I'm hoping he'll appear!

enter image description here

• I assume claptrap will appear if we go to sanctuary

• At this point, I highly doubt we will ever see Claptrap in Tales From the Borderlands, unless we (for some reason) go to the city of Sanctuary in Episode 5. While the last remaining Claptrap has not made an appearance, there was the billboard in Old Haven that Deadpoolian pointed out, and there was also a Claptrap at the bottom of Jack's trapdoor in Episode 4.

• Remember before episode 1 was released and someone asked if claptrap would be in the game, when a telltale staff responded with "It wouldn't be a Borderlands game without Claptrap!" Good times....

At this point, I highly doubt we will ever see Claptrap in Tales From the Borderlands, unless we (for some reason) go to the city of Sanctua

• Ol' Clappy is gonna make a cameo at the end and ruin everything don't worry ;)

On a serious note someone found this in episode 1

enter image description here

• Damn, that's a good find, I've played and seen that episode numerous times and never saw that until now.

Ol' Clappy is gonna make a cameo at the end and ruin everything don't worry On a serious note someone found this in episode 1

• Oh, hey, I was totally the one who found that way back when. :P It was actually from the trailer of episode 1. I'm not sure if he actually appeared on one of the screens within the episode itself, though.

Ol' Clappy is gonna make a cameo at the end and ruin everything don't worry On a serious note someone found this in episode 1

• What's a Claptrap???

• An Idiot

What's a Claptrap???

• Thanks for the clarification, minion!

(But yeah Claptrap will appear because it has been stated that it's not a Borderlands game without him.)

An Idiot

• (But yeah Claptrap will appear because it has been stated that it's not a Borderlands game without him.)

Exactly

Thanks for the clarification, minion! (But yeah Claptrap will appear because it has been stated that it's not a Borderlands game without him.)

• He's such a lovely robot, he's such a tip top bloke, and if it weren't for clap trap your life would be a joke.

They all shout his name when he rolls into town! Hooray! Here comes clap trap can't keep up your frown!

He wouldn't hurt your mom or dad! Won't hurt you or me! The mention of his very name fills us all with glee!

What's a Claptrap???

• Claptastic Voyage am I right

He's such a lovely robot, he's such a tip top bloke, and if it weren't for clap trap your life would be a joke. They all shout his name w

• I love that DLC, definitely one of my favorites from all of Borderlands.

Claptastic Voyage am I right

• Same, it was the only thing that got me to actually despise Handsome Jack, yet feel bad for him as you could see he did like Claptrap before he went insane. He had a sort of bond with him.

I love that DLC, definitely one of my favorites from all of Borderlands.

• Not to mention that it has my favorite villain (not counting Handsome Jack obviously), Shadowtrap, this guy is so cool, that final boss battle with him is one of my favorites, not to mention the music is awesome.

enter link description here

Missiles Locked! Targeting Routine Initiated!

Same, it was the only thing that got me to actually despise Handsome Jack, yet feel bad for him as you could see he did like Claptrap before he went insane. He had a sort of bond with him.

• And how it turns out he actually WAS the good guy!

Not to mention that it has my favorite villain (not counting Handsome Jack obviously), Shadowtrap, this guy is so cool, that final boss batt

• I can see why you are meh about it. I just was surprised it hadn't happened yet and wondered if I had missed it.

AgentZ46 posted: »

I honestly don't see the point of Claptrap having a cameo in the game.

• I like Claptrap don't get me wrong I just don't see the point of him appearing at this point.

Demarcoa posted: »

I can see why you are meh about it. I just was surprised it hadn't happened yet and wondered if I had missed it.

• Yeah, it didn't make it in-game. That screen is blank in the actual episode.

Deadpoolian posted: »

Oh, hey, I was totally the one who found that way back when. :P It was actually from the trailer of episode 1. I'm not sure if he actually appeared on one of the screens within the episode itself, though.

• youre not the only one I probably haven't seen it cause some of the times the times ive played it my graphics have trouble loading these screens and other times I haven't noticed

Damn, that's a good find, I've played and seen that episode numerous times and never saw that until now.

• ive played some of that but keep dying because I am only level 26 I didn't check the level requirements so im going through the game as my new doppelganger character and levelling him up to 30 instead

• liek if u cri evrytiem

Claptrap? no

• no

liek if u cri evrytiem

• "I AM WORTH A MILLION OF YOU!! A TRILLION!!"

Not to mention that it has my favorite villain (not counting Handsome Jack obviously), Shadowtrap, this guy is so cool, that final boss batt

• Walk it off! WALK IT OFF!

ActionHank posted: »

"I AM WORTH A MILLION OF YOU!! A TRILLION!!"

• The sad song after that was just...feels, man ;(

• It's fake

• was it a tear or just the rain on my face

liek if u cri evrytiem

• I dont really know much about borderlands but i saw sth that looked like claptrap when fiona pulled the lever in ep4 when rhys climbs up in jacks office.

• yeah if you play borderlands 2 or pre sequel you can understajd why there are destroued claptraps there

• Now i'm interested. Could someone explain it to me?:)

yeah if you play borderlands 2 or pre sequel you can understajd why there are destroued claptraps there

• Handsome Jack has his Vault Hunters, including Athena and Claptrap, go inside of Claptrap to retrieve the H-Source, which the former President of Hyperion, Mr. Tassister, hid to prevent others from retrieving it. On the H-Source are a bunch of Hyperion secrets and codes to shut down any Hyperion product line. When Handsome Jack gets it, the first thing he does is shut down all the Claptraps, and Handsome Jack shoots the Claptrap that we all know and love (he wasn't shut down because Jack had actually modified it to become a Vault Hunter, turning him into a Fragtrap unit). Handsome Jack dumps most of the Claptraps in the Southern Shelf on Pandora, however Claptrap managed to survive, and eventually Sir Hammerlock finds him and ultimately repairs him. I guess Jack just threw some down the trapdoor instead of dumping them on Pandora and that's why there's one there.

This is the ending of Claptastic Voyage:

Kenny4ever posted: »

Now i'm interested. Could someone explain it to me?:)

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited October 2015

It's not fake, but it also isn't in episode 1, it's in the first trailer for episode 1:

(Go to 1:52 and slow the speed to .25 if you want to catch it)

thebat3000 posted: »

It's fake

• I want more Wub wub

• yeah that and i think he also is kinda sadistic to them because he hates them so much

Kenny4ever posted: »

Thanks man:)

• Isn't he kinda sadistic to everyone?:D

yeah that and i think he also is kinda sadistic to them because he hates them so much

Sign in to comment in this discussion.