Ep 1 Waiting Thread - PC/Mac/PS4/PS3/Xbox One/360/iOS/Google/Android Out Now, WiiU Jan 21st,Vita TBA

Comments

• Only the first part of his playthrough is out so I can't tell.

awesome. How long is the episode? It's probably just one vid though, huh :P

• The stream just started.

• what is going on now?

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited October 2015

So far, it's just a title card for the event. :P

They aren't streaming the game yet.

jared25 posted: »

what is going on now?

• Haha, almost went deaf from someone toying around with the stream audio at the event.

So far, it's just a title card for the event. :P They aren't streaming the game yet.

• They're starting with an interview with game play footage.

• I saw a lever being used, I hope it's the lever I'm thinking of.

dojo32161 posted: »

They're starting with an interview with game play footage.

• edited October 2015

Can every yell?

Incoherent shouting

Stream crashes

• Cool we get to listen to girl Jesse in action.

• edited October 2015

I'm stopping as soon as I hear Female Jesse.

Edit - I stopped...

• 40 minutes of gameplay and I'm dissapointed. I think this game is for younger players. Kind of step back. Not enough pretty, funny and interesting. Yes, beginnings are usually slow but I'll return to it some other time.

• A lever didn't even come to my mind before seeing the trophies, I just made a sword fast because that's what I was supposed to do lol.

Did you craft the stone sword or a lever?

• what is streaming and where is it?

• The first episode of Story Mode

Live Let's Play of Minecraft: Story Mode Episode 1

SPOILERS EVERYWHERE. BE CAUTIOUS

what is streaming and where is it?

• I just got another code from GMG for Minecraft: Story Mode, is that normal? What would happen if I input another code?

• Did they live stream any interviews before the event?

Haha, almost went deaf from someone toying around with the stream audio at the event.

• Interviews with the cast? Yes.

NukemDukem posted: »

Did they live stream any interviews before the event?

• About 1 hour before the event they were interviewing people entering the building on a red carpet. Was that shown?

Interviews with the cast? Yes.

• No, though they might do what they did with the TFTB accolades trailer and have that shown for a Minecraft: Story Mode trailer.

NukemDukem posted: »

About 1 hour before the event they were interviewing people entering the building on a red carpet. Was that shown?

• could it be the code for the rest of the season. 2-5

I just got another code from GMG for Minecraft: Story Mode, is that normal? What would happen if I input another code?

• Nah, if you get something for the Telltale store you get all the episodes. You can't buy individual episodes.

could it be the code for the rest of the season. 2-5

• Thread: Release time on Steam?

I'm not finding this covered anywhere.. It's the 13th now and approximately 12:21 AM EST. Should it be appearing for download or what's the deal?

• From what I've heard games on Steam release at around 10 AM PST, so in around 12.5 hours.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I didn't want to say in my thread before as i wasn't sure if i was allowed to say my exact play time but now that it has been released on PS4 i will tell you that it took me 1 hour 50 mins to complete by clicking on everything.

An Hour and Twenty Minutes? Job Stauffer why you always lying In all serious I'm glad to hear it's good.

• That's an alright length in my book. Are you going to update your thread with a score and spoiler impressions later?

OzzyUK posted: »

I didn't want to say in my thread before as i wasn't sure if i was allowed to say my exact play time but now that it has been released on PS4 i will tell you that it took me 1 hour 50 mins to complete by clicking on everything.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Yes i will but i will wait until it has released on Steam so that i don't spoil it for anyone.

That's an alright length in my book. Are you going to update your thread with a score and spoiler impressions later?

• is game out yet?

• The PS4 version is already out. There's already the full episode on youtube and I'm so tempted to watch it, but I'm trying my best to resist

is game out yet?

• I think this game is for younger players.

Because it is. I thought everyone figured that out already.

Omid's cat posted: »

40 minutes of gameplay and I'm dissapointed. I think this game is for younger players. Kind of step back. Not enough pretty, funny and interesting. Yes, beginnings are usually slow but I'll return to it some other time.

• I wanted to buy it but I wasn't 100% sure, after I saw that it costs about 6€ (ep 1) and 30€ (ep 2-5) I changed my mind for now, sorry. I don't remember any ttg game costing that much... Anyway, I'll buy it when it'll be on sale, it's Telltale after all.

• edited October 2015

AHHHH CAN"T WAIT NEED IT NOW

• Where does it cost 30 euro ? Cause on steam it's 20 euros and if you wait until the telltale site buy option is up you get it for 19 euros and early access to the episodes.

Miklaus posted: »

I wanted to buy it but I wasn't 100% sure, after I saw that it costs about 6€ (ep 1) and 30€ (ep 2-5) I changed my mind for now, sorry. I do

• PS4 Europe, and honestly I think buying just the first episode to see how's the game, it's just a waste of time and money. I'll wait, unless there will be too many negative reviews but I doubt it.

martymf621 posted: »

Where does it cost 30 euro ? Cause on steam it's 20 euros and if you wait until the telltale site buy option is up you get it for 19 euros and early access to the episodes.

• WHEEEN IT RELEASE TODAY IS 13/10/2015 ..

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I don't know what platform you're waiting for but Steam versions normally release at 10 AM Pacific time.

iRedFox posted: »

WHEEEN IT RELEASE TODAY IS 13/10/2015 ..

• In which countrey? because i'm not from US or UK and my time now is 9:10 AM .

OzzyUK posted: »

I don't know what platform you're waiting for but Steam versions normally release at 10 AM Pacific time.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

10 AM Pacific= Americas West coast which will be 8 PM your time.

iRedFox posted: »

In which countrey? because i'm not from US or UK and my time now is 9:10 AM .

• I have too! It's weird...

Nah, if you get something for the Telltale store you get all the episodes. You can't buy individual episodes.

• edited October 2015

I guess you could give it away, but make a disclaimer that it may not work. That's really weird though

I just got another code from GMG for Minecraft: Story Mode, is that normal? What would happen if I input another code?

• edited October 2015

First reviews are up.

Gamespot 7/10

IGN 7.3/10

Forbes 8/10

Digital Spy 4/5

Game Revolution 4/5

Game Informer 8.25/10

Destructoid 5/10

Trusted Reviews 8/10

The Sixth Axis No Score

The key is in the pacing of the story, and Telltale do a rather good job of blending character building moments, the moments of comedy, and action sequences in a fashion that can make the 90-120 minute run of the episode fly by.

Game Watcher 8/10

Videogamer 8/10

vg247 No Score

Story Mode trades on your knowledge of the systems and thin story lore that power vanilla Minecraft – and it all ends up rather effective.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.