I hereby declare today...

edited February 2007 in General Chat
I hereby declare today "Celebrate the release of Ocarina of Time on the Virtual Console, by playing one of the copies you already own" day. :D

Comments

• edited February 2007
    I really should get back to playing that game, I bought it used at a GameStop last year, and never really played very far into it.
  • edited February 2007
    I've still not purchased anything for the VC yet...i live in the UK so im waiting for the stars > points conversion to be released so i can get free games :D

I own OOT and Master Quest for the gamecube anyways although im still playing through TP
  • edited February 2007
    Quite a few people seem to be passing this one by - not because its not an amazing game - but because they already own it on one system or another?

Personally - I got up to Ganondorf on the N64 version... but never did beat him?
  • edited February 2007
    Quite a few people seem to be passing this one by - not because its not an amazing game - but because they already own it on one system or another?

Personally - I got up to Ganondorf on the N64 version... but never did beat him?

Right. Nintendo gave away Gamecube ports of Ocarina of Time for free, twice, and I imagine most of the current Wii owners are the sort of people who managed to get one or both of those. I'm sure it'll still be a popular VC title in the long run, once people who aren't long-time fans start getting their hands on systems.

Funny you should mention not beating Ganondorf. I could never beat him either.
    This time, I will. Stupid lightning-ball tennis.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2007
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    and I imagine most of the current Wii owners

Maybe "most of the current Wii owners who would have an interest in replaying Ocarina of Time."
  • edited February 2007
    Jake wrote: »
    Maybe "most of the current Wii owners who would have an interest in replaying Ocarina of Time."

Most of the current Wii owners do have an interest in replaying Ocarina of Time ;)
  • edited February 2007
    Anyone have the alternate versions of the game? I read on some site that there are some copies with minor differences, I can't remember what they are, though.
  • edited February 2007
    On the N64, the original release had a gold cart. The next version was on a grey cart, and had minor bugfixes. Later they made some minor cosmetic changes for various (politically correct) reasons, and this version makes up the majority of the grey carts, as well as both Gamecube rereleases.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ocarina_of_time#Versions
  • edited February 2007
    D'oh!!! I have the edit-y 1.2 version... I hate edit-y things... (Speakig of edit-y things, I downloaded the trial version of GameTap yesterday, and noticed that they had Die By The Sword, a game I used to love... In a nostalgic euphoria, I downloaded it, only to find out that all the blood and dismemberment was removed! Normally I wouldn't mind, but the dismemberment was a big strategy in the game, and they took it out! [/anger])
Sign in to comment in this discussion.