Life Is Strange - True Colors Out Now, Bonus Episode "Wavelengths" September 30th

Comments

• You're a troll for starting arguments, needlessly insulting others and replying with a decent argument or point by saying k without ever putting any conscious thought into what you post

I'm a troll for not liking hawt dog man?

• edited October 2015

Just finished episode 5. And... Oh, my God.

The beginning was so dark, and seeing Jefferson's real colors without all that "nice professor" facade made me real pissed at the guy. And I felt bad for Victoria since warning her got her kidnapped along with Max. But that reality where he and Nathan are arrested, Max winning the contest and going to San Francisco was great. I just wish we didn't have to leave it. It sucks that she had to go back into the Dark Room. And I have never been so glad to see David than I've ever been when he managed to track it down and save Max. (Took me a while to figure out how to get him to take down Jefferson, though. He is one tricky and slippery bastard). I was even more glad that I was finally able to go back to the moment we went to that party and told Chloe everything.

I thought that I was tripping balls for a minute there during that whole nightmare scene. You know what really freaked me out the most? the giant squirrels. :o I looked away and blocked out a lot of the fucked up shit the nightmare was showing me. And even that conversation Max had with herself was weird. And then comes memory lane. All those moments that Max and Chloe have had together up until now. I felt nostalgic, happy and sad at the same time.

And when it came to the ending... God it was so difficult to choose. I wanted to do both, you know? Save Chloe AND stop the storm. But, alas, Max could only do one. I spent a lot of time thinking it over. But then I thought about how Joel from The Last of Us and how he chose to save Ellie over humanity. In the end, I chose to save Chloe over Arcadia Bay. After everything that happened, I cared too much for her to let her die. I just couldn't let that happen. Wherever those two end up, I just hope they both live a happy and better life together. All things considered, this game was truly one of the best I've played this year.

My Choices:
    * I Told David the truth. I couldn't lie to him after what he did for me. And he gave Jefferson what he deserved.

• I managed to save everyone before getting into the diner. Super Max to the rescue!

• I helped Joyce to believe in David again. He's no William, but they do make each other happy.

• I told Frank the truth about Rachel. I couldn't lie to him either. I figured he deserved to know.

• I hugged Warren. Just to show my gratitude for taking that party photo, and all his help.

• I decided to sacrifice Arcadia Bay. Chloe was my number one priority in the end.

• edited October 2015

I have mixed feelings on the finale. I thought the idea of leaping through several different realities was neat, but the overall plot for this episode felt really cluttered. I thought the nightmare stealth session, while creative at times, was overall pointless and went on way too long. But my biggest gripe with it was the ending or endings. The Sacrifice Arcadia Bay ending is probably the most selfish and fan service fueling decision to a point and click adventure game I've ever seen. After seeing this ending and seeing Max sacrifice hundreds of people just because she's got the hots for the blue haired stoner, it made me lose a lot of respect for the character. The Sacrifice Chloe ending is a little better. It makes more sense from a logical standpoint and it is actually pretty emotionally wrenching. But my main problem with it is that literally none of your past decisions matter as a result. If you sacrifice Chloe, everybody lives. If you let Kate Marsh commit suicide, she lives. If you let Chloe kill Frank and his dog, they live. The same goes for the other ending, only the result is the polar opposite. No matter what variation of choices you make, the only one that really matters in the long run is if whether or not you sacrifice Chloe. And honestly, I feel like the lack of meaningful decisions completely goes against everything that the developers were trying to convey. Sorry this is long, but that's my two cents on the finale. I have enjoyed Life is Strange overall and hope to see more from Dontnod in the future.

• Nope, Chloe didn't change her phone picture for me, I only sided with Chloe against David, kissed Chloe in Episode 3, hugged Warren in Episode 5 and got the kiss in the ending.

renard999 posted: »

They kiss if you go pro-Chloe on you playthrough. (if Chloe change her phone's picture from Rachel to Max)

• edited October 2015

Man, why was that final choice so easy for me?

I saved Arcadia Bay. Most of those characters I liked more than Chloe, so that might be why.

(Besides, why save one person when you can save hundreds?)

• Also didn't like how Warren was all like "This storm is your fault Max!" She fell asleep in class one day and saw it in a dream, how is it her fault?

That dream was a premonition; a warning of what she was about to cause by saving Chloe in the bathroom. The storm was only a possible future when she dreamt it, that she then made real by rewinding time to save Chloe. It's pretty straightforward.

torkahn808 posted: »

I was kind of disappointed with the finale. In terms of story, not a whole lot happened. I didn't like how our final decision came down to e

• well i choose to save chloe in my playthrough.. i can't trade it... i just can't D'x

• Why save hundreds when you can save the person you love the most?

(I'm not only talking about Chloe, but come one, think if it was your mother in Chloe's place at that point in time)

• It's not always about the choices, but the story.

Max realized how destructive it is to mess with fate/destiny, and you could either avoid the problem or live with the consequences.

Menofthe214 posted: »

So did it matter to save Kate? I saved her. But the people who had Kate and Frank die get to have them alive? Really?

• I've had a bestfriend who was like Chloe: punk-like look and personality, risk-taking behavior and so on.

She died early(16) due to cancer, and I saw her in Chloe. And it was hard for me to sacrifice one of the two.

I love my bestfriend and I love the city I live in, but if I was given that choice, I'd sacrifice the town.

• lol

Clemenem posted: »

You're a troll for starting arguments, needlessly insulting others and replying with a decent argument or point by saying k without ever putting any conscious thought into what you post

• I took it as their last chance to show how they really felt for each other, since Chloe's time was at an end, they took it in one last shot. If Chloe's alive, they have more time to strengthen that bond.

Why does Chloe kiss max when she sacrifices her?

• Well, people debate the ending of the Last of Us pretty strongly, which is basically the same except you don't get a choice, so apparently some people thinkg it's justifiable to save one at the cost of thousands.

• edited October 2015

Exactly how I feel. Max basically got trolled since Episode 1. It's like it was all for naught just to see if she would sacrifice a place or her friend/lover. It's boggling.

In the words of Alister Azimuth vvv

enter image description here

Also the fact that Nathan gets fucked over in both ways. He doesn't get to redeem himself and gets killed by Mark or gets imprisoned. This is just... wdf.

True, but he still did a lot of bad things. In the end I felt bad about him despite it all. Everything that happened led him to be what he became. He was basically abandoned by everyone (except Victoria) and he kept messing up because of it. I'm pretty sure when he's arrested, police will look at his psychological records so while serving time they would probably give him some psychological help.

pr0dz posted: »

Exactly how I feel. Max basically got trolled since Episode 1. It's like it was all for naught just to see if she would sacrifice a place or

• Yeah, might be harder then.

Why save hundreds when you can save the person you love the most? (I'm not only talking about Chloe, but come one, think if it was your mother in Chloe's place at that point in time)

• edited October 2015

Another interesting part, is that the diner's name in that scene is missing some letters and says "DIE" instead.

• edited October 2015

For those who felt the Save Chloe ending was unsatisfactory, I found this on the subreddit.

Extended Headcannon of Save Chloe ending

I really loved it, lots of character development with the characters being exactly what I remembered and how I imagined they'd feel. It kinda brought back the atmosphere I felt in Episode 1. This cheered me up a bit after the finale.

• Yep, it did. Well, it's what happened to Joyce, Frank, Pompidou and Warren in my game, since I'm as "horrible and selfish" as Joel from TLOU.

Another interesting part, is that the diner's name in that scene is missing some letters and says "DIE" instead.

• I think they only stayed at the diner because they waited for Max, I think after having a boat crash in the diner, they would've ran off. But since Max was on her way, they had to wait. They probably left the diner when Max was instead was with Chloe. But I also heard that the diner was somehow still there in the Save Chloe ending so I'm not quite sure.

MichaelBP posted: »

Yep, it did. Well, it's what happened to Joyce, Frank, Pompidou and Warren in my game, since I'm as "horrible and selfish" as Joel from TLOU.

• me too!! :'D sacrificing chloe was the hardest decision to me!!

• Yes, the 2 Whales is still there in the Sacrifice AB ending. Doesn't look like there was an explosion. If you look at Max's messages during the timeline, Max reied contacting Warren a few times but got no response. Wether or not he was already dead is unknown.

I think they only stayed at the diner because they waited for Max, I think after having a boat crash in the diner, they would've ran off. Bu

• edited October 2015

Yeah, they think it's not the canon ending too since it's only a 3 minutes ending compared to the other 9 minutes one.

People say sacrificing Arcadia Bay was stupid? Whew, denial is real in some people.

• Um, Life is Strange isn't a Telltale game.

Xemnes posted: »

Man...i neve rcried so much in a telltale game

• edited October 2015

Hmm, fine I will. :/

EDIT: Done. And sorry for aggressive tone earlier, I just get annoyed when someone says I should spoiler tag when there's others who hadn't as well.

Well, put a spoiler tag will ya?

• edited October 2015

Thanks. Yeah, I agree. The Walking Dead Season 2 was a mess. But that's what happens when there's too many writers involved with their own ideas. If Nick Breckon just wrote all of Season 2, there would've been a more consistent story. We would've seen what happened when Sarah learned to use a gun. And also seen a different EP4 like the episode slide shows. And maybe have a big Kenny vs Luke choice in EP5.

Mich19 posted: »

yup i totally agree with you.. i wish the walking dead season 2 was written like that..

• I'm pretty sure that's the joke.

Crips posted: »

Um, Life is Strange isn't a Telltale game.

• edited October 2015

I had to do it :'3

Edit: Also, I'm willing to do a GIF where Chloe and Max kiss in episode 5 :')

• Is it bad that I laughed when I saw that I was in the 7% that "showed Warren no affection"?

• I don't know. xD

Is it bad that I laughed when I saw that I was in the 7% that "showed Warren no affection"?

• Maybe I should've at least hugged him. Oh well.I just hope that what we find in his locker in the nightmare is just part of Max's nightmare, though I have to wonder why she imagines him having that stuff.

Wolfenus54 posted: »

I don't know. xD

• Where was Warren's locker?

Maybe I should've at least hugged him. Oh well.I just hope that what we find in his locker in the nightmare is just part of Max's nightmare, though I have to wonder why she imagines him having that stuff.

• I don't know, I missed it during my first playthrough and should check out a photo guide vid, but I found this gif:

Where was Warren's locker?

• That doll.........

I don't know, I missed it during my first playthrough and should check out a photo guide vid, but I found this gif:

• Kind of disappointed I didn't see 100%

• Seriously Max... PET THE DAMN DOG!!

• I'm not sure what bothers me more. The doll or the pictures.

Crydog posted: »

That doll.........

• I'm pretty sure that's not real? I never found that in any of my play throughs!

I don't know, I missed it during my first playthrough and should check out a photo guide vid, but I found this gif:

Sign in to comment in this discussion.