Life Is Strange - True Colors Out Now, Bonus Episode "Wavelengths" September 30th

Comments

• edited October 2015

I know the endings are copping some slack but I seriously have to appreciate what Dontnod did on such a low budget... A little french team that no one cared about put together something so emotional, relatable and immersive.. I have to thank them for that, Even with time travel as a plot this feels like one of the most real games I have ever played that I can relate with.

Yes, the ending I chose first was to Save Chloe, because i'm selfish, couldn't handle a depressing ending and also because in the moment I felt it was the right choice for me, after months of theorising and getting involved with the community I just couldn't let it end like that.. I didn't want max to rewind and frankly it increased the effect all my choices had.. just her and Chloe left now..Hopefully some people escaped the tornado, It was kind of beautiful to see pan estates destroyed and nature taking back arcadia bay while they both leave it all behind them, I consider both those endings equally canon.

• So in your opinion it's a....Multiverse? If so we happen to agree.

• edited October 2015

So what was the budget ?If we all chip in and give them 5 billion dollars and they improve the graphics so characters look like this:

enter image description here
    Then this game could be even better than it was before.

• The exact budget is unknown. They confirmed it's smaller than their previous game Remember me, which flopped hard. Sure they could have a 5 billion dollar budget, but they'd need a huge ammount of sales in order to break even.

So what was the budget ?If we all chip in and give them 5 billion dollars and they improve the graphics so characters look like this: Then this game could be even better than it was before.

• That is the real issue with making games focused mainly around provoking emotions, those that do react will really enjoy while the rest of us sit around thinking "Meh".

• I prefer Max to intervene on Nathan rather then to just stay at the corner.

Potential 'happy' ending - Max decides to use the photo to go back to the bathroom. While waiting for Nathan to appear, she suddenly real

• edited October 2015

this game is a masterpiece

enter image description here

• Life Is Shit.

Life is a bitch

• I sacrificed Arcadia Bay initially thinking that everyone- including Max and chloe- would die. But after seeing they survived giving no shits about all the deaths, I went back and sacrificed Chloe's dumbass. Either way, both endings were lackluster in my opinion.

• Is it possible to extract the textures from the game environments? Specifically the art from the art gallery?

• Life is shity

MichaelBP posted: »

Life Is Shit.

• What if Max was shot and died when she intervened?

Menofthe214 posted: »

I prefer Max to intervene on Nathan rather then to just stay at the corner.

• Look what I just found that recently got posted on Fanfiction.Net https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11577089/1/Boom-Butterfly-Effect

• I don't like fan fiction, but judging from the title and since we're in the LiS thread I'll assume by the title of it that's an Until Dawn crossover with Life is Strange, am I correct?

Look what I just found that recently got posted on Fanfiction.Net https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11577089/1/Boom-Butterfly-Effect

• You know, I don't think anyone would have ever guessed what this game would turn into.

• Basically, yes.

dojo32161 posted: »

I don't like fan fiction, but judging from the title and since we're in the LiS thread I'll assume by the title of it that's an Until Dawn crossover with Life is Strange, am I correct?

• The nightmare being a creepypasta is a good idea. The creepiest part is when you have to answer Mr. Jefferson's "request"

Don't worry, it'll then proceed to restart in "Pissed off mode".

• No game is perfect, but LiS is above most of the ones we have nowadays, and it IS a masterpiece.

• Most certainly not. It's definitely done a 180 since the first episode

You know, I don't think anyone would have ever guessed what this game would turn into.

• Why the hell did they mess up Nathan's plot line by killing him off screen? This was supposed to be his hour of redemption where he saved Max and took a stand against his father. I feel like he got Nick'd

• Is that kissing scene in game?

So she is 100% GAY RIGHT ??? Also who had a crush on Mr. Jefferson before finding out he was a serial Killer?

• edited October 2015

I kind of felt it was cheesyish for david to save max let alone Nathan. Not only again did max get a get out of jail free to allow her to continue her immature reckless behavior there was also very little explanation why david found her. Still max had to get out somehow I suppose.

However I did like what they did with Nathan, that actually was a nice little shock and to be honest was the one point I respected jefferson as a villan, the rest of the time he was kind of lame. On that note killling nathan (and in most games victoria) is also a bit weird, surely they would both prompt a police search, there was also no explanation for why all the other girls (including kate) were not killed and how they didnt remember anything.

The fact they did just show nathan as just some idiot rich kid in way over his head was the best thing they can do

Clemenem posted: »

Why the hell did they mess up Nathan's plot line by killing him off screen? This was supposed to be his hour of redemption where he saved Max and took a stand against his father. I feel like he got Nick'd

• ..proceeds to not talk to her for five years?

This fanart gave me cavities.

• edited October 2015

French team did something that looks like "big budget" release is definitely impressive.

Motion capturing isn't cheap at first, especially if you are still proving your game makes enough to justify it.

• edited October 2015

For whatever reason I could see Max turning to actual road warrior almost. Well road warrior with time rewind powers.

Her life experiences hardening and maturing her to be a total bad ass that scares even Frank.

She would be simply known as Mad Max, the time warrior.

• Y u gotta ruin this adorable fanart for me? ;____; (Even if it is 100% true...)

Flog61 posted: »

..proceeds to not talk to her for five years?

• For me it was between that, and Jefferson saying he dug up Rachel's corpse, to be with her one last time. Ew.

The nightmare being a creepypasta is a good idea. The creepiest part is when you have to answer Mr. Jefferson's "request"

• So who was Jefferson talking to on the phone in episode 2, then?

• edited October 2015

It's a mystery

Honestly, it was probably something they scrapped from the game.

So who was Jefferson talking to on the phone in episode 2, then?

• Then Chloe would live.

What if Max was shot and died when she intervened?

• How did you get that gif of Chloe kissing Max?

So she is 100% GAY RIGHT ??? Also who had a crush on Mr. Jefferson before finding out he was a serial Killer?

• I...uh...yeah I don't know, I just thought it was funny.

enter link description here

• edited October 2015

Holy shit, that made me ROFL XDDD

That's even better than the actual endings xDDD

Also, someone has to make a GIF from that video. xDDD

I...uh...yeah I don't know, I just thought it was funny. enter link description here

• edited October 2015

You also could say that so called destiny, if it was a person, is selfish for having a temper fit when a single person is not dying because it wants them to die.

But anyway, yes it's selfish but it's selfless too, because when you care about someone and always try to save them, that's selfless. So it's both selfless and selfish.

EDIT: Sorry, if it came out aggressive... still a little salty about a few things in the game.

• Nope, fan made.

MosesARose posted: »

Is that kissing scene in game?

• enter image description here

Darn.... plot holes.....

• I honestly thought that it was Nathan's father, Sean Prescott.

• Yes. She would. So would you sacrifice Max for Chloe?

Menofthe214 posted: »

Then Chloe would live.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.