Life Is Strange - True Colors Out Now, Bonus Episode "Wavelengths" September 30th

Comments

• I think I would've preferred it over the somewhat cliché version we have now. Not that I hate the final version, but still...

TheCatWolf posted: »

It makes me sad how they had something else in mind but then it was cut off in the game

• It's just that Max used her rewind before she met Chloe. It should have just been based on how crazy the community is depending on choices. I get that they want Max to mature as a character but what was the point of the supplies in the dark room? I feel like Jefferson and the Prescotts knew about the storm but it was never brought up again.

Her power is what everyone wants: to be with someone you love for a longer period of time. It could because we didn't have a chance to sa

• Max has been in the dark room overnight already.

Mr. Jefferson would surely need something to drink/much on while he develops the pictures.

pr0dz posted: »

It's just that Max used her rewind before she met Chloe. It should have just been based on how crazy the community is depending on choices.

• Max's power is to throw buses.

MichaelBP posted: »

Seems like the tornado was going to happen in the Hospital ending. Maybe. I dunno, there's this old concept art of Max during the storm in hospital clothing.

• It turned out to be nothing special, just something about UE3.

:(

I guess we'll have to wait for a 2nd season then.

MarijaaNo7 posted: »

Oh, I saw those files. I'd be so glad if that was true and they decide to do it (there's never enough of LiS). That's interesting. Hopefully it will be confirmed, but we'll see.

• If only she had done that to Jeffershit. I guess Max would be the one who gets shot instead of Chloe, due to the clothes. No idea why it ended with "Nightmare" though. Wasn't there also a planned nightmare sequence for episode 3?

Max's power is to throw buses.

• edited October 2015

And that equals a tornado? Sorry but it still just doesn't make sense. I get that Max changed fate, but how does Chloe's life dictates a tornado? Like I said above, atleast in butterfly affect killing his sister means others don't die because she 's the one who murders them, there's a connection there. I just don't see one in life is strange.

Max changed fate. Chloe was supposed to die in the bathroom, but Max stopped it from happening.

• I think Max wants to save Chloe

• Spoilers

The reason for the tornado happening is the "chaos effect" theory in action, the double pendulum creates the butterfly like drawing, and after awhile suggests that of a tornado.
    if Maxine didn't rewind so much in the previous parts as to save William, it may have been okay? Just many possible outcome and timelines are being started and destroyed into one universe, it causes an unpredictable and unstable. Who is to say if she was jumping multi verses though, see movie "the one" to get info on that. I'm just guessing though with everything. - And I'm guessing it's just by chance those two live, if this were to ever actually happen, theoretically speaking time will just reverse, or a giant tornado will just destroy everything. hard to accept yeah it's just Chloe's fate to die, or the universe is telling her you two or the whole town. Selfish but fortunate.

MosesARose posted: »

Ask yourself this also: What do Chloe's life have to do with a tornado? It just doesn't make sense. Take Butterfly effect 3 for example. The

• The universe is trying to kill Chloe off because she is meant to die in the first episode. Is that hard to comprehend?

The tornado and other phenomenons are caused by Max repeatedly preventing Chloe from dying.

Seriously.

And that equals a tornado? Sorry but it still just doesn't make sense. I get that Max changed fate, but how does Chloe's life dictates a tor

• edited October 2015

Firstly you don't have to be so rude, I'm just trying to understand the story better. If this topic is too sensitive for you to discuss then please refrain from responding to me.

Secondly yes it is hard for me to comprehend, given I'm asking questions to find answers. I still don't see how someone's life has an effect on weather patterns. People keep saying its the universe that wants Chloe dead, but those same people fail to remember the universe gave Max her powers in the first place at the exact same moment Chloe gets shot.

The universe is trying to kill Chloe off because she is meant to die in the first episode. Is that hard to comprehend? The tornado and other phenomenons are caused by Max repeatedly preventing Chloe from dying. Seriously.

• edited October 2015

I understand, but given she gets her powers right when Chloe dies, I just don't buy it as nature's design. But chaos theory dictates that situations are deterministic, meaning that their future behaviors are dictated by initial conditions.

Max got her powers and rewound time right at the moment Chloe gets shot, making that rewind and her getting her powers the initial condition. Meaning Chloe's death wasn't suppose to happen, given the fact Max received those powers to prevent her death right in that instant in time.

• facepalm

nevermind....

Firstly you don't have to be so rude, I'm just trying to understand the story better. If this topic is too sensitive for you to discuss then

• I have to agree with you. When she gets her powers I don't even think she even knows that is Chloe. She refers to her after she wakes up back in class as "that girl". It seems to me that Chloe isn't meant to die at that moment.

I think the end was totally rewritten to what we have now for whatever reason. I'm willing to bet that if we had gotten the original planned ending it would have made more sense to many and may have been a better fleshed out ending. Overall it's the best game I have played. Just wasn't happy with them ending it at 5 EP with so many unanswered questions and closing the door on Max @ Chloe.

I understand, but given she gets her powers right when Chloe dies, I just don't buy it as nature's design. But chaos theory dictates that si

• Oh.. :(

I hope they make season 2. But thanks for the informations though!

It turned out to be nothing special, just something about UE3. I guess we'll have to wait for a 2nd season then.

• Yeah, that's probably why I can't make sense of it all :)

mmoblitz posted: »

I have to agree with you. When she gets her powers I don't even think she even knows that is Chloe. She refers to her after she wakes up b

• Don't you wander off in the GRASS

enter link description here enter link description here

• Pretty much sums up how terrible the ending is.

• Actually I feel like the ending was appropriate for the narrative, just unfortunate for the gameplay. If that makes sense.

Pretty much sums up how terrible the ending is.

• I feel the same actually. I do understand your point of view then.

Actually I feel like the ending was appropriate for the narrative, just unfortunate for the gameplay. If that makes sense.

• DONTNOD's worst decision in the game :')

• Exactly.

Actually I feel like the ending was appropriate for the narrative, just unfortunate for the gameplay. If that makes sense.

• Hey guys, I'm late to the party and all that, plus this question probably has been asked a lot of times already, but:

Am I the only one who feels like Life is Strange was better than all TT games? Just my opinion, please don't burn me.

• edited October 2015

Not all of them, I'd say better than TWDS2 and GoT (I hope the last episode will change my mind) and it's a tie with Tales, but TWDS1 and TWAU were amazing! Too bad the finale was not as good as I expected or I would have put LiS first (probably).

Hell I don't know, sometimes I feel better playing LiS, sometimes TWD, TWAU, Tales, etc... Thank god I'm not a Telltale/Dontnod fanboy so I can enjoy them both.

armis37 posted: »

Hey guys, I'm late to the party and all that, plus this question probably has been asked a lot of times already, but: Am I the only one who feels like Life is Strange was better than all TT games? Just my opinion, please don't burn me.

• Personally I'd say Life is Strange is only a bit better than GOT, everything else made by Telltale is definitely better than LIS for me.

Hey guys, I'm late to the party and all that, plus this question probably has been asked a lot of times already, but: Am I the only one who feels like Life is Strange was better than all TT games? Just my opinion, please don't burn me.

• Am I the only one who feels like Life is Strange was better than all TT games?

I was going to feel the same thing but the finale ruined the whole game for me :|

• Don't let it ruin the game for you man! The endings shouldn't undermine the whole amazing experience. Plus, they weren't so bad when you get deeper into them. And no denying that they pack a lot of feels, imo.

Wolfenus54 posted: »

Am I the only one who feels like Life is Strange was better than all TT games? I was going to feel the same thing but the finale ruined the whole game for me

• Time for some dark humor.

Kate has been improving herself by leaps and bounds.

• Chloe has been taking too many shots recently

pr0dz posted: »

Time for some dark humor. Kate has been improving herself by leaps and bounds.

• I think the recent Telltale games- even the under-appreciated WDS2 and GOT- are better than Life is Strange. Tbh, I don't think LiS is that good of a game. Its just okay imo

• Thanks for bringing this to my attention:}

Anyone get a chance to see this interview with Chloe's VA, Ashly Burch?

• The interviewer insisted a little bit too much on Pricefield but still, great interview, thanks! ;)
    Ashly seems like a very cool and intelligent person!

Anyone get a chance to see this interview with Chloe's VA, Ashly Burch?

• Max saving Chloe unraveled the thread of time. Hence all the dying animals, random snow, 2 moons and the storm. Simple.

Firstly you don't have to be so rude, I'm just trying to understand the story better. If this topic is too sensitive for you to discuss then

• Well, it is too late for that. Both ending choices proved that our choices didn't matter at all. It's like we never did them! And there are many flaws with the finale. Like Jefferson for a villain. Oh and the "You are not getting away with this" cliche... made me cringe so hard...

Don't let it ruin the game for you man! The endings shouldn't undermine the whole amazing experience. Plus, they weren't so bad when you get deeper into them. And no denying that they pack a lot of feels, imo.

• I'd wouldn't say that Life is Strange is better than all Telltale Games. But I would agree that the game can certainly compete with them.

• edited October 2015

Never mind.

Seems like we're getting 3 additional episodes. (I'll have to verify)

Sign in to comment in this discussion.