Why Troy Baker (VA for Rhys) is the best

watch the vidjah

The weirdest part is that every time he reverts to his normal voice, all I can imagine is Rhys.

Comments

• edited November 2015

Yeah, around the time Tales episode 1 was coming out, I was thinking a great voice actor like Troy Baker working with Telltale would be awesome and true enough Zer0 Sum came out and I was kind of shocked and excited to hear Troy's voice come out of Rhys. Troy Baker IS Rhys in the same way Dameon Clarke IS Handsome Jack.

• I lost it at the Nolan North

• Yeah, it is kinda funny how Rhys' voice is just Troy's normal voice

• Man, Troy Baker is just killing it with these impressions! First there was Handsome Jack, then Patrick Warburton (basically lol), and now Nolan North!

God, that man is just too amazing, I swear...

• He is in everything now lol but im not complaining. he is great!

• I over listen to VA's so I've grown to hear their natural voice in their characters and I'm like "I Know That Voice" (love that documentary). Actually, first time I heard Laura Bailey talk in her normal voice, I was really surprised by how much higher it is and less husky than the voices she almost always does for her characters. So that was a rare instance.

Poogers555 posted: »

Yeah, it is kinda funny how Rhys' voice is just Troy's normal voice

• Fucking hell I love Troy Baker.

• He sounds so genuine speaking as Rhys. Like an actual person IRL. Talent at its finest.

• I swear when Rhys stopped using the voice thing in episode 4, I thought it was still Patrick!

CraazyCake posted: »

Man, Troy Baker is just killing it with these impressions! First there was Handsome Jack, then Patrick Warburton (basically lol), and now Nolan North! God, that man is just too amazing, I swear...

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I like hearing him do his impressions, it's not in the video but one of my favourites that i have heard Troy do is his Patrick Warburton impression as he sounds exactly like him :P

I remember @puzzlebox saying that when Rhys was doing his Hugo Vasquez impression (when the voice changer broke) he sounded so much like him that they asked Troy to tone down his impression as they couldn't tell the difference.

• man everytime i see troy with a new hair cugt i get a bit sad becuz he looks awesome with the previous, but then he looks pretty awesome. dude knows how to style his hair. sounds weird right? but he literately the only man i care for his hair cut. dude is just awesome.

also i think he was nailing that Nolan North impression, until he just lost it with nolan showing up.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.