Number one reason to play this game?

I've had a really hard time coming up with objective "you will love this because..." arguments for friends that haven't played. Mostly because I'm still at the rabid fan stage. (I think it's also because I'm known for being pretty awful at shooters, but whatev :P)

What would you tell your friends to convince them they need to play TFTBL?

Comments

• edited November 2015

enter link description here

Seriously, if you missed this game, you missed a part of your life.

• Story

Humor

Gameplay

• BUY IT OR I'LL GOUGE YOUR EYES OUT WITH MY PINKIES!!!

• I would tell them it will blow their mind

• Tell them it will make their head spin

Poogers555 posted: »

I would tell them it will blow their mind

• And it will also break your heart.

Tell them it will make their head spin

• edited November 2015

It depends on the person you're talking to I'd say. If they have already played Telltale games before or are generally into story driven games, it might be enough to tell them it's one of the best there is. Maybe you should also mention that it doesn't matter if they have ever played a Borderlands game before and you're probably good to go.

If they are not used to these games, try something that they can relate to, like telling them how funny it is or explaining to them it's like their favorite tv series, except better.

If all else fails, tell them that you assume the more people buy the game, the more likely it is for TTG to create more TftB, therefore they could currently be standing between you and another season, which you do not recommend.

• Because "Busy Earning" is the title song.

• What makes Tales so special to me is the perfect mixture of humor and strong, heartfelt storytelling. It'll make you laugh, cry, and everything inbetween. It also has a great cast of diverse characters, an awesome assortment of music, and it's newcomer friendly!

• Definitely the humor, but getting people to play a game just because "it's funny" is nigh impossible. I had that problem trying to explain Gunpoint to people...

I think the best way to sell the game to somebody would be to show them the first few minutes of Rhys's story. Vaughn's nonchalant "every night it haunts my dreams" comment, Henderson's body floating past the window, and the musical intro all do a great job of setting the tone for the game without spoiling anything.

• I'd tell them that waiting for each one of the episodes became the biggest hype of my 2015. For me and many others, it beat The Walking Dead: Season 1, which we thought couldn't be done, because I loved that so much. It just felt like such an epic adventure.

It was beautifully written. The dialogue, the characters, the voice acting, just pretty much everything was on point. It's a decision game, and in the end it felt like the decisions I made really did matter. Everyone who took part in creating this piece of art, should be given all the praise in the world. I went into this series not expecting anything special, and came out with it being my GOTY and one of my favourite things I've played/ watched ever.

And if fangirling about it fails, then just tell them the first episode is free. That was enough to get me wanting more. (I know you said one reason so sorry about this rave, haha. I just really felt like gushing about it)

• Not only do I promise this, I pinky promise (I don't know, I couldn't come up with anything creative).

And it will also break your heart.

• Its loads of fun. What else do you need to say?

• Characters

Comedy

Plot

Music

Action

Abs

• Here, it'll enhance your gaming experience!

Not only do I promise this, I pinky promise (I don't know, I couldn't come up with anything creative).

• Characters, Comedy, Plot Music, Action

enter image description here

Abs

enter image description here

Characters Comedy Plot Music Action Abs

• Because you're going to miss the story of a lifetime.

• It has Loader Bot.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited November 2015

Make sure you don't get cut out of the deal on this game!

Poogers555 posted: »

Here, it'll enhance your gaming experience!

• Tell them:

JUST DO IT.

• What would you tell your friends to convince them they need to play TFTBL?

I would tell them it's like Shaun of the Dead meets Spaceballs, that it's super funny and that if they don't play it, I'm stealing their pet cat Mr Fluffy Wuffle =.=

• I'd say "Do me a flava and play this awesome game or I'll eat your babies."

• Hmm... well, there's something in this game to appeal to all people. (Dark Humor, Great Acting, Fantastic Story, Beautiful Art Style, Choice Based, Episodic, Etc.) so It really depends on what kind of person you're talking to, if you know their personality, then you know exactly what element of the game you'll want to recommend to them.

• i tried to get my friend to ay tftbl but no luck he did play episode 1 but none of the others

• Tell them the first episode is free, so what do they have to lose?

• edited November 2015

Looking cool as hell in his new body.

Pipas posted: »

It has Loader Bot.

• I've got friends in both camps: play borderlands and play telltale games.

I think the borderlands fans are thinking this is like Narrative Mode in ME3 and scoff in my general direction.

The telltale fans are from the sam and max and monkey island era, and are not sure they want a borderlands spinoff with few puzzles.

I myself pretty much downloaded the playstation demo thinking that would be as far as it went...and then immediately purchased 1-3 and have been trying to convince them it is made of awesome ever since.

Navoc posted: »

It depends on the person you're talking to I'd say. If they have already played Telltale games before or are generally into story driven gam

• I think the newcomer friendly part is the biggest thing I have to convince people of. The fourth game in a series really shouldn't be a good jumping in point, but it totally is.

Deadpoolian posted: »

What makes Tales so special to me is the perfect mixture of humor and strong, heartfelt storytelling. It'll make you laugh, cry, and everyth

• I was actually on the fence about Rhys in the demo. At the point he is still on Helios and most of his interactions up to the deal he is arrogant and entitled. I think I would have thrown that version of him out of the caravan, too. :D

Courtenay posted: »

Definitely the humor, but getting people to play a game just because "it's funny" is nigh impossible. I had that problem trying to explain G

• Do you know where it is free? I haven't been able to find a free PC version, it seems like all that's available is the season pass.

I'd tell them that waiting for each one of the episodes became the biggest hype of my 2015. For me and many others, it beat The Walking Dead

• That's the thing. Most of them FPS, some of them even do Borderlands. I was not expecting to need to hard sell.

Hmm... well, there's something in this game to appeal to all people. (Dark Humor, Great Acting, Fantastic Story, Beautiful Art Style, Choice

• Do you know if it is free on all platforms? I've had no luck even finding episodes for PC.

Misty99 posted: »

Tell them the first episode is free, so what do they have to lose?

• Yeah, from what I've seen, Tales has been many people's first Borderlands game. It's a great introduction to the series!

Linnet posted: »

I think the newcomer friendly part is the biggest thing I have to convince people of. The fourth game in a series really shouldn't be a good jumping in point, but it totally is.

• It's definitely free on the PS3 Store, when I checked on the PS3 I just searched for tftb and then just clicked Episode One when it come up. So it'll still be free everywhere.

Steam should definitely have all the episodes separately.

Do you know where it is free? I haven't been able to find a free PC version, it seems like all that's available is the season pass.

• I thought everyone here who is recommending the game has played it but fine.

• edited November 2015

It is not free for PC or Mac, it is free for Xbox, PlayStation, iOS, and Android users, according to this video.

enter link description here

You know what, just show them this video, they'll be sold on the game almost immediately.

Do you know if it is free on all platforms? I've had no luck even finding episodes for PC.

• http://store.steampowered.com/app/330830/

I don't see it, nor on amazon, nor on this site. I know i can get to it on my kindle.

I'll take your word for it on the ps3, my psn status for everything is "purchased" :D

It's definitely free on the PS3 Store, when I checked on the PS3 I just searched for tftb and then just clicked Episode One when it come up. So it'll still be free everywhere. Steam should definitely have all the episodes separately.

• Not to mention if you haven't played I'm not sure that sentence means much. It was nice of you, though.

KCohere posted: »

I thought everyone here who is recommending the game has played it but fine.

• Thanks for that. I kept staring at the steam page and trying to figure out where the episodes were.

It is not free for PC or Mac, it is free for Xbox, PlayStation, iOS, and Android users, according to this video. enter link description here You know what, just show them this video, they'll be sold on the game almost immediately.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.