Did I miss something... How is Athena alive?

Just wondering, she dies tragically and then randomly reappears in my vault team, never mentioning her death or resurrection... Kind of rude.

Comments

• She never died, was just knocked out. Brick and Mordecai take Athena prisoner to question her about something she had done in the past (working for Jack). This is what the game Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel is all about.

• Thank you :) Hopefully I'll have time to crack through the Borderlands titles over Christmas: I've only started Borderlands 1 :(

Deadpoolian posted: »

She never died, was just knocked out. Brick and Mordecai take Athena prisoner to question her about something she had done in the past (working for Jack). This is what the game Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel is all about.

• She didn't die. She was knocked out and captured. It's a tie in with the framing narrative for The Pre-Sequel

• What is the chronological order of the games again :)?

• The only caveat is that like TFTBL, TPS has a framing narrative that takes place in the future. The "future" that TPS is narrated from is the "present" of TFTBL

What is the chronological order of the games again ?

• If your talking game by game. Its Bl 1-Bl PreSequel-Bl 2- TFTB

• Thanks guys :) hopefully the next game will be TFTBL2 !

Morphias posted: »

If your talking game by game. Its Bl 1-Bl PreSequel-Bl 2- TFTB

• edited November 2015

No Problemo! Cross your fingers then again its in the air with the ending. So just hope :D

Thanks guys hopefully the next game will be TFTBL2 !

• Yes, but if you're talking about in what order they should be played in, it's BL1, BL2, TPS, then TFTBL.

If your talking game by game. Its Bl 1-Bl PreSequel-Bl 2- TFTB

• Britisher said Chronological Order thats why i said that

Yes, but if you're talking about in what order they should be played in, it's BL1, BL2, TPS, then TFTBL.

• Yeah I meant game-play chronology, but I'll be playing them the way they're meant to be played :) apart from TFTBL.

Britisher said Chronological Order thats why i said that

• edited November 2015

Chronological in terms of main story, yes, but not chronological in terms of when they were released and how they should be played, as TPS spoils some parts of BL2. I'm not saying you're wrong, I just don't want somebody to think they need to play TPS before playing BL2.

Britisher said Chronological Order thats why i said that

• Cool, I hope you enjoy them!

Thank you Hopefully I'll have time to crack through the Borderlands titles over Christmas: I've only started Borderlands 1

• edited November 2015

okay

Chronological in terms of main story, yes, but not chronological in terms of when they were released and how they should be played, as TPS s

• Actually the future of TPS is technically before the present of TFTB, around the same time as episode 4 and 5.

Linnet posted: »

The only caveat is that like TFTBL, TPS has a framing narrative that takes place in the future. The "future" that TPS is narrated from is the "present" of TFTBL

• edited November 2015

Play Borderlands (2009), Borderlands 2 (2012), Borderlands The Pre Sequal (2014)
    It's make sense to play them in the order they are released, because it makes more sense that way. And gives a good back story to events prior to BL2.

But the actual game timeline order is BL1, TPS, BL2, TFTB. (TPS is set after borderlands 2, but its a hostage with Athena to which its a flashback game to show event before borderlands 2) Hench why when she's hit with the Rocket Launcher she doesn't die but gets taken to take part in TPS

• enter image description here

enter image description here

Thank you Hopefully I'll have time to crack through the Borderlands titles over Christmas: I've only started Borderlands 1

Sign in to comment in this discussion.