Why does nobody care about the female Jesse?

edited November 2015 in Minecraft: Story Mode

Am I literally the only person who prefers the female Jesse over the male? I've noticed it's like nobody cares for the female Jesse even being in the game. all I've seen are people picking the male Jesse over and over.

Comments

• edited November 2015

I like female Jesse better too. I find her voice very fitting for the character. Male Jesse's voice is great too, of course, but I think female Jesse's voice really matches her style and personality. Also I keep hearing Remy when male Jesse opens his mouth (Ratatouille is one of my favourite Disney movies and I watched it several times so it's my fault).

I think that because male Jesse #1 is the "default" Jesse, people usually pick him.

• well majority of minecraft players are male, at least 60-70 percent of them. so you're probably watching male minecraft-ers (minecraft gamers? minecraft players? minecrafters...?) rather than female. watch Yogscast Hannah for a female jesse

• Both are good in my book. I like Patton's performance just a little more though because Taber sometimes sounds a little overexcited specifically near the end of episode 3, but that's just a minor nitpick.

• I picked female Jesse :) And I love her!

• edited November 2015

I'm a male and picked the female Jesse and even some girls picked the male Jesse for some reason.

Abeille posted: »

I like female Jesse better too. I find her voice very fitting for the character. Male Jesse's voice is great too, of course, but I think fem

• Most people pick the gender that they are in character creation.

• To me Female Jesse is meh. Im more connected to Male Jesse.

• to Be Honest i picked Male jesse only to ship him with Petra :| , anyone like me here ?

• I liked female Jesse's voice more, but I went with Male Jesse for my main run cause I am male, but I did do a second run with female Jesse.

• I picked female Jesse because i like to play as a female when I havw the option. Its probably just a matter of gamers wanting to play as their own gender for the most part, and as has been mention, most gamers are male.

• Well I like Patton Oswalt (huge King of Queens fan) so when I found out he was gonna be the voice of male Jesse I had to pick him

• I think the female Jesse is better, to be the male Jesse just seems soooo akward

Well I like Patton Oswalt (huge King of Queens fan) so when I found out he was gonna be the voice of male Jesse I had to pick him

• This is a weird thread. Because I remember when episode 1 came out, someone made a thread asking which Jesse they liked more And if I remember correctly, the majority like FemJesse the most.

• So picking the male jesse means you dont care about the female jesse? Okay then.

• edited November 2015

You should ask YOGSCAST Hannah or Infernokun

• I prefer the female Jesse over the male Jesse

So picking the male jesse means you dont care about the female jesse? Okay then.

• That's not what I said, I answered the thread title, choosing one gender doesn't mean u don't care about the other

I prefer the female Jesse over the male Jesse

• Actually about half of PC rpg/adventure gamers are female. But women are less likely to stream their playthroughs or post on forums.

KCohere posted: »

I picked female Jesse because i like to play as a female when I havw the option. Its probably just a matter of gamers wanting to play as their own gender for the most part, and as has been mention, most gamers are male.

• I think the female voice acting is much better.

• enter image description here

black255 posted: »

to Be Honest i picked Male jesse only to ship him with Petra , anyone like me here ?

• I ship the female Jesse with Axel

black255 posted: »

to Be Honest i picked Male jesse only to ship him with Petra , anyone like me here ?

• Is that true? I like to think it is but half sounds like a lot.

Flog61 posted: »

Actually about half of PC rpg/adventure gamers are female. But women are less likely to stream their playthroughs or post on forums.

• That's about right, although some of these games have a bigger female playerbase than the others.

That goes for MMORPGs too. 47% of GW2's playerbase was female a couple of years ago, but I don't know if anything changed (I stopped playing it a while ago). The MMO I play right now has a much smaller female playerbase, though.

Is that true? I like to think it is but half sounds like a lot.

• edited November 2015

I am male and I have only played as female Jesse, for three reasons. 1. Catherine Taber also voiced Mission Vao from KOTOR 2. She's a better VA than Patton Oswalt and 3. I dunno, I just identify with her more.

• The majority of research papers end up with a fairly large male majority . Still it doesn't really matter

Is that true? I like to think it is but half sounds like a lot.

• Honestly, it is. Some of Patton's lines just sound half-hearted at times. I mean he has his moments, sure, but the voice acting is a bit ehh at times.

Like, there's a few "AAH!"s and other screams that literally sound like he's just reading them off the script. Axel also suffers from a lot of that too, but that's a different story.

Flog61 posted: »

I think the female voice acting is much better.

• Same I was going to have two playthroughs of each gender, but after hearing his voice, I'm only going to have 1 male save.

michyxox posted: »

I think the female Jesse is better, to be the male Jesse just seems soooo akward

• I'm playing as female Jesse on 3 out of 4 of my playthroughs. I honestly hate male Jesse's voice/voice acting.

• Even though I'm a guy, I predominantly choose female players when available. Sure, if the game allows it playing as myself via a custom character (such as Saints Row 3) is great, but I've been playing games for over 2 decades and it's a breath of fresh air to have female protagonists. Plus, having listened to her deliver the lines in this first part of Chapter 1, I have to say I'm a lot more impressed with the way her voice sounds.

Also, if what someone else said and she's the same VA as Mission from KotOR, that's even better.

• Yeah, I think male Jesse said "Go go go gogo!" in episode 3 better than the female Jesse, for example. But for the most part, female Jesse has more expression

Deltino posted: »

Honestly, it is. Some of Patton's lines just sound half-hearted at times. I mean he has his moments, sure, but the voice acting is a bit ehh

• I went with Male Jesse because of Patton Oswalt, and I never got a chance to hear the female Jesse voice.

Although, they both have some weird things going on with their voice. Male Jesse sometimes sounds like he's really bored and female Jesse sometimes sounds like she's being really sarcastic.

• edited November 2015

I don't hate the male Jesse, I just prefer the female Jesse because she sounds like a badass.

AdamGoodtme posted: »

I'm playing as female Jesse on 3 out of 4 of my playthroughs. I honestly hate male Jesse's voice/voice acting.

• Well Moonlight, she gets so recognition because she was in the episode three trailer...but personally I don't care as long as I get a good experience.

• I just like Patton Oswalt otherwise I probably would have gone with a female character as I tend to do that for most games.

• I honestly play with both male and female Jesse every episode. It's fun!

• Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that you did. And I agree, she sounds awesome.

I don't hate the male Jesse, I just prefer the female Jesse because she sounds like a badass.

• not really since most players picked the male Jesse, They have no clue what the female Jesse sounds like.

BenLivesOn posted: »

Well Moonlight, she gets so recognition because she was in the episode three trailer...but personally I don't care as long as I get a good experience.

• edited November 2015

IMO, She sounds better than the male Jesse. she's more enthusiastic and it shows you like she knows what she's doing than the male version of Jesse. he sounds less enthusiastic and bored. She also sounds pretty disciplined

AdamGoodtme posted: »

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that you did. And I agree, she sounds awesome.

• Even though I'm a guy, I predominantly choose female players when available. Sure, if the game allows it playing as myself via a custom char

• I know what she sounds like, but i prefer Male Jesse, Patton Oswalt does better at voice acting.

not really since most players picked the male Jesse, They have no clue what the female Jesse sounds like.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.