Share Your Creative Work Here (Minimum 50 Posts Before Posting)

JenniferJennifer Moderator
edited October 2017 in General Chat

We used to have a general thread to share our creations, but I can't seem to find it. We have some for music, some for fan art, but nothing generalized recently. So, I figured I'd start a new one. Please become a regular poster on these forums by making at least 50 posts here (and don't spam, please make those posts meaningful!) before promoting your stuff, as we'd rather not have people using this forum for self-promotion if they aren't interested in becoming a regular member of this community.

If you want to share your fan art (including drawings, digital art, animations, or videos other than Let's Plays, Playthroughs, Speedruns, or Longplays) for Telltale's games or fan art for one of the franchises licensed by Telltale in general, we do have fan art threads for each of Telltale's franchises, so it'd be better to post those there so the fans of the series can better find them. Here's the fan art threads for each of Telltale's franchises: Minecraft, Game of Thrones, Borderlands, The Walking Dead, The Wolf Among Us, Back to the Future, Poker Night at the Inventory, Sam & Max, Monkey Island, Homestar Runner, Jurassic Park, Law & Order, Hector, Puzzle Agent, Wallace & Gromit, Bone, Telltale Texas Hold'em, and CSI.

If you have a fan fiction (both of franchises related to Telltale's games, and of franchises unrelated to Telltale) that you'd like to share, please share those in the forum games section. Fan fiction is pretty popular on these forums, and there's a lot of fan fiction to read and share there if you haven't already. So feel free to visit the forum games section to read and share if you enjoy fan fiction.

If you have a Let's Play, Playthrough, Speedrun, or Longplay of one of Telltale's games (or for other games in the series not released by Telltale, such as the original Minecraft), please share those in the forum for that game. There are dedicated video sharing threads for most of Telltale's franchises from The Walking Dead onward. The video sharing threads for those games are as follows: Minecraft, Game of Thrones, Borderlands and The Walking Dead. If you have created a video of The Wolf Among Us or one of Telltale's series prior to The Walking Dead, feel free to create a new thread about it in the forum for that game, as there are no dedicated threads for videos of these games.

If you have anything else creative that you'd like to share, be it music, video, art, animation, original writing, or anything else that you have created that doesn't fall into the categories listed above, then feel free to share it in this thread (as long as you meet the prerequisite 50 post minimum so that you're an established member of this community). Have fun! :)

Tagged:

Comments

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited November 2015

You might have seen me talking about ScummGen, the compiler that takes C-style code and compiles it into resources used by the actual SCUMM engine (used by LucasArts for all of their adventure games from Maniac Mansion to The Curse of Monkey Island). I finally got myself familiarized with the engine by polishing up the ScummGen test game, Indiana Jones and the Call of Thunder.

The original team (Dominik Haslinger, Jens Doblies and Sebastien Ronsse) did the majority of the work. It was originally intended to be a much longer game, but it was cancelled. I finished up the ice cavern sequence so that it could be released as a completely playable game as I thought it would be a shame if no one got to play it. Their sourcecode was playable up to the point where you complete the mechanism in the cavern.

Here are the changes and fixes that I made to that source code:

-Replaced LucasArts logo with a ScummGen logo.
    -Made a few grammar corrections to the original script.
    -Created icons for inventory items that lacked them (all instances of the stones and the gas can).
    -Programmed an if/then statement regarding the gas can that was referenced but not implemented in the source.
    -Fixed the mechanism puzzle to require both objects, as before it was possible to complete it with only one object.
    -Added dialog to facilitate the change in the mechanism puzzle.
    -Fixed the lighting so that the cavern stays lit when you move to the cavern entrance and back.
    -Enabled the usage of the item used to exit the cavern, as referenced but not implemented in the source.
    -Changed description of the macguffin as it was originally used as a joke related to the game being unfinished (but kept it humourous to suit the tone of the original).
    -Added dialog necessary for the ending sequence.
    -Added an ending screen.

You can download it at my itch.io page if you want to try it out. It includes the sourcecode. It doesn't include an executable though, as it needs ScummVM in order to run (and I figured I'd cut out the middle man and just let people run ScummVM on whatever system they wish to run it on). It's detected in ScummVM as Day of the Tentacle.

I also created a high resolution icon for the game last year for the project that aims to create High Resolution Icons for ScummVM and ResidualVM:
    Call of Thunder Icon

• BigBlindMaxBigBlindMax Banned
    edited November 2015

Interesting idea!

Can people post short (as in 1 post) Non-telltale fanfics here? IMO, it doesn't make much sense to put say...a non-interactive Fallout fanfic in forum games.

And I'm not just saying that because Forums Games is a low-traffic purgatory for fanfiction. ;)

• I was the mod who first decided to put fan fictions in Forum Games. I've made an exception allowing Game of Thrones fan fics to be in the main forum due to a low quantity of them, but for general fan fictions as well as Walking Dead fan fictions, I moved both of those types of fan fictions to Forum Games due to their quantity. Because of problems with large quantity in the past, I'd admittedly prefer that even off topic fan fictions go to forum games and not the main Telltale Talk section.

BigBlindMax posted: »

Interesting idea! Can people post short (as in 1 post) Non-telltale fanfics here? IMO, it doesn't make much sense to put say...a non-int

• Here's Cassie from MKX.

enter image description here

I messed up on the eye textures though

• edited April 2016

• Hoooooot daaaaamn, I love Cassie.

Ashly Burch in general tho <3

Here's Cassie from MKX. I messed up on the eye textures though

• Jennifer, I am utterly shocked that not one of us thought about a thread like this. Good thinking.

• There was "General Fan Art Thread" months ago, here in the Telltale Talk section.

No one really contributed to it, so it got sunk down by other threads.

Jennifer, I am utterly shocked that not one of us thought about a thread like this. Good thinking.

• Was there really? I never saw such.

There was "General Fan Art Thread" months ago, here in the Telltale Talk section. No one really contributed to it, so it got sunk down by other threads.

• Pistol packin' Mama, lay that pistol down!

• This is a music composition of mine. Hope you like it!

• I listened to the whole thing. I loved it! <3

AlfMusic posted: »

This is a music composition of mine. Hope you like it!

• So I can post like anything I've been working on? Because I've been writing a story for quite some time that I wanted to post somewhere. For now though, I'll just start with some simple fan art until I can confirm I can post the story. Don't want to be rude, now do I?

(Also I'm aware my art is shit. I only use MSPaint. Go ahead and hate, I'll probably just write some edgy sarcastic reply and regret my life choices for a few hours.)

(Ruby Rose)

(Gohan)

(Cloud)

• edited November 2015

My book is my creative work

It's about humanity living its last days at the top of an apartment tower with no idea of how they got there or why.

You should buy it today.
    http://www.amazon.com/FLOOR-21-Jason-Luthor-ebook/dp/B00UNLBJNI

• You made a fallout fanfic?

BigBlindMax posted: »

Interesting idea! Can people post short (as in 1 post) Non-telltale fanfics here? IMO, it doesn't make much sense to put say...a non-int

• BigBlindMaxBigBlindMax Banned
    edited November 2015

Nope, the last thread I visited was the Fallout thread, so I was just using that as an example.

Viva-La-Lee posted: »

You made a fallout fanfic?

• The plot sounds exactly like the type of story that I'd enjoy, and the price point is quite reasonable, so I just picked it up. Coincidentally, I'm also in the process of writing a novel (as part of National Novel Writing Month), but I'll be sure to read it once the month is over. It sounds really interesting. :)

DAISHI posted: »

My book is my creative work It's about humanity living its last days at the top of an apartment tower with no idea of how they got there or why. You should buy it today. http://www.amazon.com/FLOOR-21-Jason-Luthor-ebook/dp/B00UNLBJNI

• Thank you!

I listened to the whole thing. I loved it!

• Dude, nice!

AlfMusic posted: »

This is a music composition of mine. Hope you like it!

• Thanks Jennifer :) It's pretty well reviewed and my editor really helped shape up the material. I'm hoping the holiday ad campaign the publisher runs will generate some more attention.

Jennifer posted: »

The plot sounds exactly like the type of story that I'd enjoy, and the price point is quite reasonable, so I just picked it up. Coincidenta

• OH and let me know what you think when you're finished.

Jennifer posted: »

The plot sounds exactly like the type of story that I'd enjoy, and the price point is quite reasonable, so I just picked it up. Coincidenta

• I remember reading that.

Great job on it :)

DAISHI posted: »

My book is my creative work It's about humanity living its last days at the top of an apartment tower with no idea of how they got there or why. You should buy it today. http://www.amazon.com/FLOOR-21-Jason-Luthor-ebook/dp/B00UNLBJNI

• Thanks! I'm trying to campaign with it pretty hard this month.

Saltlick123 posted: »

I remember reading that. Great job on it

• Ruby! <3

So I can post like anything I've been working on? Because I've been writing a story for quite some time that I wanted to post somewhere. For

• Oh! You're a fan of RWBY too?

Ruby!

• Hell, yes! Volume 3 is awesome so far.

Oh! You're a fan of RWBY too?

• Yeah. I've gotta say, I love Qrow's character at the moment!

Hell, yes! Volume 3 is awesome so far.

• edited December 2015

A fan picture I drew back in 2012 for The Fox and the Hound (one of my all-time favorite Disney movies), which has been done entirely by freehand. One of my best works too, in my opinion!

• Well, okay, for a thread like this, I'm actually a modestly popular Youtuber in the world of comics.

Here's a sample -

• These are fucking shiet! Flagged as offensive.

So I can post like anything I've been working on? Because I've been writing a story for quite some time that I wanted to post somewhere. For

• edited December 2015

Qrow is fucking amazing! The voice actor sounds smexy.

tfw you change your profile picture to one of my favorite characters...

Yeah. I've gotta say, I love Qrow's character at the moment!

• Subscribbled.

Demarcoa posted: »

Well, okay, for a thread like this, I'm actually a modestly popular Youtuber in the world of comics. Here's a sample -

• Yeah, Qrow is pretty awesome. Hell, I'm a straight male and I can admit his voice actor is sexy as hell.

Oh, you like Nora too? I love her character for those awesome one-liners she gets every now and then.

Qrow is fucking amazing! The voice actor sounds smexy. tfw you change your profile picture to one of my favorite characters...

• Thank you, I know.

papai46 posted: »

These are fucking shiet! Flagged as offensive.

• edited April 2016

• I actually created this short cartoon back in 2009, but I had to re-upload it to YouTube this year. I tried a filter on it, but when I removed it, the video became out of sync. Since you can't re-upload videos to YouTube, I decided to post it again on my newer channel.

The Cupcake Topper

• enter image description here

This render is mostly testing the settings I used for the metallic parts and skin. I failed on the hair, however. v_v

• You'll get better with experience

This render is mostly testing the settings I used for the metallic parts and skin. I failed on the hair, however. v_v

• edited December 2015

Well I'm just gonna put my deviantart profile here.

http://bloodymosquito.deviantart.com/gallery/

• 9/10 best art ever too much water

FetchWalker posted: »

Well I'm just gonna put my deviantart profile here. http://bloodymosquito.deviantart.com/gallery/

Sign in to comment in this discussion.