Does anyone else not like Rueben?

When I started Episode 1 and found out we had a pet pig, I was like 'Oh, awesome'. :D

Then Olivia started yapping on about how it's weird, and I was immediately defensive of Rueben. "It's not weird at all." I said. "Rueben's my friend."

Then at the festival when our build caught fire, I was like, 'Screw the build, we need to save my pig!' and I went straight after him. Then I found him and forgave him and comforted him. Afterwards, we got cornered by zombies, and I told him to just save himself. I then go and rescue him from a butcher, and in appreciation of all these sacrifices, what does he do? Give me numerous angry, almost pissed off glares? Yeah, real nice pig, you better hope I don't find myself hungry anytime soon...

Ever since that, I've tried to warm to him (after all, he's our pet, and I like to bond with all characters in Telltale games) but I just can't. I find him just annoying... and ungrateful. And a massive liability. Anyone else the same?

Comments

• I don't like him. To be fair I still might save him over Olivia but it would be a close thing

• Yeah, real nice pig, you better hope I don't find myself hungry anytime soon...

Bacon! :)

• Yea, tbh I would rather save Axel then Reuben. :P

• Tasty little piggy, not good alive...

• I honestly dont like him. Every time I see him in a hub world I just...

enter image description here

• No because he isn't in the frying pan

• Eh, I don't mind him.

• The weird thing is Jesse likes Ruben no doubt but when he runs into the herd of pigs in episode 1 he/she says stupid pigs. So likes Ruben but not other ones. Yes I like Ruben but I know telltale to well he is gonna be bacon in episode 5

• Everyone likes him.

But I really find him annoying, I found him ugly from right the start. I would easily save a random chicken than him.

• I want him and his family dead.

• I don't dislike him, but I'm feeling less and less attached to him as the episodes go by.

• Poogers with the Will Smith reactions thooo

Poogers555 posted: »

I honestly dont like him. Every time I see him in a hub world I just...

• It's a fucking pig

Jesus Christ

• [removed]

It's a fucking pig Jesus Christ

• [removed]

Talimancer posted: »

shut up you sket

• edited December 2015

I enjoy him, in regards, that he's the main charecter's PET. You just can't hate him. But I don't really get the reaction he's had. (Maybe cuz he's a pig. I mean if he was a wolf, than heck yes, I'd catch a gernade for him (lawlz. I'm gonna die a slow death for that one.) But a pig? I dunno. Maybe I'm just being animalist. Mm-mm.) But I can't really hate him or dislike him either. He's in the same boat with....well....Lucas. [user has been banned for his own safety. ]

• Well Jesse and the gang is pretty much "family" to him.

I want him and his family dead.

• edited December 2015

I don't think he share the same love, we do... When I saved him and Axel, even though I was nice the entire game, he still had his doubts about who I will run to

• Good. I want them dead too.

Smellmeh posted: »

Well Jesse and the gang is pretty much "family" to him.

• I would like to have a chicken as a pet instead. It could travel around on the top of people's heads.

Everyone likes him. But I really find him annoying, I found him ugly from right the start. I would easily save a random chicken than him.

• edited December 2015

What is said above is true even if you do all that and threaten the butcher for him he gets angry, and if you keep him with you it's his fault that he gets lost because he stays looking at a mask stand and you can't get his attention

But after the first Hal of the episode he warmed up to me finally and he is great I would save him over axel

• Is there anyone you don't hate?

Good. I want them dead too.

• This thread...is dangerous! When Telltale sees all these people hating on Reuben, they kill have him eaten by the witherstorm! This is terrible! There is nothing we can do! How can we save Reuben!!! EVERYBODY PANIC!!!

• Observes the thread Oh no...What....What have you done IceFromIron?! You have created a very dangerous thread! It will put the life of Reuben in danger! Telltale will see everyone hating Reuben in this thread. And when they do...They...They do something evil to him...MAYBE EVEN MURDER HIM!!! This is terrible! EVERYBODY PANIC!!!!!

• That's now how TellTale works. They kill everybody you love. Saying you hate a character is a good way to keep them alive.

This thread...is dangerous! When Telltale sees all these people hating on Reuben, they kill have him eaten by the witherstorm! This is terrible! There is nothing we can do! How can we save Reuben!!! EVERYBODY PANIC!!!

• I know that...Im just having fun. :P

Abeille posted: »

That's now how TellTale works. They kill everybody you love. Saying you hate a character is a good way to keep them alive.

• edited December 2015

No. Except Harys.

Is there anyone you don't hate?

• THIS IS WHAT YOU DESERVE FOR DISLIKING HIM!!!

• If you high-five him, he'll be super happy

• Hope that black eye is not stinging too badly pig.

AronDracula posted: »

THIS IS WHAT YOU DESERVE FOR DISLIKING HIM!!!

• I think you either love Reuben or hate Reuben

• edited December 2015

But a good friend will trust by what you've done for him so far, at least if you're loyal to Kenny he's loyal to you

AronDracula posted: »

If you high-five him, he'll be super happy

• No you don't. You just joined very recently.

I know that...Im just having fun. :P

• Yes

Gideowl posted: »

But a good friend will trust by what you've done for him so far, at least if you're loyal to Kenny he's loyal to you

• edited December 2015

Just because i joined recently, doesn't mean i haven't played Telltale's games. I played The Walking Dead S1 and S2. (I played through the both seasons before joining telltale community) And i played their older games too. Although in their older games, they don't really kill people you love, but in TWD, yep they do... So even though im still a newbie, i think i understand quiet well what TTG does. My comment before the last comment is just me being an idiot. :P

(Also i realized i made 2 stupid comments of the same thing, my apologies)

No you don't. You just joined very recently.

• But Harrys is dead tho :P

No. Except Harys.

• Yup. I admire him after he died heroically against vicious pro-Stark terrorists.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.