What did you all think of episode 4?

I found episode 1 amazing. Episode 2 was okay. Episode 3 was amazing but not as good as episode 1. I Think Episode 4 is the best minecraft story mode episode. It was so amazing, the beginning dropped you in with an epic scene, Then, we got the classic telltale "Walk around and explore" scene, with a lot going on. then Ivor coming back and telling us how we will stop the storm. I'm not just recapping the whole episode, I'm trying to explain in my own words how awesome it was. Once finding out how the order had lied and they cheated their way to fame, i immediately felt the betrayal that Jesse and the others felt. Ivor, After helping, Hooked us up and though he started the whole mess, we couldnt have finished it without him. Soren running away though immediately turned him from my favorite to least favorite character. Lukas really got his awesome charm back. The Death or Rueben was heartbreaking though. I am happy though, because that was the one plot point i had spoiled, and i thought it would be a dumb, Didn't need to happen moment. But no, He took a great sacrifice and really went out as a hero. We Now have a new, Order of the stone, But they are real heroes this time. So, Without any hesitation, i am asking how you guys liked it, what did you like and what didn't you like?

Comments

• I was spoiled about Rueben's death (a lot) but I still fucking cried because he was in SO much pain and his squeals...Oh god. Just thinking about it is getting me emotional, but overall LOVED the hell outta of this episode! Definitely some of Telltale's best.

• edited December 2015

The death of Reuben was so damn brutal...

• I loved it, definitely the best episode from the series and a great conclusion to the Wither Storm arc. Good puzzles, well written, great choices, and an emotional death.

• edited December 2015

I got soo upset when Reuben died, but I didn't cry at all... I SCREAMED. Very emotional episode but at the same time very epic, by the way, in the Death scene, the female Jesse's voice sounds wayyy different to the way the even say the lines! Check it out guys!

• It was okay, the puzzles really dragged it out

• I liked it. Loved the puzzles and all. Unfortunetely, I got spoiled about Rueben's death, but it was still horrible.

• edited December 2015

I loved it! I was blubbering like a baby at Reuben's Death (Despite getting spoiled beforehand...) The puzzles were fun and caught me off gaurd a few times, Finding out the order of the stone had lied to the whole world about the ender dragon tarnished my view of them, somewhat :( One of my small complaints about the episode was how we didn't do anything with the potatoes the group was supposedly hungry for. Me holding onto them throughout the rest of the game felt rather pointless...

Another thing that I had noticed was that Lukas wasn't up on the stands with the rest of your group, but rather in the crowd. That bothers me because he was just as much of team player in defeating the wither storm like everybody else! He definitely deserved to be up there (he even got his own armor! >:( ). It also worries me a bit because I feel like it's implying he won't be apart of the group any longer. It would really suck if he was brushed off to the side and given the side character treatment...

EDIT: So it turns out you CAN do stuff with the potatoes, you can actually go and give them to your group one at a time and eat em! In my first run, I actually went to the witches hut right away instead of exploring like I had wanted too, hah!

• Okay, so I decided to replay the episode again with different choices. I am having a lot of difficulty playing it, because I keep seeing Reuben. You may say a lot about him and his usefulness, but he is always been at my side. Just knowing that he is gone, kinda makes me feel really...broken and incomplete...

• Probably the best episode, wasnt a big fan of the maze though.

My only thing Im worried about is because episode 4 felt so much like an ending, Im scared episode 5 will feel like some weird tag on.

• Best episode so far. I have absolutely no idea what episode 5 will be though.

• edited December 2015

It was good, but I liked episode 3 better. I think some parts took way more time than needed (the maze is just painful) while other parts could have used a little more time (Soren running away was too sudden, they could have used a couple of minutes to get him attacked by the storm so he would get scared before running away, as it would have been more consistent since he had to be convinced by Jesse to run away before). Also, I'm sick and tired of the "The Dog Dies In The End" trope, and replacing the dog with a pig didn't make it any less predictable and overused. Instead of making me sad, it just made me roll my eyes.

Other than that, I liked it. I absolutely LOVE what they did with Lukas. He is a character that makes sense. If you treat him like a friend, he will be your friend. If not, then he will leave. There is no "undying dedication", no "I'll be with you even if you treat me like crap" thing. He feels real, and his motivation for leaving the group was great too. In such a dangerous situation it would be stupid for him to just leave because of not feeling part of the group, but that wasn't his only reason; he wanted to look for his friends, the ones he just learned that could be alive. TellTale did a great job with him IMO.

It is great that the "heroes" are not so heroic and that the "villain" is not so villainous too. I would hate it if it was a black and white kind of thing. Overall, I give it a 8/10. Maybe 8.5.

• Episode 4 was awesome Reuben's death not so much

• The download isn't working for season pass discs on XBOX. Not cool that those who paid extra can't get it. When are you going to fix this?

• Still upset about Lukas not being in the new order of the stone. But I think his attitude has improved a bit in this ep, not too happy about the whole Reuben thing but I mean it's better than loosing Lukas. So overall it was okay. :P

• yep.......

Pvzfan10 posted: »

Episode 4 was awesome Reuben's death not so much

• Yeah, kinda think they should end it now.

Best episode so far. I have absolutely no idea what episode 5 will be though.

• ask telltale, i myself have no clue

bearranch posted: »

The download isn't working for season pass discs on XBOX. Not cool that those who paid extra can't get it. When are you going to fix this?

• Oh wait I just realized, if they trapped the Ender dragon in the command block, and the command block was destroyed, then what happened to it?

Maximum400 posted: »

Yeah, kinda think they should end it now.

• I had the biggest emotional breakdown I've ever had in my life... With Reuben's death... I couldn't control it. My eyes flooded like a fountain. My mouth opened so wide like how endermen do when they get mad. I never even cried that hard over The Walking Dead's Lee death scene. Great job Telltale, great job...

• edited December 2015

the whole Reuben thing. kinda made the end of the episode kinda bad, i was to upset about it to enjoy the fact that they won the fight. not sure if i want to play the next few episodes after this. you made the player base love the pig just to rip it from our arms not to happy about that kinda disappointing.

• They didn't trap the Ender Dragon, they erased it from existence.

Oh wait I just realized, if they trapped the Ender dragon in the command block, and the command block was destroyed, then what happened to it?

• The maze was easy. All you had to do was follow the torches.

Abeille posted: »

It was good, but I liked episode 3 better. I think some parts took way more time than needed (the maze is just painful) while other parts co

• But they also didn't seem that competent lol. They might have trapped it without knowing.

IceKane posted: »

They didn't trap the Ender Dragon, they erased it from existence.

• But that's what makes Telltale games great. It's about the story telling. Reuben had a good death scene. It's not disappointing at all.

• Never said it was hard. I can't think of anything on this or in any other TellTale game I played that was actually hard, aside from coping with the feels. What I said is that it was painfully long. If only Jesse walked a little faster...

The maze was easy. All you had to do was follow the torches.

• Did you not use the sprint button? The game highlighted what it was before the maze began

Never said it was hard. I can't think of anything on this or in any other TellTale game I played that was actually hard, aside from coping with the feels. What I said is that it was painfully long. If only Jesse walked a little faster...

• It was long even sprinting. The place was just too big for the walking speed.

Did you not use the sprint button? The game highlighted what it was before the maze began

• edited December 2015

Yeah I guess, but I thought the "random" events during the maze helped break the monotony, but I can see why some found it a little too long.

It was long even sprinting. The place was just too big for the walking speed.

• Why does the spoiler say 'The Walking Dead Episode 5 - No Time Left'?

• I hoped that he landed in the water, too, y'know?

But that's what makes Telltale games great. It's about the story telling. Reuben had a good death scene. It's not disappointing at all.

• Because he talked about a crucial scene from that episode in his comment.

Why does the spoiler say 'The Walking Dead Episode 5 - No Time Left'?

• edited December 2015

Aye...I hope so too. Did the fall kill him or the bite from the Wither?

I hoped that he landed in the water, too, y'know?

• Because i mentioned TWD Lee's Death Scene. Some people might not have played it yet.

Why does the spoiler say 'The Walking Dead Episode 5 - No Time Left'?

• I don't feel like he's useless at all. He was a Hero. Things could've gone worse if he wasn't there.

Okay, so I decided to replay the episode again with different choices. I am having a lot of difficulty playing it, because I keep seeing Reu

• Yeah. That maze though... It's hard to think what Episode 5 will be.

Poogers555 posted: »

Probably the best episode, wasnt a big fan of the maze though. My only thing Im worried about is because episode 4 felt so much like an ending, Im scared episode 5 will feel like some weird tag on.

• Agreed. I'm so curious...

Best episode so far. I have absolutely no idea what episode 5 will be though.

• Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I just cried like a baby. I would say maybe... 9.8/10 Maybe that's too much? Idk...

It was good, but I liked episode 3 better. I think some parts took way more time than needed (the maze is just painful) while other parts co

• I'm curious on how Lukas's old friends will act from now on. I wonder if they will treat people with respect now.

Still upset about Lukas not being in the new order of the stone. But I think his attitude has improved a bit in this ep, not too happy about the whole Reuben thing but I mean it's better than loosing Lukas. So overall it was okay. :P

• Agreed!

I was spoiled about Rueben's death (a lot) but I still fucking cried because he was in SO much pain and his squeals...Oh god. Just thinking

• The bite only got his leg, so most likely fall damage.

Aye...I hope so too. Did the fall kill him or the bite from the Wither?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.