Escape from Monkey island Voicefiles

edited March 2007 in General Chat
I'm sorry if this isn't allowed. But I saw a similar topic asking for the Escape from Monkey island manual, so... Why the heck not?

See, I'm a big fan of Monkey island series. I bought all four games. However, my English copy of Escape from Monkey island broke down a few years ago. The CD got scratched or something, because it doesn't play anymore. I was not pleased. Then I found out my favourite voice actor (Cam Clarke) voices Meathook. I was even less pleased.
Today, I found 'Flucht von Monkey Island', which is the German version of the game, for 10 euros in a German store. (I live in the Netherlands near the German border, ya know).
So anyway, long story short, the German version does not include the English voices. I was wondering if there was any place where I can download them, or if maybe one of you would be so kind as to send me the files? I think that, if all goes well, I should just be able to swap the German voicefiles with the English ones, thereby making the game (or, the voices anyway), English.
I'm not sure what to do about the subtitles or object names, though. But those don't pose a problem. I'm fairly good at German, so I'd be able to play through the game without having any English in it at all. It's just that I want to hear those English voices so much. (Also, Otis' German voice is baaaad... The way he says "Affen!" just isn't as convincing as English Otis' "MONKEYS!")

Anyway, the voicefiles I have right now are all M4B-files. They're called VoiceAll, VoiceJam, VoiceLuc, VoiceMel and VoiceMon. I think they might interact or something, but I'm no expert on these matters.

Anyway, again, I apologize if these kinds of topics are not allowed.

Comments

• edited March 2007
    Tell you what, send me a PM with your MSN address or e-mail address, and I can send you the files. We can even do it in Dutch. :)

Edit: Oh, it's in your profile. Never mind about the PM then.
  • edited March 2007
    You know, in some ways, EMI has a very cliched plot. It follows the form:

Protagonist discovers about lost relic of ultimate evil power
    Protagonist gets one so he can destroy it
    Antagonist steals it first
    Protagonist kills Antagonist anyway.
  • edited March 2007
    *laughs*

Problem solved, thanks to Haggis!
    Seriously, those voice files are like... 75 MB each. Except for VoiceAll, which is around 16 MB. Ugh...
    But anyway, now it has German subtitles and English voices. Which is pretty darn funny.

Guybrush: Grog me!
    Subtitle: Gib mir einen grog!
  • edited March 2007
    Maratanos wrote: »
    You know, in some ways, EMI has a very cliched plot. It follows the form:

Protagonist discovers about lost relic of ultimate evil power
    Protagonist gets one so he can destroy it
    Antagonist steals it first
    Protagonist kills Antagonist anyway.

So? Ahem, Monkey Island 1:
    Protagonist meets girl
    Girl gets taken by Antagonist
    Protagonist finds girl
    Protagonist defeats Antagonist.
    Protagonist gets girl (sort of)

Pull apart most plots and render them as simply as possible and the same happens. Is West Side Story necessarily a bad play because it's base plot is essentially just Romeo & Juliet?
  • edited March 2007
    So? Ahem, Monkey Island 1:

Protagonist gets girl (sort of)

:D it`s more like, girl gets Protagonist, when you look at the sequel. lol
Sign in to comment in this discussion.