Episode 5 Waiting Thread -Releasing March 29th across all platforms, Key art and screenshots on Blog

Comments

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

@puzzlebox mentioned in the past that they wouldn't release 2 different games on the same day as there would be a lot of work involved behing the scenes and it would be stressfull for the staff.

It would be funny if they did release a episode around February 17th due to the forum joke :P

JD1234550 posted: »

ya know it wouldn't surprise me if tell-tale released MCSM ep 5 and Michonne's premiere on the same date. watch it be on F17. if it is I'll laugh my *** off

• February 16th is a possibility.

OzzyUK posted: »

@puzzlebox mentioned in the past that they wouldn't release 2 different games on the same day as there would be a lot of work involved behin

• Is anyone else hoping for Villagers, or is it just me? Even a cameo would be nice.

• a good way to pass the time if you are waiting is to watch other minecraft animations, especially the ones similar to the actual Minecraft story mode like wild adventures.

• Well, during Episode 3 and 4 you can see some villages, also we got a Witch which is basically a Villager, but i still want to see how Villagers would work on Minecraft Story Mode.

MMeister123 posted: »

Is anyone else hoping for Villagers, or is it just me? Even a cameo would be nice.

• I'd like it if there was some kind of trading system, but it would be weird to see them using their arms.

MimoDX2 posted: »

Well, during Episode 3 and 4 you can see some villages, also we got a Witch which is basically a Villager, but i still want to see how Villagers would work on Minecraft Story Mode.

• How?

No. On Xbox One, I've had all the achievements (or trophies) for every episode since day 1.

• Idk. Just happened.

prink34320 posted: »

How?

• minecraft story mode only releases on tuesdays 17th is not tuesday

RJBud1 posted: »

Has somebody confirmed that MCSM will be coming out on Feb. 17? Seems sorta Long but then again we did wait like 4 months once...

• That's strange.

Idk. Just happened.

• i just finished episode 4
    now i shall wait

• welp the months almost over and no word about MCSM. I wish TT would tell us how much longer it'll be before the game is available. then again it would take away from the excitement of the surprise release. IDK its been so long since the release of episode 4.

• not strange at all, you seem new to gaming..

prink34320 posted: »

That's strange.

• me too

MMeister123 posted: »

Is anyone else hoping for Villagers, or is it just me? Even a cameo would be nice.

• You're lucky to not have to wait the whole time.

palechibi posted: »

i just finished episode 4 now i shall wait

• I played minecraft with Animated Player Mod, make me hyped because its animation movement is very similiar to Minecraft Story Mode animation movement

You're lucky to not have to wait the whole time.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Telltale don't like to post information about when they think it might release until they know for sure that it has passed certification, they would hate to announce a tentative release date then then be forced to change it should something go wrong during the certification process which is why they announce release date very close to the actual release.

At this moment in time it has only been just over 5 weeks since the release of episode 4 but during that time they also took around 2-3 weeks off during the Christmas holidays which will cause episode 5 to take slightly longer due to no staff being around to make the game, hopefully it shouldn't be too much longer but i personally don't expect it to release until around late February.

welp the months almost over and no word about MCSM. I wish TT would tell us how much longer it'll be before the game is available. then agai

• I think they will release it Late Feb. Im betting on Feb 22, 23, or 24.

welp the months almost over and no word about MCSM. I wish TT would tell us how much longer it'll be before the game is available. then agai

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited January 2016

It would have to be the 22, Telltale releases on Tuesdays.

Smellmeh posted: »

I think they will release it Late Feb. Im betting on Feb 22, 23, or 24.

• 22 is Monday, lets spin it to 23. (Tuesday)

It would have to be the 22, Telltale releases on Tuesdays.

• Misread my calendar I guess.

Smellmeh posted: »

22 is Monday, lets spin it to 23. (Tuesday)

• edited January 2016

enter image description here

Misread my calendar I guess.

• I just cannot wait for Minecraft Story Mode Episode 5 to be released!!! <3 I simply adore this series!!! Does anyone else want a season 2? I sure do! This series is so awesome, I'm addicted!

• I want season 2 hopefully they make one

Saiyan_Wolf posted: »

I just cannot wait for Minecraft Story Mode Episode 5 to be released!!! I simply adore this series!!! Does anyone else want a season 2? I sure do! This series is so awesome, I'm addicted!

• Season 2 : Brine of Heroes (AKA Jesse fights Herobrine)

I want season 2 hopefully they make one

• Yes!! I hope they make a Season 2, or at least a DLC :) But i don't want Herobrine ._.

Saiyan_Wolf posted: »

I just cannot wait for Minecraft Story Mode Episode 5 to be released!!! I simply adore this series!!! Does anyone else want a season 2? I sure do! This series is so awesome, I'm addicted!

• As someone mentioned before, TT is working on Season 3 for TWDG, making the MCSM Season 2 delayed a little.

Yes!! I hope they make a Season 2, or at least a DLC But i don't want Herobrine ._.

• Season 2 has not be announced or hinted at. If you are referring to my post above, that was a rhetorical example of things that some Walking Dead fans say about Minecraft: Story Mode (except that for my example, I asked how Walking Dead fans would feel if Minecraft fans came to the Walking Dead forums to complain about their game in the same way some Walking Dead fans rudely come to this forum to complain or make jokes about Minecraft).

As someone mentioned before, TT is working on Season 3 for TWDG, making the MCSM Season 2 delayed a little.

• edited January 2016

It isn't only happening here. I hope you've noticed TWDG fans going on other MCSM forums. And I believe I can quote some, if my memory serves me correct; 'Lukesse's gay' 'can't believe telltale gave up season3 for this f*ckin trash' And there's definitely more if you look for them hard enough.

All my reaction is: I get it, you hate MCSM, but I don't hate TWDG. In fact, TWDG was amazing. In my opinion, they are the two top rated games on my list. Just because you hate MCSM doesn't mean we hate your game.
    Any Telltale game would beat a 'normal' game like COD and Battlefield. Telltale gives us the experiences and the lessons in the choices we make in those stories. Especially in the limited amount of time, of course.

Telltale, keep doing what you're doing over there and keep up the great work because I know for a fact that you all are surely doing your best to make the plot-twist of all plot-twists. We love all the hard work and effort you put in your games and we'd be more than happy to play more in the future. And the same goes to everyone out there. Keep at it and you'll get to your finish line!

Aaaaaaaaaaand I'm done. Thank you for listening in.

Season 2 has not be announced or hinted at. If you are referring to my post above, that was a rhetorical example of things that some Walking

• This is going to sound weird, but seeing stirpicus' new avatar, it almost makes me think episode 5 is going to have some weird, creators in the game, type story line.

• I think that is just a screenshot of a character from Episode 2 for players who chose to go to Redstonia.

Poogers555 posted: »

This is going to sound weird, but seeing stirpicus' new avatar, it almost makes me think episode 5 is going to have some weird, creators in the game, type story line.

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited January 2016

https://steamdb.info/app/376870/history/

I'm not too literate in reading updates from SteamDB, but this would indicate that there is some activity happening on the back end right?

EDIT: Actually, this wasn't a rhetorical question. If Episode 5 is not yet in the Depot section but there are actual depot files being updated, does that count as notable activity?

• Oh, I actually never saw that side of ep 2, it also kinda looked like him.

oh well, atleast we can play episode 5 on F17.

I think that is just a screenshot of a character from Episode 2 for players who chose to go to Redstonia.

• Yeah...I am really missing those quick releases now. The first month of the year always feel the slowest...

• At least it will make for an interesting February, with Minecraft's finale and the premiere of Michonne!

Yeah...I am really missing those quick releases now. The first month of the year always feel the slowest...

• edited January 2016

I can guarantee you that I'm far from new to gaming, I just find it very strange that someone manages to get all the Achievements(Platinum Trophy) for an episodic game that hasn't fully released with no way to get said Trophy without achieving the actual requirement.

not strange at all, you seem new to gaming..

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I'm pretty sure "Red Brass Kitten" is the base game/episode 1 so they could be messing around getting some things ready.

https://steamdb.info/app/376870/history/ I'm not too literate in reading updates from SteamDB, but this would indicate that there is some

• Gotcha; makes sense with how some people were seeing a work in progress of the new Episode 5 select screen on consoles.

OzzyUK posted: »

I'm pretty sure "Red Brass Kitten" is the base game/episode 1 so they could be messing around getting some things ready.

• Maybe they'll argue over whose Squidward.

Well, during Episode 3 and 4 you can see some villages, also we got a Witch which is basically a Villager, but i still want to see how Villagers would work on Minecraft Story Mode.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.