Episode 5 Waiting Thread -Releasing March 29th across all platforms, Key art and screenshots on Blog

Comments

• I think it's going to be released next Tuesday because Eric Stirpe is beta testing it

• That's not the case; the tweets mean they are still working on the episode, and beta testing doesn't happen that fast. We still need to wait for a few more things to happen before we are sure the episode comes out soon, such as episode ratings.

I think it's going to be released next Tuesday because Eric Stirpe is beta testing it

• Why is this episode later then any of the others? Is it longer or did they just now (as in recently) just start working on it?

• This episode feels intriguing. Technically Episode 4 is the final episode because it concludes the Wither Storm arc, so what happens after? We know almost nothing except that it will be about the gang's adventure as The New Order of the Stone.

1. Someone explain the last news. What's with the censored words?
  • It's a joke, as he censored "spoilers" from his own tweet.

AronDracula posted: »

* Someone explain the last news. What's with the censored words?

• They pretty much started working on it late January because they took a holiday break immediately after episode 4 of story mode was released.

NorthStars posted: »

Why is this episode later then any of the others? Is it longer or did they just now (as in recently) just start working on it?

• No its not.
    I suspect a trailer next week and perhaps a release on the 8th March

I would not put it off too much further because we have been waiting about 2 and a bit months.

I think it's going to be released next Tuesday because Eric Stirpe is beta testing it

• If I were everyone else I would expect a release on the 8 March 2016 or 13 March 2016.
    Remember they said it was going to be early 2016 which kinda counts all the way to april.

I believe there will be a trailer next week and the release 8 March 2016.
    However I only am guessing and this is purely speculation because nothing much has been revealed

• From what we've got you guys are working the hardest at this episode partly because I think the release is a tiny bit further than your planned release heh (we've waited patiently ... well kind of for 2 months :P).

Although I was expecting you to put some way of some guys figuring out whats behind those blocked out messages like a code D::: anyways all I know now about this series is its about SQUARES AND RECTANGLES.... :D
    xD

Cya :P

stirpicus posted: »

Haha, bingo! I'm no official source for news.

• Expect a release between the 1st of March and the 20 March 2016.
    I know its a big time frame but just deal with it -.-

Thread: When does episode 5 come out? Hey does anyone know if episode five is still coming out and when it comes out.

• edited February 2016

Not necessarily needing to be rated. Some games have just been rated 1 - 2 weeks after its release.
    Would you expect keeping your clients waiting another 1 - 3 weeks after you've tested and finished the episode?
    I mean some would but to put it into this context kids can't wait forever....

Also I do not believe its going to be released next Tuesday (1 MARCH 2016) but I do think we'll receive some news I mean they haven't really given us to work on.
    Anyways yeah
    no need to argue with ya :P Just debating by the way

SPOILER:
    THE EPISODE IS ABOUT SQUARES BECAUSE OF THIS GUYS TWITTER POST XD

That's not the case; the tweets mean they are still working on the episode, and beta testing doesn't happen that fast. We still need to wait for a few more things to happen before we are sure the episode comes out soon, such as episode ratings.

• I can because the episodes are all about squares
    (jk) lol

• Also they need to write the brand new season or well episode.

Expect a release in March

NorthStars posted: »

Why is this episode later then any of the others? Is it longer or did they just now (as in recently) just start working on it?

• maybe the reason why they delayed episode 5 is bug&crash fixing for all episode, and also bug&crash fixing for their season pass

If I were everyone else I would expect a release on the 8 March 2016 or 13 March 2016. Remember they said it was going to be early 2016 wh

• I expect it to be 8th march

Expect a release between the 1st of March and the 20 March 2016. I know its a big time frame but just deal with it -.-

• they started in 1/19 and today is 2/27 so they are more late then other release dates but oldmantigermask is most likely right 8th march it the target

maybe the reason why they delayed episode 5 is bug&crash fixing for all episode, and also bug&crash fixing for their season pass

• the episode is censored LOL

• yeah because before episode 4 ends it says the adventure of the new order of the stone continues

This episode feels intriguing. Technically Episode 4 is the final episode because it concludes the Wither Storm arc, so what happens after? We know almost nothing except that it will be about the gang's adventure as The New Order of the Stone.

• {protests AND chants with a crowd} TELL US TELL US TELL US WE WANT EPISODE FIVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEE

stirpicus posted: »

Haha, bingo! I'm no official source for news.

• whats that got to do with episode 5

No way the 8th. The division comes out That day

• maybe 10000 BBC

Or on 3732492.28374937.2864444438227766554532992

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Not necessarily needing to be rated. Some games have just been rated 1 - 2 weeks after its release. Would you expect keeping your clients waiting another 1 - 3 weeks after you've tested and finished the episode? I mean some would but to put it into this context kids can't wait forever....

The part i highlighted may be the case for some companies but it is not the case for Telltale, i personally have been using websites like the Australian classification board to get a rough idea of when their episodes might release since the release of TWD Season 2 episode 1 and every single episode (25 episodes) have been rated 2 weeks before release apart from 2 episodes (TWD season 2 episode 5 was rated 1 week before release and TWAU episode 2 was rated 26 days before release).

Companies like Sony and Microsoft are very strict when it comes to rating so no rating = no release, once the episode does get rated Telltale will start posting things like screenshots and trailers so keep an eye on the New Zealand Office of Film and Literature Classification or the Australia classification board to see when it gets rated.

Not necessarily needing to be rated. Some games have just been rated 1 - 2 weeks after its release. Would you expect keeping your clients w

• Oh yeah i... SAY WHUT? NEVER!

enter image description here

I think Lukas and Petra is more possible to happen •_•

• Ok ok then Jesse and Petra will be more possible then...

guyalf1 posted: »

Oh yeah i... SAY WHUT? NEVER!

• [removed]

• edited February 2016

Just because this is the last episode, doesn't mean the series will end. Who knows, there might be a Season 2. Even though im not quite sure there will be a season 2, it might still be possible.

• ender dragon was not stuck in command block

Fardanf posted: »

Ender Dragon stuck in command block + command block destroyed = Ender dragon is free

• maybe soren will want to be a real hero and he will reunite the order of the stone and bring the ender dragon back to actually fight it

MimoDX2 posted: »

Only time will tell, but it's not impossible

• 99.99% Possibility. The rest is impossibility.

Smellmeh posted: »

Just because this is the last episode, doesn't mean the series will end. Who knows, there might be a Season 2. Even though im not quite sure there will be a season 2, it might still be possible.

• edited February 2016
  • Nice bait mate... Now plz go complain on another forum you actually like plz and leave MC:SM for the actual fans... Saying things like that on a forum specifically designed for the game itself is asking for trouble... Now let me do you a favor... I'm taking that opinion of yours and throwing it where it belongs... Slam dunks it into the trash bin... Enjoy the rest of your day John...

J0HN_L0CKE posted: »

Gotta say, Minecraft Story Mode has been their worst effort yet. It's pretty meh at best. I just want ep 5 to come out so I can finish it and be done with the thing.

• @Llyann @literalpumpkin @RealEricStirpe Jealous. I'm stuck working on some zombie game. Actually come to think of it so are you.

Oh damn. That's either a burn or something spooky's going to happen in the finale.

They don't seem to be done just yet based on the 2nd tweet, but they are making progress so it's something!

https://twitter.com/stephenjmcmanus/status/687833459276955648 Seems likely their designer has done his work for mc sm. EDIT: https://twitter.com/Llyann/status/702696802357633024 Bruh.

• Actually technically the weapon you crafted is the command block in a way... So... Your character is pretty much notch now... If you wanna get technical... They can in fact summon the ender dragon back... They can revive Reuben... But they won't revive Reuben... Least I don't think so... But the ender dragon is a possibility...

MimoDX2 posted: »

It can only happen if Telltale don't completely respect the Minecraft rules and make the dragon egg hatch, since the command block would be the only way to /summon EnderDragon.

• Or maybe never at all... Least that's what it feels like... However if they pan on keeping there "early 2016" promise then they'll need to have it out by the 15th... Any date later is jut trolling gamers... Which were already probably feeling a bit trolled... But eh... It's telltale... What can you do...

I would think so too, but the episode has not been rated by ratings boards yet (which usually indicates the episode is around two weeks away). I would predict a March 8th release, or maybe a March 15th release.

• @jacamero66 Keep an eye on the @telltalegames Twitter account - they'll have the official news when it's announced!

The "when it's announced" sentence.

@Llyann @literalpumpkin @RealEricStirpe Jealous. I'm stuck working on some zombie game. Actually come to think of it so are you. Oh

• edited February 2016

I am a new guy to this feed, and I have a couple theories on Episode 5 myself, but I want to know other fan theories, like I overheard that the episode will be about a certain zombie pig man who is attached to Jessie in the Nether (this certain theory is mixed in reality and possibility). Any other ones? I want the spark alive!

• Have you seen the new title to this thread?

"mild teasing from stirpicus on twitter"

Give us some more info stirpicus! We're all tired of waiting!

• Stirpicus is a writer, not a PR team member or a community manager - I don't imagine he is the person who would be allowed to give extensive details on the episode. The people who give the juicy details on when we can expect an episode is close to releasing are staff members like Kenjisalk, Puzzlebox, or Job Stauffer. There is a reason the hints on how the episode is coming have otherwise been so vague.

Cuwwa posted: »

Have you seen the new title to this thread? "mild teasing from stirpicus on twitter" Give us some more info stirpicus! We're all tired of waiting!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.