Episode 5 Waiting Thread -Releasing March 29th across all platforms, Key art and screenshots on Blog

Comments

• Thanks for the heads up! I updated the main post with these new tweets.

GSSalvador posted: »

I think it's related to Episode 5 enter link description here And this, too enter link description here

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited February 2016

With the episode soon being sent off for ratings, there is typically a 2-3 week gap between the episode being rated by rating boards and then publicly released.

I would predict a March 15th release for Minecraft: Story Mode - Episode 5, followed shortly after with the release of The Walking Dead: Michonne - Episode 2 on either the 22nd or 29th. However, please note Moderators are not Telltale staff members with inside info - this is just my personal prediction from past experience.

• italic textWith the Telltale team getting back from break around the middle of January, a rough estimate, the 19th, you have to look at the statistics prior to now. It usually takes 3 weeks to two months to make an episode, again, rough estimate. With the 19th in place, and the knowledge of that it is the final episode, which leads to about a month, maybe a month in a half, plus the hype for 1.9, that might add about two weeks, which all adds up to April 3rd. This is a long shot estimate, and this is the solution to the worst case scenario. The best case scenario is the 19th, plus a few weeks, with a couple weeks for clearing of hype for the 1.9, this would give way for the release date to be in the midst of the range of the 14th to the 28th. And, to add, I think this episode will be about the new adventures of the new order of the stone, obviously... maybe they completely forget about the others, or they come back and search for them... Soren was the leader of the order, and he was a coward... maybe he takes another stand? Or they find, or fix, the prior episodes' conflicts. Is it possible?

• I think the episode will come out either on April 3rd or between March 14th through the 28th due to the following reasons:
    -Each prior episode had a release date of 3 weeks to one and a half months. Usually the first. With this, you add that to the 19th, the estimated time Telltale went back to work, along with the clearing of the 1.9 hype, around a couple weeks, this gets you, with one month estimate, around April 3rd. This is the worst possible way. If it went the other way, three weeks with the 19th, a week with the hype clearing, this gives the range to be the 14th through the 28th.

With the other theories involved... I think the last episode will involve every single character, alive or dead, to conclude the series. Just think, Ivor has all those potions, and Petra says he has every potion except an amnesia one. This could be over-exaggerated, but think about it... it could work.

• Seems like Episode 5 will be the best one, many Telltale Staff are saying only good things about it, different from the other episodes which they threated like a typical episode.

Also, i never thought someone saying on news (of Twitter) would say something so techinical, "I just played our latest episode which is just about to go to ratings and it’s looking sweet!"

• Uhm dude, there are news above you, the episode is about to be rated so it's releasing at probably 8th or 15th march.

• The 8th is too early; I'm guessing closer to the 15th or 22nd.

MimoDX2 posted: »

Uhm dude, there are news above you, the episode is about to be rated so it's releasing at probably 8th or 15th march.

• The demo must be finished so Im guessing next next tuesday

• It won't be that early. It will be closer to the 15th/22nd if past trends are any indication, and Telltale would've hinted more about the game coming out at this point.

NorthStars posted: »

The demo must be finished so Im guessing next next tuesday

• He was sarcastic?

I try thanks.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator
    edited February 2016

It's cool to see it's about to be sent for rating and hopefully it won't be too much longer, i have seen some speculation about March 15 but i think it might be a bit early as there is a gap between submission and the episode being rated (up to 20 days according to the Australian classification board unless Telltale pay for "Priority Processing Fee" which reduces it to 5 working days), if they do submit it within this week along with the 5 day PPF then i think March 22-29th is more likely or possibly into early April.

Edit: Kevin's tweet could also be about Michonne as they are starting to get episode 2 things ready on the Steam database so we should keep an eye out for both games.

• No, it's exactly the same. The ender dragon won't come back and I if Im honest I don't want him to be back. We need some fresh enemies (not herobrine) :P

Sean6150 posted: »

the command block is different from the one on minecraft

• Just found something else, it's not so much news but Jonathan Stauder said this "@stirpicus It helps that this is easily the funniest episode yet. I've never heard so much laughing (in a good way) during a review."

get ready to laugh!

• Hey guys do you know when you have an experience that you keep talking about for the rest of your life?

• edited February 2016

Hmm maybe we will maybe we won't but everyone like a good laugh

• Like when axel keeps falling on Lukas

Hmm maybe we will maybe we won't but everyone like a good laugh

• Everyone knows well be fighting the dragon

• A command block in Minecraft can summon entities kill them and give items and a lot of other stuff you can't attualy control mobs the command block will not turn on you

SpirosKarv posted: »

No, it's exactly the same. The ender dragon won't come back and I if Im honest I don't want him to be back. We need some fresh enemies (not herobrine) :P

• I hope so

I don`t know that.

• Guys! I've just thought...

When I found this tweet I didn't think much of it

"@stirpicus It helps that this is easily the funniest episode yet. I've never heard so much laughing (in a good way) during a review."

But I've just realised this means the review has been done!

• Just think about it

Cuwwa posted: »

I hope so

• they said that they are playing it though so it must be the alpha version

It won't be that early. It will be closer to the 15th/22nd if past trends are any indication, and Telltale would've hinted more about the game coming out at this point.

• Actually, with a lot of coding, you can make mobs obey you ;)

Sean6150 posted: »

A command block in Minecraft can summon entities kill them and give items and a lot of other stuff you can't attualy control mobs the command block will not turn on you

• No, I believe we won't.

Tylerg823 posted: »

Just think about it

• What review?

Guys! I've just thought... When I found this tweet I didn't think much of it "@stirpicus It helps that this is easily the funniest epi

• Review = ratings

What else could it be?

What review?

edited March 2016

I'm thinking they meant their own internal review of an episode with staff, as opposed to the ratings review where an episode is sent to different ratings boards for various regions to determine the appropriate age ratings. With game ratings, I think they typically just sent assets such as art, videos, gameplay footage, etc to a ratings board, in which Telltale staff would not need to be present. Meanwhile, Telltale staff will usually review an episode with themselves internally prior to shipping it.

Review = ratings What else could it be?

• Weird I wonder what eric meant by the other way will haunt my nightmares, did they make the episode two ways? and it sounds like this episode is going different directions

Guys! I've just thought... When I found this tweet I didn't think much of it "@stirpicus It helps that this is easily the funniest epi

• Most Telltale seasons usually split a few different directors and writers between different episodes of each Season, so that isn't really anything new.

NorthStars posted: »

Weird I wonder what eric meant by the other way will haunt my nightmares, did they make the episode two ways? and it sounds like this episode is going different directions

• Yeah, Michonne Episode 2 was definitely my second guess. I originally figured that Minecraft was the more likely candidate since I assumed that Michonne was likely due closer towards the end of the month whereas Minecraft would probably be towards the middle, but since you pointed out Michonne Ep 2 is up on SteamDB, that's honestly a bit of a curveball.

OzzyUK posted: »

It's cool to see it's about to be sent for rating and hopefully it won't be too much longer, i have seen some speculation about March 15 but

• He probably just meant he'd rather see people laugh than cry.

Most Telltale seasons usually split a few different directors and writers between different episodes of each Season, so that isn't really anything new.

edited March 2016

Ohhh, I see what's going on; I misinterpreted what @NorthStars was asking but now I get it;

Basically, Eric was just making a joke; all he meant was that he was relieved people liked the episode and laughed at it because it was funny, as opposed to mocking it with "bad laughter" which would give him nightmares. You know how some people joke about having bad dreams where they wake up in school/college/work/wherever in their underwear and people laugh at them? I think he was making that same kind of joke, except that he was glad people liked the episode and they weren't mockingly laughing at his episode because they thought it was bad.

This has been joke over analysis 101, with your host Blind Sniper!

He probably just meant he'd rather see people laugh than cry.

• that makes more sense, I read it quickly so it sounded weird at first but they still said it was going to be a funny episode.

He probably just meant he'd rather see people laugh than cry.

• stirpicusstirpicus Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2016

Blind Sniper is a winner! Mr. Hardwick, tell him what he's won!

(that means Blind Sniper was right)

Ohhh, I see what's going on; I misinterpreted what @NorthStars was asking but now I get it; Basically, Eric was just making a joke; all h

• Has episode 5 been rated yet?

• Yes and no. It's been sent for ratings (i think) so it probably will be by the end of this week

Has episode 5 been rated yet?

• But it's possible that they are talking about Michonne.

Yes and no. It's been sent for ratings (i think) so it probably will be by the end of this week

edited March 2016

That is entirely true. I'm personally predicting Minecraft, but it could go either way. We'll have to see.

EDIT: Posted the wrong game, meant I was predicting Minecraft

But it's possible that they are talking about Michonne.

• So I was thinking about what would probably happen in episode 5 and I have made up situations that are impossible to happen in it ._.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.