Episode 5 Waiting Thread -Releasing March 29th across all platforms, Key art and screenshots on Blog

Comments

• With Michonne Ep2 being released on March 29th, I'm assuming Telltale are gonna drop a surprise release or something for the finale of this series. It's confirmed to be out the end of the this month, and other than the 29th tomorrow seems like the only viable day.

But then again, we haven't had no images, no trailer, or anything. Unless its spoilery or something

• Wait... The future of the series... What does that mean 0__o

• Hints like that usually mean either a Season 2 or a DLC Episode/Mini series, but let's not jump to conclusions yet. Nevertheless, I'm pretty surprised Telltale chose to potentially make more Minecraft if that does indeed happen to be the case.

Wait... The future of the series... What does that mean 0__o

• edited March 2016

Future series? Please tell me is just a new game. I like MCSM but I don't want a Season 2.

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited March 2016

Coming from someone who was interested in Season 1 and did not hate the game like some people did, even I think the idea of more Minecraft from Telltale is kinda odd. Again, just to clarify - I don't dislike Minecraft: Story Mode (nor do I dislike the idea of Telltale games that are not mature), but I think it would be more neat and interesting for Telltale to focus on traditional story universes. But, that's just my two cents.

Like, there are plenty of family friendly franchises Telltale could make work, and similarly to how modern Telltale fans underestimated Telltale's potential for comedy with Borderlands, I think that people are currently still underestimating Telltale's potential for great family friendly games in general (see Sam and Max, Wallace and Gromit, Monkey Island, etc), but I'd personally like to see Telltale work with a franchise that has more story to it if they want to plan for more that one Season worth of games.

AronDracula posted: »

Future series? Please tell me is just a new game. I like MCSM but I don't want a Season 2.

• Gotta be about a release date. Finally. And a possible S2? O.k. sounds good. News all around.

• Well that is a surprise. I look forward to the news tomorrow. :)

• edited March 2016

I'm a bit surprised their going with a Season 2 (maybe?) and like everyone else I would prefer a second season of TFTBL or Wolf, but I enjoyed Story Mode quite a bit, so let's see what this last episode brings before shutting down the idea of a Season 2.

• Great, there's a possible second season for this game but nothing for TFTBL/TWAU. While I do like the game, I don't think it warrants nor deserves a second season.

Welp Season 2 confirmed...

• I think telltale might add an extra dlc episode like with TWD season 1. I don't really see a season 2. To be honest I'd rather have TFTBL season 2 so yeah I think dlc episode is coming.

• Telltale usually signs on for multiple Seasons of large franchises they think will be very successful. In the past, this included Walking Dead and Game of Thrones. I wasn't expecting Minecraft due to how niche of a concept it was to make a story based game on Minecraft, but given Telltale's history, it would not be surprising if they did create more episodes.

Creeper1846 posted: »

I think telltale might add an extra dlc episode like with TWD season 1. I don't really see a season 2. To be honest I'd rather have TFTBL season 2 so yeah I think dlc episode is coming.

• If there's really going to be a Season 2, even though it is odd it actually makes a bit of sense, because since their latest IPS are M rated games, then making a S2 for a game which's audience is younger is a good step. But i won't jump to conclusions, maybe it's just a DLC (which is basically the same thing as a S2).

edited March 2016

Well, there are other franchises Telltale could work with if they wanted to tell a family friendly story in more than one Season. I think there could be strong potential for a family friendly game with more than one Season (since Telltale made lots of E/T rated games prior to Walking Dead), but I'd personally speaking rather see them focus on multiple Seasons for franchises that weren't as niche for a story based game as Minecraft.

MimoDX2 posted: »

If there's really going to be a Season 2, even though it is odd it actually makes a bit of sense, because since their latest IPS are M rated

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I'm not sure if it will be a full season 2 as they didn't mention anything about a multi year deal in their press release (unless they signed another contract since the announcement) but it could be possible for some DLC or a mini series.

I'm a bit surprised their going with a Season 2 (maybe?) and like everyone else I would prefer a second season of TFTBL or Wolf, but I enjoy

• If Telltale really wanted to mess with people and be cruel, they could have saved the announcement for April 1st. :P

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

I still feel like Minecraft: Story Mode should have been announced on April 1st along with another far fetched game and then reveal that one of them was indeed in production.

If Telltale really wanted to mess with people and be cruel, they could have saved the announcement for April 1st. :P

• Cheetos

#NeverForget

dojo32161 posted: »

I still feel like Minecraft: Story Mode should have been announced on April 1st along with another far fetched game and then reveal that one of them was indeed in production.

• edited March 2016

Potential Season 2, eh?

Welp, I should probably prepare myself for the incoming shitstorm.

• Believe you me, I'm preparing too as a mod.

Pipas posted: »

Potential Season 2, eh? Welp, I should probably prepare myself for the incoming shitstorm.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I am also preparing myself :P

Believe you me, I'm preparing too as a mod.

• Preparing, I am too.

OzzyUK posted: »

I am also preparing myself :P

• Chill guys, its Minecraft Story Mode Pinball.

• Order of the Stone: 400 Days

Poogers555 posted: »

Chill guys, its Minecraft Story Mode Pinball.

• Moderators, assemble!

Mods assemble!

Preparing, I am too.

• The news will appear tomorrow on Steam too almost at the same time?'cause that is where I check first.

• I think the Steam news usually comes later. Telltale's Twitter is usually the first place to get news, or if not, than the blog. We're also pretty good at updating/posting threads pretty fast, so I'd recommend following Telltale on the web for the first/earliest glimpse at the news instead of Steam.

Chris06 posted: »

The news will appear tomorrow on Steam too almost at the same time?'cause that is where I check first.

• I usually check on steam because it is only one click away,but I will consider doing that.I am busy until 8 PST,so it might come away even before I finish.

I think the Steam news usually comes later. Telltale's Twitter is usually the first place to get news, or if not, than the blog. We're also

• Can't wait for tomorrow's big news! Trusting that you moderators will be the first to inform me , as always , just like this afternoon, when I turned on my iPad and my thoughts were: "say waaaaaaaaa?!?!"

HYPE

• One upside to this is that I can be lazy and keep Minecraft: Story Mode on my avatar for longer, instead of removing it once Season 1 ended.

• A role model all mods should follow.

One upside to this is that I can be lazy and keep Minecraft: Story Mode on my avatar for longer, instead of removing it once Season 1 ended.

• JenniferJennifer Moderator

Get the ban hammer ready!

http://www.lolzgif.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Avengers-blooper-Thor-drops-hammer.gif

Moderators, assemble!

• So THAT'S WHY IT'S TAKING SO LONG!!! They've been writing more episodes/ planning more episodes.

• Perhaps I guess besides Minecraft Story mode I realised took over 6 months in the working to even release Episode 1.
    So, even if we were to get Season 2 it'd be around September/October just like Season 1.

Also I saw in the comments of that twitter post its just like "THE WOLF AMONG US SEASON 2 PLEASE?!?!?!?!!! , GAME OF THRONES SEASON 2 NOWW!!!! and WALKING DEAD SEASON 3!!! !!!!! !!"
    Thats a long list of Game Series...

I'm a bit surprised their going with a Season 2 (maybe?) and like everyone else I would prefer a second season of TFTBL or Wolf, but I enjoy

• ᴵ ᵐᶦˢˢ ᶜʳᵒʷᵈ ᶜᵒᶰᵗʳᵒᶫ ᴮᶦᵍᵇʸ ﹔⁻﹔

One upside to this is that I can be lazy and keep Minecraft: Story Mode on my avatar for longer, instead of removing it once Season 1 ended.

• hhhehhhh

#NeverForget

• not so sure

Pipas posted: »

Potential Season 2, eh? Welp, I should probably prepare myself for the incoming shitstorm.

edited March 2016

The Crowd Control Bigby avatar might come back tomorrow if people act rowdy.

Or, maybe I'll take the guy in my current avatar and give him a top hat, monocles, and a cigar. (Why? Because he wants to look fancy for the new game announcement of course!)

Poogers555 posted: »

ᴵ ᵐᶦˢˢ ᶜʳᵒʷᵈ ᶜᵒᶰᵗʳᵒᶫ ᴮᶦᵍᵇʸ ﹔⁻﹔

• Thats what has me puzzled.... Michonne Releasing on the 29th MARCH... And it would be very unusual that a Season Final releases on a same day as Michonne but then again there's always a possibility.

*Release Date announcement coming on Tuesday, you mean. The episode may or may not come out on Tuesday, but the release date itself was not confirmed. All we know is that we most likely find out when the episode does come out on Tuesday.

• Thursdays are a possibility because its been a very popular day for trailers.
    I think there is way too many game series to manage for Telltale they've squished TWD or Michonne and MCSM (Minecraft: Story mode)

Episodes very rarely if ever premiere after Tuesdays with the schedule Telltale has established for the last few years. I strongly doubt so.

• Because a season finale on the same day as Michonne..... Ummm

Flog61 posted: »

I think it's possible. They released Faith on a Friday (maybe Thurday..) if I remember correctly. And I can see them wanting to avoid releasing two episodes on the same day.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.