Gird your loins! (Neverhood News!)

edited March 2007 in General Chat
Doug TenNapel has recently revealed that he wants to do a movie based on the classic adventure game, The Neverhood Chronicles! :D :D

I don't know about you guys, but this has just made a terrible day fantastic for me!

Comments

• JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2007
    Maybe it'll have people calling those they don't agree with "Demotards," like TenNapel does in his blog.
  • edited March 2007
    Dont get your hopes up too much since wanting a movie to be made is different than having the movie being made. A lot of game and comic properties were talked about being adapted into the big screen but never did. for example, Duke nukem, space quest 1, green hornet, wonder woman, sub mariner, etc.. However, those that eventually do get made takes around a decade like Doom and Alone in the Dark.
  • ShauntronShauntron Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2007
    Oh Doug. I've never had such contrasting feelings about a person's work and the person himself.

edit: PS Jake, thanks for the goon invite

ninja edit from THE FUTURE: Having actually worked with Doug on a film project since this post, I must say he is extremely nice and smart dude and takes good care of everyone around him. The blog is his angry place, and didn't belittle me for being mister liberal dude in-person.
  • edited March 2007
    Shauntron wrote: »
    Oh Doug. I've never had such contrasting feelings about a person's work and the person himself.

That confused me for a second :)
  • edited March 2007
    Shauntron wrote: »

I agree completely. I worship him for bringing us The Neverhood, but he comes off as a very "high and mighty, better than thou" religious type...
    Dont get your hopes up too much since wanting a movie to be made is different than having the movie being made. A lot of game and comic properties were talked about being adapted into the big screen but never did. for example, Duke nukem, space quest 1, green hornet, wonder woman, sub mariner, etc.. However, those that eventually do get made takes around a decade like Doom and Alone in the Dark.

I hope this doesn't go the way of the Duke Nukem film... all the way up to announcing release dates and having ads in magazines, then the next thing you know.... boom, cancelled. The other bad part is, if the movie is in stop motion, (and it better be), we probably won't even see a teaser trailer until late '09 early '10.

EDIT: Also, they had better keep Uwe Boll far far away from this.
  • edited March 2007
    ShaggE wrote: »

I hope this doesn't go the way of the Duke Nukem film... all the way up to announcing release dates and having ads in magazines, then the next thing you know.... boom, cancelled. The other bad part is, if the movie is in stop motion, (and it better be), we probably won't even see a teaser trailer until late '09 early '10.

Don't forget Paul Anderson. He ruined Resident Evil and most likey Dead Or Alive(he didn't direct the film, but produced it) Speakin of DOA, it hasn't hit the US even though it is now on DVD in Europe. I seen it and it was meh.. "Hi tech sun glasses my ass!!' LOL
  • edited March 2007
    ShaggE wrote: »

We'll have to nuke him from orbit. It's the only way to be sure. ;) :cool:
Sign in to comment in this discussion.