Life Is Strange - True Colors Out Now, Bonus Episode "Wavelengths" September 30th

Comments

• If I had a busy day I start my xbox go to my games and start Life is Strange and simply listen the Main menu. Just to relax.

enter link description here

• ...or you can use that Video in your post.

If I had a busy day I start my xbox go to my games and start Life is Strange and simply listen the Main menu. Just to relax. enter link description here

• edited March 2016

I wish that this was the route they took for the game but yeah, not enough time and money so they had to cut a lot of the content. I heard there was supposedly going to be multiple endings where one was Max accomplishing her dream as a photographer in San Francisco but leaving both Arcadia Bay and Chloe to die. "Supposedly"

Another would be "Self-Sacrifice" but that doesn't make a whole lot of sense since the universe will still try to kill Chloe no matter what.

enter link description here

• From watching the devs interviews and everything else involved. Those rumors are simply not true and sure when they came up with the game at first.They bounced around a lot of ideas prior to the production but that is different then when they came down to it and actually got the final piece.

kurishioo posted: »

I wish that this was the route they took for the game but yeah, not enough time and money so they had to cut a lot of the content. I heard t

• Here's a little easter egg that I've never realized until someone pointed out to me.

If you recall, telltale made Back to the Future: The Game in 2010-2011, and in Ep. 3 of the game is an alternate Hill Valley where Marty McFly's girlfriend is a rebel and her dad is a cop that looks exactly like David Madsen.

enter image description here

enter image description here Mind Blown

• edited April 2016

Okay, so I haven't been on this thread since playing the finale last year, but I just thought of something. The game would have been so much better if the game just focused on The dark room and nothing else. The build up to the storm was neat (snow, eclipse, whales washed on shore, double moon) but the actual pay off ruined what could have been a satisfying series. Episodes 1-4 were great in how they focused on the people around Max and less on the actual storm, especially episode 4 which solved the mystery of Rachel Amber and got us even closer to the dark room's true nature, and episode 5 set things up so well...Until Max gets the phone call from Chloe at the gallery. Literally that's when the game starts falling apart for me because of the fucking storm throwing in bullshit and causing a huge cluster fuck of timelines, which just sucks. If the series avoided the storm concept we would have had a much shorter finale, but a more satisfying and complete game. Just my two cents...MONTHS later.

• I liked the time storm and I thought I worked well for the finale because it was brought on entirely by the time travel, I think time travel probably would have an adverse effect on the environment. I thought earlier in the game maxs obsession with rachel was creepy she kept bringing her up in conversation with random people, the dark room was dark and sketchy as fuck and I loved it, more would of been good, I was expecting it to be a larger deeper conspiracy than it was

Okay, so I haven't been on this thread since playing the finale last year, but I just thought of something. The game would have been so much

• Thread: Life Is Strange wins Facebook and Peabody's inaugural Futures of Media Award

Life is Strange is among five winners of the first-ever Futures of Media Award, chosen by students at University of Georgia and co-sponsored by Peabody and Facebook. The prize honors "excellence and innovation in digital storytelling," according to a press release, with Life is Strange the only video game included in the diverse group.

Dontnod Entertainment and Square Enix's episodic game was recognized by the collegiate Peabody Fellows for being "a non-linear [video game] that combines and subverts classic genres while challenging how [video game] narratives are told." One of our Game of the Year 2015 picks, Life is Strange has since also been used as a vehicle for anti-bullying campaigns and other socially minded endeavors.

Life is Strange is joined by other, more political projects, like a comedic web series about discrimination against Muslims and a multimedia exploration of the Black Lives Matter movement in Ferguson, Missouri. Regardless, all award winners "demonstrate some of the possibilities to leverage new technologies," Facebook's Andy Mitchell said.

Facebook will partner with Peabody to stream the awards ceremony on May 21 over Facebook Live. A pre-ceremony luncheon for the winners will also be streamed on May 20.

The inaugural Futures of Media Award is separate from the Peabody Awards, an annual prize that also celebrates innovative creative works. Recipients this year include TV favorites like Jessica Jones and Master of None.

Source: I'm one of the sources that you need but there are others you could have found

• Quite likely but it supposedly will have a new cast.

• Yes, but a whole new cast.

• Vampyr is coming out first so we're in for a long wait.

• They'll probably working on Both at the Same Time.

Vampyr is coming out first so we're in for a long wait.

• Don't think their staff is big enough for that. I suppose they could have a skeleton crew work on some things such as the story or script, but Vampyr is their biggest undertaking so far, seeing as it's an open world ARPG where choices (wether they be combat related or story/Side quest related) are supposed to have an effect on the game world. It's also coming out some time in 2017 (for now, it could wind up being delayed into 2018), around 2 years after its inital announcment. LIS1 was also in the dvelopment for a bit more than 2 years. Assuming the sequel has the same development time as 1, and if it goes into full production only when Vampyr is out, it'd only come out in either 2019 or 2020.

GSSalvador posted: »

They'll probably working on Both at the Same Time.

• DONTNOD actually has seperate teams, like Telltale.

During the near-end of LiS, Vampyr was already in the works. As far as I know, they only have two teams but I could be wrong. I'm guessing we'll get news on the sequel by next year.

MichaelBP posted: »

Don't think their staff is big enough for that. I suppose they could have a skeleton crew work on some things such as the story or script, b

• Since this thread is back alive again, here we can see Max and Chloe's beta models during development of Episode 1.

• Those beta models...

Since this thread is back alive again, here we can see Max and Chloe's beta models during development of Episode 1.

• They aren't the best, but it does give you the idea of what the game was going for (to what it is now).

Those beta models...

• Max looks high af

Since this thread is back alive again, here we can see Max and Chloe's beta models during development of Episode 1.

• Uh, didn't know that Apparently, when LIS was nearing its end, it already had 60 people working on it. The game was already in pre production in 2014. Still, I could see them have a smaller team work on something else in the meantime. According to Linkedin they have 51-200 employees.

Still, maybe we are getting ahead of ourselves forassuming they even are working on an LIS2, considering it's also up to Square Enix. They wanted to make Remember Me 2, but that likely won't happen, considering the first bombed, and if Capcom can't even fund Street Fighter 5 on their own, no way will they fund a much less popular IP.

DONTNOD actually has seperate teams, like Telltale. During the near-end of LiS, Vampyr was already in the works. As far as I know, they only have two teams but I could be wrong. I'm guessing we'll get news on the sequel by next year.

• From what I read because of Capcom they had to cut nearly 50% of the game and what they envisioned.

Also Square Enix is publishing LIS and they seem to be really all for it. They did a bunch of stuff centered around LIS and most likely have more planned.

Going back to Capcom..I don't get why they are fucking their own games. Remember Me had so much potential..I would like if they can somehow just do a reboot with all they had planned.

Uh, didn't know that Apparently, when LIS was nearing its end, it already had 60 people working on it. The game was already in pre productio

• Well, I'm not sure about which state they are in financially, but maybe Capcom doesn't have too much money to throw around these days? If SF5 was only made because Sony offered to fund it, it gives me the impression they aren't doing too well? SF5 already sold 1.4 million copies, whereas SF4 sold 3.4 million in its entire lifetime. In regards to Remember Me, a real shame that so much of it was left in the cutting room floor. Dontnod seems to be more interested in a sequel rather than a reboot, as they talked about having the story writen over a year ago. The problem is Capcom not likely wanting to fund it, considering the first game bombed, getting an above average critical reception and poor sales (thanks to the lack of marketing, imo), and because of that, they'd likely have a hard time finding another publisher (they already had trouble getting the first one published due to Nilin being a woman).

Remember Me had a bigger budget than LIS, I think. There is no official data for the budget, but visually, Remember Me kinda blows LIS out of the water, especially on PC (LIS's art direction is as great RM, imo, but in a different way), whcih likely added to the budget, and Dontnod talked about wanting to make AAA games around the time. The game also had a troubled development cycle, starting development way back in 2008. then at some point they partnered up with Sony, but the partnership would fall through and eventually they eneded up with Capcom, the only one willing to fund it, as other publishers rejected it because, again, the protagoinist/player character was a woman. In the end, after 5 years in development, RM only sold around 300k copies. And now, it seems like Dontnod has given up going for AAA budget games, and would rather develop games with smaller budgets.

Hopefully the LIS was profitable enough for SE to greenlight the sequel.

From what I read because of Capcom they had to cut nearly 50% of the game and what they envisioned. Also Square Enix is publishing LIS an

• Yep, I remember playing RM and feeling like it was just missing a bunch of shit. Come to find out that they were forced to get rid of a lot of things concerning the game. I think I even read the combat was suppose to be better but the cuts limited that also.They do have Vampyr happening which looks fantastic. DONTNOD does a great job with the environments and world building(did I say the same thing?).

It is rather depressing to see how a shit ton of publishers turn down games because of female protagonist.

Well, I'm not sure about which state they are in financially, but maybe Capcom doesn't have too much money to throw around these days? If SF

• Actually they aren't beta. Lol, you're confusing out stuff. They're prototype models. Not even alpha or beta.

• Who revived this?

• ClementineTheGirl. Why? You're gonna use caps lock on them until they learn their lesson?

AronDracula posted: »

Who revived this?

• edited July 2016

Why would I? This thread is just.......old.

ClementineTheGirl. Why? You're gonna use caps lock on them until they learn their lesson?

• edited July 2016

I think Life is Strange has been such a financial success to them that they have expanded their teams.

Mere speculation of course.

Don't think their staff is big enough for that. I suppose they could have a skeleton crew work on some things such as the story or script, b

• OH MY GOD, THAT MADE ME LAUGH SO MUCH. :'D

I JUST CAN'T, HOLY SHIT. XD

You got an upvote from me for making me laugh, fam. :^)

ClementineTheGirl. Why? You're gonna use caps lock on them until they learn their lesson?

• edited July 2016

There are so many good sequel and prequel character possibilities that are related to existing story without actually needing to show Max in them.

Rachel Amber (This one is quite obvious, might have been one who got rewind powers before Max)
    Chloe (After Max "leaves" her up until the toilet room or some such)
    Sean Prescott (Play as wealth hungry bad guy who could also have powers and give new insight what might have actually caused all those problems that Max observed)
    Jefferson (I doubt he was killing people during most of his career, something must have happened to him)

And this barely even scratches the surface.

• LMFAO nice one

• Because you do it a lot more than you realize

Yeah lots of threads are old but that doesn't mean its useless. Just cause you have nothing to contribute to it doesn't mean others don't have stuff to contribute.

• i love you and your comments

Flog61 posted: »

Max looks high af

• Well this is the main thread of a major game, so I think this one can slide past the necrobump rule

• edited July 2016

Didn't Michel (the actual developer himself) revealed that if they're gonna do a S2 they will make Rachel's brother a protagonist? That's what I've seen in his old tweets.

EDIT: I can't find it anymore. But I am not lying.

Clord posted: »

There are so many good sequel and prequel character possibilities that are related to existing story without actually needing to show Max in

• Dosen't everyone do that at least once in a while?

Because you do it a lot more than you realize Yeah lots of threads are old but that doesn't mean its useless. Just cause you have nothing to contribute to it doesn't mean others don't have stuff to contribute.

• enter image description here

• I would love to play as Chloe but it would be "hella" weird to play life is strange without the rewind power

Clord posted: »

There are so many good sequel and prequel character possibilities that are related to existing story without actually needing to show Max in

• So...Episode 1 is now free, I've got nothing to lose but my time.

Recommend?

• Yes

So...Episode 1 is now free, I've got nothing to lose but my time. Recommend?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.