The Vent/Help Thread

Comments

• A pun. A joke.

Oh you know huh?

• So a black person was just killed by a white cop, and now people are trying to start more Ferguson-style riots. People can't even wait for the facts to come in before getting in uproar.

• Being mildly autistic, I find it hard to last in social situations for longer than like, five minutes. It frustrates me how I can't always help that, and I try so hard to fight it just to seem normal.

In high school, I did surprisingly well for myself. It felt like a slow rise to power. I had an abundance of friends, was in an extra curricular activity that I enjoyed a lot which birthed a lot of good friendships, etc.

But now that I've graduated recently I'm back to square one and it really blows. All "omg are you fucking autistic" jokes aside, autism is mental Hell and I have to work twice as hard just to be on par with everyone else...

• HOLY.... Okay buddy I think you and I were friends with the same person. Every single thing you said described my EX best friend.

What's her name?

I've had just about enough. I'm seriously thinking of letting go of one of my "friends". She's an attention seeker. She can't stand criticis

• its my birthday tomorrow and ive got to go to work for 5 hours hoo frikin ray

• I am not autistic, but I am dyslexic. It makes it hard to stay in a conversation more than a few minutes. What I do is just see if they understand my problem, and if they don't mind and slow down for you, that's some who should be your friend. And congrats on graduating!

Being mildly autistic, I find it hard to last in social situations for longer than like, five minutes. It frustrates me how I can't always h

• Thanks, bud!

_BEARZZ_ posted: »

I am not autistic, but I am dyslexic. It makes it hard to stay in a conversation more than a few minutes. What I do is just see if they unde

• 5 hours isnt that long and a beer tastes better after work anyway. hopefully the weather will be nice and you can have a drink in the park, happy birthday for tomorrow, how old will you be if you dont mind me asking.

its my birthday tomorrow and ive got to go to work for 5 hours hoo frikin ray

• No problem!

Thanks, bud!

• Autistic jokes are the new form of stupid and immature things you hear all the time nowadays! Sorry you have to deal with those people! Unfortunately I don't know what it's like, so I can't give you any real advice. I hope you can overcome it, though! You've done it once, so you should be able to do it again!

Being mildly autistic, I find it hard to last in social situations for longer than like, five minutes. It frustrates me how I can't always h

• Every time I order a super size chili cheese bites at burger king they just stare at me in disbelief, they look at me all weird and are like "Wut???" And im like yeah a super chili cheese exists they call over the manager (every fucking time) and he's just like "just hit the super button" and then the guy at the counter looks at me like I just ordered a execution. WHY!

• By the time I saw this, it's the next day in your time zone, so Happy Birthday!

If that place you work at sells those tacky cheap Happy Birthday type ribbons, see if they'll let you wear one.

I don't think I've ever taken my birthday off. People at work want the chance to wish you happy birthday. Now, the day after my birthday, after a long night, I have taken off!

• BigBlindMaxBigBlindMax Banned
    edited July 2016

Feel you man. Had to work all Fourth of July.

Celebrate by slacking off and taking a long, messy shit on company time.

• Everything he described about her sounds exactly like Rachelle lmao.

HOLY.... Okay buddy I think you and I were friends with the same person. Every single thing you said described my EX best friend. What's her name?

• edited July 2016

Oh how predictable... things were going really well for me in my life, I was smiling and laughing again, things were great and then suddenly everything got fucked over. Can't wait for another bout of fucking depression, won't that just be swell? I finally had my schedule back on track, my friends and I were on a good level, I was getting voice actors, my health was okay mentally and physically, everything was going well. And then tonight every thing just fucked itself over. As per usual whenever I'm happy. My best friend attempted suicide and then blocked me on all social media and said she was done with me because she didn't want to get too close to anyone, I got fired from my job for personal private reasons that can't be disclosed in which many of my friends work at too so now they're concerned for me and I can't fucking tell them why, oh, and I can't wait to get 5 hours of sleep tonight, wake up and lie in bed for 3 hours instead of working and then just shuffle around the house like a mindless zombie. How fucking swell. Honestly I feel like I'd be better off just ending it, but nope, my mother fucking says all the time "God has a bigger plan for you." You know what? And I'm sorry to any christian fans on the forums here, but fuck god. He doesn't fucking exist, he's just something people praise to make themselves feel better about life being shit. Because no "merciful" god would allow this to happen over and over again. Now I get to sleep in my cold bed, crying my eyes out, and it's all because I thought I could have one fucking week, one god damn fucking week where I could be happy.

• I'm sorry to hear about how you're feeling, and I wish I could say I understand but not everyone can be happy for a week straight without feeling horrible. I hope you feel happier soon stay strong :)

Oh how predictable... things were going really well for me in my life, I was smiling and laughing again, things were great and then suddenly

• If god doesn't exist then that just makes life even more worth living. You're not getting a second chance, when you're dead it's all over, there's no paradise to look forward to, the only paradise is the one you make here. Keep going man, stay strong.

Oh how predictable... things were going really well for me in my life, I was smiling and laughing again, things were great and then suddenly

• at least the manager i dont like is away and my girlfriend is here aswell but sadly im working the day after

WarpSpeed posted: »

By the time I saw this, it's the next day in your time zone, so Happy Birthday! If that place you work at sells those tacky cheap Happy B

• maybe everytime you order a super chilli cheese somebody dies

Every time I order a super size chili cheese bites at burger king they just stare at me in disbelief, they look at me all weird and are like

• You only get one life. Live it. And make that shit yours.

If god doesn't exist then that just makes life even more worth living. You're not getting a second chance, when you're dead it's all over, t

• edited July 2016

Nobody really wants to be sad, truth to be told. But you cannot avoid it, the pain and sadness were going to come at you nevertheless. Was your goal to be happy for one week straight because you haven't felt happy in a long time? That would be most likely to happen if you were to sit home by, doing some x hobby, so nobody and nothing could make you sad.

I'll take my chance and bet you think of my words as bullshit. Honestly, having a relationship with anyone (friendship in this case) isn't gonna be all rainbows and unicorns (wait what). You have to be ready to accept somebody else's sadness, pain and problems. I am very sorry for what you are going through, and your best friend too. It is obvious you wanna help her, and do your best to at least try to save her.

Don't get so worked up about God, since you don't believe in His existence so blaming "nothing" for not being merciful because it is somehow "supposed" to be that way, all happy, life "must" be just chilling and stuff.

Sorry for your job loss, you are going through a tough state, very obviously. What can I, MarijaaNo7, do for you? Nothing much, frankly.

Your mother is a Christian, she handles her problems in a different way than yours, don't blame her because it is not killing you or anything. Try talking to her in a different way, tell her that you believe in no gods, and just get everything off your chest if you already haven't.

Seriously, do not set your hopes so high (being happy all the time). I do that sometimes too, but I try to remember that objectively every situation is netural. I decide how I react and deep down I must be aware why am I reacting that way.

• Thanks!!

Autistic jokes are the new form of stupid and immature things you hear all the time nowadays! Sorry you have to deal with those people! Unfo

• Life is hard. Some more than others. Going through what you're going through is tough. From what I've read you are a strong person. A lot of people can't handle things like you do. You are tough man. You got something going on. All I have to say is to hope that your future is much better than your past and present. Never give up. You've got this.

• 11 police shot with 4 already dead in Dallas? Christ almighty...

Have things just been getting worse as I aged or has the world always been this hostile? A lot of times it feels like both.

• I was coming on here to rant myself. It's horrible that people these days think the answer to police violence is more violence. I'm probably going to do a video over the weekend.

11 police shot with 4 already dead in Dallas? Christ almighty... Have things just been getting worse as I aged or has the world always been this hostile? A lot of times it feels like both.

edited July 2016

Similar situations happened in the 70's after the COINTELPRO attacks against the Black Panthers. hopefully the anti-cop movement stays the course and doesn't allow itself to be cowed into submission by the blowback.

11 police shot with 4 already dead in Dallas? Christ almighty... Have things just been getting worse as I aged or has the world always been this hostile? A lot of times it feels like both.

• The sniper that shot the 12 police officers was identified as Micah Xavier Johnson. Really sad that this man would do something like this. And I have a feeling that he wasn't the only person involved in this.

• edited July 2016

I would love some kind of "news block" feature. Basically it would censor news like they aren't there.

Not to try offend anyone but I don't want to read/hear each time someone does mass shooting etc unless you can provide something value like why they might have done it.

Also telling stuff in the news articles like that without giving any real context is just lol. I mean, come on.

Now what I would actually be interested is what some people plan to do about it.

Whatever, it's just news fatigue and I don't even have a clear idea why it bothers me. I might easily spend months not paying much attention to news because of stuff like this.

• edited July 2016

Whoa. I'm sorry for you. Really I am. It sucks when people get into depression, and you need the right people to help. You can get through this, it just needs to pass, so focus on whatever you have left to get through to the next week.

(I like to think of these things as tunnels. You're driving down a road and you enter a dark tunnel. That light on the other side, it'll make you feel better, it's the end of this depression. So do whatever you can to push that gas pedal down and get out on the other side! Everyone gets tunnels in their lives, some more than others.. It all depends on which road you take. So keep going, your car can survive this!)

• edited July 2016

Even if he did act alone, we shouldn't ignore the people on Twitter who were celebrating the shootings last night, or the people who were marching on the streets not long ago demanding dead cops.

The sniper that shot the 12 police officers was identified as Micah Xavier Johnson. Really sad that this man would do something like this. And I have a feeling that he wasn't the only person involved in this.

• Freedom of speech?

Even if he did act alone, we shouldn't ignore the people on Twitter who were celebrating the shootings last night, or the people who were marching on the streets not long ago demanding dead cops.

• Not sure what you mean exactly.

BigBlindMax posted: »

Freedom of speech?

• i know how you feel im aspergic and i have trouble with social interactions especially interviews when i disclose aspergers i dlnt get the job or if i tell them after ive got the job they fire me the only reason my current manager basnt fired me for my condition is because i would send my union rep on him ut hey things will get better ive got even have a girlfriend who understands me so things can and will get better

• why does it seem like the world is getting fuelled for another world war

edited July 2016

"We shouldn't ignore them". What do you mean by that? It seemed to imply that there should be some kind of consequences for them.

Not sure what you mean exactly.

• I'm not saying that they shouldn't be allowed to say it. I think all speech, no matter how disturbing it may be, should be tolerated. But when we see people saying things that are hateful and bigoted, we should respond with word and voice our own opinions rather than hide behind laws to censor speech. When I said "we shouldn't ignore them", I mean that we should take people's actions into account when we make a judgement about them as a person. I don't support legal consequences for any kind of speech (with some exceptions, e.g. Westboro Baptist Church picketing funerals), and that we should speak our honest opinions when we see speech that encourages hate or violence.

BigBlindMax posted: »

"We shouldn't ignore them". What do you mean by that? It seemed to imply that there should be some kind of consequences for them.

• Hope not.

why does it seem like the world is getting fuelled for another world war

• i hope not too but it just seems that the world is going that way

Kenny/Lee posted: »

Hope not.

• Something tells me we're going to see civil wars globally more than anything. Everybody's up at each other's throats for just about anything these days.

why does it seem like the world is getting fuelled for another world war

• if london becomes an independent state or if teresa may dosent initiate article50 there going to be another civil war

Something tells me we're going to see civil wars globally more than anything. Everybody's up at each other's throats for just about anything these days.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.