Life Is Strange - True Colors Out Now, Bonus Episode "Wavelengths" September 30th

Comments

• edited July 2016

no only you and him

Dosen't everyone do that at least once in a while?

• She could have convenient amnesia (self-inflicted or otherwise) and lose her powers.

Teddy96 posted: »

I would love to play as Chloe but it would be "hella" weird to play life is strange without the rewind power

• NO!!

So...Episode 1 is now free, I've got nothing to lose but my time. Recommend?

• [removed]

• PLAY IT NOW

• And here I thought we could talk like civilized people.

no only you and him

• I'd love to play as Rachel's brother. It sounds like such a cool idea.

Didn't Michel (the actual developer himself) revealed that if they're gonna do a S2 they will make Rachel's brother a protagonist? That's what I've seen in his old tweets. EDIT: I can't find it anymore. But I am not lying.

• I mean its free, so I wouldn't not recommend it, its worth a shot, people's view on the game is overall mixed, but you might enjoy it so why not.

• It's worth your time, just know that it's not for everyone. Good chance you'll love it, good chance you'll hate it. I personally love it.

• I'm calm. Typing in all caps isn't really considered civilized.

And here I thought we could talk like civilized people.

• Well, I didn't type in all caps.

Only if I really get pushed to the limit, I type in all caps.

I'm calm. Typing in all caps isn't really considered civilized.

• FULL CAPS HELP TO GET THE POINT ACROSS, AM I RIGHT?

Well, I didn't type in all caps. Only if I really get pushed to the limit, I type in all caps.

• Which is to say, makes it one of Life is Strange's strong points.

AgentZ46 posted: »

It's worth your time, just know that it's not for everyone. Good chance you'll love it, good chance you'll hate it. I personally love it.

• Judging by things like facebook likes and fanbase size, life is strange certainly seems to have been more popular than most telltale games, with the possible exception of twd season 1.

Clord posted: »

I think Life is Strange has been such a financial success to them that they have expanded their teams. Mere speculation of course.

• <3

i love you and your comments

• Much more recent that the Wolf Among Us forum.

People still post there because they like the game.

People will still post here because they like the game.

AronDracula posted: »

Why would I? This thread is just.......old.

• Oh lord, chill out.

It's free, why not let them have a go and they can make up their own mind?

Why do you care so much about people enjoying this game?

NO!!

• edited July 2016

Minor gameplay design problem. People refuse to check things out if there's another person in the room. Really bites back in the roof scene as a lot of people refuse to check out Kate's room as they expect she would notice or something.

Also plenty of people don't realize they can explore and might go many episodes without checking out anything other than reaching their objective. This can cause a great narrative difficulties.

• Isn't it overall positive? That's what metacritic says. It has 8.6 as an average for player reviews, that's pretty damn high for that site.

Poogers555 posted: »

I mean its free, so I wouldn't not recommend it, its worth a shot, people's view on the game is overall mixed, but you might enjoy it so why not.

• Somebody who wanted to talk about the game I guess. Lucky for me of course because I've been looking for this thread for a while.

Who revived this?

• Yeah. The series is pretty good honestly, Episode 5 is a love it/hate it though and might be a deal breaker for you.

• edited July 2016

I still dont get this because, yeah, some people hate it, but I think they';re a vocal minority, because the game has such a high review on places like metacritic.

And the people saying the game is terrible in this thread are usually the same 1 or 2 people. And this is on a telltale forum.

It has about the same average player review as Telltale's walking dead season 1, yet people wouldn't say of that game 'good chance you'll love it, good chance you'll hate it'.

If it really were that controversial and equally loved and hated then it's review average would be about 6.

It's worth your time, just know that it's not for everyone. Good chance you'll love it, good chance you'll hate it. I personally love it.

• Because he doesn't like people to have positive opinions about something he hates.

Which is fine with me because holy shit it's hilarious to watch him freak out, definitely one of my favorite things about him.

Flog61 posted: »

Oh lord, chill out. It's free, why not let them have a go and they can make up their own mind? Why do you care so much about people enjoying this game?

• So before making a sequel, I'd kind of like Dontnod to make a DLC for the game about the aftermath of Season 1. Show where Chloe and Max ended up after the finale and how they're doing, or show how life went on without Chloe or Max's rewind powers after she sacrificed her. It'd really only be a fluff/fan service thing I guess, but I don't like not having closure, and not knowing the state of Max and Chloe and leaving it to fate would be kind of upsetting to me.

• edited July 2016

I feel bad for people wasting their money. I'm talking about the endings and the choices

EDIT: I know Episode 1 is free but still

Oh lord, chill out. It's free, why not let them have a go and they can make up their own mind? Why do you care so much about people enjoying this game?

• Yeah, the choices and endings weren't the best.

I feel bad for people wasting their money. I'm talking about the endings and the choices EDIT: I know Episode 1 is free but still

• The same could be said about many telltale games, but I wouldn't encourage people to to give a free episode a try.

I feel bad for people wasting their money. I'm talking about the endings and the choices EDIT: I know Episode 1 is free but still

• to to

Typo :P

The same could be said about many telltale games, but I wouldn't encourage people to to give a free episode a try.

• It's different. If you sacrifice Chloe, your choices never happened and Max's development is still undone and if you sacrifice the town, your choices are destroyed (All the determinant characters you saved died). In Telltale games, even though the choices don't mean anything, they are still there to affect dialogues and stuff.

The same could be said about many telltale games, but I wouldn't encourage people to to give a free episode a try.

• However, before the finale your choices actually do affect the story in minor and drastic ways. Kind of pisses me off that the finale unraveled all of that, that was my only major gripe with the game honestly.

It's different. If you sacrifice Chloe, your choices never happened and Max's development is still undone and if you sacrifice the town, you

• Well what I said was my opinion, not based on what others think.

I still dont get this because, yeah, some people hate it, but I think they';re a vocal minority, because the game has such a high review on

• If you sacrifice Chloe, your choices never happened

Right but isn't that the whole point? Like, that's the artistic point it's trying to make. Whether you give up all of the choices you made to save people, losing those moments you had with Chloe.

they are still there to affect dialogues and stuff.

All the choices you're talking about being undone in the end still DID affect dialogue, though, and other parts of the game, before the end. Just as much as they did in telltale's games. So the same effort was put in.

So you're complaining that they didn't do MORE than telltale with choices. Which is odd because you spend way more time complaining about life is strange than telltale.

It's different. If you sacrifice Chloe, your choices never happened and Max's development is still undone and if you sacrifice the town, you

• Your comment seemed to imply that you were talking about others when you said 'it's not for everyone, good chance you'll love it, good chance you'll hate it'. Only the final sentence was just your perspective on the quality of the game itself.

Well what I said was my opinion, not based on what others think.

• I'd rather have a dlc about Rachel. If the next game is about Rachel's brother then it could introduce him and new characters well, and wouldn't have the determinant problem.

So before making a sequel, I'd kind of like Dontnod to make a DLC for the game about the aftermath of Season 1. Show where Chloe and Max end

• Which is odd because you spend way more time complaining about life is strange than telltale.

I'm bored.

Whether you give up all of the choices you made to save people, losing those moments you had with Chloe.

But it's still a sin because Kate never got drugged and doesn't try to commit suicide, Rachel Amber is still dead, Warren and Max's relationship is still unknown, Frank still didn't get the money etc.

If you sacrifice Chloe, your choices never happened Right but isn't that the whole point? Like, that's the artistic point it's tryin

• enter image description here

Which is odd because you spend way more time complaining about life is strange than telltale. I'm bored. Whether you give up a

• But it's still a sin because Kate never got drugged and doesn't try to commit suicide,

Kate did get drugged, but didn't kill herself because the people responsible for it were found. Isn't that positive? Isn't that a positive impact of your choice?

Rachel Amber is still dead,

There was never a choice about saving Rachel, so how did the ending undo that? It's like complaining that Lee is always dead in TWD season 2.

Warren and Max's relationship is still unknown

No, it was still the relationship that was established before we started playing that we saw in their interactions and through the diary. Again part of the decision to undo everything is about whether you sacrifice moments with other characters, like Warren, to save others.

Frank still didn't get the money etc.

So? He doesn't seem to care. He goes to Chloe's funeral.

Which is odd because you spend way more time complaining about life is strange than telltale. I'm bored. Whether you give up a

• Another photo session with Jefferson?

So before making a sequel, I'd kind of like Dontnod to make a DLC for the game about the aftermath of Season 1. Show where Chloe and Max end

• That'd be cool too. I guess I'm just kind of longing for some kind of happy feeling after the empty, pissed off feeling the game left me with.

I'd rather have a dlc about Rachel. If the next game is about Rachel's brother then it could introduce him and new characters well, and wouldn't have the determinant problem.

• Well according to my choice, that so-called photo session ends in David shooting him in the face, so if I get to see Mr. Jefferson get his ass handed to him by a lone bullet again that'd be incredibly fun.

Clord posted: »

Another photo session with Jefferson?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.