Life Is Strange - True Colors Out Now, Bonus Episode "Wavelengths" September 30th

Comments

• edited July 2016

Dang...What mess did I start? <.<"

(Edit: Well, since the majority said yes I guess I'll give it a try. :))

So...Episode 1 is now free, I've got nothing to lose but my time. Recommend?

• edited July 2016

http://m.ign.com/articles/2016/07/27/life-is-strange-to-become-live-action-tv-show?read
    Honestly not excited to hear about this tv show adaption for a few reasons.

1.Video games movie/tv show adaptions rarely work.
    2.These means there is less of a chance of a sequel now in my opinion
    3.Dontnod don't even seem happy about this.

• Not really. Reaction was very positive.

Poogers555 posted: »

I mean its free, so I wouldn't not recommend it, its worth a shot, people's view on the game is overall mixed, but you might enjoy it so why not.

• So they're adapting a choice based game into a tv show? That's like an even bigger fuck you than the ending.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2016/07/27/life-is-strange-to-become-live-action-tv-show?read Honestly not excited to hear about this tv show ada

• edited July 2016

If they take the endings from the game and decide between them. Unfortunately saving Chloe is out of the picture.

Saving Chloe would be seen as villainous and "villains" don't tend to win as show finale.

So they're adapting a choice based game into a tv show? That's like an even bigger fuck you than the ending.

• I played the episode a day early because of time zones and junk, but whatever. Happy birthday to the best episode of Life is Strange and the episode to get me officially invested in the series...Until I played episode 5 of course.

enter image description here

• Huh, they're adapting LiS into a TV series. I'll watch it, but I don't want to get my hopes too up. I'd love to see it happen and work though.

• Tell that to RWBY and Marble Hornets.

Clord posted: »

If they take the endings from the game and decide between them. Unfortunately saving Chloe is out of the picture. Saving Chloe would be seen as villainous and "villains" don't tend to win as show finale.

• edited July 2016

NVM

Huh, they're adapting LiS into a TV series. I'll watch it, but I don't want to get my hopes too up. I'd love to see it happen and work though.

• I'm sure it probably won't be better than the game (the notification still showed your unedited comment) considering it is a video game adaptation, but it never hurts to hope.

AronDracula posted: »

NVM

• Eh, it might work out good, but we'll be dealing with 30-60 minute episodes, so it'll take a while to get to the juicy stuff. And I'm betting it won't work out so well.

Huh, they're adapting LiS into a TV series. I'll watch it, but I don't want to get my hopes too up. I'd love to see it happen and work though.

• You brought back the RWBY feels. :'(

Tell that to RWBY and Marble Hornets.

• The article states that this won't have any impact on Dontnod's plans.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2016/07/27/life-is-strange-to-become-live-action-tv-show?read Honestly not excited to hear about this tv show ada

• Brought them back? I've still been living in them ever since the finale.

AgentZ46 posted: »

You brought back the RWBY feels.

• So true.

Brought them back? I've still been living in them ever since the finale.

• The only way they majorly fuck this up is if they don't include DONTNOD

• Please don't be live action, they should just do it as an animated series.

• But isn't Dontnod the one who made the game and Square Enix publish it? I'm just asking how it works

The only way they majorly fuck this up is if they don't include DONTNOD

• Me too. But you know who hasn't been living them since the finale? Pyrrha. Unless you count being inside of Ruby's lungs (and possibly Cinder's) as living. And now I made myself sad.

Brought them back? I've still been living in them ever since the finale.

• Smooth move, Exlax. I'm gonna go cry now.

MichaelBP posted: »

Me too. But you know who hasn't been living them since the finale? Pyrrha. Unless you count being inside of Ruby's lungs (and possibly Cinder's) as living. And now I made myself sad.

• edited July 2016

At least we'll always have Chibi Pyrrha. Sure, she looks like she could snap and go yandere at any time, but it's better than nothing. Just hope RT doesn't decide to turn RWBY Chibi into Happy Tree Friends.

Smooth move, Exlax. I'm gonna go cry now.

• Shit, I wouldn't be surprised at this point. The perma-killed Church, Killed 4 central RWBY characters, Made a show about the apocalypse and used RWBY Chibi as some sort of happiness. RoosterTeeth should be called AngstyFeelyGoFuckYourselfTeeth now.

At least we'll always have Chibi Pyrrha. Sure, she looks like she could snap and go yandere at any time, but it's better than nothing. Just hope RT doesn't decide to turn RWBY Chibi into Happy Tree Friends.

• Kinda suspicious they have such a happy show among the rest, if you ask me. Well, can't wait for the episode where Chibi Pyrrha goes yandere, and kills all of the girls, except Nora (because she is a yandere for Ren). All that chibi gore will be glorious. Now that's a far more appropriate name for RT.

Shit, I wouldn't be surprised at this point. The perma-killed Church, Killed 4 central RWBY characters, Made a show about the apocalypse and used RWBY Chibi as some sort of happiness. RoosterTeeth should be called AngstyFeelyGoFuckYourselfTeeth now.

• DONTNOD developed the game but Square Enix pretty much owns the rights.

AronDracula posted: »

But isn't Dontnod the one who made the game and Square Enix publish it? I'm just asking how it works

• edited July 2016

I have an idea how they could do live action version well.

Take a page from those games that are all live acted but you get an interface to pick how the protagonist reacts.

Heck, you could even include "randomize choices" option to just watch (with funny side bonus that character acts weird.)

For TV viewing they could just cherry pick what they want general audience to see, or maybe somehow random even that. Although this has not been done before so...

• edited July 2016

We have no clue if it'll happen or not but I love the idea of playing as Rachel's brother.

Humor me, just by thinking of him what kind of character do you imagine Rachel's brother to be like?

• Man... looks like Volume 4 is taking an interesting turn.

RIP Ruby's innocence.

Shit, I wouldn't be surprised at this point. The perma-killed Church, Killed 4 central RWBY characters, Made a show about the apocalypse and used RWBY Chibi as some sort of happiness. RoosterTeeth should be called AngstyFeelyGoFuckYourselfTeeth now.

• Here comes Lancaster sex. THE END OF INNOCENCE IS NEAR.

Man... looks like Volume 4 is taking an interesting turn. RIP Ruby's innocence.

• I blame this all on Blake. She should've kept her smut books where no one would find them.

Here comes Lancaster sex. THE END OF INNOCENCE IS NEAR.

• God dammit Blake.

I blame this all on Blake. She should've kept her smut books where no one would find them.

• edited July 2016

I bet "My heart's vagina is moist" is even a line in Ninjas of Love! Sigh, I guess there are worse things than Lancaster. Like Ruby X Adam. Wait... Adam wields a katana. Ruby likes "katanas"... oh no...

God dammit Blake.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

You know, while I get it's a joke made in good fun (or at least I hope it was), I never got why some people seemingly rag on Telltale for not making their own original IPs. In all honesty, most of their games are their own thing more or less. Some of their series have varying amounts of involvement from established characters from the respective franchises, but a grand majority of both characters and story are of Telltale's own creation. It's not like they're just straight-up retelling the same exact story of whatever they're adapting. They try more to expand and enrich the universe of whatever series they're doing.

Take TWD as a prime example. It is pretty much 90% its own series. Outside of sharing the same universe as the comics, along with its rules and a few character cameos, practically every location and character you come across is Telltale's creation.

Bottom line, I just don't see the problem with it. I mean, Valve basically does the same thing (Half-life is their only wholly original IP) yet no one seems to give them shit about it.

armis37 posted: »

https://www.reddit.com/r/lifeisstrange/comments/4v5wov/now_that_legendary_makes_a_life_is_strange_series/ Had to share.

• edited July 2016

Don't take it very seriously, it's just a sarcastic joke, I think the poster even said that in the comments.
    I too don't have a problem with TT not doing original titles, although it's never healthy for a company to only be associated with what other people create, it makes them look unoriginal, at least from the first glance.
    Just wanted to share a pretty funny poke at TT that doesn't include the usual shit fiesta that happens if such sort of comments appear on TT forums.

Deltino posted: »

You know, while I get it's a joke made in good fun (or at least I hope it was), I never got why some people seemingly rag on Telltale for no

• In fact, if the rumors are true then Super Show will be a first original IP by Telltale Games.

Their business model has always been licensing at least semi-popular series and then making games for them.

Deltino posted: »

You know, while I get it's a joke made in good fun (or at least I hope it was), I never got why some people seemingly rag on Telltale for no

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

if the rumors are true then Super Show will be a first original IP by Telltale Games.

Not really rumors since it was confirmed by Telltale themselves it would be an original IP.

Clord posted: »

In fact, if the rumors are true then Super Show will be a first original IP by Telltale Games. Their business model has always been licensing at least semi-popular series and then making games for them.

• sTOP. I WANT OFF OF THIS RIDE RIGHT NOW. STOP

I bet "My heart's vagina is moist" is even a line in Ninjas of Love! Sigh, I guess there are worse things than Lancaster. Like Ruby X Adam. Wait... Adam wields a katana. Ruby likes "katanas"... oh no...

• edited July 2016

For real, it'd be horrible. If only this would happen at some point. RT pls.

sTOP. I WANT OFF OF THIS RIDE RIGHT NOW. STOP

• White Rose, RT. White Rose. I know you guys don't like it but we do, and our viewership is the reason you have a job. Get to it guys.

For real, it'd be horrible. If only this would happen at some point. RT pls.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.