Will There be a Season 3? (It most likely won't happen)

Former episode 9 speculation thread, but I wanted to recycle this so...

We don't know if a third season is coming next year or after (But the most possible is that they do but still)!

Ivor wants to fix his friendship with Gabriel, Soren, and Magnus/Ellegaard.

Romeo (depending on what you chose) and Aiden want to redeem themselves.

This "WP" is coming after Jesse (or something like that, I didn't see that part in my game)

Are these hints for a season 3? Or maybe DLC episodes?

Discuss what you think when a continuaton for Story Mode will happen, and what will happen in it!

Telltale Games is closing, so a season 3 or any type of more official minecraft story mode content will not come, unless someone buys the rights to it, who do you think will buy the rights?

My personal guess would be mojang, they showed us that they will expand the minecraft universe with more games, just look at minecraft: dungeons.

Tagged:

Comments

• If this is true, I hope that we're not going to pay for them!!!

• Dude, it's Telltale. We KNOW we're gonna have to pay for them.

If this is true, I hope that we're not going to pay for them!!!

• Episode 8 is the last episode of The Adventure Pack DLC. If there will be more Minecraft Story Mode it won't likely be released till 2017-2018, so that they can build on new ideas, engine upgrades, and more.

• Remember that in the adventure pack said that the three episodes will be released at summer of this year, if they're going to release episode 9, it could be released between october and december.

Episode 8 is the last episode of The Adventure Pack DLC. If there will be more Minecraft Story Mode it won't likely be released till 2017-2018, so that they can build on new ideas, engine upgrades, and more.

• And they COULD have the story half-written

• I'm sorry.

And they MIGHT have the story half-written

• edited December 2017

:neutral: edit

• Edit button, man.

edit

• Mobile devices.

bigdogg0821 posted: »

Edit button, man.

• Ah... Mobile devices...

fancies posted: »

Mobile devices.

• It's content that they're making for customers. Why wouldn't we have to pay for them?

Dude, it's Telltale. We KNOW we're gonna have to pay for them.

• And? You can edit your comments just fine on mobile devices. If you can't the problem's on your end.

Mobile devices.

• I don't know if you know how much Telltale has at their plate right now, so let me tell you. Just this year there will be Batman, The Walking Dead. Next year it might be Supershow, Game of Thrones, and if we are lucky TFTB and TWAU. I cannot see, or doesn't even want to see more episodes of MCSM.

Of course it could pe possible that they release a MCSM-one-episode-adventure a little now and then, I wouldn't really mind. But there is so much more to get from TTG than MCSM.

Remember that in the adventure pack said that the three episodes will be released at summer of this year, if they're going to release episode 9, it could be released between october and december.

• It's hidden very well, though.

And? You can edit your comments just fine on mobile devices. If you can't the problem's on your end.

• I wouldn't be surprised if Telltale brings another DLC with three more episodes. :P

• Actually there's a way to edit comments on mobile devices. You just hit the hide thread button, then open it back up and the edit option will be there.

Mobile devices.

• While TWAU continues to collect dust.

Lazy_DC posted: »

I wouldn't be surprised if Telltale brings another DLC with three more episodes. :P

• A problem with that? :P Hmm... maybe a part two of TWAU would be good?

While TWAU continues to collect dust.

• Way more than good.

Lazy_DC posted: »

A problem with that? :P Hmm... maybe a part two of TWAU would be good?

• I'm sorry man, I'm new here and i didn't know that you could edit the messages after you sent them.

I discovered it after sending the message that says that I'm learning english.

bigdogg0821 posted: »

Edit button, man.

• edited July 2016

We'll have to wait for the release of EP8, maybe they'll release at the menu new episodes with episode 8.

Before that, we'll have to feel the suspense!!

• The ? in Episode 8, "A Journey's End?" proves that there will be another season.

Following that, when purchasing the "Adventure Pass" on console, it says Thanks for purchasing all episodes for MINECRAFT STORY MODE
    Season 1!

I could be wrong.

• OMG

I didn't know that.

I bought the season pass disc and I didn't have to buy the season pass!!

I am 60% sure of the release of episode 9 thanks you!!

But we'll have to wait for it!

The ? in Episode 8, "A Journey's End?" proves that there will be another season. Following that, when purchasing the "Adventure Pass" on console, it says Thanks for purchasing all episodes for MINECRAFT STORY MODE Season 1! I could be wrong.

• But episodes 6,7 and 8 might be the season 2.

Who knows.

OMG I didn't know that. I bought the season pass disc and I didn't have to buy the season pass!! I am 60% sure of the release of episode 9 thanks you!! But we'll have to wait for it!

• I doubt it but a second season seem fairly possible.

Telltale wants that Minecraft money. <.<

• Maybe there will we episode 9 to abridged to gap between season 1 and 2 . Like walking dead Dlc

• That's a plausible theory

Maybe there will we episode 9 to abridged to gap between season 1 and 2 . Like walking dead Dlc

• I hope so but.. minecraft gets alot of hate for having more episodes than the others.

• edited July 2016

Mm, you could be wrong. Although, I am sure Minecraft Story Mode will get a season 2 (look at how popular this thing is here), just because it says "Season 1" doesn't necessarily mean there will be other seasons past the #1. Look at Telltale's older titles, "Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People" is called season 1, but we didn't get a season 2 of that yet. And it's been 8 years. But don't expect it this year. Telltale's got other things...

The ? in Episode 8, "A Journey's End?" proves that there will be another season. Following that, when purchasing the "Adventure Pass" on console, it says Thanks for purchasing all episodes for MINECRAFT STORY MODE Season 1! I could be wrong.

• |
    V

FrostedFelling said:
    I could be wrong.

But episodes 6,7 and 8 might be the season 2. Who knows.

• edited July 2016

Well, Telltale already had loads of Minecraft Money, and it was the right thing to make Minecraft Story Mode on Telltale's part, after all, Minecraft have one of the biggest Fanbases of all time.

I don't think there will be a Episode 9 nor Season Two, if they wanted to add a Episode 9, they should of added it in the first place.

8 Episodes is ENOUGH for me, and The Adventure Series acts as a Season Two, the Witherstorm and Adventure Series have the same amount of Episodes.

1 - 4 (WitherStorm)
    5 - 8 ("Adventure!", See what I did there?, xD)

I've already spent like 30 pounds on Minecraft Story Mode, I've really enjoyed it, but TOO many episodes will just be TOO much, and, considering the Fanbase are kids, it would be kinda kid-scamming...

I doubt it but a second season seem fairly possible. Telltale wants that Minecraft money. <.<

• Of course it will be a season two, Telltale games will want more money minecraft hahaha

• How about no more episodes of this already terrible cash in of a game and just end it already

• edited July 2016

How about you let people enjoy the game instead of acting like you're top shit.

Duck_Hunt posted: »

How about no more episodes of this already terrible cash in of a game and just end it already

• enter image description here

How about you let people enjoy the game instead of acting like you're top shit.

• I'd prefer if telltale focused on TWAU or TFtB or TWDG

• I do enjoy the game though I'm sad it's ending.

_BEARZZ_ posted: »

I'd prefer if telltale focused on TWAU or TFtB or TWDG

• Why did I say two episodes?

• I wouldn't call it a scam, just taking advantage of the popularity of the original game. Easy money.

Emeraldos posted: »

Well, Telltale already had loads of Minecraft Money, and it was the right thing to make Minecraft Story Mode on Telltale's part, after all,

Sign in to comment in this discussion.