"Everafter: from the pages of Fables" - Discussion for the new Fables series

Finally got my first issue of "Everafter: from the pages of Fables" today (after much delay).

While there were few things that I liked, I can't say that I'm too impressed (though this view can certainly change later, depending on how the story goes).

How about you guys?
Anyone else read the first issue yet?

Comments

• edited September 2016

One of my dear friends is reading it, along with @theclanfan So far, I'm getting mixed reviews. My friend told me it's not too bad; he was pleased it picked right back up and the dudes who made TWAU comic is keeping close to the way FABLES was written, while still adding their own spin to things. He also adds that the story DOES take place after the incident in he last few FABLES comics, so it was easy to pick up. So far, he's enjoying some of the new Fables or monsters they have included. The art from Travis Moore is brilliant but he said it was nothing like Mark; he added so much detail, as where apparently Travis's style is colorful(?) and lacks in creativity(?) but each to their own, I suppose, in regards to the art. As I recall from TWAU comic, Moore's stuff was the best.

He did say, however, that new readers might become confused, should they pick his comic up. The writers apparently do not describe the 'new' world involving Fables and the human government; a brief look back would not go so bad, especially if you need to refresh what Fables 150 was and so forth. He appreciated the bits with Snow, Bigby and Connor but he stated again...newbies may not understand WHY Snow and Bigby are so important.

But after all was said and done, he DID enjoy it and will continue to read it. I, however, am still a bit skeptical about it. If the next issue isn't too bad, I may just pick it up...

• I actually finished reading not too long ago and it wasn't too bad. I actually liked the artwork! I loved Moore's style better than any of the other artists' designs. The story is interesting and I liked how they picked right back up from 150.

However, my whole thing is this-Hansel is back. He can walk. I just...why? Last I remember, he was paralyzed and Sam pushed his ass off a cliff. I mean, it'll be nice to see how he pans out in all this but other then that, it's good so far. You should read it, @pudding_pie

• Any new fables appear?

• edited September 2016

There's one towards the end (well I think she is), but since it's only the opening issue, it's pretty much ones we know.

zeke10 posted: »

Any new fables appear?

• Who?

CoolGuyJ posted: »

There's one towards the end (well I think she is), but since it's only the opening issue, it's pretty much ones we know.

• There's a little girl at the end who the team is tasked to bring in, but Hansel goes rogue and tries to kill her (after subduing Bo Peep and trapping Peter Piper).

But instead, the girl just destroys Hansel, leaving whole bloodshed (with his guts spilling everywhere, and Peter watching the whole thing unfold in horror).

Girl seems to be one powerful witch (if not, I don't know what can explain her powers), and very probable to be a Fable.

Who?

• edited September 2016

Didn't hansel die in fables? Also i hear he can walk again whats up with that?

• From what I remember, he was pushed off a cliff in a wheelchair, but he seems to have survived it.

Regarding him walking again, well no explanation is given for that, but I guess they are using the standard excuse for letting the villains live/heal - he's a popular Fable, thus powerful (like Goldilocks, who was stabbed in the head, fell off a cliff, and was ran over by a truck, but still survived, since she was a popular Fable).

But somehow, I don't see him coming back from Everafter #1. It's basically like his body exploded and his entrails are all over the place (would need a really, really crazy excuse to bring him back - using "he's a popular Fable" excuse again would be so lame)

Didn't hansel die in fables? Also i hear he can walk again whats up with that?

• Oh wow is it out already?! Dang!

I think I'll do my usual thing and wait for the Volumes to start coming out...

All I want to know right now is this: How much Snigby do we get? :D

• edited September 2016

They make very brief appearance - just to introduce Connor to the mix (how and why he joins the team etc).

It was one of parts that I did like, seeing them (and Snow and Bigby expressing their motherly and fatherly side to Connor).

Doubt they'll make another appearance though, at least until the end of this series.

HazzatheMan posted: »

Oh wow is it out already?! Dang! I think I'll do my usual thing and wait for the Volumes to start coming out... All I want to know right now is this: How much Snigby do we get?

• Better than nothing :)

CoolGuyJ posted: »

They make very brief appearance - just to introduce Connor to the mix (how and why he joins the team etc). It was one of parts that I did

• Goldilocks got much worse, and Hansel is just as popular as her

theclanfan posted: »

I actually finished reading not too long ago and it wasn't too bad. I actually liked the artwork! I loved Moore's style better than any of t

Sign in to comment in this discussion.