Who here is thinking about quitting videogames all together, and why?

Comments

• Games do not bring anything useful

lmao what games are you playing?

Karnedg2013 posted: »

Such wise word! Good job, Mr! I'm very agree with It. Games do not bring anything useful, as soon as the take away our time, that you hav

• -Alien: Isolation
    Sorry not so big fun of horror/FPS style games.
    -Claire
    Interesting but I can't really get into those games I have to watch them.
    -Mario Kart 8
    I don't have a Wii U or DS and not a big race fan but Mario Kart is kinda nice but I have no Nintendo console.
    -Far Cry 4
    I don't like survival games really and I have a shitty relationship with Ubisoft but I do have interest
    -Shovel Knight
    As much I want to play the game I am no fan of 2D platforms
    -Dragon Age: Inquisition
    Can't stand EA but gave it a shot on PS3 didn't really get far but I can see why people like it.
    -Dark Souls 2
    Have interest but I still haven't played 1.
    -Smash Brothers 4
    Love it but no Nintendo:(
    -Sunset Overdrive
    No Xbox and if it is on PC well my pc is not a game machine.
    -MGS Ground Zeroes
    Didn't really like the MGS5
    -Halo 2 HD
    No xbox (have 360 though but couldn't find it and I'm stuck in the second level in Halo 1)
    -Infamous Second Son
    Incredible overrated, played it I was so bored and the story was so boring and full of plot holes GAMEPLAY was fun but got to repetitive.
    -The Evil Within
    Not for me.
    -Valiant Hearts
    Interesting game I love to play but something just holds me back when I play it:(

Alien: Isolation, Claire, Mario Kart 8, Far Cry 4, Shovel Knight, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Dark Souls II, Smash Brothers 4, Sunset Overdrive

• I have no nintendo console and I don't get into FPS

Ekelund21 posted: »

Bayonetta 2 and Wolfenstein The New Order though?

• Who?

How dare you? You are a true casul.

• It's about all games.
    I almost don't play games.
    Games with amazing plot and character like Telltale Games, LIS, To the Moon.
    Games only take your time and some of them even bring you depression.
    cough TWD cough LIS cough

Games do not bring anything useful lmao what games are you playing?

• It was a joke.

Who?

• Wowzers. You're a bit of a high maintenance gamer.

joshua007 posted: »

-Alien: Isolation Sorry not so big fun of horror/FPS style games. -Claire Interesting but I can't really get into those games I have to w

• You're not sounding edgy, it's something everyone goes through. When I first picked up video games, I had no friends, the times I did try to make friends failed miserably and ended with people bullying me and my dad and mom were never around. I was a very lonely 5 year old boy, and playing things like Final Fantasy X2 where I was a hero and I got to manage my own team with actual friends was a lot better than whatever the fuck the real world was offering me. Even games that are just as depressing as real life feel good because if you can get over that hurt that the game gives you then it's so rewarding.

You're not edgy for what you said, you're more... relatable really.

Wolfenus54 posted: »

I don't. Cause they are the only thing that entertain me nowadays, while the "real world" offered me nothing but depression, misery, sadness etc. okay i should stop sounding edgy oops

• Games only take your time...

That's like saying any form of entertainment are a waste of time.

some of them even bring you depression.

Are you exaggerating? I felt sad at the end but not enough to make me have a mental disorder.

It's about all games. I almost don't play games. Games with amazing plot and character like Telltale Games, LIS, To the Moon. Games only take your time and some of them even bring you depression. cough TWD cough LIS cough

• To be fair, eventually, you'll die. Hard to play games post-mortem.

Johro posted: »

You never HAVE to quit video games. Time sinks? Yeah. Most people do for at least a while in their lives. An hour here, an hour there. There's always casual or sports games. Time sinks have to wait for vacation.

• I basically have, now that I think about it. There are a couple of franchises/developpers I still play, but overall not too much.

• wut

It's about all games. I almost don't play games. Games with amazing plot and character like Telltale Games, LIS, To the Moon. Games only take your time and some of them even bring you depression. cough TWD cough LIS cough

• And I only like one of those.

Alien: Isolation, Claire, Mario Kart 8, Far Cry 4, Shovel Knight, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Dark Souls II, Smash Brothers 4, Sunset Overdrive

• Speak for yourself.
    I saw a lot of comment.
    What a time now?
    People crying because virtual chars.
    Instead, to help those who suffer in real life, to do charity work and other useful things.
    This's so stupid.

Games only take your time... That's like saying any form of entertainment are a waste of time. some of them even bring you depression. Are you exaggerating? I felt sad at the end but not enough to make me have a mental disorder.

• Instead, to help those who suffer in real life, to do charity work and other useful things.

That's not compulsory though.

Speak for yourself. I saw a lot of comment. What a time now? People crying because virtual chars. Instead, to help those who suffer in real life, to do charity work and other useful things. This's so stupid.

• No, it's mandatory. People are just too selfish and think only about themselves, but when something happens to them, they are asking for help, but do not get it. And how they can get it if you do not want to help?
    I want to spend time on the important things in this world, and not spend it for nothing on the game.
    Helping others brings true happiness, as opposed to video games. And I know what I'm doing the world a better and saving someone's life. It is indeed correct, Megami. Think about it.
    It's always YOUR choise.

Instead, to help those who suffer in real life, to do charity work and other useful things. That's not compulsory though.

• Hush there.

wut

• No, it's mandatory.

It's not part of the law, so it's not.

People are just too selfish and think only about themselves...

That's not something you can control, really.

Helping others brings true happiness, as opposed to video games. And I know what I'm doing the world a better and saving someone's life.

That's your choice and not something you can force on other people. Good on you for doing good deeds, but I'll oppose on you stating that videogames are a waste of time -- subjectively speaking -- they aren't.
    Videogames have benefits and that's proven already.

No, it's mandatory. People are just too selfish and think only about themselves, but when something happens to them, they are asking for hel

• WTH kinda question is that? lol

• Your opinion.
    But games - It's a waste time.
    I know I'm right. It's enough for me.

No, it's mandatory. It's not part of the law, so it's not. People are just too selfish and think only about themselves...

• edited November 2016

Correction: you know that you believe yourself to be right, and you might be in your own case, but I've seen far more good come out of games than you give credit for. If you find better outlets of experiencing art for yourself, more power to you, but shrugging off games as a waste of time entirely will cause you to overlook hidden treasures that only this art form can allow you to experience.

Your opinion. But games - It's a waste time. I know I'm right. It's enough for me.

• How would you know? What if we all go to a giant arcade in the sky when we die?

Piggs posted: »

To be fair, eventually, you'll die. Hard to play games post-mortem.

• edited November 2016

Fair point, sir! It's really hard to enjoy something when you get distracted by the fan base surrounding it... and yeah, the console wars are a bit too much.

Gary-Oak posted: »

I've been considering it, but it's not because of those reasons. It's the community. The video games community in general is toxic. There's

• Still games gives more bad.
    Just look at TWD-fans.
    They might kill each other cause Kenny/Jane.

Tohabath posted: »

Correction: you know that you believe yourself to be right, and you might be in your own case, but I've seen far more good come out of games

• So you don't read books or watch TV either? Because honestly, that is as much of waste of a time as well. You can be real sad if one of your favourite characters die in your favourite book and the same thing on tv series and so forth.

Such wise word! Good job, Mr! I'm very agree with It. Games do not bring anything useful, as soon as the take away our time, that you hav

• Ur wut.

Hush there.

• 1: Saving Money.

enter image description here

• They might kill each other cause Kenny/Jane.

No.

Still games gives more bad. Just look at TWD-fans. They might kill each other cause Kenny/Jane.

• Games only take your time and some of them even bring you depression

Yes, let's compare sadness over videogame characters to a chemical imbalance in someone's brain. I'm sure that is a good idea.

• Yes.

They might kill each other cause Kenny/Jane. No.

• Isaw what happening with people on this forum.
    Speak for yourself.

Games only take your time and some of them even bring you depression Yes, let's compare sadness over videogame characters to a chemical imbalance in someone's brain. I'm sure that is a good idea.

• No, I do not watch TV. Books- not a waste of time.
    The bad and foolish books - a waste of time.
    I try to just read the good and wise. The Chronicles of Narnia, for example.

So you don't read books or watch TV either? Because honestly, that is as much of waste of a time as well. You can be real sad if one of your favourite characters die in your favourite book and the same thing on tv series and so forth.

• edited November 2016

Those would be people that already had... Problems.

The videogame didn't cause that.

Yes.

• Uhhh, what!?

Books (fiction) are a form of entertainment, and so are videogames.

How are videogames a waste of time, but books aren't? That doesn't make sense.

You could spend as much time reading a book as playing a videogame, and yet it's still a waste of time?

No, I do not watch TV. Books- not a waste of time. The bad and foolish books - a waste of time. I try to just read the good and wise. The Chronicles of Narnia, for example.

• edited November 2016

I am not spending lavishly on games. I will only buy games that interests me. I haven't brought a game since Batman. But that will change when Christmas sales and TWD arrives on Steam. :)

I don't think I will ever quit playing video games. It is one of my favorite activities. Playing games let my imaginations runs wilds. I love the immersion. The joy of the adventure and the memories I create from those games makes it meaningful to me.

But of course, finding a balance between your other activities is important too. But don't dismiss gaming. If you feel this way, maybe you should take some time away from gaming, find other nice stuff to do and come back once you are ready. :)

• Each book carries enough amount of truth, and fairly evil.
    Genre a fantasy also carries It. Such books, such as The Witcher. The main hero of the book speaks not very positive character.
    So I think it's right to read only good and useful books that they simply did not take away your time and have perfected you.

Acheive250 posted: »

Uhhh, what!? Books (fiction) are a form of entertainment, and so are videogames. How are videogames a waste of time, but books aren't?

• It means "or what?".

?!

• I do not believe a video game has the power to change you into a bad person, unless you are too young to be playing those games or you already have problems.
    And many video games have very positive messages. (such as TWD)

Also, everything you just said can be applied to video games, and yet you still consider them a waste of time?

Each book carries enough amount of truth, and fairly evil. Genre a fantasy also carries It. Such books, such as The Witcher. The main hero

• What are You want, Mr?

It means "or what?".

Sign in to comment in this discussion.