Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about The Walking Dead

Comments

• And I'm Wiz

Lilacsbloom posted: »

It's called a boom stick.

• She looked really caucasian in the cover art

I also just want to point out that cover art Kate looks nothing like in-game Kate.

• The fact that she is on the game cover is sort of implying to me that she may not die in the third episode, seems like shes already (and will continue to be) a significant character. But IDK.

I also just want to point out that cover art Kate looks nothing like in-game Kate.

• edited January 2017

Well looks like someone posted some 3D models on Sketchfab.

Is this allowed to be posted here, should I remove the link?
  • Because people at crowdplay pointed out that Kate was "too white" for their taste.

im kidding but still

• That person would be me. :)

TheMPerson posted: »

Well looks like someone posted some 3D models on Sketchfab. Is this allowed to be posted here, should I remove the link?

• Actually, its implied he realized Christa was pregnant during the scene in the attic.

S1E5, Kenny (determinately) saves a woman who is secretly pregnant. S2E5, Kenny (determinately) kills a woman who is secretly pregnant.

• The one with the art history is creepin me out a bit.

One of them was an experienced history professor. One of them was amidst the "all American road trip" when the apocalypse started, due to hi

• I think Kate looks better in game, in the promo art she looks alot younger than she really is.

• Agreed. I honestly think the eyepatch would look silly even if it didn't look like shit.

His toilet paper thing looked cooler anyway.

• Whaddya know...I stand corrected.

Meanwhile at tumblr, a long-gone user Badgershite decides to fix it "i fixed it for you telltale."

• Oh, so that is Kate! Not gonna lie, I thought that was Jane when the image was first revealed.

• Honestly, I'm not even sure it's based off a real model as I've never seen a shotgun with the shells on top of the gun itself, it's almost always on the side.

Isn't that a shotgun? Well by the shells on top of it, I guess it is. But what kind? It looks like a combo of tf2 weapons. ( 1, 2, 3 ) Edit: Also what the heck is that thing that just holds the shells on top of it?

• Can someone tell me what kind of weapon Clem has- I mean had?

Not gonna lie...I almost thought it was a Nerf gun when I first saw it. You know, with red foam ammo attached to its top? xD

Can someone tell me what kind of weapon Clem has- I mean had? Edit: Different pic for better angle

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

I just don't get it

Kenny's hat looks really good, Kenny's clothes look really good

But then there's his face, and his beard

How do they manage to make the rest of Kenny's model look so good, but royally fuck up his head

I mean seriously, just look at all the detail on his jacket and hat. They had enough time to make an HD hat model for him, but they couldn't work on his beard for more than 10 minutes?

That person would be me.

• But then there's his face, and his beard

And that playdough eye patch, like seriously, just stick with the bandage Telltale.

Deltino posted: »

I just don't get it Kenny's hat looks really good, Kenny's clothes look really good But then there's his face, and his beard How do

• If they just spent more time on his beard and hair, he'd actually look good. Kenny is really the only one who has some resemblance to his Season 2 look. It's just that they literally just glued pieces of his beard and hair onto his face and it looks like a mess. Kenny's hair and beard are his most prominent features, you'd think they would try their hardest to get that part right, and be lazy with everything else.

I just don't get it Kenny's hat looks really good, Kenny's clothes look really good But then there's his face, and his beard How do

• Yes, yet it was still a secret from the group and wasn't explicitly shown or stated

DabigRG posted: »

Actually, its implied he realized Christa was pregnant during the scene in the attic.

• Another interesting (but slightly different and determinant) parallel:

S1E5, Kenny (determinately) forgives and tries to save a young adult who had wronged him.

S2E5, Kenny does not forgive and beats a young adult who had wronged him.

S1E5, Kenny (determinately) saves a woman who is secretly pregnant. S2E5, Kenny (determinately) kills a woman who is secretly pregnant.

• His toilet paper thing

I lol'd pretty hard

His toilet paper thing looked cooler anyway.

• In Ties that bind part 1 In the Junkyard when Javi kills the walker with the crowbar, he will swing at it as if it was baseball.

• It looks like it could be a Mossberg 500 Mariner with a rail attachment on top to hold shells.

Can someone tell me what kind of weapon Clem has- I mean had? Edit: Different pic for better angle

• Pretty sure it was obvious, just saying, with the whole baseball jersey + photos of him in little league.

In Ties that bind part 1 In the Junkyard when Javi kills the walker with the crowbar, he will swing at it as if it was baseball.

• edited January 2017

Kind of a cruel assumption from Clem, but in S3E2 if you remain silent at the dialogue before the decision to Shoot Conrad or nah, Clementine assumes you're selling her out and says:

Conrad: Oh, I'm sure after a day you two are just soulmates.
    Javi: [...]
    Clem: Javi, why aren't you saying no?
    Conrad: Because he knows I'm right.
    Clem: Screw both of you.

Naturally, if you accept the plan at this point she follows with the 'fucking traitor' line.

Would it have turned out better, though? What if Vanaman stayed, but they still decided to shift in another writer to work on S2 and S3 anyways? Or what if they forced him to work super quickly and forced him to rewrite stuff half-way through?

There's a good chance he would've ended up in the same boat the guys working on S2 and S3 did-- which is to say, being forced to cobble together what you can due to time restraints and random rewrites

The more I think about it, it's probably for the best that he left when he did

He told the story he wanted to tell, he ended it in such a way where he could walk away from it, but someone else could take over and continue it, and above all else, he got to end his career at Telltale on an extremely high note.

At least he doesn't have to worry about living up to really high expectations, and he doesn't have to feel like he's forced to continue working on the series. Or worry about being held in a chokehold by a management team of dubious competence

Seriously, I try not to join in the Vanaman circlejerk when possible but it wounds me when I'm reminded of stuff like this. Oh, me t

• I wouldn't say it's a "cruel assumption" as staying silent would imply you really don't know what to do and you're not backing up Clementine who was completely in the right in that situation.

Davissons posted: »

Kind of a cruel assumption from Clem, but in S3E2 if you remain silent at the dialogue before the decision to Shoot Conrad or nah, Clementin

• Would it have turned out better, though? What if Vanaman stayed, but they still decided to shift in another writer to work on S2 and S3 anyways? Or what if they forced him to work super quickly and forced him to rewrite stuff half-way through?

I forget from which source I got this from, and I promise you it's out there somewhere, but apparently Vanaman left behind a script leaving his plans for Season 2 and by large Episode 1, and in said source he said something along the lines of:

"The actual script was... Y'know, so different that I didn't feel like I had any creative ownership of Season 2."

So I guess the answer to this is we'll never know. But considering none of the writers from Season 1 made it into Season 2, I don't think it's unfair to say we might have gotten a different or superior product.

Would it have turned out better, though? What if Vanaman stayed, but they still decided to shift in another writer to work on S2 and S3 anyw

• royally fuck up his head

Kenny's head model is just reused from David. Maybe that's why...

• It took me a while to realise that was Kate in the game as well. I think she looks prettiest in the game version. And her hair is an ok length imo.

• Based on the gif, it's a shotgun that has been heavily modified.

It now has a rack, allowing Clementine to store five cocktail sausages on the top for an easy-to-reach snack.

• I thought that was a nice picture of him!

DabigRG posted: »

The one with the art history is creepin me out a bit.

• My sources said that, too.

Because people at crowdplay pointed out that Kate was "too white" for their taste. im kidding but still

• Stick with the toilet paper.

Spodes posted: »

But then there's his face, and his beard And that playdough eye patch, like seriously, just stick with the bandage Telltale.

• Not true. Mark Darin, the writer of the Season 1 episode Starved for Help, was one of the major people involved with Season 2. While he was never one of the lead writers for an episode, he was the lead designer for both All That Remains and Amid The Ruins, and he did have several additional writing credits throughout the series. Pierre Shorette, while briefly but still a part of Season 1, was a main writer for Season 2, acting as the lead writer for In Harms Way and a cowriter for No Going Back, as well as additional writing credits on All That Remains and Amid the Ruins. You also had several others who were key players on Season 1 work on Season 2. Sean Ainsworth, a major designer and director of Season 1, worked on Season 2. Harrison Pink, another designer, worked on both seasons, along with Dennis Lenart, a director.

Davissons posted: »

Would it have turned out better, though? What if Vanaman stayed, but they still decided to shift in another writer to work on S2 and S3 anyw

• and you're not backing up Clementine who was completely in the right in that situation

Don't be humble!

Spodes posted: »

I wouldn't say it's a "cruel assumption" as staying silent would imply you really don't know what to do and you're not backing up Clementine who was completely in the right in that situation.

• Why? Because he's staring right at you?

I thought that was a nice picture of him!

• Can't tell if you're sarcastic or not at this point (given your other post I'll assume so): Conrad's plan was to use some 13 year old as hostage to try to get them in, considering how violent the New Frontier you might think they'll really harm someone they're looking out for. Even without me only caring about Clem in this season, from a moral point I'd never do it, it's something that would be really fucked up to do. Not to mention you get in completely fine regardless and I never cared about Conrad anyways, he was losing it after his wife died, his child(ren?) died (most likely), and his girlfriend died.

and you're not backing up Clementine who was completely in the right in that situation Don't be humble!

Wait... you mean they didn't even use Kenny's original head model?

enter image description here

royally fuck up his head Kenny's head model is just reused from David. Maybe that's why...

• Correct. Kenny is a rehash of David.

Wait... you mean they didn't even use Kenny's original head model?

• One thing that I really liked is that whenever you can walk and look around an area at things Javier usually had something to say about the stuff you clicked on instead of just staring at it silently.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.