Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about The Walking Dead

Comments

• The models from previous titles are technically compatible to the current engine, they just have to port it. Just as what they did with S1 models in S2.

For Kenny... I literally cannot think of an excuse for his model. It's just that bad.

Deltino posted: »

Season 2 models are not compatible with the Season 3 engine so they couldn't transfer it even if they tried Okay... but what's stopp

• edited January 2017

Dem girls on the swing in their Sunday dresses

Where does he say this? and that may be creepy, but he's not necassarily a pedophile. He's a bit of manchild

DabigRG posted: »

To be fair, Danny the Prisoner was arrested for supposedly getting with a teenager and they never specifically say whether he actually did i

• Maybe he knows it from experience, it's been 4 years into the apocalypse after all.

Started getting weird when he knew exactly what sort of fuel was in certain containers and he started saying exactly what they were used for. Bro you were a baseball player, not a high level mechanical engineer

• edited January 2017

I just noticed before Lee tells Clem Duck is bitten, he looks upward with an incredulous expression and shakes his head as if to say "God, why are you making me tell the little girl this? Hasn't she been through enough?"

• edited January 2017

enter image description here
    Hmm...

• We've been over this before :^).

Megaodg33 posted: »

Hmm...

• It was an unused audio, I think.

Louche posted: »

Dem girls on the swing in their Sunday dresses Where does he say this? and that may be creepy, but he's not necassarily a pedophile. He's a bit of manchild

• Even so, there could be some future conflict between Tripp and Clem because of this. We've already seen he's fairly quick to anger e.g yelling at Clem and getting in her face when she tells him to calm down. I just hope Tripp remains a cool dude.

Spodes posted: »

You can tell Tripp what happened, I'm sure Tripp comprehended the subtext well enough to know what went down.

• It is because all men are mechanics.

Started getting weird when he knew exactly what sort of fuel was in certain containers and he started saying exactly what they were used for. Bro you were a baseball player, not a high level mechanical engineer

• It wasn't nice. [Shudders]

Spodes posted: »

We've been over this before :^).

• So everyone who survived a few years into the apocalypse has extensive knowledge about irrelevant and useless items laying around a junkyard?

famaouz posted: »

Maybe he knows it from experience, it's been 4 years into the apocalypse after all.

• edited January 2017

Tripp is too b̶r̶o̶ poorly written for his own good.

FTFY

Yellowsno posted: »

Tripp is too bro for his own good.

• Looks like a spas 12.

TheMPerson posted: »

Can someone tell me what kind of weapon Clem has- I mean had? Edit: Different pic for better angle

• Hasn't she been through enough?"

my heart

I just noticed before Lee tells Clem Duck is bitten, he looks upward with an incredulous expression and shakes his head as if to say "God, why are you making me tell the little girl this? Hasn't she been through enough?"

• "No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. If a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friend's or of thine own were: any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee."

So, throwback to season 1 here, but this is the entirety of the poem that our hobro Chuck spoke an excerpt from. Maybe this has been discussed before, but it was just something I noticed while playing. The poem means, essentially; that for every person that dies, the world is worse off. In the time that the poem was written, church bells were used to announce when a funeral was happening. So the phrase "Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for the." means: "Not only did the person being mourned today die, but you, or a part of you, and an entire part of humanity died with them."

This not only explains what Chuck did shortly after quoting the poem, but I also think it greatly contributes to the decision of whether or not to drop Ben. The place where you make the decision to drop him (or not) is no coincidence. Every single thing you see and hear in that moment basically spell out for you that the group would be better off without Ben: Kenny gesturing for Lee to drop him, Ben asking him to do the very same, but at the same time, the presence of the bell calls this into question. By dropping him, Lee isn't only letting a worthess piece of fucking shit dipshit teenager fall to his death, but he is dropping a part of himself, and a part of humanity down the tower too. So while the game is basically spelling out to the player that they should drop Ben. It is also giving the more observant player a nudge, and saying "hey, is it really worth it?"

Like I said, I know this piece of symbolism might have already been discussed in the massive thread, but there was no hope of me finding it, and perhaps I elaborated on something the last mention of it didn't, and I just wanted to share because I thought it was one of the most brilliant pieces of symbolism I have ever seen in a game.

• edited January 2017

Yep looks like it... with that added holder for the shells...

Boy there are some users that are coming back from the dead now.

Looks like a spas 12.

• You've done a meaningful connection!

Ava references the poem when she says "no woman is an island" while attempting to convince Clementine to come with her to a safe settlement, suggesting that she believes that humanity is at a loss every time somebody dies.

Ava has so much potential.

• Wow that's really insightful. Thanks for sharing that with us :)

• Too much potential for her own good. She'll have a downgraded model next episode and will be crushed by a piano.

You've done a meaningful connection! Ava references the poem when she says "no woman is an island" while attempting to convince Clementin

• I can picture it already.

Too much potential for her own good. She'll have a downgraded model next episode and will be crushed by a piano.

• This was a good read. Thanks for taking your time to share this with us.

• Bingo.

It was an unused audio, I think.

• Unused dialogue that I'm pretty sure I linked to you a few days ago. And considering he's follows that up with an "Mmm....," I think the intention is pretty clear.

Dem girls on the swing in their Sunday dresses Where does he say this? and that may be creepy, but he's not necassarily a pedophile. He's a bit of manchild

• Ava has so much potential.

That she does. :grin:

You've done a meaningful connection! Ava references the poem when she says "no woman is an island" while attempting to convince Clementin

• True

Tripp is too b̶r̶o̶ poorly written for his own good. FTFY

• First, how can you know that it is useless? Yes, you know it from experience, he maybe tried that fuel and turns out it cannot be used or someone tells it to him when he tries to do so.

So everyone who survived a few years into the apocalypse has extensive knowledge about irrelevant and useless items laying around a junkyard?

• I'm out and about so i cant look it up at the moment, but he's not simply saying if they'd work or not. He knows their uses, exactly what they're called, etc.

"Hmm I tried that type of fuel at that last place... nearly flooded the engine" would be reasonable to say. "That is asphexalene and is often used for welding purposes yet it will not work on my van" Is a bit out of character even for a character that we barely know. (Totally made up that name btw)

famaouz posted: »

First, how can you know that it is useless? Yes, you know it from experience, he maybe tried that fuel and turns out it cannot be used or someone tells it to him when he tries to do so.

• enter image description here
    Looks like Telltale updated the game

• So this isnt 100% fact, but as we all know, Kenny was a reused/partially reused model of David, looks like I found Jane's

• How do you even get the "tried to negotiate" outcome? If you try to talk to them they'll literally say they aren't there for a negotiation. I would test this for myself but with no rewind feature I don't feel like replaying the episode.

Megaodg33 posted: »

Looks like Telltale updated the game

• I don't know, this woman actually looks like a person while Jane looks like a chipmunk creature.

Poogers555 posted: »

So this isnt 100% fact, but as we all know, Kenny was a reused/partially reused model of David, looks like I found Jane's

• Maybe if you continue to be silent after that?

How do you even get the "tried to negotiate" outcome? If you try to talk to them they'll literally say they aren't there for a negotiation. I would test this for myself but with no rewind feature I don't feel like replaying the episode.

• Look at the Jacket design, plus the marks on the neck, and overall shape of head and ears.

I don't know, this woman actually looks like a person while Jane looks like a chipmunk creature.

• Is that a background character? I don't immediately remember.

So this isnt 100% fact, but as we all know, Kenny was a reused/partially reused model of David, looks like I found Jane's

• Jesus, they really spent about 3 minutes making these models for Kenny and Jane, didn't they?

Look at the Jacket design, plus the marks on the neck, and overall shape of head and ears.

• They show up in the background a few times, this one was after Clem shoots Eli.

Is that a background character? I don't immediately remember.

• What is up with these reaction image screenshots in this game?

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

After Badger cuts off Francine's finger, stay silent. He'll start counting down from five in response. Choose the "We can work this out" option as he's counting down.

How do you even get the "tried to negotiate" outcome? If you try to talk to them they'll literally say they aren't there for a negotiation. I would test this for myself but with no rewind feature I don't feel like replaying the episode.

• Didn't catch that, but I'm not surprised - makes sense why I didn't remember that. Thanks!

They show up in the background a few times, this one was after Clem shoots Eli.

• I'm tryin' to decide if this was clever or not...

Look at the Jacket design, plus the marks on the neck, and overall shape of head and ears.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.