Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about The Walking Dead

Comments

• I have no idea what your talking about.

Deltino posted: »

You know, this reminds of something else that has bugged me Why is there a random sepia vignette around the screen during this scene?

• A vignette, which is an effect that darkens the corners of your screen to make it look dim or to clarify the objects in the scene.

Deltino is referring to the 'sepia vignette' which is just the effect with a brown-ish tint.

A what now?

• It would have been cool if they slipped in some kind of reaction from Clementine in this scene though, now that I think about it. Like, have her stare at a splotch of blood on the ground where Kenny died or something.

Making our S2 endings have a bigger impact? Yes please.

Was this intentional? Or were Telltale just lazy again? I doubt it was intentional. They probably figured no one would recognize tha

• You know, when I think of it, this whole season has some weird tint to it. Almost like there is a filter over the screen. Most of it is yellow scale. And in the dark, it's blue scale. I think one of the main reasons I don't feel like I'm playing TWD when I play S3 is because it doesn't have that original grey scale that season 1 had.

You know, this reminds of something else that has bugged me Why is there a random sepia vignette around the screen during this scene?

• The two possible openings of "Give No Shelter" of the Michonne Miniseries, placed side by side, provide us with a constant juxtaposition between Zachary's killing of Greg and Samantha's murder of Zachary.

juxtaposition

• Oh, that's really cool!

The two possible openings of "Give No Shelter" of the Michonne Miniseries, placed side by side, provide us with a constant juxtaposition between Zachary's killing of Greg and Samantha's murder of Zachary.

• At this rate Javier dies in S3 we get a season 4 and play 100% as Clem and are reminded how S3 made S2's story worthless and then season 3 became worthless.

• Can't wait for another Lee dream and they replace Lee with Alvin's model.

"No one will notice."

• Ah, thank you for the explanation.

A vignette, which is an effect that darkens the corners of your screen to make it look dim or to clarify the objects in the scene. Deltino is referring to the 'sepia vignette' which is just the effect with a brown-ish tint.

• Even better!

(Jesus Christ if Lee does get a dream he probs will be a reused Conrad)

• It's a problem that I could totally see Telltale doing that.

Poogers555 posted: »

Even better! (Jesus Christ if Lee does get a dream he probs will be a reused Conrad)

• Exactly. They wouldn't even try, just make Conrad wear Lee's purple shirt and "Yup looks fuckin great!"

It's a problem that I could totally see Telltale doing that.

• It is! I had always liked the fly on the ceiling shots that give both situations perspective, but never knew where to post them until now.

AgentZ46 posted: »

Oh, that's really cool!

• "Hey man... got any aspirin?"

Yeah that's what I did my first run, it was incredible. Nick should've been drunk 24/7 so he'd constantly perform these ridiculous feats.

• edited January 2017

Lee does get a dream he probs will be a reused Conrad

Nah they wont reuse Conrad's model...

... my money's on Christa's.

Exactly. They wouldn't even try, just make Conrad wear Lee's purple shirt and "Yup looks fuckin great!"

• Am I the only one who dislikes Season 3's new graphics?

• Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about The Walking Dead

Am I the only one who dislikes Season 3's new graphics?

• Yeah, that's my thought as well.

Even better! (Jesus Christ if Lee does get a dream he probs will be a reused Conrad)

• They forgot about who she is a long time ago. They'd have to recreate her in the first place since different engines

TheMPerson posted: »

Lee does get a dream he probs will be a reused Conrad Nah they wont reuse Conrad's model... ... my money's on Christa's.

• [removed]

Lee does get a dream he probs will be a reused Conrad Nah they wont reuse Conrad's model... ... my money's on Christa's.

• Holy shit. How did I miss this amazing detail?

Am I the only one who dislikes Season 3's new graphics?

• It could be Carver's wife. There were some unused lines in Season 2 Episode 3 which is Carver mentioning his wife.

• edited January 2017

Okay, two things:

1. Do you know who exactly says those lines? I heard there was some unused backstory on Carver within the game but I have yet to here it myself.

2. If that's his wife, who Daze mistook for Sarah,then....

enter image description here

AronDracula posted: »

It could be Carver's wife. There were some unused lines in Season 2 Episode 3 which is Carver mentioning his wife.

• Another unused backstory lines is that Carver used to be an engineer. Maybe that's why he runs his community at the Hardware Store

DabigRG posted: »

Okay, two things: * Do you know who exactly says those lines? I heard there was some unused backstory on Carver within the game but I have yet to here it myself. * If that's his wife, who Daze mistook for Sarah,then....

• And thus yet another example of perfectly good characterization is revealed. So Carver, who egotistically compares himself to Clementine, is an engineer--just like Ed.

AronDracula posted: »

Another unused backstory lines is that Carver used to be an engineer. Maybe that's why he runs his community at the Hardware Store

• Christ. It's getting harder and harder for me to defend this game.

• Zachary's killing of Greg and Samantha's murder of Zachary.

Hmm i dunno why your distinguishing between killing and murder, both murdered someone in an intense standoff

The two possible openings of "Give No Shelter" of the Michonne Miniseries, placed side by side, provide us with a constant juxtaposition between Zachary's killing of Greg and Samantha's murder of Zachary.

• They'll probably forget that she's a female.

Sparkeagle posted: »

They forgot about who she is a long time ago. They'd have to recreate her in the first place since different engines

• edited January 2017

In S1E1, Clementine says she has to go pee but is attacked by a zombie in the bathroom before she can.
    After Lee and Carley kill the zombie, Clem doesn't go back to the bathroom. She doesn't seem to have to pee at all.

Draw your own conclusions.

• She probably pissed herself. Who wouldn't in that situation.

Louche posted: »

In S1E1, Clementine says she has to go pee but is attacked by a zombie in the bathroom before she can. After Lee and Carley kill the zombie, Clem doesn't go back to the bathroom. She doesn't seem to have to pee at all. Draw your own conclusions.

• enter image description here

She probably pissed herself. Who wouldn't in that situation.

• I believe it's because Zachary didn't kill Greg on purpose.

Zachary's killing of Greg and Samantha's murder of Zachary. Hmm i dunno why your distinguishing between killing and murder, both murdered someone in an intense standoff

• Why didn't Reggie ask about Luke? He asks about Pete who is dead so he always says it but adds Nick if he determinately dies and understands why since he is reckless. He might not want to ask more if Nick dies since two people are dead but if Pete is the only one dead why didn't he care about Luke's well-being?

• Carver, who egotistically compares himself to Clementine

What comparing people has to do with egoism?

DabigRG posted: »

And thus yet another example of perfectly good characterization is revealed. So Carver, who egotistically compares himself to Clementine, is an engineer--just like Ed.

• The same reason of why he didn't ask about Nick's mom, who got bitten and forgotten after they escaped from Carvers.

Why didn't Reggie ask about Luke? He asks about Pete who is dead so he always says it but adds Nick if he determinately dies and understands

• Considering he was going on about how they are strong and how they should order people around with a ruthless streak, I'd say quite a bit in this case. It also edges into that thing where the main character being popular out of universe makes characters in universe treat them specially, so there's that too.

fallandir posted: »

Carver, who egotistically compares himself to Clementine What comparing people has to do with egoism?

• That's a great point. If there was a conscious reason, maybe Luke was originally planning to turn around for him when he fell or something but kept running anyway.

Why didn't Reggie ask about Luke? He asks about Pete who is dead so he always says it but adds Nick if he determinately dies and understands

• Because it's S2 what we're talking about.

• Robert Kirkman confirmed in a recent Letter Hacks that the timeskip from the comics was more than 2 years, so your timeline is right, we're atleast 5 years into the outbreak

Is there any chance that the wikia is just completely wrong and it's actually a year more in the comics? So five years in the comics and alm

• "Fuck you, motherfucker!"

(smashes jar of whiskey over a walkers face)

"Hey man... got any aspirin?"

Sign in to comment in this discussion.