The Thread of general TWD-related questions

Comments

• I think a few are, I remember for a fact that Bonnie reuses Carley's jacket/most of her model in season 1.

DabigRG posted: »

Are all the 400 Days characters reused models of older characters?

• Probably should've indicated that I was joking, but eh.

Clemenem posted: »

If that's the case that's really stupid and Kirkman should stay the hell away from Telltale Games

• Does Nates truck reappear at the pitstop after Russels story? It had two wheels shot out so I assume it became part of the wall to fortify the place... unless Nate fixed it up.

• edited January 2017

"Better get out the least feminine teenager!"

You talkin about Becca or Michelle?

Governer, etc

They toned down the rapist side in the show but it's not totally gone. He sexually harasses/abuses one female character, makes her take her top off and gropes her a bit, but doesn't do much woese than that.

Compared to what he did in the comic, he's a goddamn saint in the show.

Whaat? She's one of the few characters who doesn't even have her own avatar option here. It's criminal. And underneath her edgy demeanor is

• Hmm...maybe. Though don't be surprised if Kenny is the highest and Carver/Arvo is the lowest.

• In terms of general consensus. All of them may have some degree of division between love and hate, but those two are likely bathed in the hate category for obvious reasons.

• What hobbies do you think the characters have/had?

• edited January 2017

Repeats

How old are each of the Garcia's?

Okay, question that requires thorough knowledge of gameplay and cutscene details: In the event that you don't help Luke push the cannon to the gate on the observation deck, does the game over cutscene take Sarah into account? Also, if you don't make a choice regarding her in the trailer, does it make it clear what happens to Jane?

Know I've asked this twice or more, but if we had actually gotten Luke: Civil War, who do you think would choose to be on his Team or Kenny's, even if they weren't around at the time? .

What does art history entail and why would it be significant to Luke?

• edited February 2017

You talkin about Becca or Michelle?

Should've saw that one coming--Becca.

They toned down the rapist side in the show but it's not totally gone. He sexually harasses/abuses one female character, makes her take her top off and gropes her a bit, but doesn't do much woese than that.

Compared to what he did in the comic, he's a goddamn saint in the show.

Nice.

Louche posted: »

"Better get out the least feminine teenager!" You talkin about Becca or Michelle? Governer, etc They toned down the ra

• Here's an important that I didn't put much thought into till now: Jane herself is one thing,but what exactly was Kenny's reasons for not liking Jane as much as he did?

• I think he just sees her as irresponsible as he blames her for distracting Luke and stealing from Arvo. I got this from him saying "I don't like leaving him with that girl", referring to AJ. He seems to think she is not mature enough to handle the situation based on past experiences.

Here's an important that I didn't put much thought into till now: Jane herself is one thing,but what exactly was Kenny's reasons for not liking Jane as much as he did?

• Okay, that makes sense. Cause I realizes there was no direct reason for him to dislike her at the beginning for No Going Back aside from what Arvo said, as I don't think he knew anything about Jaime or what she tried to do to Sarah.

Racer17 posted: »

I think he just sees her as irresponsible as he blames her for distracting Luke and stealing from Arvo. I got this from him saying "I don't

• I meant at first. That was just fuel for the fire.

• Okay, real talk: Does anyone here actually wish Carver had stuck around in some capacity?

• Here ya go.
    enter image description here

Why the hell did you let go the chance of killing Kenny, Nick?

• Kind of. I think he had some real potential to become a well developed, long term villain.

I still really did like him, though. He actually scared me almost as much as the Stranger, who really fucking gave me chills.

Okay, real talk: Does anyone here actually wish Carver had stuck around in some capacity?

• When and in what dialogue did Kenny or Katjaa tell Lee about him rescuing a sick octopus before he met Katjaa and having a dog that died before the outbreak?

• Carver's my favourite of all non-playable characters and I actually consider him well-written. I belive most of Carver's development was hidden or hinted and never explained (George, Pete, Howe's story, etc), so I just suffer alone and mournfully collect berries to honor his memory.

Okay, real talk: Does anyone here actually wish Carver had stuck around in some capacity?

• Has there ever been an interview with Nick Breckon, Pierre Shorrette, etc.?

• Following up the proceedings of my first impression, why did people initially consider Carver to be such a great character compared to all others at the time?

• Hey, I know I probably brought this up in the past, but apparently there's an instance of someone hiding under a dead body to avoid being eaten by walkers. WtF?

• Yes, it can still be seen at the beginning of Shel's Story.

Does Nates truck reappear at the pitstop after Russels story? It had two wheels shot out so I assume it became part of the wall to fortify the place... unless Nate fixed it up.

• The only instance of that happening that I can remember is in the tv show when Nicholas fell on Glenn or there's the time Rick laid under a dead walker so the rest of the walkers would go for Shane.

Hey, I know I probably brought this up in the past, but apparently there's an instance of someone hiding under a dead body to avoid being eaten by walkers. WtF?

• Rick hiding under a walker makes sense. Glenn hiding under this Nicholas guy, who I assume was either freshly dead or barely alive, sounds like bullshit.

Backdraft posted: »

The only instance of that happening that I can remember is in the tv show when Nicholas fell on Glenn or there's the time Rick laid under a dead walker so the rest of the walkers would go for Shane.

• Yeah the Glenn thing was a bit of a stretch to try to trick people into thinking he was dead.

Rick hiding under a walker makes sense. Glenn hiding under this Nicholas guy, who I assume was either freshly dead or barely alive, sounds like bullshit.

• How old are each of the Garcia's?

Javier: Late 20s-Early 30s, I'd guess.

Kate: Late 20s-Early 30s.

Marianna: 9-10 years. She seems to be a little older than Clementine was when we first met her, so I reckon she's about 10 at most.

Gabe: 14-15 years.

David: Mid 30s, I say. Probably about the same age as Lee.

Know I've asked this twice or more, but if we had actually gotten Luke: Civil War, who do you think would choose to be on his Team or Kenny's, even if they weren't around at the time? .

Really, I'd say most of the group would've taken Luke's side. I mean, for one, he was a much more easier guy to get along with and for the Cabin Group, they'd know him a lot longer. The only person I could see maybe taking Kenny's side is Clementine, and even that would rely heavily on a player choice.

What does art history entail and why would it be significant to Luke?

Well, I study art history, so I know a bit or two about it. It's basically where you learn the actual history of art, such as the techniques and whatnot that were used to create the effect the artist was striving for, and what influenced their piece. It can range from studying very early art such as new grange in Ireland to the works of the Renaissance period, such as Da Vinci. It's fairly boring, to be honest, at least in Ireland, and mostly involves writing essays. I've no idea how it's taught in the United States, though.

How any of that applies to Luke, I really couldn't say either.

Repeats How old are each of the Garcia's? Okay, question that requires thorough knowledge of gameplay and cutscene details: In the eve

• edited February 2017

Wasn't he under the body while walkers were eating it? Cauze thats what makes it dumb.

Backdraft posted: »

Yeah the Glenn thing was a bit of a stretch to try to trick people into thinking he was dead.

• Gabe: 14-15 years old

Actually, I recall it being mentioned that he was also 13 but I don't remember the context.

Really, I'd say most of the group would've taken Luke's side. I mean, for one, he was a much more easier guy to get along with and for the Cabin Group, they'd know him a lot longer. The only person I could see maybe taking Kenny's side is Clementine, and even that would rely heavily on a player choice.

Good point. Though, I'd say that Sarita and maybe Walter (and Matthew and Reggie) would be inclined to back him up while still trying to keep things peaceful.

Well, I study art history, so I know a bit or two about it. It's basically where you learn the actual history of art, such as the techniques and whatnot that were used to create the effect the artist was striving for, and what influenced their piece. It can range from studying very early art such as new grange in Ireland to the works of the Renaissance period, such as Da Vinci. It's fairly boring, to be honest, at least in Ireland, and mostly involves writing essays. I've no idea how it's taught in the United States, though.

How any of that applies to Luke, I really couldn't say either.

That's neat! So I guess its just a little more detailed than I would've thought. I guess it does give the impression that Farm boy Luke has an appreciation for creativity and/or had his head in the clouds.

OneWayNoWay posted: »

How old are each of the Garcia's? Javier: Late 20s-Early 30s, I'd guess. Kate: Late 20s-Early 30s. Marianna: 9-10 years. She s

• What is the distinction among character development, which seems to be used in different meanings and contexts at times?

• Having seen a picture of him, is Clementine meant to be a foil to Carl from the TVShow?

• I think it's in unused audio.

ZombiePizza posted: »

When and in what dialogue did Kenny or Katjaa tell Lee about him rescuing a sick octopus before he met Katjaa and having a dog that died before the outbreak?

• Repeats

Would a MtG Color Wheel thread be too niche a topic? This is coming from someone who doesn't really know much about the game itself, btw..

Somewhere in this communities, there is a picture with all of the villains apparently plotting against Clementine. Does anyone have a copy of it?

Were people really surprised that Taavia was talking about Carver at Howe's Hardware?

Okay, I know I asked a similar question before, but does anyone actually like Wyatt himself?

What is every character's color and weapon of choice?

I know I asked this general question before but: What exactly happens to the people who get bitten and/or pass away and turn? As in, their consciousness?

• Has there ever been an interview with Nick Breckon, Pierre Shorrette, etc.?

Following up the proceedings of my first impression, why did people initially consider Carver to be such a great character compared to all others at the time?
    How much time had passed between 400 Days and Season 2?

• edited February 2017

Here's one I find myself going back and forth on every blue moon: Was Nick being one of the most complex and welldeveloped characters of Season 2 ultimately a good thing or not?

• I do wish he had a bigger role in Season 2, and I do wish that his attitude from Episode 2 wasn't degraded into a generic and tyrannical fool that had only served as a distraction to the plot as opposed to a genuine threat that makes a lasting impression on Clementine.

• edited February 2017

That's clearly what Nick Breckon was originally going for, but something(read:a lot) was lost in the transition to Pierre Shorette. That episode is so bare bones that you can practically see where there was originally more story content to be had. Case in point:enter image description hereenter image description here
    enter image description here
    (That last one is cheating, but still counts.)

RichWalk23 posted: »

I do wish he had a bigger role in Season 2, and I do wish that his attitude from Episode 2 wasn't degraded into a generic and tyrannical foo

• For Da Mods: What are the odds of bots signing on to this community?

• He was?

Oh, not like he had any competition I guess.

Here's one I find myself going back and forth on every blue moon: Was Nick being one of the most complex and welldeveloped characters of Season 2 ultimately a good thing or not?

• edited February 2017

He was?

Oh, not like he had any competition I guess.

Yeah, I didn't believe it either--then I saw his face! For extra context, look up the 400 Days and Season 2 character page on TV Tropes and judge how long and detailed Nick and Sarah's pages are compared to the rest of the group.

MarijaaNo7 posted: »

He was? Oh, not like he had any competition I guess.

• Am I the only one who thinks Kate is sort of dumb?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.