Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about The Walking Dead

Comments

• edited February 2017

This may have already been pointed out but did Clem's hat have those two holes at the back of it before? If not is that supposed to be a sign of age? Or was the hat shot/damaged on purpose? (Without Clem wearing it obviously)
    enter image description here

Theory that someone put her hat on and she shot them

EDIT: Turns out it's been like that since the 16 month time skip of "All That Remains" as pointed out by Davissons

• A vampire bit her, that's why she's immortal.

Gameserer posted: »

This may have already been pointed out but did Clem's hat have those two holes at the back of it before? If not is that supposed to be a sig

• edited February 2017

Nah, I don't think so. In the Ben scene the walkie talkie is down a hole in the roof of a building, not on a wooden board. I'm pretty sure that's them deciding what to do with the walkie talkie in ep 3.

Though interestingly in that scene, 'mike' I think uses the same model as the bandit who attacked Christa who people think was intended to be him originally.

I think those are all fake. Im saying this because at the very least image 3 is, thats the scene from episode 5 if ben is dead. You can even see the dropped radio. Someone just swapped some season 2 character models into the scene

• Isn't that from when Lee got attacked and bitten picking up the hat?

This may have already been pointed out but did Clem's hat have those two holes at the back of it before? If not is that supposed to be a sig

• No I checked. There's no damage on her hat when she's in the jewelry store after.

Flog61 posted: »

Isn't that from when Lee got attacked and bitten picking up the hat?

• I think it's supposed to be a sign of age/wear.

She gets it in Season 2 after the 16 month timeskip (seen here).

• edited February 2017

Though interestingly in that scene, 'mike' I think uses the same model as the bandit who attacked Christa who people think was intended to be him originally.

He was/is. Dan White confirmed it in an interview and even explained that Mike's scar and damaged ear is a result of that. Also, it's not the same model: there is an otherwise unused model of Mike with his hoodie up that that title uses.

Flog61 posted: »

Nah, I don't think so. In the Ben scene the walkie talkie is down a hole in the roof of a building, not on a wooden board. I'm pretty sure t

• Oh okay. Thanks for clearing that up.

Davissons posted: »

I think it's supposed to be a sign of age/wear. She gets it in Season 2 after the 16 month timeskip (seen here).

• Huh, I like "Alvie" better than "AJ".

I think it's supposed to be a sign of age/wear. She gets it in Season 2 after the 16 month timeskip (seen here).

• Nah, that's how it looks in game, too. Those are the official chapter images.

I think those are all fake. Im saying this because at the very least image 3 is, thats the scene from episode 5 if ben is dead. You can even see the dropped radio. Someone just swapped some season 2 character models into the scene

• I think the real reason they reused it is much simpler-- they couldn't get a convincing enough scream out of the voice actress, so they just reused a good scream they already had.

There's a few unused screams from Sarita's voice actress in the game files, meant for that scene. They're... not really that convincing.

-Stewart- posted: »

Maybe I'm over thinking, but do you think they may have used the same scream for Sarita & the lady outside the pharmacy (season 1) as a

• Alvie felt more like Kenny's nickname for her. I think that's literally the only dialogue option where she calls him Alvie.

fallandir posted: »

Huh, I like "Alvie" better than "AJ".

• I feel like they should use his full name more often, call him "Alvin", to get him accustomed to his real name. Imagine him being older and introducing himself.

Random someone: Hello, person! What is your name?
    AJ: It's AJ.
    RS: Oh, cool nickname! It's short from what exactly?
    AJ: ...
    AJ: Goofball?
    RS: ...
    RS: You're not really good with alphabet, right?

AgentZ46 posted: »

Alvie felt more like Kenny's nickname for her. I think that's literally the only dialogue option where she calls him Alvie.

• OMG Priceless

He won't make it that far it's Telltale what we're talkin bout

I feel like they should use his full name more often, call him "Alvin", to get him accustomed to his real name. Imagine him being older and

• Wha? When did she say that?

• TT HQ

"sir we should keep AJ's character alive and develop it as a symbol of strenght, fight and hop-"
    "get rid of him"
    "but sir we'll disappoint fans again"
    "write him a sad death scene and they'll be fine"

OMG Priceless He won't make it that far it's Telltale what we're talkin bout

• It's a determinant way of calming him down

ZombiePizza posted: »

Wha? When did she say that?

• She can actually call him a whiny jerk?

It's a determinant way of calming him down

• Of course.

TT HQ "sir we should keep AJ's character alive and develop it as a symbol of strenght, fight and hop-" "get rid of him" "but sir we'll disappoint fans again" "write him a sad death scene and they'll be fine"

• "Calm him down"

This Clementine will grow into being and abusive big sister.

• Well, she can cover his mouth with her hand to keep him quiet in the S3E2 flashback.

Plus after months/years of taking care of him alone she's bound to get frustrated with him at times anyway.

"Calm him down" This Clementine will grow into being and abusive big sister.

• Yep

Ekelund21 posted: »

She can actually call him a whiny jerk?

• Well, she can cover his mouth with her hand to keep him quiet in the S3E2 flashback.

Shiiit, if there were flesh eating monster trying to get me and he was crying I would do the same.

Plus after months/years of taking care of him alone she's bound to get frustrated with him at times anyway.

I get frustrated just thinking about children.

Well, she can cover his mouth with her hand to keep him quiet in the S3E2 flashback. Plus after months/years of taking care of him alone she's bound to get frustrated with him at times anyway.

• Does it actually calm him down?

What if you pick the silence dialogue option, does he calm down anyway?

• What if you pick the silence dialogue option, does he calm down anyway?

Yes, because if it does not, it would trigger different version of this scene, which simply does not exist.

ZombiePizza posted: »

Does it actually calm him down? What if you pick the silence dialogue option, does he calm down anyway?

• edited February 2017

How do you get to them?

Deltino posted: »

Nah, that's how it looks in game, too. Those are the official chapter images.

• edited February 2017

[removed]

Nah, that's how it looks in game, too. Those are the official chapter images.

• edited February 2017

Really now? That does make the most realistic sense. I'll give em a listen if I can find them.
    Edit: Wow, those(?) are terrible. And some of the later stuff frankly sounds gross.

I think the real reason they reused it is much simpler-- they couldn't get a convincing enough scream out of the voice actress, so they just

• edited February 2017

People were talking about Clem's hat so here it is up close and personal. Also, people can't seem to agree on the color of Clementine's hat. Please take this quick poll so we can decide. https://strawpoll.com/zc5zebs

Also, Clementine's plaid shirt doesn't have actual holes in it.

• That is one crusty ass hat.

People were talking about Clem's hat so here it is up close and personal. Also, people can't seem to agree on the color of Clementine's hat.

• I thought she had her entrails ripped out for a second.

People were talking about Clem's hat so here it is up close and personal. Also, people can't seem to agree on the color of Clementine's hat.

• In the comic book when Glenn and Rick are on a building Glenn actually calls the walkers zombies

Ha! Guess the comic book wasn't flawless either

• edited February 2017

Those chapter thumbnails bring to mind the weird chapter called "Failure to communicate"

It's just Clem going to the comic shop and getting found by Troy and slapped.
    It's less than two minutes. A full chapter.

Makes me wonder if parts were cut out or if Troy would have been featured more somehow. Maybe a longer search for Luke and a more violent confrontation with Troy.

• Well, you see, it isn't that the term zombie doesn't exist in TWD, it's modern zombie culture that doesn't exist.

The 'zombie' we all know and love was popularized by the Romero films and what such. In TWD universe, those movies were never created, therefore, the popular concept of the 'zombie' doesn't exist in that world.

The word itself still exists, it just carries different connotations in the world of TWD.

Backdraft posted: »

In the comic book when Glenn and Rick are on a building Glenn actually calls the walkers zombies Ha! Guess the comic book wasn't flawless either

• Maybe someone thought "Hey, this is a cool name for a chapter, and what happens in this section fits with the title, so let's just make it a chapter"

I mean, there are some books out there with chapters that are literally a single paragraph, or sometimes even less. The usual reason? The author thought it was a neat idea.

Louche posted: »

Those chapter thumbnails bring to mind the weird chapter called "Failure to communicate" It's just Clem going to the comic shop and getti

• Yeah, that is kinda random. Maybe that Troy bossfight/redemption arc wasn't so far-fetched after all.

Those chapter thumbnails bring to mind the weird chapter called "Failure to communicate" It's just Clem going to the comic shop and getti

• edited February 2017

Sure, why not? While they were at it, they could've added "Heartless," "The Pimp's Prayer," and "The New Boat."

Maybe someone thought "Hey, this is a cool name for a chapter, and what happens in this section fits with the title, so let's just make it a

• edited February 2017

There was still no point in making it a full separate chapter and it sticks out like a sore thumb.

Maybe someone thought "Hey, this is a cool name for a chapter, and what happens in this section fits with the title, so let's just make it a

• edited February 2017

Yawn.
    But on that subject, the chapter names in season 1 and 2 are usually pretty cool
    Like the name of the chapter in the bell tower where Ben can die is "for whom the bell tolls" (RIP Chuck)

• The best chapter name is undoubtedly 'The Woods'

Yawn. But on that subject, the chapter names in season 1 and 2 are usually pretty cool Like the name of the chapter in the bell tower where Ben can die is "for whom the bell tolls" (RIP Chuck)

Sign in to comment in this discussion.