• IS LEE STILL ALIVE?

• IS HE GOING TO RETURN?

• You can't be serious...

Zambie88 posted: »

IS HE GOING TO RETURN?

• I'm guessing you're new.

IS LEE STILL ALIVE?

• Be real, the endings only affect one flashback and possibly a tiny bit of future dialogue. My ending was leaving with Kenny though; ditching Wellington, and I loved that ending so much because it gave me this ecstasy due to not leaving Kenny and favoring friendship (Kenny is like an uncle though) over Wellington's supposed security (which it should be, but a couple of bandits run it over because it's season 3 :^))

Generally speaking, do you think the ending you got in s2 affects how much you care about AJ? I got the Kenny ending and my lasts words t

• IS HE GOING TO RETURN?

No, his death made season 1 even better, and most importantly died for Clementine.

IS HE GOING TO RETURN?

• I meant in the players perspective, not Clem's attitude actually being affected by her ending.

Spodes posted: »

Be real, the endings only affect one flashback and possibly a tiny bit of future dialogue. My ending was leaving with Kenny though; ditching

• Oh, well then maybe, some people hated AJ (primarily this community) but I actually cared for AJ since he was born (and holy fuck some people didn't hold the baby when Rebecca asks if you want to...). It's all subjective on how the first impression is I believe, it's a hit or miss, but most people liked AJ and now Clem is the surrogate mother essentially, just like Lee was Clem's surrogate father, so regardless of ending, I care about AJ, and I don't think there's much in a short ending that would change people's mindset on him. At the most I could think of the alone ending (Telltale made this the actually only canon ending because too many endings for them) being one to have a memory with, as you cover AJ and yourself in blood (if I recall) and walk through the horde, but personally I loved leaving with Kenny more and have always supported him (other than his idea to jump out of the truck and attack Carver's men).

I meant in the players perspective, not Clem's attitude actually being affected by her ending.

• The Leave with Kenny ending was beautiful until they ruined it in Season 3. Now I always stay at Wellington to spare me that horrible 5 minutes flashback

Oh, well then maybe, some people hated AJ (primarily this community) but I actually cared for AJ since he was born (and holy fuck some peopl

• Really? I still stay with Kenny because that will (hopefully) stick with Clem and it'd be Kenny over Wellington. Also Wellington's flashback is probably worse than Jane's (considering I detest Jane) because they hyped that secure place up throughout season 2 only to destroy it by a few bandits; but Kenny's is the worst flashback by far in my opinion, I just don't mind it much because I can barely tell that it's Kenny due to his model and the horribly written scene, I just don't accept his death really, but prefer Clem to have a Kenny scar regardless. Speaking of Clem: Do you like Clem this season? Doesn't she feel out of character when compared to her previous seasons? Clementine just feels off this season and I hate it, hopefully that's fixed next episode, also nice name, those are all my favorite characters of this game (Clem being 1st, Lee 2nd, and Kenny 3rd).

LeeClemKen posted: »

The Leave with Kenny ending was beautiful until they ruined it in Season 3. Now I always stay at Wellington to spare me that horrible 5 minutes flashback

• A point I raised in reference to the flashbacks themselves, but I'll ask it regarding the endings: Do you think it would've made sense if there was an alternate Jane ending similar to the leave with Kenny one?

• You're referring to an alternate Jane ending for season 2 that's like Kenny's in a way? Possibly, but Jane was very selfish and I can't imagine her doing something altruistic that could compete with Kenny's ending, but who knows.

DabigRG posted: »

A point I raised in reference to the flashbacks themselves, but I'll ask it regarding the endings: Do you think it would've made sense if there was an alternate Jane ending similar to the leave with Kenny one?

• Do you think there is any correlation between players who didn't hold AJ/didn't protect him during the shootout and certain s2 endings?

Oh, well then maybe, some people hated AJ (primarily this community) but I actually cared for AJ since he was born (and holy fuck some peopl

• So, whoever died at the rest stop in s2e5 turned into a walker, right?

• No, because none of them are anti-AJ necessarily, and Clem can take care of him just fine alone, etc.

Do you think there is any correlation between players who didn't hold AJ/didn't protect him during the shootout and certain s2 endings?

• Maybe, Jane's heart was pierced (not sure if they become walkers that considered since they only talk about brains, but Larry was going to turn so probably) and Kenny didn't get shot in the brain, so probably.

So, whoever died at the rest stop in s2e5 turned into a walker, right?

• Yeah, the only thing that matters is the brain when it comes to reanimation. We have even seen completely decapitated heads that have reanimated.

One other thing I was thinking about when I posted this question was that walkers are known to freeze when they get cold enough. With the blizzard they were in and Jane's blood loss, I thought it was possible that she reanimated but froze until the spring.

Maybe, Jane's heart was pierced (not sure if they become walkers that considered since they only talk about brains, but Larry was going to turn so probably) and Kenny didn't get shot in the brain, so probably.

• Well if you killed Kenny and/or Jane, they both become walkers eventually, especially since you can't shoot Kenny in the head (correct?), which would've been a really good ending just like Lee's death (hey if you let Lee turn, fuck that, or maybe those people just thought he could some how live). At that point, if we could shoot Kenny in the head to make sure he doesn't turn, it would be like season 1 Clem shooting Lee in the head so he doesn't turn, and then (arguably) shooting Lee's best friend, Kenny, in the head as well, would've made that ending even better (the speech was great if you kill him and at Wellington, they did was very well-done in my opinion, made me tear).

Keep in mind a lot of my post above was my opinion for those who may reply with "fuk u meng i let lee become a walker".

Yeah, the only thing that matters is the brain when it comes to reanimation. We have even seen completely decapitated heads that have reanim

• edited March 2017

You're right , she does feel out of character, especially in that bar scene , considering that in my playtrough she never killed anyone before.

Really? I still stay with Kenny because that will (hopefully) stick with Clem and it'd be Kenny over Wellington. Also Wellington's flashback

• especially since you can't shoot Kenny in the head (correct?)

If you choose to let Kenny kill Jane, you can have Clementine shoot him in the head afterwards.

Well if you killed Kenny and/or Jane, they both become walkers eventually, especially since you can't shoot Kenny in the head (correct?), wh

• Yeah she really does, she's acting so irrational this season; not thinking smart, and is going downhill this season I believe. I also believe they didn't age her correctly as her character model doesn't match the criteria from previous Clementine's well enough (e.g. a bit bigger nose, yellow-green eyes they removed in season 3, light-dark ish skin like season 2 since she's Asian/African-American, etc.) and her voice is a bit darker/mature for a 13-year-old. The season 1 transition to season 2 Clementine was perfect; I saw a clear and defined change that wasn't just "Oh yeah! Clem still has her hat and other key symbols", as season 3 feels like (really if you take away the hat, hair bands, scar, etc. it really goes to show how off she looks). So yeah, I don't like where she's going this season in general, and it's made me detest this season even more. Clem has never murdered someone before, but now she's killed Eli out of horrible gun safety (contradicting her own season 2 gun advice to Sarah) and instead of telling the truth (never lied before), she wants you to cover up for her after she's just killed a man like it's nothing; and yes, Eli did deserve what he got, but Clem doing this action is out-of-character as she's controlled herself in the past to not act out of impulse as she's done in season 3 it feels like, and she even joined some ominous fascist-like group that gave her a heat-stamped tattoo, and despite saying "fuck off" to them, you're forced to making Clementine an ex-New Frontier member, and the choice is so blatantly disregarded, it just changes one dialogue sentence (Oh the persuasion!) a few seconds later, but I'll try to stop ranting here, I can go on for a while, but this has been a long enough paragraph already.

You're right , she does feel out of character, especially in that bar scene , considering that in my playtrough she never killed anyone before.

• Oh, not going to watch it since it's going to make me sad, but I believe you, just odd that you can only do that after Jane dies as I see it as a "respect" type of action that should be done to anyone if they're worth the bullet to keep them from turning into a walker. Did Kenny ask to be shot in the head though and does he also give his speech like, "You did the right thing, Clem", etc.?

hemfbg posted: »

especially since you can't shoot Kenny in the head (correct?) If you choose to let Kenny kill Jane, you can have Clementine shoot him in the head afterwards.

• Clem pulls the gun on him and he stays quiet for a couple of seconds then says "Do it".

Then she pulls the trigger. Really fucked up ending, feels completely out of place for Clems character.

Oh, not going to watch it since it's going to make me sad, but I believe you, just odd that you can only do that after Jane dies as I see it

• But even though you shoot him in the head, Jane would have turned and eaten his corpse.

Well if you killed Kenny and/or Jane, they both become walkers eventually, especially since you can't shoot Kenny in the head (correct?), wh

• edited March 2017

Yeah, quite cruel for Clem's character in general, but again there's user choice is involved in season 2, so many things like stealing from Arvo is also out of character, it just kinda seems weird how Kenny would say, "Do it", does Kenny say this in a sad tone, angered tone, or what? Just seems so weird and sudden, and considering Kenny did what was right, and was correct about Jane being a selfish person with her own agenda, walkers getting slow, Wellington, etc., it just feels weird that anyone would actually kill Kenny over beating up Arvo (he should've been put down with his group and he also nearly killed your entire group; endangering two kids as well) and killing Jane while under her pretense that AJ is dead because she couldn't protect him/was irresponsible. Plus, Jane did draw a knife on Kenny which made things worse, so kind of a weird ending, but both Wellington endings are great (until season 3 came along), which I preferred leaving with Kenny as a happy ending.

Graysonn posted: »

Clem pulls the gun on him and he stays quiet for a couple of seconds then says "Do it". Then she pulls the trigger. Really fucked up ending, feels completely out of place for Clems character.

• Can't be sure about that, but maybe (has this happened before?), and regardless, this means Kenny won't become one of the walkers.

But even though you shoot him in the head, Jane would have turned and eaten his corpse.

• Yeah I'm just saying it isn't exactly a peaceful rest like Lee.

Can't be sure about that, but maybe (has this happened before?), and regardless, this means Kenny won't become one of the walkers.

• does Kenny say this in a sad tone, angered tone, or what?

Neither sad or angry... just kind of resigned. I was going by memory but I just watched the video and he says 'Just do it' right after. As if he knows theres nothing he could say to Clem that would change her mind. He does look away though and feels remorseful. Lee would be ashamed of Clem for allowing them both Jane and Kenny to die like that.

Just seems so weird and sudden, and considering Kenny did what was right, and was correct about Jane being a selfish person with her own agenda, walkers getting slow, Wellington, etc.,

When I first played it, I didn't even pick up the gun. I didn't get involved in the fight at all. except try to seperate them. When Kenny killed Jane at first I thought I made a mistake but as soon as I realised AJ was alive and that Jane had instigated that fight out of nowhere in the middle of a blizzard then at no point decided to tell Kenny about AJ, that it was clear I did the right thing by allowing Kenny to kill her. There is absolutely nothing anyone can ever say to justify Jane's actions and it baffles me how people will ignore that because their hatred for Kenny overlooks common sense.

it just feels weird that anyone would actually kill Kenny over beating up Arvo (he should've been put down with his group and he also nearly killed your entire group; endangering two kids as well)

Could not agree more. Arvo should have been shot in the first 5 minutes and we should have moved on. I couldn't give two fucks how bad the situation was for him. His group attacked a young child and a baby. Gotta love how some people think that killing Arvo would be morally wrong are totally okay with letting Carver's camp get completely overrun with almost, if not, all occupants being killed.

both Wellington endings are great (until season 3 came along), which I preferred leaving with Kenny as a happy ending.

I think they're great too and I really like where the story seemed to be going before S3 with the Leave ending (Clem, AJ and Kenny are now a close family) I do kind of wish we had a more nihlistic ending. I'm pretty sure the original ending, before rewrites, was Clem on her own with AJ heading towards Wellington only to find out it's been overrun/abandonded would have been really powerful and depressing and fit right with how TWD is.

Yeah, quite cruel for Clem's character in general, but again there's user choice is involved in season 2, so many things like stealing from

• I just hope she can redeem herself in the next episodes and show her good side.

Yeah she really does, she's acting so irrational this season; not thinking smart, and is going downhill this season I believe. I also believ

• I think the idea(which perfectly agreed with, unfortunately) is that Clementine just had enough at that point and executing Kenny after an escalating series of volatile behavior was the best thing to do. Jane let her down multiple times, Kenny let her down multiple times, so she might as well just make sure they're both removed from the equation before moving on with her life.

Assuming she was planning on doing that of course... :worried:

Clem pulls the gun on him and he stays quiet for a couple of seconds then says "Do it". Then she pulls the trigger. Really fucked up ending, feels completely out of place for Clems character.

• Yeah his body was left in the freezing temperatures if you killed Kenny.

Yeah I'm just saying it isn't exactly a peaceful rest like Lee.

• Well, he's kinda not in his body anymore at that point and the bullet in his brain makes in hard for him to repossess it(I guess), so who cares at that point?

Yeah I'm just saying it isn't exactly a peaceful rest like Lee.

• Neither sad or angry... just kind of resigned. I was going by memory but I just watched the video and he says 'Just do it' right after. As if he knows theres nothing he could say to Clem that would change her mind. He does look away though and feels remorseful. Lee would be ashamed of Clem for allowing them both Jane and Kenny to die like that.

"Both Jane and Kenny to die like that", so you mean both of them as a whole, or letting either one of them die, because honestly it was out of control by that point; she's 11 years old and got knocked over trying to stop it, but yeah, if you killed them both it's quite dumb, but her alone ending is nice; a shame you'd have to killed them both/ditch Jane/whatever to get there, but Lee definitely would've wanted that to not occur, and god damn, at least spare Kenny after all he's done to protect Clem and how correct he's been (to the people that killed him).

When I first played it, I didn't even pick up the gun. I didn't get involved in the fight at all. except try to seperate them. When Kenny killed Jane at first I thought I made a mistake but as soon as I realised AJ was alive and that Jane had instigated that fight out of nowhere in the middle of a blizzard then at no point decided to tell Kenny about AJ, that it was clear I did the right thing by allowing Kenny to kill her. There is absolutely nothing anyone can ever say to justify Jane's actions and it baffles me how people will ignore that because their hatred for Kenny overlooks common sense.

What do you mean by "pick up the gun", is there really an option to do that? I only knew about separating them honestly until you have to draw on them and wanted them to stop fighting after all the group has been through, and after Jane's pretense of essentially letting a baby die for her own benefit, I'm glad she's dead, but still would've preferred if Jane didn't become a shithead and we all moved on as a group. Also yeah, after what Jane did, there's nothing you can do to really appreciate her character in the end, but I really did like her line when you inspect the cannon at the rooftop place, "Check the muzzle Napoleon", made me laugh. Jane was a solid character up until that point, but when she started instigating fights with Kenny, speaking awful things about his family, everything she could do to piss him off, that's when I started losing respect for her character, especially with the childish "I spy with my little eye, an asshole. Your turn!" type of shit when they're in the truck.

Could not agree more. Arvo should have been shot in the first 5 minutes and we should have moved on. I couldn't give two fucks how bad the situation was for him. His group attacked a young child and a baby. Gotta love how some people think that killing Arvo would be morally wrong are totally okay with letting Carver's camp get completely overrun with almost, if not, all occupants being killed.

Honestly, at the LEAST, a moral choice would be to let him leave to wherever (somewhat like Lilly) and not kill him, but the last time I didn't rob him (made the moral choice) and let him leave, he came back with his group that wanted to mug our group and a shootout ensued. So yes, my Clem was moral and pragmatic (when required), so letting Arvo get the shit beat out of him was the best I could do. Plus Arvo eventually shoots an 11-year-old because he's a bitch (no matter how much your support him, this occurs), just, what the hell.

I think they're great too and I really like where the story seemed to be going before S3 with the Leave ending (Clem, AJ and Kenny are now a close family) I do kind of wish we had a more nihlistic ending. I'm pretty sure the original ending, before rewrites, was Clem on her own with AJ heading towards Wellington only to find out it's been overrun/abandonded would have been really powerful and depressing and fit right with how TWD is.

Yeah that alone ending would've been quite good (compared to a car door), I think Clem would've searched for Wellington also as she really didn't convey much of a plan beforehand, nor do we ever know where she was thinking of moving towards, but then again, you'd probably let Kenny live in general if you were on board with Wellington, so who knows.

does Kenny say this in a sad tone, angered tone, or what? Neither sad or angry... just kind of resigned. I was going by memory but I

• That's what I'm hoping too, I saw the preview trailer and when they took AJ from her again, I thought I heard her say, "You bastard!" but really said "You monster!", which I'm glad for, as I preferred Clementine not swearing, but does a lot in season 3 thus far.

I just hope she can redeem herself in the next episodes and show her good side.

• I believe Kenny was the last person in Clem's life that really had a comprehensive connection with her, and yes Kenny messed up, but so does Clem once in a while, and Jane, well, she never did much for Clem (got a fire going if you break the ice I guess) compared to Kenny's protection of Clem (even if it meant losing an eye). So I'd say Kenny was quite a great figure for Clem and even discovers Wellington while also being in the right about many aspects, and if you're best friends with him in season 1 and such, it just makes that bond even better.

I think the idea(which perfectly agreed with, unfortunately) is that Clementine just had enough at that point and executing Kenny after an e

• I don't know, maybe it's more about preserving the body itself that once was that great person, instead of it being broken off by ice and lost in the Earth, it's quite trivial, but some might care in terms of being at peace while dead and in physical form (hence why we put dead people in caskets).

Well, he's kinda not in his body anymore at that point and the bullet in his brain makes in hard for him to repossess it(I guess), so who cares at that point?

• Yeah I do understand what they were trying to do. It's just another case here of the writers treating a child as an adult. This choice would have worked if Clem was old enough to take care of herself and a baby but she can't. I think my other problem is that this choice can happen regardless of how you treat the characters. If you hate Kenny all the way in S2, you still can go with him to Wellington and leave with him for a 'happy' ending which just feels incredibly odd. Visa verca, if you love him you can just kill him like the video above.

I think the idea(which perfectly agreed with, unfortunately) is that Clementine just had enough at that point and executing Kenny after an e

• "Both Jane and Kenny to die like that", so you mean both of them as a whole, or letting either one of them die

Killing both.

What do you mean by "pick up the gun", is there really an option to do that?

The QTE where the cursor comes up and you can click on the gun to pick it up. I didn't touch it at all.

Jane was a solid character up until that point, but when she started instigating fights with Kenny, speaking awful things about his family, everything she could do to piss him off

I was replaying episode 3 and 4 earlier and she mentions Kenny once the entire time in episode 4. Not even a specific reference, just as an example of how groups don't work out. In episode 3 she even agrees with Kenny's plan to cover themselves in walker guts and walk through the herd. They totally butchered her character in NGB.

Neither sad or angry... just kind of resigned. I was going by memory but I just watched the video and he says 'Just do it' right after. As i

• edited March 2017

Yeah, in episode 5 she did a complete change of character towards Kenny for plot convenience primarily.

"Both Jane and Kenny to die like that", so you mean both of them as a whole, or letting either one of them die Killing both. W

• Ah, gotcha. Not sure about the "broken off by ice and lost in the Earth" part, but I gotcha.

I don't know, maybe it's more about preserving the body itself that once was that great person, instead of it being broken off by ice and lo

Sign in to comment in this discussion.