The Thread of general TWD-related questions

Comments

• edited March 2017

Probably because it was originally gonna be Luke, but they changed it when they realized Jane had gotten popular in a single episode and they favored her themselves.

Spodes posted: »

Yeah, in episode 5 she did a complete change of character towards Kenny for plot convenience primarily.

• edited March 2017

Jane, well, she never did much for Clem (got a fire going if you break the ice I guess) compared to Kenny's protection of Clem (even if it meant losing an eye).

Well, to be fair, she did:

• Come back for her and Rebecca despite her threats
    • Show her a few survival techniques
    • Try to find and save Luke, Nick, and Sarah despite not really wanting to bother
    • Pretend to believe in mercy in regards to Nick for Clementine's sake
    • Try to convince her to rob Arvo to help Rebecca and Luke(which was dumb, but/because she was trying to earn her approval)
    • Eventually try to save Sarah despite her prejudice(even if she never gave a damn and had to be essentially guilt-tripped because of it)
    • Offer her her nailfile(is there really that many uses for that thing?) as a parting gift
    • Come running back(assuming she wasn't stalking them anyway) when she realized the Russians were attacking the group because of her
    • Try to fit in with the group despite her "instincts"/philosophy
    • Determinately save her from freezing/drowning to death trying to Luke(could've tried to save him too, but whatever)
    • Patch her up after Arvo shot her?(I'm assuming she did that given her "expert survivalist" superlative)
    • And I guess some people would also say she truly believed she was trying to save Clementine from the increasingly unstable Kenny
      So I'd definitely say she really did care about Clementine in some shape or form, it's just that she's kind of a tsundere yandere about it
      > and if you're best friends with him in season 1 and such, it just makes that bond even better.
      Uh, but that was Lee who did that, not Clementine. I get that as a hook but not the entire basis of a relationship.

I believe Kenny was the last person in Clem's life that really had a comprehensive connection with her, and yes Kenny messed up, but so does

• I meant letting the body freeze over, possibly snapping, and just scattering in the Earth.

DabigRG posted: »

Ah, gotcha. Not sure about the "broken off by ice and lost in the Earth" part, but I gotcha.

• You mean shattering into bunch of pieces that fly across the atmosphere?

I meant letting the body freeze over, possibly snapping, and just scattering in the Earth.

• About the only thing that was more about protecting Clem here I found in your post was: "Determinately save her from freezing/drowning to death trying to Luke(could've tried to save him too, but whatever)". Other than that, the rest is very small or not even based around protecting Clem; taking a hit for, etc. Jane also didn't patch Clementine up, all she did was check if the bullet was lodged in there or not, other than that it was a fresh wound just sitting there to burn Clem's shoulder while her jacket is the bandage kind of. When you compare Kenny's unrelenting willing to sacrifice himself for Clem, it really doesn't fit what you've conveyed through your bullet points above, and the fact that she ditched Clem in the first place because she thought she would die with them is quite concerning.

also

Uh, but that was Lee who did that, not Clementine. I get that as a hook but not the entire basis of a relationship.

The point being is that Clem and Lee were the closest, and Kenny would be the 3rd closest, and losing Lee hits Kenny/Clem hard so they have that bond with Lee to strengthen their own understandings; so yes, it does correlate between the two, unless of course you went anti-Kenny after Lee was pro-Kenny, which wouldn't make too much sense, but hey, a lot of things don't.

Jane, well, she never did much for Clem (got a fire going if you break the ice I guess) compared to Kenny's protection of Clem (even if it m

• Well, I don't know about that, I believe Christa taught Clementine quite a few tricks and throughout season 2 Clem learns her strength in the world; picking up some survival techniques along the way, plus she's watched people survive since she was 9 years old, that's 2 years of observing for her. Again Christa and Clem were surviving on their own in no shelter it appears for about 2 years. So Clem taking care of herself and AJ on her own is quite possible I'd believe, considering how intelligent she is as well, but it would definitely be a lot harder for her to pull this off in general. I'd be more worried about getting AJ food he can eat as an infant, and being assured of where I'm supposed to travel out of the winter storms (unless I'd seek Wellington).

Graysonn posted: »

Yeah I do understand what they were trying to do. It's just another case here of the writers treating a child as an adult. This choice would

• Jane also didn't patch Clementine up, all she did was check if the bullet was lodged in there or not, other than that it was a fresh wound just sitting there to burn Clem's shoulder while her jacket is the bandage kind of.

Actually, I believe @Deltino or someone else posted some textures of Clementine's post-shot model and there was indeed a bandage underneath the bullet holes--that's part of why Jane says they couldn't find the bullet. Not sure why they bothered, but nice attention to detail anyway. I'll have to see if I can find it.

the fact that she ditched Clem in the first place because she thought she would die with them is quite concerning.

Uh...which time is this exactly?

losing Lee hits Kenny/Clem hard so they have that bond with Lee to strengthen their own understandings

That's why I said I get that as a hook: a starting point. My point was that I don't feel there was much time put into developing their relationship and most of their screentime was them getting story stuff done, Kenny talking about himself and his problems, or Clementine trying to talk sense into him.

About the only thing that was more about protecting Clem here I found in your post was: "Determinately save her from freezing/drowning to de

• Actually, I believe @Deltino or someone else posted some textures of Clementine's post-shot model and there was indeed a bandage underneath the bullet holes--that's part of why Jane says they couldn't find the bullet. Not sure why they bothered, but nice attention to detail anyway. I'll have to see if I can find it.

This is the best picture I could find, but honestly it could be part of a shirt too, the front wound isn't covered also which wouldn't make sense as it's easy to wrap around the arm to do that.

See no bandage in the front of the wound.

Now the back side doesn't have the shirt/hypothetical bandage.

So it's quite weird, there's no real way to confirm this and if she did bandage, it didn't do much as her back is drenched in blood for a while (randomly shrinks by the last screenshot).

Uh...which time is this exactly?

That's why I said I get that as a hook: a starting point. My point was that I don't feel there was much time put into developing their relationship and most of their screentime was them getting story stuff done, Kenny talking about himself and his problems, or Clementine trying to talk sense into him.

Yeah there was some times they could've added more development, but there was definitely times where they did have development, and they both knew each other quite well it appears since season 1, so who knows, season 2 didn't have as much development as season 1 did for sure, but it's not entirely lacking.

Jane also didn't patch Clementine up, all she did was check if the bullet was lodged in there or not, other than that it was a fresh wound j

• So it's quite weird, there's no real way to confirm this and if she did bandage, it didn't do much as her back is drenched in blood for a while (randomly shrinks by the last screenshot).

I said it was a texture, but I can't seem to find it. Maybe he'll come by later and link it himself or something, but I know I saw a post about that.

Jane leaves ODeck

Okay, now what was your point again? That she left after almost getting all of them killed?

Yeah there was some times they could've added more development, but there was definitely times where they did have development, and they both knew each other quite well it appears since season 1, so who knows, season 2 didn't have as much development as season 1 did for sure, but it's not entirely lacking.

I guess. I was just referring to their unique relationship outside of their connection to Lee being a bit limited.

Actually, I believe @Deltino or someone else posted some textures of Clementine's post-shot model and there was indeed a bandage underneath

• I said it was a texture, but I can't seem to find it. Maybe he'll come by later and link it himself or something, but I know I saw a post about that.

If it is a texture, that doesn't matter as it doesn't provide strong enough evidence that Jane specifically bandaged Clementine's bullet wound. If Clementine had a clear bandage wrapped around in there, then you could argue that, all we know is that she woke up and Jane said the bullet went through so she'll be okay, plus her jacket was acting as a bandage regardless it appears.

Okay, now what was your point again? That she left after almost getting all of them killed?

"the fact that she ditched Clem in the first place because she thought she would die with them is quite concerning" <--what you quoted

Uh...which time is this exactly? <--what you replied with

I already answered your question, so why didn't you ask about the "point" sooner, and it really doesn't take much energy to realize I was giving a negative towards Jane LEAVING Clementine after you're trying to argue she protects Clementine a lot.

So it's quite weird, there's no real way to confirm this and if she did bandage, it didn't do much as her back is drenched in blood for a wh

• I already answered your question, so why didn't you ask about the "point" sooner, and it really doesn't take much energy to realize I was giving a negative towards Jane LEAVING Clementine after you're trying to argue she protects Clementine a lot.

Oh, sorry, I got confused in the replies. Anywho, I wasn't arguing about her protecting Clementine but about her "not doing much," when if you ask me, I'd say she did a little too much.

I said it was a texture, but I can't seem to find it. Maybe he'll come by later and link it himself or something, but I know I saw a post ab

• Does anyone know what Carver was saying to Reggie in the greenhouse?

• edited March 2017

Well, the reasons you listed for doing much just seemed really weak honestly (my opinion, but maybe if you can see that), and there was one that stood out which was pulling Clem out of the ice cold water (determinantly if you attempt to save Luke).

I already answered your question, so why didn't you ask about the "point" sooner, and it really doesn't take much energy to realize I was gi

• Nope, but it was probably regarding the "string of screw-ups" Reggie has supposedly done recently.

Does anyone know what Carver was saying to Reggie in the greenhouse?

• I'm assuming you mean helping Clementine in any way, shape, or form and teaching her survival techniques in a collective one. However, if you mean specifically protecting Clementine, then yeah.

Well, the reasons you listed for doing much just seemed really weak honestly (my opinion, but maybe if you can see that), and there was one that stood out which was pulling Clem out of the ice cold water (determinantly if you attempt to save Luke).

• Yes, I was emphasizing "protect" as the person would do a lot, even put his ass on the line to protect Clementine's well-being, and Kenny was repeatedly done this throughout the season, even lost an eye in the process. Could you ever imagine Jane reciprocating? No, you can't, and it's completely unimaginable that she would take a bullet or die for Clementine, I think nearly everyone can agree on that (unless you're a die-hard 100% Jane supporter no matter what).

I'm assuming you mean helping Clementine in any way, shape, or form and teaching her survival techniques in a collective one. However, if you mean specifically protecting Clementine, then yeah.

• it's completely unimaginable that she would take a bullet or die for Clementine,

Well...:lol:
    enter image description here

Yes, I was emphasizing "protect" as the person would do a lot, even put his ass on the line to protect Clementine's well-being, and Kenny wa

• Well? Jane was an idiot, this isn't even relevant to Clementine (this was regarding her notion that Kenny is insane), plus she should've said, "Oh shit! Kenny, yo, AJ is OKAY! It was all j-just a prank y'know?". This isn't a sacrifice for Clem, this isn't anything even close to what Kenny has done, this is just well...an excuse for you to post a gif of Jane getting killed? Was I correct :^)?

it's completely unimaginable that she would take a bullet or die for Clementine, Well...

• Well you were saying she'd never die for Clementine, so I just immediately thought of the logical conclusion: dying because she was arrogant/dumb enough to think she could take Kenny (if he didn't back off?) and convince Clementine to leave with her, but then she'd literally rather die than not have Clementine if she reveals it was a setup.

So, in a way--yes.

Well? Jane was an idiot, this isn't even relevant to Clementine (this was regarding her notion that Kenny is insane), plus she should've sai

• That's dying out of her own arrogance, I'm referring to "dying for Clementine" in a sense that if she would literally die for Clementine while protecting/saving her, but I'm sure you understood that and just wanted to allude to Jane's arrogance/insecurities in general.

Well you were saying she'd never die for Clementine, so I just immediately thought of the logical conclusion: dying because she was arrogant

• ...Sure, let's go with that!

Naw, really, I just thought it'd be funny to abuse the exact wording on things, whether it matches or not. I do genuinely believe Jane really was attached to and/or obsessed with Clementine, though; hell, it's only given reason she's shoehorned in No Going Back in the first place.

That's dying out of her own arrogance, I'm referring to "dying for Clementine" in a sense that if she would literally die for Clementine whi

• In Jane's eyes, Clem was the person that filled in for her dead sister essentially, plus she sees how intelligent and smart she is, but sadly she doesn't really pick up on her morals either, but again, she didn't die for Clementine in the sense of protection, it was out of arrogance, but too bad they found AJ regardless, and if that snow didn't start to clear up a bit, Jane would have actually killed an infant.

...Sure, let's go with that! Naw, really, I just thought it'd be funny to abuse the exact wording on things, whether it matches or not. I

• Yes.

Zambie88 posted: »

IS HE GOING TO RETURN?

• In Jane's eyes, Clem was the person that filled in for her dead sister essentially

Which would be stupid, considering she insisted Sarah fit that description to a tee and was prejudiced towards her because of it. So I'm gonna have to disagree and say that I always thought she was attracted to Clementine instead because she's nothing like Jaime and thus she sees her as a new, better sister who Jane sees at a kindred spirit. Jane is apparently supposed to be a bad future version of Clementine, after all.

she doesn't really pick up on her morals either,

Wow, I can't believe I'm about to defend Jane here, but No Going Back basically operates on the notion that being around Clementine was slowly making Jane a better person, hence her playing mediator between Kenny and Mike(which is probably the most asspully), getting outraged about Kenny beating up Arvo, and most notably, if you go with her ending and stay silent during the final choice, Jane will make let the family herself despite pointing out that you don't have much supplies. Which would've been perfectly fine if they didn't sweep most of her wrongdoings, most infamously The Sarah Situation and all that entails, under the rug and actually used that to have her actually develop instead of making her pull a Rebecca for the sake of making Kenny look worse.

In Jane's eyes, Clem was the person that filled in for her dead sister essentially, plus she sees how intelligent and smart she is, but sadl

• Which would be stupid, considering she insisted Sarah fit that description to a tee and was prejudiced towards her because of it. So I'm gonna have to disagree and say that I always thought she was attracted to Clementine instead because she's nothing like Jaime and thus she sees her as a new, better sister who Jane sees at a kindred spirit. Jane is apparently supposed to be a bad future version of Clementine, after all.

I was depicting Clementine differently for a reason, I was suggesting that she was basically a "better sister" in a way, and that's how Jane saw it.

Wow, I can't believe I'm about to defend Jane here, but No Going Back basically operates on the notion that being around Clementine was slowly making Jane a better person, hence her playing mediator between Kenny and Mike(which is probably the most asspully), getting outraged about Kenny beating up Arvo, and most notably, if you go with her ending and stay silent during the final choice, Jane will make let the family herself despite pointing out that you don't have much supplies. Which would've been perfectly fine if they didn't sweep most of her wrongdoings, most infamously The Sarah Situation and all that entails, under the rug and actually used that to have her actually develop instead of making her pull a Rebecca for the sake of making Kenny look worse.

You're serious? Just an episode previously she wanted to rob Arvo regardless, hence my points on morals, and nothing can make up for what she did in the finale, so you really should not be defending Jane by this point honestly; her character has been destroyed since then, there's really no way you can argue she's moral and trustworthy after pulling that stunt with Kenny and killing herself in season 3 if you were tricked into killing Kenny and leaving with Jane. While I think she may have ended up being a better person if she was around Clem longer, she started viciously attacking Kenny in low; degrading standards, going after all of his family, and everyone Kenny loved, then to rub salt in the wound, she pretends AJ is dead which Clem/Kenny are both protective over, and with Kenny having the notion that she's selfish, guess what how it appeared (also came true either way), so no matter what little things she did on the side, there's really nothing you can do to defend her, I'm sorry, but your argument is a complete loss when compared to the canon story...there's really no work-around or mental gynmnastics you can pull with this one, RG, and I know you know it's true, or possibly you're playing devil's advocate.

In Jane's eyes, Clem was the person that filled in for her dead sister essentially Which would be stupid, considering she insisted S

• Oh, sorry for coming off a bit strong in my responses here and there, it's just something that occurs occasionally when I have a biased argument primarily.

In Jane's eyes, Clem was the person that filled in for her dead sister essentially Which would be stupid, considering she insisted S

• Question I didn't really put much thought into but will ask anyway: What do you think happened to Mari's bod if you left with Eleanor?

• So you're asking what would happen to Mariana's body if you went with Tripp, right (not Eleanor)? Well, probably nothing honestly, I think the only difference is that you didn't give her a respectful burial (unless Clementine did that for you, but I doubt it since she never mentioned it).

Question I didn't really put much thought into but will ask anyway: What do you think happened to Mari's bod if you left with Eleanor?

• No, I meant Eleanor; I picked her instead of Tripp for pragmatic's sake.

So you're asking what would happen to Mariana's body if you went with Tripp, right (not Eleanor)? Well, probably nothing honestly, I think t

• If you leave with Tripp/Eleanor, Mariana will not be given a propel burial and she will probably be a dinner for walkers.

No, I meant Eleanor; I picked her instead of Tripp for pragmatic's sake.

• Which do you think it's better? Give Mariana a propel burial (A death she didn't deserve) or help Kate clean her gunshot wound which was by her stupidity?

• ^^this

AronDracula posted: »

If you leave with Tripp/Eleanor, Mariana will not be given a propel burial and she will probably be a dinner for walkers.

• Give Mariana a proper burial, she was the only one I found interest in, the rest of Javier's family is a lost cause; idiots.

Which do you think it's better? Give Mariana a propel burial (A death she didn't deserve) or help Kate clean her gunshot wound which was by her stupidity?

• edited March 2017

I guess burying Mariana, she being family caught in the middle and all; Eleanor can handle Kate. With that said, I'd think it'd be best to go with Kate and Gabe since they're hurting too and if there's one thing that sleemo Badger did right, it was making sure Mariana was dead and deader in one action.

Which do you think it's better? Give Mariana a propel burial (A death she didn't deserve) or help Kate clean her gunshot wound which was by her stupidity?

• Where is DabigRG and his question spams? I need something to answer :^).

• What-what-What?! Oh yeah, I haven't asked anything in a bit. Um, check a couple of pages back for more repeat clusters that never got answered cause I try not to repeat those for quite a bit.

Where is DabigRG and his question spams? I need something to answer :^).

• I may check them out later, today is finally a day I have pretty free, feels good.

What-what-What?! Oh yeah, I haven't asked anything in a bit. Um, check a couple of pages back for more repeat clusters that never got answered cause I try not to repeat those for quite a bit.

• Great to hear that, man! Enjoy it!:smile:

I may check them out later, today is finally a day I have pretty free, feels good.

• edited March 2017

By masochistic request(Btw, don't check your PM if you know what's good for you)
    Repeats

What is each characters personal philosophies/morality/etc?

If anyone knows anything about model manipulation or whatever, can someone make a picture of Michelle with Sarah's glasses?

If Kenny is Lee's Shadow, what does that make Lilly and why?

How many military guys have been mean versus nice?

Are there any unused models, textures, or animations worth noting?

Given the Season's track record, do you think Jane was intentionally designed with the option of replacing Luke and Sarah in mind?

Is there more thread's like this one on Mike? Can someone possibly make one that everyone can do the same for a character of their choice?
    Also, do you would it've been better from a dramatic standpoint if it was Mike, Bonnie, and Arvo you had to decide over in the Jane ending instead Randy, Patricia, and Gil?

How does a thread about Pizza and Ice Cream: Alternative Scenarios,
    or Hypothetical Fights in general sound?

If Luke was trying to be a Paragon, who/what would be his opposite?

I forget where I read/heard but apparently Brian Bremer was unavailable during the production of Amid the Ruins and that's why Nick just turned up ...turned. Is that true?

• Repeats

For those who wanna get all Ron the Death Eater: do you think that being right about Eleanor could be a sign of the writers trying to have another character like Kenny in terms of reception and execution?

What hobbies do you think the characters have/had?

Okay, question that requires thorough knowledge of gameplay and cutscene details: In the event that you don't help Luke push the cannon to the gate on the observation deck, does the game over cutscene take Sarah into account? Also, if you don't make a choice regarding her in the trailer, does it make it clear what happens to Jane?
    Has there ever been an interview with Nick Breckon, Pierre Shorrette, etc.?

Following up the proceedings of my first impression, why did people initially consider Carver to be such a great character compared to all others at the time?

Having seen a picture of him, is Clementine meant to be a foil to Carl from the TVShow?

How much time had passed between 400 Days and Season 2?

What characters do you think could've been combined to streamline the undergone this process story into a more focused narrative? Why?

Bronies(or anyone who just feels like humoring it): What type of pony would each character be? Who would be a non-pony?

When I came into Season 2 back in June, one of the few spoilery things I "knew" about it going in was that Kenny returns (with a greybeard and a missing eye) as a mentor figure for Clementine. Of course, like a few other things, it didn't go in that direction. Do you think this would've been an interesting idea if they actually utilized it?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.