Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about, The Wolf Among Us

Comments

• Double post but...
    If you choose to go to toads place first and look around woodys place you will find a pink lollipop on the floor belonging to one of the tweedles

When bigby is interrogating dee in chapter 2 he can try to get him to talk by saying "if you don't talk I'll rip out your throat" it's funny because he (if the player chooses) does exactly this at the end of chapter 3.

• He rips out Dum's throat though :P

When bigby is interrogating dee in chapter 2 he can try to get him to talk by saying "if you don't talk I'll rip out your throat" it's funny because he (if the player chooses) does exactly this at the end of chapter 3.

• Meh same thing xD

HazzatheMan posted: »

He rips out Dum's throat though :P

• There's some dialogue in the game that seems to imply that it was Georgie and Jersey who dumped Lilly's body into the river. When questioning TJ in episode 2 he says he heard someone say "Stop laughing." And if you ask TJ what were the exact words he says "stop laughing at me." In episode 4 when you stop outside the Crooked Man's meeting room you can hear Jersey laughing and Georgie angrily says "Am I some kind of a fucking joke to you? What did I tell you? Stop laughing at me."

• Maybe it's just me but in this video, the translator sounds like Adam Harrington (Bigby's VA). Is it really him?

• Damn I think it may be him!

AronDracula posted: »

Maybe it's just me but in this video, the translator sounds like Adam Harrington (Bigby's VA). Is it really him?

• It''s him.

Maybe it's just me but in this video, the translator sounds like Adam Harrington (Bigby's VA). Is it really him?

• edited January 2017

I'm so fucking blown. Did he use to be a translator?

EDIT: Also, I thank him so much for translating what Capcom had to say about Resident Evil 4 development.

It''s him.

• Not really, it was already translated but they needed someone to do voice over, he doesnt just do characters he does voice over for commercials, and things like this.

I'm so fucking blown. Did he use to be a translator? EDIT: Also, I thank him so much for translating what Capcom had to say about Resident Evil 4 development.

• Holy!

This is amazing :O

• edited March 2017

Just a warning...

This post contains spoilers for the Wolf Among Us, if you haven't finished it yet... Please don't read this!

So, I was just replaying The Wolf Among Us episode one (Again) and I noticed some things about it that I wanted to ask about. I've been trying to "crack the case" about the Faith/Nerissa thing. I've read some really interesting theories, and I wanted to point out a few things I haven't seen anyone mention. Also, just a note: I haven't read the comics, so please don't think I'm too stupid.

1. Where has Bigby seen Faith before?
    At the beginning, after the fight with the Woodsman. Bigby says to Faith "I feel like we've met before", does this hint that this Faith isn't actually Nerissa or even (I've seen one member theorize this) Vivian or Bloody Mary? Could it be someone else Bigby once knew?

Also, Faith somehow knows where Bigby lives. I know she says everyone knows, but it could've just been to make it seem less suspicious?

2. Early for his... Massage
    Not really a theory, just something I noticed. Before Crane leaves the business office after the argument, he tells Snow to "Call Vivian, tell her I'm going to be early for my... [Very brief pause] ...Massage". Vivian is the name of the person that owns the Pudding 'n' Pie with Georgie, and if they're the same person, then... He wasn't calling for a massage.

Well, I just wanted to point that out and ask about the other thing. Sorry if these are a bit stupid, tell me what you think.

• Save yourself the trouble and don't read the comics. That's a whole 'nother can of worms.

For your first point. The popular theory and the one that makes the most sense is that you never met Faith. At least not the real one. It's actually Nerissa pretending to be Faith all along. That's why the Woodsman got so angry when "Faith" didn't remember him. It was Nerissa glamoured as her and Faith was killed a bit before that.

As for your second point. I don't know why I never realised that. Good catch!

Acheive250 posted: »

Just a warning... This post contains spoilers for the Wolf Among Us, if you haven't finished it yet... Please don't read this! So, I w

• So why would Bigby recognize Faith(Nerissa)? Maybe it's actually Red Riding Hood! (Is she in the comics?)

lupinb0y posted: »

Save yourself the trouble and don't read the comics. That's a whole 'nother can of worms. For your first point. The popular theory and th

• It's not Red Riding Hood. Red is still in the homelands during the time that TWAU takes place in.

So why would Bigby recognize Faith(Nerissa)? Maybe it's actually Red Riding Hood! (Is she in the comics?)

• Save yourself the trouble and don't read the comics. That's a whole 'nother can of worms.

?

Save yourself the trouble and don't read the comics. That's a whole 'nother can of worms. For your first point. The popular theory and th

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

I'm thinking they mean the TWAU comics.

Save yourself the trouble and don't read the comics. That's a whole 'nother can of worms. ?

• I see.

dojo32161 posted: »

I'm thinking they mean the TWAU comics.

• Yeah it's not exactly great. Read the Fables comics tho those are great!

I see.

• He recognises Nerissa because he met her as Faith in the previous episode.

So why would Bigby recognize Faith(Nerissa)? Maybe it's actually Red Riding Hood! (Is she in the comics?)

• No, I mean why does he recognize Faith at the beginning of the game. After the Woodsman battle.

He recognises Nerissa because he met her as Faith in the previous episode.

• edited March 2017

Is it important to start at the beginning? What's it about?

Also, do the TWAU comics answer some of the mysteries in the game?

Yeah it's not exactly great. Read the Fables comics tho those are great!

• Yes you should start from the beginning. The first few pages answer what happens to Crance.

The Wolf Among Us comic answers absolutely nothing. In fact it asks more questions. Very badly written questions.

Is it important to start at the beginning? What's it about? Also, do the TWAU comics answer some of the mysteries in the game?

• Oh that's explained by Faith immediately after that. Her reply, "We probably have. We all sort of knew each other at one point or another..." is just supposed to show that she too is a Fable.

No, I mean why does he recognize Faith at the beginning of the game. After the Woodsman battle.

• Oh, okay. I thought it might've meant more than that.

Oh that's explained by Faith immediately after that. Her reply, "We probably have. We all sort of knew each other at one point or another..." is just supposed to show that she too is a Fable.

• So FINALLY that's the solution to the Nerissa/Faith mistery? :o

So TTG intended Faith disguised as Nerissa!!!! :)

Mindblowing.

hemfbg posted: »

I found a bunch of unused scripts from the game files and they're practically a goldmine. PORGIE: What was that fell out of the book? BI

• Lately I have spent an evening relaxing with the Book of Fables, and I have noticed something rather interesting. I'm not sure if it has been confirmed to be a part of the original storyline, but it appears as if the Thirteenth Floor was a location which you could visit in the game as evidenced by this entry:

enter image description here

You may ask - but what's the evidence? Well, as an indie developer I have a keen eye for engine renders and the picture which is inside of the frame was clearly taken from the game, the elevator door and the floor textures are exactly the same as in the game, the shading on the wall and the lamp has the same effect as it does in the game aswell.

Conclusion: 13th floor has been a location which player was supposed to visit (maybe in EP2, to investigate the Lily's glamour with the witches? That would make sense as this entry is unlocked during the episode two I believe)

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

I know some people probably know about this already, but I decided to make a video on it anyways— Snow can get shot when you're fighting the Tweedles at the beginning of episode 3.

• I'm pretty damn sure somebody already saw this, but if when Bufkin stamps the deceased sign on Donkeyskin's page, you'll see a page on the other side for Cinderella. It's mostly blacked out, obviously an easter egg at her status of being a secret agent in the comics.

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited August 2017

According to a behind the scenes article about Tales from the Borderlands, this song was originally supposed to be used in the opening sequence for Wolf Among Us

Source: https://quarterly.camposanto.com/tales-from-the-borderlands-the-oral-history-d33bb5f146e6

[Pierre and I] had a shared language, a lot of the same references, a lot of the same music. Initially we wanted the opening of The Wolf Among Us, the title sequence that I directed, we wanted the soundtrack to be the Chromatics. We had a Chromatics track that worked really well. It was Kill for Love, which was off of the Chromatics’ new album at the time.
    We got really lucky, since Borderlands had this precedent of intro sequences [with music]. In Wolf, we were looking for an excuse to use licensed music, and we were sort of not allowed to do that. But here there was really no argument as to why we shouldn’t.

• Is this still alive? I have a doubt, when episode 1 ends, in the scenes of advance of episode 2, there is a scene that caught my attention, because we meet again with Beast, but this ends up taking Bigby by the neck, and then Bigby attacks him, apparently this even occurs before we see Bella at the motel.
    I will leave a link with the scene, it starts at 17:13

• Turns out that you can completely skip the conversation with Toad and TJ in episode 2 by examining Lilly's body first and going to the Trip Trap to talk to Holly. Not sure if it affects any later episodes, though.

• Kinda glad they didnt use this song. I wouldnt mind Wolf Among Us using licences music, but I would want the songs in the game to be from the 70s and 80s so it matches the time period.

According to a behind the scenes article about Tales from the Borderlands, this song was originally supposed to be used in the opening seque

• edited May 2018

Uh..I guess i should put that here i hope it's okay.

I'm so glad that guy is back.

• Love this guy. To hear about the original plot with Cindy is very interesting, the only cut content I knew about involved the Detective Brannigan/Cryer rewrites

iFoRias posted: »

Uh..I guess i should put that here i hope it's okay. I'm so glad that guy is back.

• Idk if this has been posted before, but there's a lot of variety in Bigby's relationship with Beauty and Beast. If you tell Beast that you saw Beauty walking off, then Beauty is really pissed at Bigby during the scene where Bigby goes to their apartment, but if you don't say anything to Beast, then Beast is the one who gets pissed at Bigby during the apartment scene.

Also, during the car chase scene, if you jump on Crooked Man's car during the car chase scene, you completely miss Vivian's suicide. When you arrive at the club, Vivian is dead and you don't get that much time with Georgie before he dies/you kill him.

• Some people miss a clever little joke Bigby makes. I forgot what it was since it's been a while since I've played, but he sees something and he's like "Geez. Those things can kill you." And immediately afterwards, he takes a smoke from his cigarette.

• If you complete a playthrough on a file and then select/create another save file, you can start from any episode you want on that new file.
    The game will remember choices you made in previous episodes on the original file if you do this.
    Not only that, but if you quit and then try to scroll back to previous episodes, they will all say restart, but lack actual chapters to restart from.

• Yeah, I loved that.

@iFoRias I'm so glad that guy is back.

The video isn't there anymore.

@Cheddarhead To hear about the original plot with Cindy is very interesting,

...Cindy? Was she one of those characters who get mentioned but never actually show up much?

Some people miss a clever little joke Bigby makes. I forgot what it was since it's been a while since I've played, but he sees something and he's like "Geez. Those things can kill you." And immediately afterwards, he takes a smoke from his cigarette.

• Wow,weird i don't know what happened,but here's the video i posted in that comment i think.

DabigRG posted: »

Yeah, I loved that. @iFoRias I'm so glad that guy is back. The video isn't there anymore. @Cheddarhead To hear about th

• Oh yeah, this.

I had to start skippin to see if there was anything else after a while.

iFoRias posted: »

Wow,weird i don't know what happened,but here's the video i posted in that comment i think.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.