The Thread of general TWD-related questions

Comments

• Are there any unused models, textures, or animations worth noting?

There are but I'm not sure how much is known so forgive me if you already know about these.

Models:

Mike has a hoodie model that is never used but it looks like it was supposed to be worn in episode 3 as seen in the chapter select.
    Tavia has an unused wounded model with cuts and stiches on her body (like she got involved in a rough fight) and her own 'photo selection' in 400 days. Seems like her chapter was cut for whatever reason or maybe you were just supposed to click on the pictures as opposed to Tavia taking them off the board once you completed the chapter.

textures:
    Kenny's nose was supposed to be broken during the Jane fight, and Jane was supposed to have her head shoved into glass. The final choice was also optionally, shoot Kenny OR Jane. Jane would actually be on top of Kenny in this scenario but at an angle so Clem is able to shoot clearly.

animations:

Tavia was supposed to fall off the edge off the rooftop in episode 4.

There's probably more I'm forgetting but I'll have another look later and edit this question with other stuff.

DabigRG posted: »

By masochistic request(Btw, don't check your PM if you know what's good for you) Repeats What is each characters personal philosophies/

• I forget where I read/heard but apparently Brian Bremer was unavailable during the production of Amid the Ruins and that's why Nick just turned up ...turned. Is that true?

I've heard the same rumour too. I think someone might have tweeted him and that was his response? I've definitely heard that before though so it's probably true. He doesn't get a single line in ep4, not even a reused line to my knowledge.

Is there more thread's like this one on Mike?

God, I hate you so much for linking that thread. People back then were incredibly anti-Kenny beyond all common sense. I get disliking him but jesus christ, how can ANYONE justify taking remaining supplies from a child and baby? Why didn't Mike not at the very least tell Clem about the plan? Everyone in that thread is an absolute moron, god damn.

By masochistic request(Btw, don't check your PM if you know what's good for you) Repeats What is each characters personal philosophies/

• Has there ever been an interview with Nick Breckon, Pierre Shorrette, etc.?

There hasn't been a single thing from Nick about S2. He's part of a video game podcast that has been going on for a couple of years so he might have mentioned S2 in there but I don't think he's ever done an interview. We saw Shorette talk about S2E3 on one of the streams but that's about it as far as I know.

When I came into Season 2 back in June, one of the few spoilery things I "knew" about it going in was that Kenny returns (with a greybeard and a missing eye) as a mentor figure for Clementine. Of course, like a few other things, it didn't go in that direction. Do you think this would've been an interesting idea if they actually utilized it?

I think in some ways they tried to do that. Maybe not 'mentor' her, but keep her on the 'straight' path in a way. Remind her of what she's been through and how far they've come together kind of. I know that Luke was supposed to be Clementine's Clementine in early development. You were supposed to do the hard things that Luke wouldn't be able to do. I think that would've made Luke a far more interesting character imo. S2 needed a moral compass.

Repeats For those who wanna get all Ron the Death Eater: do you think that being right about Eleanor could be a sign of the writers tryin

• Posting here because I need a way to get back to this thread easily (as I predicted, it happened again, what a shocker).

• Having seen a picture of him, is Clementine meant to be a foil to Carl from the TVShow?

Going to answer this real quick:
    Foil, as in, "similar" or an improved version; because I honestly see nothing related between Clem and Carl necessarily; plot wise, character wise, etc. (or so I've heard, but have also seen little things here and there that make me think Carl is an edgelord, which Clem is becoming in season 3 it feels like, but still more tough than Carl).

Repeats For those who wanna get all Ron the Death Eater: do you think that being right about Eleanor could be a sign of the writers tryin

• Okay. I just saw a picture of a white boy with a cowboy and I know people used him as a comparison for Duck(Kenny's Clementine aka Not The Greatest Child in Video Game History) and Gabe, so I assumed her conceptualization, design, and characterization may have been influenced by him.

Spodes posted: »

Having seen a picture of him, is Clementine meant to be a foil to Carl from the TVShow? Going to answer this real quick: Foil, as i

• Tavia has an unused wounded model with cuts and stiches on her body (like she got involved in a rough fight) and her own 'photo selection' in 400 days. Seems like her chapter was cut for whatever reason or maybe you were just supposed to click on the pictures as opposed to Tavia taking them off the board once you completed the chapter.
    Tavia was supposed to fall off the edge off the rooftop in episode 4.

O_o Holy shit...now I'm glad I bothered with that question; this is exactly the type of thing I wanted to hear about. Thanks!
    Is that unused model in 400 Days or Season 2?

Kenny's nose was supposed to be broken during the Jane fight, and Jane was supposed to have her head shoved into glass. The final choice was also optionally, shoot Kenny OR Jane. Jane would actually be on top of Kenny in this scenario but at an angle so Clem is able to shoot clearly.

I do remember hearing about the glass thing once, but not sure about Kenny's nose or the option to actually shoot Jane. Kinda wish those had happened, to be honest.

Graysonn posted: »

Are there any unused models, textures, or animations worth noting? There are but I'm not sure how much is known so forgive me if you

• I know that Luke was supposed to be Clementine's Clementine in early development. I think that would've made Luke a far more interesting character imo. S2 needed a moral compass.

Oh yeah, I did find an old post saying that a while ago; I agree, since it is one of the main things that made him stand out amongst practically all of the Season 2 characters besides maybe Walter. I do believe the final concept of him starting out as a mostly moral character but evolving into a more outwardly selfish/sketchy person was a good idea, but they ultimately didn't climax with it as set up; Elements of that are in one or two places in the final version but they didn't do much with it (or him) for obvious reasons.

Graysonn posted: »

Has there ever been an interview with Nick Breckon, Pierre Shorrette, etc.? There hasn't been a single thing from Nick about S2. He'

• I tried to warn you here, but I guess it didn't do any good. Sorry!

Posting here because I need a way to get back to this thread easily (as I predicted, it happened again, what a shocker).

• I doubt it was really influenced by him, and actually, I liked Duck and he put a smile on my face a few times, but Gabe, oh god, he's beyond edgy and incompetent; it pisses me off.

Okay. I just saw a picture of a white boy with a cowboy and I know people used him as a comparison for Duck(Kenny's Clementine aka Not The G

• edited March 2017

Nah, it's okay, I've never seen the images, as I developed a technique by inadvertently when it first occurred (was looking upwards and saw it in the corner of my eye vaguely, never remembered anything of it but a hat kind of), so whenever I get notification, I'm sure to look up and blur my vision purposely; look for an image, if there is one I look at the top area and can see vaguely if it's "one of those", and it's been working out well. Telltale web devs are to blame though, they could easily make new DM's as a spoiler comment, which would allow you to check their profile, see if it's reputable, and ignore them if not (if people wanted to DM you, they could tell you in a thread or something if you trust them). The state right now though is horrible, anyone can DM you, anyone can spam you, images automatically appear (if they implemented my suggestion, they'd quickly assail threads with images, but would do less damage probably), so I may just block image elements and such because this forum is precarious; filled with exploits for bots to use.

I tried to warn you here, but I guess it didn't do any good. Sorry!

• edited March 2017

Tavia thing was 400 days. Her falling off the roof was Amid the Ruins though.

The Kenny nose thing is pretty gross. Like damn, even if you hate the guy it looks painful.

I'll see if I can show you tomorrow and edit my post with pictures.

Tavia has an unused wounded model with cuts and stiches on her body (like she got involved in a rough fight) and her own 'photo selection' i

• edited March 2017

What is it with TellTale games and missing arms?

Lee's missing arm (The Walking Dead)

Reggie's missing arm (The Walking Dead 2)

Rhys' technically missing arm (Tales from the Borderlands)

Grendel's missing arm (The Wolf Among Us)

Croft almost cutting off Asher's arm only to be discovered he was "joking" (Game of Thrones)

Keep in mind that some of these are determinant and I only really asked this for giggles. :)

• Okay, since he's on the title card of the upcoming episode, what do you think that Paul guy's agenda is?

• Either:
    1. (Would be very predictable) Wants to New Frontier to perish along with Javier's group.
    2. (Still predictable) Will end up backstabbing Javier's group.
    3. We'll have to wait and see since we know nothing about him, maybe he'll end up being more independent.

Okay, since he's on the title card of the upcoming episode, what do you think that Paul guy's agenda is?

• In the comics he is a scout and a recruiter. I feel like he is looking for certain people or maybe he is bringing a message.

Okay, since he's on the title card of the upcoming episode, what do you think that Paul guy's agenda is?

1. Does Bonnie feel remorse for helping bringing destruction to Howes and some of her former group?
    2. Are there any 400 Days protagonists that you think pair well together as friends or partners?
  • Interesting. Guess we'll see how that plays out in two weeks.

In the comics he is a scout and a recruiter. I feel like he is looking for certain people or maybe he is bringing a message.

• Does Bonnie feel remorse for helping bringing destruction to Howes and some of her former group?

No, she doesn't.

Are there any 400 Days protagonists that you think pair well together as friends or partners?

Eh, I don't know, couldn't really answer this well as I don't know too much about them in general, but probably at least one pair maybe.

* Does Bonnie feel remorse for helping bringing destruction to Howes and some of her former group? * Are there any 400 Days protagonists that you think pair well together as friends or partners?

• Does Bonnie feel remorse for helping bringing destruction to Howes and some of her former group?

I'd assume so, given her overall demeanor. Granted, she could've been working with a bunch of assholes. but still.

Are there any 400 Days protagonists that you think pair well together as friends or partners?

Shel and Becca? I don't know, I don't usually think of them as an actual collective.

* Does Bonnie feel remorse for helping bringing destruction to Howes and some of her former group? * Are there any 400 Days protagonists that you think pair well together as friends or partners?

• Well, short answer. To make money.

Making these series takes an arm and a leg. Therefore, they can easily get a free arm by taking it off a character!

ZombiePizza posted: »

What is it with TellTale games and missing arms? Lee's missing arm (The Walking Dead) Reggie's missing arm (The Walking Dead 2) Rhy

• I'd assume so, given her overall demeanor. Granted, she could've been working with a bunch of assholes. but still.

Hypothetically, maybe, but Bonnie never once talks about it, instead starts fitting in with her new group all snug.

Does Bonnie feel remorse for helping bringing destruction to Howes and some of her former group? I'd assume so, given her overall de

• That's why I said I'd assume so. It matches up with her accommodating but guilty characterization but it's never really brought up in the game proper. And to be fair, they all knew the herd was gonna hit anyway and Carver was just being smug about it, so all they did was made sure they gathered around a certain side so they can sneak through them; Troy crashing into the shutter door was gonna be a problem, though.

I'd assume so, given her overall demeanor. Granted, she could've been working with a bunch of assholes. but still. Hypothetically, maybe, but Bonnie never once talks about it, instead starts fitting in with her new group all snug.

• edited March 2017
    1. They said it's releasing on the 28th, right?

2. What is the general opinion on the teaser trailer regarding this community? Do they think it'll be a turn around for the series or continue to be the same to where most of the people here (and on other communities) resent it?

• Helping Kate with her wound is better to me since she is still alive. Yet I still stood to fight since I knew Clem would be in more danger alone and it would be foolish to leave her without backup, also I wanted some revenge.

AronDracula posted: »

Which do you think it's better? Give Mariana a propel burial (A death she didn't deserve) or help Kate clean her gunshot wound which was by her stupidity?

• Yeah but Mariana didn't deserve to die so she needed a propel burial. Leaving her out in the open as a dinner for walkers is just not fair. Also, I still don't understand why Kate went through the gunfire, Mariana was already dead.

Saoralba131 posted: »

Helping Kate with her wound is better to me since she is still alive. Yet I still stood to fight since I knew Clem would be in more danger alone and it would be foolish to leave her without backup, also I wanted some revenge.

• Yeah I completely agree that Kate was acting dumb at that point, but think on the decision of burying Mariana or helping Kate medically his way, if you had the chance to possibly save someone's life at the cost of not being able to bury someone's who has already died then would you rather be digging two graves at the end of the day or only one?

Then again, like I said, I chose to stand and fight because what difference is Javi going to make? He ain't no doctor! In that scenario then definitely stand and fight to save Clem and as a bonus get to give Mariana a proper burial. Even without the burial though nothing is fair anymore in the post-apocalypse and so sometimes these things just happen and you can't help it.

Yeah but Mariana didn't deserve to die so she needed a propel burial. Leaving her out in the open as a dinner for walkers is just not fair. Also, I still don't understand why Kate went through the gunfire, Mariana was already dead.

• Also, I didn't want to hear that Gabe accidentally gave Kate alcohol in her wound which is painful.

Saoralba131 posted: »

Yeah I completely agree that Kate was acting dumb at that point, but think on the decision of burying Mariana or helping Kate medically his

• I haven't actually watched or done it that way myself yet and now I know not to trust Gabe to help me in a tough situation.

Also, I didn't want to hear that Gabe accidentally gave Kate alcohol in her wound which is painful.

• edited March 2017

What's the deal with Carley?

Something about the way she talks to Lee, all upfront about his past which makes her sound confrontational only to reveal she isn't going to tell anyone. Doesn't seem like the smartest thing to do with a murderer. And she does this in front of Clem. Totally careless, even though she knows Lee is looking out for her.

It kinda seems like her social skills are a bit poor.
    And then there's the batteries.

I dunno. I'm thinking she might have a mild form of... something. You know?

• Funny, I was going to bring that up. There's always so much going on in these games, it can be hard to keep track of all the characters. I mentioned in another thread the callous disregard for Howe's residents, but I didn't even think about Bonnie. I mean she knew Vince, Shel, Becca, Russel and wyatt for awhile, right? They had their own camp, for crying out loud. It's pretty silly that there isn't even so much as a throw-away line.

That's why I said I'd assume so. It matches up with her accommodating but guilty characterization but it's never really brought up in the ga

• Honestly, I hate shit like this. Can we focus on one thing at a time? We just saw a little girl get shot in the face, of course we want revenge. Why does Kate have to go and get shot like that? I mean, I just don't give a shit in that context.
    Just there to amp up the drama, it's unneeded. You all know how this shit goes down. She's not gonna die.

I guess burying Mariana, she being family caught in the middle and all; Eleanor can handle Kate. With that said, I'd think it'd be best to g

• Yeah Carley trying to keep it secret, but then saying that in front of Clem is kind of annoying, but then Clem will know what you did, and you can explain it to her. Also it's not like Lee is necessarily dangerous in a sense he's going to kill everyone he sees, but rather he just got so angry that his wife cheated on him that he killed him, and Lee regrets this. Either way I chose Ben over her because I thought I'd rather have someone who's great at making contraptions and useful with technology compared to someone who can shoot well, in which Lee, Clem, and everyone else can too.

Louche posted: »

What's the deal with Carley? Something about the way she talks to Lee, all upfront about his past which makes her sound confrontational o

• Well Jesus in the Comics is a pretty chill guy who actually let himself get captured at one point and could have left his binds at any point but stayed in them because he respected his captors.

His goal by coming to Richmond was to scout it out to see if the rumours about TNF taking Richmond were true. Now that he can get into their base with seemingly, no risk to come to him then he can get a better view of their defences etc.

Most likely Jesus is planning on leaving during the 3rd episode by escaping their community and either going to the Hilltop and informing Maggie and then Rick about what happened in Richmond or possibly any allies they may have closer in the area who have a sizeable enough force to take on TNF.

Either: 1. (Would be very predictable) Wants to New Frontier to perish along with Javier's group. 2. (Still predictable) Will end up backs

• Yeah, personally, I would've just had Mariana get shot and she'd be the one getting operated on and smuggled into Richmond.

Honestly, I hate shit like this. Can we focus on one thing at a time? We just saw a little girl get shot in the face, of course we want reve

• Yeah. Granted, them being there is determinate, but then just make it a determinate line at that point.

Funny, I was going to bring that up. There's always so much going on in these games, it can be hard to keep track of all the characters. I m

• Either way I chose Ben over her because I thought I'd rather have someone who's great at making contraptions and useful with technology compared to someone who can shoot well, in which Lee, Clem, and everyone else can too.

Doug.

Yeah Carley trying to keep it secret, but then saying that in front of Clem is kind of annoying, but then Clem will know what you did, and y

• Yeah I keep mistaking that, I don't know why, maybe they're just a bit similar or something.

Either way I chose Ben over her because I thought I'd rather have someone who's great at making contraptions and useful with technology compared to someone who can shoot well, in which Lee, Clem, and everyone else can too. Doug.

• Okay, I realize I haven't been clear enough with this recurring question and should've been more specific: Among each of the characters, who do you count as being optimistic, cynical, realistic, or apathetic?

• How different would Around Every Corner and No Time Left be if Chuck had not separated from the group?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.