The Thread of general TWD-related questions

Comments

• Hey, i really love this game, so what are the possibilities for a new season (season 4) after ANF?

• probably Bonnie, because after Luke died she was smoking da kushh

Which characters from throughout the series would say "yes" to Kate's offer of a dank joint? (Besides obvious Eddie and Wyatt)

• I have a feeling that in episode five he's going to sacrifies himself to save Clementine, because he really likes her

AronDracula posted: »

How do you think Gabe should die?

• Oh yeah, I forgot about that.

KaiMaestro posted: »

probably Bonnie, because after Luke died she was smoking da kushh

• Pretty much guaranteed, they just haven't decided anything definite yet. I asked about new material during an ama, they are open to a new season as well as doing another miniseries before then.

Hey, i really love this game, so what are the possibilities for a new season (season 4) after ANF?

• That was a cigarette lol

probably Bonnie, because after Luke died she was smoking da kushh

• This is a question to everyone.

Who do you hate more, Gabe or Arvo?

• definitely Arvo, He's being a douche to Clem, even when you're being really nice to him in s2. Gabe is really nice to Clem (I know everyone hates Gabe cause he's a pussy).

Findagon posted: »

This is a question to everyone. Who do you hate more, Gabe or Arvo?

• Was that a cigarette XD my bad. But still

That was a cigarette lol

• Okay, I'm a little bored at the moment, so...
    Repeats

Given the Season's track record, do you think Jane was intentionally designed with the option of replacing Luke and Sarah in mind?

Do you would it've been better from a dramatic standpoint if it was Mike, Bonnie, and Arvo you had to decide over in the Jane ending instead Randy, Patricia, and Gil?

How does a thread about Pizza and Ice Cream: Alternative Scenarios sound?

How does a thread about Hypothetical Fights in general sound?

If Luke was trying to be a Paragon, who/what would be his opposite?

What hobbies do you think the characters have/had?

In the event that you don't help Luke push the cannon to the gate on the observation deck, does the game over cutscene take Sarah into account?

How much time had passed between 400 Days and Season 2?

What characters do you think could've been combined to streamline the undergone this process story into a more focused narrative? Why?
    What type of pony would each character be? Who would be a non-pony?

When I came into Season 2 back in June, one of the few spoilery things I "knew" about it going in was that Kenny returns (with a greybeard and a missing eye) as a mentor figure for Clementine. Of course, like a few other things, it didn't go in that direction. Do you think this would've been an interesting idea if they actually utilized it?

Which characters would you describe as optimistic, cynical, realistic, or apathetic?

• I personally like both characters, but I guess Arvo would be the lesser.

• As much as I detest the shitter that Gabe is, I have to say Arvo because he shoots an 11-year-old girl unnecessarily, Arvo needs to die.

• "Luke, he's becoming the danger to the group!"

AronDracula posted: »

Yes, he was always a burden to the group.

• I just read it with Nick's voice.

fallandir posted: »

"Luke, he's becoming the danger to the group!"

• Who do you think looks after AJ if he is alive, well and on that Ranch Lingard mentioned?

• Do you would it've been better from a dramatic standpoint if it was Mike, Bonnie, and Arvo you had to decide over in the Jane ending instead Randy, Patricia, and Gil?

Uh, not really...maybe if you had an option to shoot them, let them in, or send them off, it would render a harder decision, and a more respectable Jane ending.

How does a thread about Hypothetical Fights in general sound?

Don't care too much about this honestly, but that's just me.

When I came into Season 2 back in June, one of the few spoilery things I "knew" about it going in was that Kenny returns (with a greybeard and a missing eye) as a mentor figure for Clementine. Of course, like a few other things, it didn't go in that direction. Do you think this would've been an interesting idea if they actually utilized it?

Not sure, I don't think Kenny has ever been a mentor figure for almost anyone, and he instead stayed his "group leader" and adamant self, which I enjoyed (he also is willing to sacrifice his life for loved ones, even losing an eye for Clem). I think Kenny could've taught Clem some things here and there, but not mentor, that was more for Lee, and what would Kenny mentor Clem in the first place? I mean, she's already got morals, intelligence, great accuracy while shooting, etc. Maybe he'd teach her how to form plans for the group, and to stick to your guns.

Which characters would you describe as optimistic, cynical, realistic, or apathetic?

I'll just list some characters here and there, I had fun making it regardless.

• Well, Clem in season 1 is optimistic kind of, but also shows realism of her situation and surroundings, at least she's quite happy a lot of the times. In season 2 Clem is rather pessimistic, determinantly optimistic, etc., so I'm not going into this. Season 3 Clem could be depicted as apathetic in many affairs, and has a more realistic/Jane-like attitude.

• Kenny is realistic, not necessarily cynical, but rightfully skeptical of other people in this dangerous world (Clem can be as well from seasons 2 and above).

• Lee is determinantly optimistic, cynical, realistic, and apathetic, as long as pretty much any playable character.

• Christa is realistic in many times, but also showed optimism for Lee's bite which wasn't realistic, so it's a mixture.

• Omid is optimistic for sure.

• Ben is realistic/pessimistic.

• Katjaa is realistic.

• Lilly is realistic.

• Carver is apathetic.

• Rebecca is realistic -- thinking Clementine's story sounds made up as a dog in the apocalypse is rare (I still would think people could tell the difference between a walker bite and a long dog bite laceration, but apparently not...I also think it's 2 years into the apocalypse, why would a little girl lie about this, especially when everyone knows how walkers function, and Clem showed clear comprehension of it).

• Alvin...I really don't know, I don't know much about his character honestly, he wasn't optimistic all the time, wasn't cynical, didn't show realism really, or apathy. He seemed to just agree with Rebecca and provide for her as much as he could. Sarita is another one of these people, and maybe she fits into the "optimism" category, but even then I don't have enough important dialogue to deduce that.

• Molly is realistic.

• Jane is very cynical and realistic.

• Jaime was apathetic (didn't give a damn and was depressed).

• Mike is optimistic.

• Luke is a mixture of realistic (trying to convey Rebecca needs rest and other group conditions) and optimistic (seeing the bright side of things here and there).

DabigRG posted: »

Okay, I'm a little bored at the moment, so... Repeats Given the Season's track record, do you think Jane was intentionally designed with

• I've heard some people theorize Christa, but I don't know.

Who do you think looks after AJ if he is alive, well and on that Ranch Lingard mentioned?

• Arvo, how is this a question? At least Gabe's heart is in the right place and he just wants to take charge and help protect his loved ones. Arvo is a shitbag commie fuck

• Arvo is a shitbag commie fuck

this

god damn commies

Arvo, how is this a question? At least Gabe's heart is in the right place and he just wants to take charge and help protect his loved ones. Arvo is a shitbag commie fuck

• In season 2, would you have liked a scene where Clementine explains to Kenny how she got her laceration? Either at the lodge where she still has the bandage on for sure (could roll up her sleeve to, the discussion would invoke on how it occurred). Or possibly 2 weeks after the laceration where she can remove the stitches (you're supposed to remove the sutures after two weeks, but I guess she just left them in her forearm all of this time).

I've thought about this a few times, and would like to know if you also wanted to see this occur.

Also, how come Jane didn't stay in the back of the truck to keep pressure on Clem's entrance and exit wound while she was passed out, and even while she was awake...or at least put something over the wound the can soak blood for awhile and keep pressure. Instead Jane sits in the passenger seat arguing with Kenny.

• Gabe wanted to teach Clementine how to play cards. Arvo shot her in the shoulder. I cant find any reason to like the russian guy.

• I recall Lee saying something around:
    "A(n) is never not useful"

Was the word "axe"? I can't remember what the word is 100%.

• I believe it was a shovel.

Spodes posted: »

I recall Lee saying something around: "A(n) is never not useful" Was the word "axe"? I can't remember what the word is 100%.

• Arvo because I didn't rob him and he still shot Clem.

• Oh yeah! I remember now, this was a bit before he dug up the Dog's corpse with the electric dog collar. Thanks for the answer.

I believe it was a shovel.

• Given the Season's track record, do you think Jane was intentionally designed with the option of replacing Luke and Sarah in mind?

I feel like Jane was meant to represent Clem's option of distancing herself from the rest of the group altogether. In the end though I still think it was originally gonna be Luke vs Kenny though.

Do you would it've been better from a dramatic standpoint if it was Mike, Bonnie, and Arvo you had to decide over in the Jane ending instead Randy, Patricia, and Gil?

No, because for the family you are unsure of who they are and they could be helpful or evil. For Bonnie/Mike/Arvo, you already know that they one is willing to shoot a kid while the others are willing to just abandon said kid ("you and 99.8% of players did not let Arvo in Howe's"). It would be interesting to decide their fates however.

How does a thread about Pizza and Ice Cream: Alternative Scenarios + Hypothetical Fights sound?

I always like these types of threads so I'd think they'd be fun.

If Luke was trying to be a Paragon, who/what would be his opposite?

Sort of confused on what you mean by this, though out of all the characters I feel like Troy would probably be the opposite of Luke.

What hobbies do you think the characters have/had?

Not sure, though I feel like Max used to be a hunter and Badger was a criminal in a gang before the apocalypse even happened.

In the event that you don't help Luke push the cannon to the gate on the observation deck, does the game over cutscene take Sarah into account?

It doesn't.

• Optimistic: Omid
    • Cynical: Bonnie or Jane
    • Realistic: Katjaa
    • Apathetic: Joan

Okay, I'm a little bored at the moment, so... Repeats Given the Season's track record, do you think Jane was intentionally designed with

• edited May 2017

Why did telltale not bringback anyone from previous seasons (except for clem kenny jane and aj ofcourse)? And who do you like to see come back?

• Christa, and I'd prefer Kenny actually live, but I lost any interest in season 3, so I separate seasons 1 and 2 between 3.

Why did telltale not bringback anyone from previous seasons (except for clem kenny jane and aj ofcourse)? And who do you like to see come back?

• edited May 2017

Probably someone from those reused NPC models that we have seen a thousand times during this season.

Or if we're lucky, maybe someone from 400 Days? Quite unlikely I know, but it would be kinda cool.

Who do you think looks after AJ if he is alive, well and on that Ranch Lingard mentioned?

• Lilly please :)))

• I always thought Becca and Tavia deserved more screentime in Season 2. And outside of them, Lilly, Mike, and Arvo were my main three contenders during the initial Season 3 hype.

• How much time passes in between s1e2 and s1e3?

• Kenny says something like a week or two? He mentions the station wagon a couple of weeks ago.

How much time passes in between s1e2 and s1e3?

• Yeah that's where my confusion lies, in whether it was one week or two.

Surely the station wagon good lasted more than just 7 days?

Kenny says something like a week or two? He mentions the station wagon a couple of weeks ago.

• Did it make a difference in season 3 whether you let the family in or not in the Jane ending?

• Yes--one throwaway line where the family either got hungry and took half the food or broke in and took half the food.

Bonbomb posted: »

Did it make a difference in season 3 whether you let the family in or not in the Jane ending?

• It could just be me mistaking his back for his front, but did anyone else notice that "Kelvin" was considering checking the closet Javier and Gabe were hiding in?

• Was Badger actually loyal to Joan ?

• Surely the station wagon good lasted more than just 7 days?

Hmm, but how long did they say the food lasted them? Didn't they say a month or two/three? So 1 week wouldn't make any sense if this is the case for sure.

Yeah that's where my confusion lies, in whether it was one week or two. Surely the station wagon good lasted more than just 7 days?

• edited May 2017

As bad as Joan is I don't think she'd encourage things such as killing little girls or cutting off innocent people's fingers just for fun, since it would look bad on TNF and can't be justified in any way. Of course if they did happen she wouldn't care but they aren't exactly things on her to-do list for Badger. I think Badger obeyed her but only because she gave orders to loot places, which allowed him to cause harm to others just for fun. To compare, David is more straight-forward + doesn't order raids and Badger hates him. If Joan was nothing but the sweet innocent leader we saw at the start of EP3, I guarantee Badger would go behind her back eventually.

If I had to rank the main NF characters by how loyal they are to Joan, it'd probably be like: Clint > Lonnie > Rufus > Badger > Max > Lingard > David

Was Badger actually loyal to Joan ?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.