WONDER WOMAN REVIEWS ARE OUT - DC Great Again!

Comments

• I hope Steve at The Guardian is proud to be the only professional reviewer so far to give the movie a shit review.

• Fuck DC movies they all suck.

• just wait a bit. no surefire way to tell.

• Funny. That's how I feel about all superhero movies. Especially Marvel. At least DC has tried to be dark.

Fuck DC movies they all suck.

• 36 fresh
    1 rotten

It's no use

just wait a bit. no surefire way to tell.

• I had the same ideology a long ago :)

Fuck DC movies they all suck.

• if wonder woman is actually good i'm going to cry tears of joy.

although these reviews could just be women on tumblr who feel empowered by pandering.

MasterStone posted: »

36 fresh 1 rotten It's no use

• Some of the top critics have called it one of the best superhero movies they've ever seen. So I have faith.

if wonder woman is actually good i'm going to cry tears of joy. although these reviews could just be women on tumblr who feel empowered by pandering.

• Here's to hoping it stays at an 80 or above. I actually have faith in a DC movie again.

• edited May 2017

The reviews which are in so far, are written by about equal parts men and women. The two reviews giving it 9/10 are by one of each. I don't think there's a gender bias.

if wonder woman is actually good i'm going to cry tears of joy. although these reviews could just be women on tumblr who feel empowered by pandering.

• do we know the identities of the critics though? like do their personal biases come into play? i just really want the movie to be good so i'm not taking any chances in case the film is just pandering.

ralo229 posted: »

Some of the top critics have called it one of the best superhero movies they've ever seen. So I have faith.

• edited May 2017

That won't stop some of the idiots on the internet who'll claim that the only reasons the critics gave this movie a good review was to not come off as sexists. Every critically well received female led movie has that one group of assholes.

Johro posted: »

The reviews which are in so far, are written by about equal parts men and women. The two reviews giving it 9/10 are by one of each. I don't think there's a gender bias.

• good, good. if DC saves wonder woman and makes a good movie i'll be so fucking happy. we already have a good teen titans movie, a good flash movie, a good superman movie and 3 good batman movies. i want to see wonder woman done right so bad, she's one of my favorite superheroes.

• The ones that have a top critic tag next to their name are generally well respected.

do we know the identities of the critics though? like do their personal biases come into play? i just really want the movie to be good so i'm not taking any chances in case the film is just pandering.

• I was looking at actual reviews. I don't put any stock in RT. Not for years. They were fairly reliable about a decade or so ago. Now? Well... Go look at the movies rated 95-100. Yes, there's great movies in there. There's also terrible movies. A lot of terrible movies.

• odds are sounding pretty good but i personally won't get my hopes up. don't want to be disappointed.

The ones that have a top critic tag next to their name are generally well respected.

• Consensus

Thrilling, earnest, and buoyed by Gal Gadot's charismatic performance, Wonder Woman succeeds in spectacular fashion.

good, good. if DC saves wonder woman and makes a good movie i'll be so fucking happy. we already have a good teen titans movie, a good flash

• dope

Consensus Thrilling, earnest, and buoyed by Gal Gadot's charismatic performance, Wonder Woman succeeds in spectacular fashion.

• So good like original Iron Man good as in its fine, or are we talking Logan or Dark Knight levels of quality?

• Less Dark Knight, more Darkman.

Nah, I haven't seen it. I just really wanted to make a Darkman reference. Good ole pre-fame Liam Neeson and Sam Raimi. That movie was still better than the Spider-mans though.

• PLEASE! Wonder Woman is my favorite superhero character, I need this to be good!!!! <3 ;-;

• So what are the DC fans who said the critics were paid for by Marvel going to say now?

• edited May 2017

"We are only human! We were in a crisis!" Or something like that

So what are the DC fans who said the critics were paid for by Marvel going to say now?

• edited May 2017

Still not seeing it although it definitely looks much better than Justice League 2017.

• ...and nothing else. At least the folks behind Marvel know what competent means.

Funny. That's how I feel about all superhero movies. Especially Marvel. At least DC has tried to be dark.

• That Marvel paid critics to give good reviews for DC?

So what are the DC fans who said the critics were paid for by Marvel going to say now?

• enter image description here

Very hyped for this one. I personally liked BvS and Man Of Steel (especially MoS). SS was shit though.

• edited May 2017

Well the reviews have been really good....and it has my type of feminism...which is that men and women are equal partners in the world. I hate the anti-male feminists...they disgust me as much as the red pill idiots. I hope it does well in the box office.

• I'm probably not gonna see it, but it looks better than the rest of the DCEU that's for sure.

Susan Eisenberg (from Justice League and Unlimited) will always be the best Wonder Woman, IMO.

• CathalOHaraCathalOHara Moderator

Thank God, I was really worried for DC's future. I was really not fond of the previous two movies, didn't mind Man of Steel too much though.

• So this is a good DC movie since The Dark Knight Rises.

• First live action movie. There was another good DC movie this year.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_lego_batman_movie/

AronDracula posted: »

So this is a good DC movie since The Dark Knight Rises.

• Well I might consider giving this a try then.

• I forgot about it but this is just an animated movie, DC seems to do better with animated movies than live-action.

First live action movie. There was another good DC movie this year. https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_lego_batman_movie/

• I don't think it will leave the 90s from the way its looks

Here's to hoping it stays at an 80 or above. I actually have faith in a DC movie again.

• Wonder Woman is my least fave superhero, but I'm still seeing it. I've heard nothing but good things about this movie, so I'm willing to see if DC has improved, even if it's wonder woman.

• I'm tired of seeing the over done love and romance in super hero movies and tv shows but I'm looking forward to gotham's city sirens and I'm glad the movie is being well received.

• Well after the tragedy known as Suicide Squad and the very questionable BvS it's nice to see a DC with a great score but... BEFORE PUBLIC RELEASE So we'll see how the public take to this, like every DC or Marvel film I will always judge myself. Don't trust reviews half the time

• edited May 2017

A DC movie finally gets good reviews and people still find excuses to bash the critics. These people are never fucking satisfied are they?

enter image description here

• It's good to see a DC movie do good especially with movies such as Batman V Superman and Suicide Squad.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.