Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about The Walking Dead

Comments

• I did an entire replaythrough of the game assuming I had to suck up to Clem to get her to stick with me. I'm glad it's actually this.

This lets me be more flexible with my options

If you accept Ava's offer and inject AJ, your Clem will be loyal and she will follow Javi's lead. If you accept Ava's offer and obey them

• Clementine can either kiss Gabe while he's dying or she can hold his hand and tell him to be strong for whatever comes next.

• Bonnie can die if you don't break the ice.

Clementine can either kiss Gabe while he's dying or she can hold his hand and tell him to be strong for whatever comes next.

• I think he is more similair to Abrahan from the comics: both are really big guys and they swear a lot.

DabigRG posted: »

Tripp was the most obvious Kenny Expy in ANF, tbh.

• David turned into a bad-written character :/

Throughout the whole season David gave Javier shit for leaving when people most needed him. Said he was a coward for tucking his tail betwe

• edited June 2017

Kids were dying in Richmond. It's not their fault Joan was an asshole.

ravve posted: »

You are incorrect to judge David based on that. The people where David put his time, effort and work to turned on him to kill him withou

• He was always just a walking trope - the feuding older brother.

David turned into a bad-written character

• edited June 2017

If you rejected Kate's love confession in episode 4 , would she stIll kiss Javier no matter what in episode 5 when David says we should leave Richmond?

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

No, instead when she says she couldn't believe she loved David, she walks up to Javier and says she couldn't believe she loved either of them.

Killah posted: »

If you rejected Kate's love confession in episode 4 , would she stIll kiss Javier no matter what in episode 5 when David says we should leave Richmond?

• edited June 2017

Don't forget his constant petty jealousy towards his little brother in nearly every interaction with him in flashbacks, and even in the present time when it comes to being a better family man than David could ever be.

I honestly don't think David ever saw Javier as a brother. Their relationship was artificial at best. I honestly think David using the word 'family' as an excuse to criticize Javier whenever he could, without realizing his own lack of devotion to his living relatives in the present time, simply because David preferred to be in the army and fight than to stay with Kate, Gabe, and Mariana.

And then there's how he abandons the people of Richmond he's sworn to protect, simply because a few members turned traitor and tried to have him executed for knowing too much. He also snatches a baby from a child before kicking her out and tries to be a parent in her place, gets fed up after a few weeks, and then leaves the baby to someone else so he wouldn't have to deal with him anymore.

David turns out exactly how he had perceived Javier to be the entire time, while Javier emerged as a better family man and leader than David could ever hope to be.

Throughout the whole season David gave Javier shit for leaving when people most needed him. Said he was a coward for tucking his tail betwe

• They have things in common, but are completely different people. Kenny is a good guy, David is not at all.

The parallels between Kenny and David are endless. * Both are separated from their loved ones and reunited at a later time after one of

• Does that make David punch Javi?

dojo32161 posted: »

No, instead when she says she couldn't believe she loved David, she walks up to Javier and says she couldn't believe she loved either of them.

• Yes. Thanks a fucking lot Kate.

Acheive250 posted: »

Does that make David punch Javi?

• edited June 2017

Yes, they fight no matter what.

Does that make David punch Javi?

• Pfft. So much for the "Make peace with David" outcome, Telltale!

Fangirl101 posted: »

Yes, they fight no matter what.

• edited June 2017

I hate it how if you did choose to be with Kate, she kisses Javi right in front of David. I mean, why would she purposely make things worse like that?

AronDracula posted: »

Yes. Thanks a fucking lot Kate.

• I know right! :D

Pfft. So much for the "Make peace with David" outcome, Telltale!

• Because she is a bitch. How is Telltale supposed to make me care about Javi's family? They're all incosistant.

I hate it how if you did choose to be with Kate, she kisses Javi right in front of David. I mean, why would she purposely make things worse like that?

• Javi is bi

Nikolaj-11 posted: »

Bonnie can die if you don't break the ice.

• edited June 2017

They (the people, adults) could have questioned Joan or demand justice. At the least one could say that they did not betray and agreed to kill David.

If the children dies then it is completely on their parents for agreeing to kill an innocent good man of them.

Flog61 posted: »

Kids were dying in Richmond. It's not their fault Joan was an asshole.

• "Petty" jealousy? His brother was having fun while David couldn't because he was responsable for family. He hated his job, had argument s with Kate and felt that he was going nowhere in life. Of course he, like any other human being in that situation, would become jealous.

David was jealous on Javier because his pa liked Javier more than David. David tried to put Javier down because of that, not because he hates him.

If person A goes by a person who is getting raped while screaming for help, if person A doesn't even do anything to prevent, stop or help then person A is a criminal. Especially if the rape victim has helped A from before.

The people did not even question or demand justice for David, thus they are no different than a deaf, blind and unable to move Joan villian. If the at least did something, then one could call them innocent but they did even try to help a good man they know. In other words they betrayed and agreed to kill him. That alone is more than enough evidence that these people are in general evil.

He kicked out Clementine to maintain order. She knew the punishment but did it anyway.

He gave away AJ out of kindness to not die of the winter as other people did. Him having enough of AJ is a lie.

No either is Javier written to be very stupid to help traitors, or he is going to rule with iron hand which is the logical option. David is much better leader than Javier, he is trained soldier and knows how to face threats from other humans.

RichWalk23 posted: »

Don't forget his constant petty jealousy towards his little brother in nearly every interaction with him in flashbacks, and even in the pres

• edited June 2017

"Petty" jealousy? His brother was having fun while David couldn't because he was responsable for family. He hated his job, had argument s with Kate and felt that he was going nowhere in life. Of course he, like any other human being in that situation, would become jealous. David was jealous on Javier because his pa liked Javier more than David. David tried to put Javier down because of that, not because he hates him.

It doesn't justify David's attitude towards Javier, since he's living a life of his own while David chose to go to the army, chose to have a family, and chose to stay with Kate. The father may like Javier more, but that doesn't mean David should take it out on Javier.

If person A goes by a person who is getting raped while screaming for help, if person A doesn't even do anything to prevent, stop or help then person A is a criminal. Especially if the rape victim has helped A from before.

...What has this got to do with a feud between two brothers?

The people did not even question or demand justice for David, thus they are no different than a deaf, blind and unable to move Joan villian. If the at least did something, then one could call them innocent but they did even try to help a good man they know. In other words they betrayed and agreed to kill him. That alone is more than enough evidence that these people are in general evil.

Whether or not these people just so happens to share the exact same mindset that Joan had when she tried to have David executed, it doesn't change the fact that David is still a leader of Richmond, and he doesn't even hesitate to throw everyone, including the children and those who may not even have been present to the public execution event, to the wolves because of the action of one person.

He doesn't even try to regain control, make amends, or rally his own loyal subjects. He runs off at the first chance he gets without even knowing the full story and knowing who to trust. Why was he even made a leader to begin with?

Also, it's likely a case of Bystander Syndrome. With that many people there, an individual would be less inclined to act in a situation they're not 100% sure of. They see one leader accusing another of turning traitor and making a public execution as a result. For all we know, these people were scared of saying anything in case they would be executed as well by a madwoman.

He kicked out Clementine to maintain order. She knew the punishment but did it anyway. He gave away AJ out of kindness to not die of the winter as other people did. Him having enough of AJ is a lie.

Why maintain order by snatching a baby from someone who is going to be kicked out anyway? And considering that he himself said that "we should have left him in the woods to die a week ago", it's hardly an act of kindness and more as an act of spite, because David wanted to show Clementine that he's in control, not her. Why kick her out and leave her to think that David would kill AJ now that she isn't here to protect him?

Besides, Dr. Lingard also breaks the rules to get himself high, and yet he's excused. Doctor or no, this makes no sense for David to keep him while punishing Clementine for this one act of theft for a good cause.

No either is Javier written to be very stupid to help traitors, or he is going to rule with iron hand which is the logical option. David is much better leader than Javier, he is trained soldier and knows how to face threats from other humans.

And yet he abandons a community under the presumption that everyone within the area is a traitor and wants his blood. He runs off with Gabe in one ending and immediately gets himself and his son killed. He's a trained soldier, but he has little to no control of his emotions, paranoia and anger, and has no experience of diffusing a situation in a non-lethal manner, which is an important trait a soldier has.

David chooses to run off with his only son over a love triangle with Javier and Kate, while Javier can choose to rescue and clean up Richmond and gain everyone's trust, and consider taking up David's mantle. I would think that Javier had made a more effective leader than a deserter.

ravve posted: »

"Petty" jealousy? His brother was having fun while David couldn't because he was responsable for family. He hated his job, had argument s wi

• Dude i don't know

Uh... can I aks hay you'te triggered?

• It doesn't justify David's attitude towards Javier, since he's living a life of his own while David chose to go to the army, chose to have a family, and chose to stay with Kate. The father may like Javier more, but that doesn't mean David should take it out on Javier.

It doesn't, I wrote it because David's attitude is not based purely on hate on Javier just because he is his elder brother as some try to paint.

...What has this got to do with a feud between two brothers?

It isn't. It is linked with the third text to explain as a metaphor about the people of Richmond.

Whether or not these people just so happens to share the exact same mindset that Joan had when she tried to have David executed, it doesn't change the fact that David is still a leader of Richmond, and he doesn't even hesitate to throw everyone, including the children and those who may not even have been present to the public execution event, to the wolves because of the action of one person.

These people did not even pretend to lie for justice, the plainly accepted that a leader who has done a lot of good to them is getting killed. Is there any difference between them and a devil unable to move, hear and communicate? No. If they tried to do their best, then they could not be blamed. But they didn't and accepting evil actions is like being part of it. They are to blame as much as Joan and everyone who did utter a negative about the injustice.

As for their children dying, it is completely on their parents because they choose to not act. David is not to blame an inch for the consequences of other people's action. It is their fault for betraying a good person, and now they have to face to consequences.

He doesn't even try to regain control, make amends, or rally his own loyal subjects. He runs off at the first chance he gets without even knowing the full story and knowing who to trust. Why was he even made a leader to begin with?

They agreed to kill him and betrayed him despite everything he has done for them. They do not deserve a good leader or David. And if they want, then they have to make very good appealing deal to David as to make have the last word or be without his leadership, because of their action.

Also, it's likely a case of Bystander Syndrome. With that many people there, an individual would be less inclined to act in a situation they're not 100% sure of. They see one leader accusing another of turning traitor and making a public execution as a result. For all we know, these people were scared of saying anything in case they would be executed as well by a madwoman.

Does not justify anything. They had the chance to prove themselves to David, and they did not even took it or uttered anything agains or pleaded.

Why maintain order by snatching a baby from someone who is going to be kicked out anyway? And considering that he himself said that "we should have left him in the woods to die a week ago", it's hardly an act of kindness and more as an act of spite, because David wanted to show Clementine that he's in control, not her. Why kick her out and leave her to think that David would kill AJ now that she isn't here to protect him?

Snatching the baby is to show the severe punishment in case anyone have a thought about doing a similiar crime. By having tough punishment, order is better maintained.

In case you haven't seen ep5, David says as confirmed by dr Lingard that David was a good father to AJ and that he gave him up to save AJ from the winter that took lives.
    Besides, Dr. Lingard also breaks the rules to get himself high, and yet he's excused. Doctor or no, this makes no sense for David to keep him while punishing Clementine for this one act of theft for a good cause.

David can justify that because dr Lingard is a doctor. Clementine is not a doctor or have valueable skills needed by them.

And yet he abandons a community under the presumption that everyone within the area is a traitor and wants his blood. He runs off with Gabe in one ending and immediately gets himself and his son killed. He's a trained soldier, but he has little to no control of his emotions, paranoia and anger, and has no experience of diffusing a situation in a non-lethal manner, which is an important trait a soldier has.

Almost everyone in Richmond betrayed him. Why work to people again who betrayed who? Any sane person would ditch traitors.
    Diffusing a situation in a non-lethal manner? Those situations required violence and showing dominance which are traits of a strong leader. Be kind and people won't respect. Be dominant, rude, violent, just and people will obey. Those are traits needed in a strong leader which David has.

He could not control his emotion when his family betrayed him like that, which any sane person would behave the same.

David chooses to run off with his only son over a love triangle with Javier and Kate, while Javier can choose to rescue and clean up Richmond and gain everyone's trust, and consider taking up David's mantle. I would think that Javier had made a more effective leader than a deserter.

His wife betrayed him, his community and he assumed that Javier did it too. Why would he stay with traitors? As for Javier leading Richmond, he would be realistically taken advantage of the people or have little authority because his character and because he helps people who betrayed his brother, which is weakness in eyes of people he would lead.

RichWalk23 posted: »

"Petty" jealousy? His brother was having fun while David couldn't because he was responsable for family. He hated his job, had argument s wi

• Fuck. This makes me hate Kate more than David now.

dojo32161 posted: »

• Rufus and Fern's daughter is called Ida.

• David's fatal bite mark on his neck is exactly where his brand was, possibly symbolizing how TNF lead to his own fatal demise.

• edited June 2017

Clementine can accidentally cause a car crash which kills Kenny and leaves her with a scar on her brow.

Gabe accidentally causes a car crash which kills David and leaves him with a scar on his brow.

• Maybe the walker asked him politely did he want to get rid of his ugly tattoo and he said yes?

David's fatal bite mark on his neck is exactly where his brand was, possibly symbolizing how TNF lead to his own fatal demise.

• Umm I beg to differ though, I thought Gabe's scar was caused when he was hit with David's wrench?

Clementine can accidentally cause a car crash which kills Kenny and leaves her with a scar on her brow. Gabe accidentally causes a car crash which kills David and leaves him with a scar on his brow.

• Oh shit youre right. I stand corrected.

HammyShow posted: »

Umm I beg to differ though, I thought Gabe's scar was caused when he was hit with David's wrench?

• During Javi and David's fight Clem will either shoot David on the arm or point a gun on his head depending on whether you shot Kenny in season 2.

• edited June 2017

CMIIW, at the end of episode 5, after the brief conversation with Dr. Lingard (if you didn't inject him), he states that he will be leaving Richmond. So, that makes Eleanor taking his place as the doctor in charge.

• edited June 2017

If you decide to leave Richmond with Kate in Episode 3, Ava has the possibility of calling you out on having the most pathetic pleas she has ever heard in her life. This happens if you choose the "bad" options (the ones where you say that you're just trying to protect your family) when you have to convince her to trust you at the armory in Episode 4.

Also, she will mention that the only reason why she trusts Javi is because she has a "thing" for the underdogs.

• edited June 2017

I could offer a long, detailed, and analytical explanation as to why Kate would do something like this, but in the interest of time, it's easier to just say that Kate is a huge bitch. I think this song pretty much sums up Kate's character quite well, just replace Kyle's mom with Kate.

• That's a strange name.

Rufus and Fern's daughter is called Ida.

• For those with the Ava alive ending: There is actually a brief glitch that happens for a split second that many people don't notice. After Ava dies and you talk to Clem about Aj and David, the camera pans to show both Javy and Clem. Right behind them you can actually see Tripp walking with you in the back even though he was shot in the neck in episode 4. When the camera changes he's gone again.

• edited June 2017

Also, she will mention that the only reason why she trusts Javi is because she has a "thing" for the underdogs.

Guess that further explains her knack with Clementine, AJ, Gabe, and the other Richmond kids.

Still, I didn't know about that line.

Findagon posted: »

If you decide to leave Richmond with Kate in Episode 3, Ava has the possibility of calling you out on having the most pathetic pleas she has

• Yeah, I know, but small reference pools, y'know?

LeeClemKen posted: »

I think he is more similair to Abrahan from the comics: both are really big guys and they swear a lot.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.