Life Is Strange - True Colors Out Now, Bonus Episode "Wavelengths" September 30th

Comments

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited June 2017

I'd be willing to bet she doesn't have any supernatural gifts.

Yeah, I only wanted to see Rachel's time travel powers (I'm sure she has powers)

• This is GOOD.
    They already have an estimate of what'll go on to give a good time like that...
    Cool.

Wow, the prequel (3 episodes) will be up to 9 hours long in total. Meanwhile season 3 was 5 episodes and 6.5 hours in total. What a shame. Good for LiS, though.

• edited June 2017

I've just had an interesting thought/idea.

Before the Storm is meant to be a Prequel to the first game, but I don't think that the DLC necessarily has to make ties to the first game by making this story all about Chloe's life before she was reunited with Max in Blackwell Academy.

The DLC could make a bold move by NOT having Chloe's story be inevitably tied to the story of the first game, and instead allow the player to actively change Chloe's life and behaviour by choosing the choices that causes her to turn away from becoming who she was in the original game.

The original game had different timelines due to Max changing the past, why not have the DLC do something similar but without time powers? I would like to think that this game could explore the idea of having Chloe make different choices that ultimately leads to an ending where she has a similar life that Alternate Timeline Chloe had, but without being bound to a wheelchair.

Considering that Life is Strange was originally called 'What if?', this idea could fit well in the DLC.

• I think Chloe has a lot more in common with David from ANF. What you said about Kenny fits David's character much worse.

RichWalk23 posted: »

I know you're talking about character role and advertising, but honestly, Chloe have a lot more in common with Kenny than Clementine. The

• I guess we'll see...

dojo32161 posted: »

I'd be willing to bet she doesn't have any supernatural gifts.

• Hey, that would be nice!

I've just had an interesting thought/idea. Before the Storm is meant to be a Prequel to the first game, but I don't think that the DLC ne

• Soooo has deck nine or dontod announced that the bounus “farwell” episode with max will be available the same day as episode 1 or will it come out later because I pre ordered the deluxe edition.

• It won't be out until the mini series is already finished.

Creeper1846 posted: »

Soooo has deck nine or dontod announced that the bounus “farwell” episode with max will be available the same day as episode 1 or will it come out later because I pre ordered the deluxe edition.

• Why do I have a feeling I've read somewhere about the prequel having multiple endings?

Not very likely, I think.

I've just had an interesting thought/idea. Before the Storm is meant to be a Prequel to the first game, but I don't think that the DLC ne

• But didn't Max originally require the use of her rewind powers in order to get the thing (forgot what it was) needed to hit the fire alarm? Instead of trying to interfere physically without the use of her powers? It's a bit confusing.

Another thing, why did Max have visions of the tornado prior to using her rewind powers? That part is never explained either, so are we to assume that Max has a bit of future vision as well?

The ending honestly still confuses me a bit, because if we are to believe that the timeline had to not be messed with in order to prevent the tornado then wouldn't Max's interactions towards others in the end have made a small change in the timeline? Perhaps the explanations behind her power and of the way time works in this universe weren't thought out or planned at all.

Interfered without using her powers? You mean like by just hitting the fire alarm like she did? This all hinges on the idea that Chloe's

• edited June 2017

Meh. I'm not hyped for the new game. It's just a glimpse into Chloe's past. Basically a game about Chloe constantly getting into trouble and losing Rachel. The bonus episode with Max may be interesting. Though, it may be about when Max moves away. Looking forward to Season 2 more.

• You mean a narrative games where the choices have long-lasting effects that actually matter in shaping the character's path? SIGN ME UP!

You did

Multiple endings depending on the choices you make

From Features section.

MarijaaNo7 posted: »

Why do I have a feeling I've read somewhere about the prequel having multiple endings? Not very likely, I think.

• Another thing, why did Max have visions of the tornado prior to using her rewind powers? That part is never explained either, so are we to assume that Max has a bit of future vision as well?

Because of the same reason why there are dead whales in the Alt Timeline where Chloe wasn't saved in the bathroom (and never died or was in the bathroom in first place), or why, after Jeffershit killed her, the storm was still coming.

Max and Chloe didn't cause the tornado. There is a missing puzzle piece, and I believe Rachel has something to do with it. My theory is that, originally, the game would make you believe that Max and Chloe are the reason of the storm, and then reveal Rachel's (and maybe the Prescotts) part in this bullshit at the end. But due to time and money problems they couldn't do it, and went with the shit we have now.

prink34320 posted: »

But didn't Max originally require the use of her rewind powers in order to get the thing (forgot what it was) needed to hit the fire alarm?

• [removed]

But didn't Max originally require the use of her rewind powers in order to get the thing (forgot what it was) needed to hit the fire alarm?

• Well, that's suspicious.

You did Multiple endings depending on the choices you make From Features section.

• That would explain it, I always thought the game would end up revealing some form of secret cult that somehow created the tornado.

Another thing, why did Max have visions of the tornado prior to using her rewind powers? That part is never explained either, so are we to a

• As much as I may have liked LiS S1 overall, I feel like I remember seeing that on the store page for it as well. We all know how that turned out.

You did Multiple endings depending on the choices you make From Features section.

• Yeah. All the game was about Rachel and the Prescotts but at the end it was all about Max's useless powers? Because yeah, time powers are awsome, but she only used them to solve puzzles. Without them, the story would go the same. The only important thing she does with her powers was saving Chloe in the bathroom, going back to save William (that had no effect besides showing that now she could time travel) and going back to let Chloe die. Really, replace the rewind with being able to see two minutes into the future and the whole game is the same. Replace the rewind with nothing and the whole game is the same. But at the end, the only thing That mattered were her powers.

That would explain it, I always thought the game would end up revealing some form of secret cult that somehow created the tornado.

• After watching this video, I already have a theory about the plot.

Okayokayokay this is super improvised and rushed but listen, okay? I believe this guy with the girl that the guy of the video mentioned and theorized that was Rachel's father? And now she's all angry and wants to leave Chloe out of the blue? And remember that the story is about a family mistery and shit? Yeah. Okay, so I believe this guy works in the Dark Room. Or doing some creepy shit. I mean, her father cheating isn't such a big theme to make a game about, right? Myabe he's a Prescott? That would mean Rachel is a Prescott as well. Maybe she works in the Dark Room? That's where she met Jeffershit? What if she pushed Chloe away to protect her from these assholes and keep their eyes away from her? Maybe Jeffershit killed her because she knew too much? The girl the father was with was the next target? Now, before you shit on me, I want to say that I already had this other theory, that this game is about an alternative timeline where shit doesn't go like in the original one (the producers already said that they didn't want to tell a story that we knew how it was going to end...), and that the actual sequel will be about alternative timelines (that's why making the prequel is important), but it's not the sequel what I want to talk about. There are tons of theories about the Prescotts having time powers, and if Rachel is indeed a Prescott, maybe she could have powers too? That's when we go down in the Rachel = Max (plus lee is alive and nerissa is faith and booker is jack duh) theory again, but honestly, that theory is so random (and awsome, too, but so fucking random) that doesn't make sense anymore.

And now I'm in a totally different topic. Cool. But I think I made my point.

• Was this confirmed? I'd be hoping for the ability to change her fate tbh.

But it doesn't really matter because she will always turn into that selfish Chloe that we get in LiS.

• yeah I don't care either, people are way too possessive in that regard. plus its unfair to disregard the work deck nine did with the prequel including casting the new voice-actors, its borderline annoying

Miklaus posted: »

Is Ashly part of the voice actors strike that started in 2016? Maybe that's why she decided not to voice Chloe for the prequel... Sadly, 'ca

• That's unfortunate. I don't think the new voice actress is doing a horrendous job, but I preferred Ashly Burch as Chloe.

This is why Ashly won't be reprising her role as Chloe for those who didn't know.

• Maybe Jeffershit killed her because she knew too much?

Life is Strange Wiki :

It is revealed by Mark Jefferson that Nathan accidentally killed Rachel with an overdose whilst trying to impress Jefferson (who he saw as a father-figure).

(http://life-is-strange.wikia.com/wiki/Rachel_Amber)

After watching this video, I already have a theory about the plot. Okayokayokay this is super improvised and rushed but listen, okay? I b

• Well its a canon prequel so i doubt it will change anything in the main game

Was this confirmed? I'd be hoping for the ability to change her fate tbh.

• What's the Mixtape Mode and Outfit Pack about?

Seems like the Steam Store page is up and running http://store.steampowered.com/app/554620/Life_is_Strange_Before_The_Storm/

• The Mixtape Mode is to design your own playlist from the Life is Strange licensed soundtrack and listen to it alongside a cinematic scene from the game. And the outfit pack comes with three outfits Chloe can wear: Punk Doe, Hawt Dawg Man and Illuminati.

Only available when you pre-order the deluxe edition.

What's the Mixtape Mode and Outfit Pack about?

• First of all, that's the wiki. Do you trust the Wiki?

Second of all, Jeffershit also said that Nathan killed Chloe. And remember he's a dickshit liar. How much can we trust his words? Obviously, he would try to blame Rachel's "death" (if you could call it death... long story for aother day) on Nathan. Or anyone but himself.

Maybe Jeffershit killed her because she knew too much? Life is Strange Wiki : It is revealed by Mark Jefferson that Nathan accide

Also for the Outfit Pack, you can apparently choose what clothes you wear in the game and people will have different reactions based on what you wear.

What's the Mixtape Mode and Outfit Pack about?

• I don't recall Jefferson saying that Nathan killed Chloe. I think it was more than likely Nathan but it was an accident.

First of all, that's the wiki. Do you trust the Wiki? Second of all, Jeffershit also said that Nathan killed Chloe. And remember he's a d

• In the start of Ep. 5 during the first photo jump in the dark room, Jefferson says "Chloe. Yeah, I'm sorry that I killed- That Nathan killed her in self-defense." Which of course is bullshit since he was the one who pulled the trigger in last scene of Ep. 4 and is just using Nathan as his scapegoat.

AgentZ46 posted: »

I don't recall Jefferson saying that Nathan killed Chloe. I think it was more than likely Nathan but it was an accident.

• I think that was Jefferson intentionally saying that he'll pin the murder on Nathan.

In the start of Ep. 5 during the first photo jump in the dark room, Jefferson says "Chloe. Yeah, I'm sorry that I killed- That Nathan killed

• First of all, that's the wiki. Do you trust the Wiki?

50/50

Skip to 7:02min

Max : Rachel Amber was your victim, not your " Subject"

Jefferson: Oh .... Rachel Amber... That´s the real tragedy. Nathan thought be an Artist like me ... Instead, the Dumbass give her an overdose.

First of all, that's the wiki. Do you trust the Wiki? Second of all, Jeffershit also said that Nathan killed Chloe. And remember he's a d

• Nice. Do you believe this guy? I don't. And even if he's lying, ir still doesn't prove my bullshit "theory" wrong.

First of all, that's the wiki. Do you trust the Wiki? 50/50 Skip to 7:02min Max : Rachel Amber was your victim, not your

• what the hell are you talking about? why would jefferson have any reason to lie to max when he was confident he'd be killing her. he literally had no reason to make up a story to cover his ass when 1: he was already revealing his plan, and 2: he didn't think she'd be getting out of there. jefferson is a lying scumbag but there would be literally no reason or prompting for him to lie to max about his entire plan.

Nice. Do you believe this guy? I don't. And even if he's lying, ir still doesn't prove my bullshit "theory" wrong.

• so it's a prequel to life is strange about the most interesting story the original brought up, except the only two characters are the dead one and the worst one, and the worst character doesn't even have her original voice actor.

this is gonna be good.

• Not bad. Looks waaaaaaaaaaay better than the original. Graphics are much cleaner. Animations need a lot more work but it looks visually appealing.

20 minutes of pre-release footage

• That's a nice addition!

Also for the Outfit Pack, you can apparently choose what clothes you wear in the game and people will have different reactions based on what you wear.

• Why would be explain his evil plan anyways? Nothing in that scene makes sense. Nevermind.

what the hell are you talking about? why would jefferson have any reason to lie to max when he was confident he'd be killing her. he literal

• Nothing in that scene makes sense.

Nothing in the entire game makes sense tbh

Why would be explain his evil plan anyways? Nothing in that scene makes sense. Nevermind.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.