Life Is Strange - True Colors Out Now, Bonus Episode "Wavelengths" September 30th

Comments

• edited August 2017

I find it strange [pun not intended] that due to all these contractual issues, Ashly can't voice Chloe for LIS (Dontnod/Deck Nine) but is currently voicing Nebula for GOTG (Telltale)

Another thing: I've just realised that I'm paying 35$CAD for the Deluxe Edition whereas the U.S is paying 25$. You should feel lucky. Really lucky.

• Um... Dontnod said that they didn't want to tell a story we already knew how it would end... they said that we were going to get multiple endings, they also said that, while no magic powers are going to be around, some paranormal shit will still be here... Max can control time... what if... and this is a big supposition that came out of nowhere and could be easily debunked, but what if this game ends in a way that there is no way in earth that what comes next could be the actual Life Is Strange? Like, what if this is an alternative timeline? And the protagonist if the actual sequel can control space? Kinda like Elizabeth from Bioshock Infinite, alternative universes and shit. It would be awsome, giving importance for both games while still having a brand new cast. For a sequel to work, it needs to have at least ONE of the following things: Same characters or same concepts (time-travel). Before The Storm doesn't work too well because it only has the characters (and not even Kate so it won't be as good as we all want) and not the concept. The sequel won't work so well because only the concepts will remain, but having the characters from previous seasons leave their consecuences will soothe this shit.

So yeah, i think Before the Storm takes place in an alternative timeline. The character from the sequel will most likely have to fix some shit Max, Chloe and Rachel did fucking around with time. I know that, however the ending will turn out to be, I will find it very unespected.

• edited August 2017

Well Dontnod isn't making BTS, nor do they seem to have any involvement in the game's writing. It's a different writer, different directors and producer. Square Enix probably wanted another entry in this IP since Dontnod's next LIS game will take some time to come out, so in the meantime, a prequel that reuses assets from the 1st would like be made in a shorter time and be cgeaper to make.

Um... Dontnod said that they didn't want to tell a story we already knew how it would end... they said that we were going to get multiple en

• edited August 2017

So one weird thing is my Xbox says I can start playing bts by 9:00 pm tonight. I’m not complaining but it’s kind of weird.

• edited August 2017

OH so we are going by the french time zones again like season 1? Nice!

Edit - Nevermind launches on steam at 9AM for me on Thursday.

Creeper1846 posted: »

So one weird thing is my Xbox says I can start playing bts by 9:00 pm tonight. I’m not complaining but it’s kind of weird.

• Tuesday? Don’t you mean Thursday?

OH so we are going by the french time zones again like season 1? Nice! Edit - Nevermind launches on steam at 9AM for me on Thursday.

• Anyone who knows how timezones work when is it going to be released in Argentina?

• Well, digital pre-orders are always playable by midnight in Eastern Standard Time. In Argentina, its 1 hour ahead of EST there, so that would mean it will be playable by 1:00 AM in Argentina.

Anyone who knows how timezones work when is it going to be released in Argentina?

• I find it strange [pun not intended] that due to all these contractual issues, Ashly can't voice Chloe for LIS (Dontnod/Deck Nine) but is currently voicing Nebula for GOTG (Telltale)

Square Enix refused to sign a contract, therefore Ashly couldn't reprise her role as Chloe in LiS.

AChicken posted: »

I find it strange [pun not intended] that due to all these contractual issues, Ashly can't voice Chloe for LIS (Dontnod/Deck Nine) but is cu

• Ah sorry I'm not used to episodic games releasing not a Tuesday. My bad.

Tuesday? Don’t you mean Thursday?

• Just remember to keep spoilers marked for at least the first day or so in this thread.

• According to a Let’s play by RabidRetrospect games the episode is close to 5 fucking hours. There have rarely been times where I couldn’t finish an episode of a game in one go but this might be one.

• I'd like to remind you that he replays the episode twice and calls it the full episode for some reason.

According to a Let’s play by RabidRetrospect games the episode is close to 5 fucking hours. There have rarely been times where I couldn’t finish an episode of a game in one go but this might be one.

• Oh I didn’t watch it because I’m avoiding spoilers thanks for the heads up :) .

I'd like to remind you that he replays the episode twice and calls it the full episode for some reason.

• edited August 2017

Why are all the thumbnails for the let's plays currently out so bad. These expressions are uncanny.

enter image description here

Who wants a new icon?

• edited August 2017

I haven't either but he's done this with most telltale games recently.

Oh I didn’t watch it because I’m avoiding spoilers thanks for the heads up .

• edited August 2017

No idea what they did to thier faces Rachel looks like a zombie.

Why are all the thumbnails for the let's plays currently out so bad. These expressions are uncanny. Who wants a new icon?

• edited August 2017

Well, since the next game will be released tomorrow, I've been watching the Abridged Series created by Power Pak once again:

One of the highlights of this video:
    Max: Hey, Kate! How you're doin'?
    Kate: Max...I'm not feeling so--
    Max: Gawd, it's always 'Me, Me, Me,' with you, isn't it?!

• This is damn horrifying...

Why are all the thumbnails for the let's plays currently out so bad. These expressions are uncanny. Who wants a new icon?

• Rachel looks rough

• Well, I know that MKIceandFire usually messes with lighting and filters on most of their thumbnails, so hopefully that's why Rachel looks.. dead.

• Less than an hour for me! Honestly I'm not that excited 'cause my girl Max won't appear, but hey, I'm missing Life is Strange too much to care about that.

• Thankfully that scene was right near the start of the video, so that's all I watched (gonna play it in ~30 minutes anyway), so without the filters, it looks like this:

AChicken posted: »

Well, I know that MKIceandFire usually messes with lighting and filters on most of their thumbnails, so hopefully that's why Rachel looks.. dead.

• MUCH better...

MichaelBP posted: »

Thankfully that scene was right near the start of the video, so that's all I watched (gonna play it in ~30 minutes anyway), so without the filters, it looks like this:

• Well...that was boring.

• I thought it was pretty good. I'm a little surprised that the people I watched play did what I think is unthinkable if you played season one and know who nathan prescott is. I have no idea what they were thinking.

• edited August 2017

Well I just finished the episode I guess since it’s officially out I can post here but I’ll put a spoiler tag on it anyway. If I hadn’t playe the first life is strange this would probably just be bland and boring. The episode was ok but could have been better. It just doesn’t seem like there is a reason for this story at least not yet. We get to see a few extra things like Rachel’s dad cheating on her mom and flashbacks back to when William died. It seems like next episode we might get more background on Frank. It also seems like some of the guys from the concert at the start will be the main antagonist judging by the teaser. Right now the score I give it sits between 6.5/10- 7/10

• Took me almost 4 hours to complete the episode, mostly since I made sure to try and not miss anything, read all the entries in Chloe's journal, etc.
    Now I have a few questions after beating it.

• edited August 2017

Rachel's an airbender confirmed.

• edited August 2017

Probably their boss. I think he was the guy near Frank at the end of the episode. Maybe that woman too, since she seemed pretty happy about the fire.

• edited August 2017

edit: double post

• edited August 2017

triple post wtf

• I jst finished it and it's more 2-3 hours I'd say :)

According to a Let’s play by RabidRetrospect games the episode is close to 5 fucking hours. There have rarely been times where I couldn’t finish an episode of a game in one go but this might be one.

• "hazel eyes"

MichaelBP posted: »

Thankfully that scene was right near the start of the video, so that's all I watched (gonna play it in ~30 minutes anyway), so without the filters, it looks like this:

• I'm sooo exited for this! Only four more hours until I can get back home and try it!

Please don't tell me anything about it and please, please for the love of God if you post any spoiler or opinion use a spoiler tag. I know it's no my work to ask this but still, please, don't be a troll.

• Suddenly this game just got a little more interesting.

• edited August 2017

Discount Ra's Al Ghul from Batman Begins

• Looking at Before the Storm right now, and here are my current thoughts so far:

• Chloe definitely makes for a better protagonist than Max. She has more chemistry and emotions when speaking to other characters, while I had always found Max to be too passive and dull, even with her time powers.
    • Chloe's resentment towards David at the beginning is a little heavy-handed, especially with her inner monologues. I am glad that we don't have to be 100% hostile towards him all the time, but I do hope that there is some form of payoff in the next two episodes.
    • I'm surprised that Chloe has the option to defend Nathan from a bully, even if he didn't appreciate it one bit.
    • I like the implication that Chloe's relationship with Rachel Amber is what sends her deeper into a already big downward spiral of drugs and anarchy, just as what I had thought. It's definitely looking like Rachel is being a bad influence on Chloe, just as Chloe was to Max, which makes a lot of sense in hindsight.
    • I appreciate the characters being a little more expressive with their faces this time around.
    • The idea of Rachel having powers of her own in the form of controlling wind is very intriguing, especially since it gives me the idea that the true origins of the tornado was not from Max, but from Rachel this whole time.

Overall, I think this episode as Chloe is superior to the first episode as Max.

• edited August 2017

Is anyone else really digging this backtalk feature Chloe has its line the super power of the game but also not a superpower it’s a cool feature.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.