Wow - so TWAU season 2 really is happening!

edited July 2017 in The Wolf Among Us

I must admit, I was one of those people who gave up on this quite a while ago. Back then I said it's very unlikely Telltale is going to do TWAU season 2, given their slate of new IPs etc.

Imagine my surprise when I woke up this morning to find out Telltale has announced TWAU season 2 (with The Batman season 2 and final season of TWD).
But boy, I think this is one of those rare instances where I'm really glad that I was wrong.

Strange thing is, about 1.5 week ago, I felt a strange appetite (?) to play TWAU out of all Telltale games that I had, so I replayed through the whole season.
It's been 3 years since the game has been released, and it's old engine compared to Telltale's recent games (The Batman, A new Frontier), but it still seems that the game aged really well (holding up well when compared to other games, in terms of story, characters, gameplay, and lastly graphics).

Now I'm finding myself giggling like a little boy, can't wait to get his Christmas present (2018 can't come soon enough).

Thank you Telltale, for bring to us the sequel to your best game (So glad that we'll be going back to Fables universe after all this time), and to those who waited all this time (since the Wolf's release), bravo - you all deserve a pat on the back.

It's been a while but I think it's about time I get back to reading Fables again (since i played TWAU not too long ago, I'll replay season 1 again closer to season 2's release date).

Huff' and Puff - he's making the return, the Biggest Baddest character in all of Telltale games - Bigby Wolf.

Comments

• I remember you from back in the day. A massive thumbs up to everything you said.

• edited July 2017

Haha, Thanks mate.

Can't wait to get back into Fabletown, and meet the residents again!

Hopefully, they bring in more characters - Cinderella, Boy Blue, Rose Red, Prince Charming, King Cole etc etc..... plus many more new characters to explore (not yet done in comics?).

With that said, I wonder if Peter Pan is still off the books?

(Bill) Willingham said that he wanted to Peter Pan in his Fables main series, but couldn't because he couldn't get the rights - I wonder if that's still the case?

TheZorkij posted: »

I remember you from back in the day. A massive thumbs up to everything you said.

• I sort of feel ya, I've been praying for this day to happen for the past 4 years. When I came back from a relatively bad day at work and a decent headache following my steps, I've been welcomed with a pretty nice surprise which healed my wounds instantly.

And yet I have to admit that I am filled with mixture of excitement like never before, and fear. I can't hide that I doubt that TWAU2 will be anywhere as good as the first one, I won't be surprised if it will be a flop and a huge disappointment as I feel like the new engine is going to ruin the atmosphere by eliminating the iconic comic-book cell shaded noir artstyle with ANF style pseudo half realisitc half wannabe-comicbook artstyle. And then there's the fact that most of the masterminds behind the writing for the first game are gone and we're left with the new interns.

I will buy it (because of Adam and Erin alone) but my expectations are VERY reserved at this point.

• edited July 2017

Hmmm....

The writers for season 1 were:

• Dave Grossman
    • Adam Hines ... (additional writing)
    • Dan Martin
    • Joe Pinney
    • Pierre Shorette

(Bill Willingham, while credited for characters, didn't actually write for the series).

Did most of them just really leave? Dan Martin and Pierre Shorette worked on TWD: ANF, so I think they're still at Telltale. With Dave Grossman, his last Telltale project was TWAU, so it's quite possible that he left, Adam Hines, his was TFTB, and Joe Pinney, his was GOT - so with those two, I'd say it's 50/50.

Still, I'd like to give them a chance. As long as they don't screw up the continuity/consistency with the Fables comics canon (that's a major sin in my book), and story itself is compelling enough, it would be fine by me.

Regarding the atmosphere - well, Chris Schroyer, who seems to be one of producers for season 2 says the following "I think one of the things that makes TWAU so special is the general atmosphere of the game - really commits to the detective story we're trying to tell. "
    Joe Stauffer, head of creative communications also states "Fables is fantastic, it's an award winning series - and this is our take on this universe,..... Fabletown, this iteration, everything is just bathed in neon"

11:16 ~ 11:35 in the video below:

Of course, noone except people in Telltale games knows how the game will look in the end, but above quotes give me some faith.

Yes, Adam and Erin are one of big reasons I'll be buying this, and my expectations? I'd say after heeding your words, would be cautiously optimistic (though that can change after seeing any trailer).

Jacol posted: »

I sort of feel ya, I've been praying for this day to happen for the past 4 years. When I came back from a relatively bad day at work and a d

• SHOUT OUT TO ALL OF YOU FOR STILL HAVING HOPE, THANK YOU TELLTALE

• I knew we shouldn't lose hope. I'm so glad all the people vowing that a second season would never happen were wrong.

• Nick Herman, Pierre Shorette and Dennis Lenart are gone, they left TTG this spring and moved to Ubi SF

As stated above, being cautiously optimistic is a good approach I assume. We can only sit and wait for now.

CoolGuyJ posted: »

Hmmm.... The writers for season 1 were: * Dave Grossman * Adam Hines ... (additional writing) * Dan Martin * Joe Pinney * Pie

• Oh, I see.

Well, I just hope the new interns can rise up to the task - they have some pretty big shoes to fill.

Jacol posted: »

Nick Herman, Pierre Shorette and Dennis Lenart are gone, they left TTG this spring and moved to Ubi SF As stated above, being cautiously optimistic is a good approach I assume. We can only sit and wait for now.

• And here I had thought that I had moved on. I am not sure as to thank telltale and kiss their collective boots or to berate them.

Jokes aside, this has made my day.

• Everyone said "Give up hope, it will never happen, TWAU is a one season game"

Well screw those guys, we never lost the hope, and we kept on fighting to get what we wanted. And all the wanting and waiting has finally paid off!

I remember a lot you from way back when I first joined this forum. Zorkij my bro, CoolGuy etc... We never gave up, and now we're like kids on Christmas day :')

• Hell yeah my brother. May this be a lesson to those who gave up as to what marvellous things pure and unwavering willpower can do. This victory wouldn't have been possible without the loyalty to the cause and persistance of the community behind The Wolf Among Us, the best community in the world. Cheers to us!

enter image description here

HazzatheMan posted: »

Everyone said "Give up hope, it will never happen, TWAU is a one season game" Well screw those guys, we never lost the hope, and we kept

• edited July 2017

Hey mate! Welcome back!!

I was wondering where you were since the announcement!

Started reading Fables again from last night. :)

Everyone said "Give up hope, it will never happen, TWAU is a one season game" Well screw those guys, we never lost the hope, and we kept

• Holy fuck its happening!!

• Damn right They got tired of us

TheZorkij posted: »

Hell yeah my brother. May this be a lesson to those who gave up as to what marvellous things pure and unwavering willpower can do. This vict

• I had complained about it before the announcement, but now I'm just thankful about Job's tweets. It threw me off a bit and it made the surprise so much more satisfying. As soon as the music played in the update video I got giddy, which is something I rarely do.

I really must applaud Telltale. There was always a part of me wishing it would happen, but leading up to the announcement I was on the brink of giving up/accepting that there would not be a second season. Everything just seemed to work out and it was timed so perfectly for me.

With Young Justice and now The Wolf Among Us, I really must start to have faith in the ability fans have.

• Silence IS a valid option... but fuck that! YES! It is happening!

• Oh shit speaking of Fables, I still have a bunch of the spin-offs to read still :(

Hey mate! Welcome back!! I was wondering where you were since the announcement! Started reading Fables again from last night.

• Which ones?

Haven't really touched the spin-offs since I last read them all (I might go over them once I go through the main series, but progress is slow due to many factors - just finished Vol 1 Legends in Exile. Don't know when I'll start Vol 2).

Adding to that, nowadays I'm also reading "Everafter" series, which is basically Sequel/Spinoff of Fables (basically set after main series, but MCs are no longer Snow and Bigby, but a team of spies consisting of Featherhop, Bo Peep, Peter Piper, and Connor Wolf).

Oh shit speaking of Fables, I still have a bunch of the spin-offs to read still

• I feel you, I have felt like The Wolf Among Us since yesterday, and just now I stumble upon this forum, join in, and discover another season is coming. I can't wait!

• Pretty much ALL of the spin-offs besides Werewolves of the Heartlands and the first 6 Volumes of Jack of Fables...

Oh yes I must look into reading Everafter! Is there any Snigby at all in it????

Which ones? Haven't really touched the spin-offs since I last read them all (I might go over them once I go through the main series, but

• edited August 2017

Cindy and Fairest are good. Even "Peter and Max - Fables novel" is worth reading (only thing I won't be reading again will be Jack of Fables).

Regarding Bigby and Snow, just the very first issue. But only as support for Connor (because he's one of main characters in this new series), and no romantic scenes (good family scenes between Snow and Connor, and Bigby and Connor though).

Personally, I'm not too keen on Connor though (his tendency to f@#$ pretty much anything alive, female, male, even eagerness for inter-species sex is just plain weird, and made me lose interest in him). My favorites (on the series) currently are Bo Peep and Peter Piper.

Pretty much ALL of the spin-offs besides Werewolves of the Heartlands and the first 6 Volumes of Jack of Fables... Oh yes I must look into reading Everafter! Is there any Snigby at all in it????

Sign in to comment in this discussion.