Do you want to see more mundies involvement?

Okay, so originally, mundies were supposed to have more involvement than that brief police station scene (Detective Brannigan), but with the story rewrite it was changed from Episode 2.

So my question is, do you guys want to see mundies having more of a role this time around?

Personally, I'm a bit conflicted with it.
While on one hand, adding mundies into the mix does sound intriguing, on the other hand, having them in an active role would likely mean taking space for more character development for an existing character, or better yet - space to introduce other new Fables characters (that I'd actually like to see).

Comments

• In my opinion, TT should treat mundies as an influencing factor - the fear or cautiousness of them should affect our characters' decisions and actions, maybe have repercussions for carelessness, but I wouldn't want a direct mundy character involved in the business of Fabletown. There are simply too many way more interesting Fables that we could be introduced to rather than some mundy, no matter how unique he or she may be.

• It would make for an interesting story, but this would go against comic canon.

Still, I liked the idea of Detective Brannigan finding out about Fabletown in Season 1

• I don't because then they would be in mortal danger.

• No, I'm afraid that'd partially kill Fabletown atmosphere, so I'm not a big fan of the idea. Though I admit that could be interesting in a way.

• Definitely, it would open up more interestnig story possibilities. But they have to abandon the comic canon for any meaningful Mundies involvement (which I would be fine with)

• I kinda like the idea of mundies getting a bit closer to finding out, but I don't know how much I would want that explored. At the very least I think a bit more attention could be payed to the awareness of it and actually having to contemplate a decision which may affect what the mundies see for example. So essentially something along the lines of Batman's actions having consequences to the citizens of Gotham, just on a smaller scale, if that makes sense.

• There are possibly 2 ways of mundies having more involvement without breaking canon:

• Have the situation like the reporter scenario in the comic's first volume (Legends in Exile), where Bigby and the gang had to rectify the reporter finding out about them (I mean they gotta have couple of close calls right? That couldn't be the only incident?)

• Have it be like an unknowing mundy by accident sneaked into Fabletown (similar to last volume for Fairest? Where two unknowing mundies sneaked onto the Farm at the back of the truck).

Both situations, it can be remedied from breaking canon by either hypnosis, or using a powerful spell (like Crane used in season 1) to make the mundy forget.

But as I've said in my original post, I'm hesitant to fully support this because:

• There are far more interesting Fables to explore (which armis37 seems to agree)
    • As Et_Caetara pointed out, it may kill the Fabletown's unique atmosphere, with a mundy going around
    HazzatheMan posted: »

It would make for an interesting story, but this would go against comic canon. Still, I liked the idea of Detective Brannigan finding out about Fabletown in Season 1

• I like the first point. You're right, that can't have been the first time someone suspected Fabletown to be more than it appeared...

CoolGuyJ posted: »

There are possibly 2 ways of mundies having more involvement without breaking canon: * Have the situation like the reporter scenario in

Sign in to comment in this discussion.