To Fables readers - what are some places from comics you'd like to visit in Season 2?

edited July 2017 in The Wolf Among Us

What are some of the places you'd like to visit in TWAU season 2?

Here are my Top 5 (not in any specific order - just listed as they came to mind):

• Glass Slipper Shoes store - Cindy's shoeshop used as cover for her spy activities. We caught a very brief glimpse of it in TWAU season 1. If Cindy is included in season 2, this is a must-visit place.

• Mayor's Penthouse, at the rooftop of Woodlands Luxury apartments (Woodlands Building). Primary resident - King Cole. As Mayor's penthouse, this is the most luxurious residence in the Woodlands. It's also got a large swimming pool (which Bigby swims in Fables Volume 1 "Legends in Exile")!

• 13th Floor - The floor (13th) in Woodlands, which pretty much almost all witches reside in (including Totenkinder, the most powerful witch in Fabletown) that provide spells and enchantments (which includes glamour).

• Fabletown armory - sure Bigby is badass enough that he doesn't need any weapons, but it would be still cool to browse through the armory. Has many of Fabletown's enchanted weapons including the infamous "Vorpal Sword" ("Snicker-Snack!")

• Bigby's secret area in the Business office (first shown in Fables #31) - Bigby has a secret area in the business office, where there are various things happening; one room is an interrogation room, where Bigby imprisoned (and Totenkinder interrogated) Baba Yaga, and another room is a room where there is Gudrun, the magical goose that lays golden eggs (which Bigby uses to finance his unauthorized operations).

Not in Top 5, but worth mentioning:

• Woodlands' front courtyard and Gardens - in TWAU season 1, we only got to go around the front courtyard of the Woodlands, due to Beauty's scene in the beginning, and Faith's crime scene. However, we never really get to go around to the gardens at the back. In the comics, we get to see some Fables (such as Bigby and Snow) relax in the Gardens (and Bigby or Snow sometimes sits down on Bench, in thought)

Following two were excluded since they would break canon:

• The Farm: obviously, because Bigby is banned from going to the Farm.

• Snow's apartment in the Woodlands Building: In volume 1 (Legends in Exile), when Bigby is in Snow's apartment (at near end of the volume), he states that it's the first time being in Snow's apartment.

Comments

• Wow, amazing ideas! i would love to see Bigby's secret area in the Business office and The Farm (perhaps he can go undercover, dressed as someone using glamour, it could be kind of like a secret mission)

• Visiting 13th Floor would be awesome. And the Gardens you mentioned.

• what if they send you down the wishing well? hooooly shit thatd be cool. it might not seem that interesting but if you've read the comics you'll know that its wayyy more cooler than it looks. speaking of, i hope Flycatcher becomes more of a main character.

• edited July 2017

Problem with that is, anyone (even those alive) who goes down the Witching Well basically ends up dead (hence the reason why one of Punishments for the Crooked Man was throwing him down the Witching Well). So unless Bigby's got a spell which prevents him from dying down there, I wouldn't call that a possibility.

With Flycatcher, I wouldn't mind him having extended role like Beauty/Beast/Jack/Crane had in season 1. But I wouldn't see him as a main character (for me those roles will always be reserved for Bigby and Snow).

cleminist posted: »

what if they send you down the wishing well? hooooly shit thatd be cool. it might not seem that interesting but if you've read the comics yo

• Definitely Glass Slipper Shoes Shop, and Cinderella in general. I liked what Bill did with her character in the comics.
    The Mayor's apartment would be fun to explore, and Bigby's secret area, I agree on that too.
    I'm really looking forward to see more of Fabletown in general and to explore new locations...

• I should really start reading the comics. I would really like to see the farm I’ll probably get some more depth if I read the comics.

• edited July 2017

Well, it's never too late to start! :)

They're Fantastic series, and I highly recommend them (especially the main series - though spinoffs are quite good too, except for Jack of Fables).

In the comics, there's more depth of characters (their mythology/lore), and more details on places of interest (Woodlands, Farm etc).

Though, if you wanna get better enjoyment of comics, you might wanna avoid spoiler threads like this one (you don't want us to spoil the comics, do ya?)

Creeper1846 posted: »

I should really start reading the comics. I would really like to see the farm I’ll probably get some more depth if I read the comics.

• edited July 2017

Fabletown

http://fables.wikia.com/wiki/Fabletown

Businesses in Fabletown include:
    1. Grand Green Florist/Chateau D'if Fencing Academy (Second Floor)
    2. Edward Bear's Candies
    3. Ford Laundry
    4. Nod's Books
    5. Lewis' Antiques
    6. I Am The Eggman Diner
    7. The Yellowbrick Roadhouse (Extents to 2nd Floor)
    8. Webb 'n' Muffet Market
    9. Woodland's Front Courtyard
    10. Woodland's Garden
    11. Woodland Apartments
    12. Glass Slipper Shoe Store
    13. Branstock Tavern
    14. Unknown
    15. Stone Soup (Suspected)

A. Alley where Jack got Mugged by the Wooden Soldiers
    B. Three Blocks to the Empire's Embassy on Andersen St.
    C. Five and a half Blocks to Rodney and June Greenwood's apartment.

From TWAU:

Glass Slipper Shoe store:

Glass Slipper Shoeshop

I am Eggman Diner:

I am Eggman Diner

Sign in to comment in this discussion.