Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about The Walking Dead

Comments

• Season 1 will always be the best WD game but I will always prefer Season 2 graphics.

TheDerpGod posted: »

imo I think season 1 looked best.

• Kenny is one of the best developed characters ever. Better than all the characters introduced in A New Frontier. I would always choose him over ANF character who isn't Javier.

DennisK22 posted: »

Put together almost all of the determinant Kenny lines in Episode 4. Really amazed how many lines Kenny had in this scene tho.

• Couldn't have said it better myself.

#lit fam lolololol swag dab yolo whip naenae I forget other one bottle flip fidget spinner mlg dank memes emoji melenial stuff #lit fam lol

• What are you talking about!? The glitches are actually easter eggs!

DabigRG posted: »

This game is glitched up the ass.

• what?? you didn't know that these glitches are easter eggs?!

This game is glitched up the ass.

• The season 2 graphics are a perfect mix between a comic book look and a game, it just fits so good with everything.

AronDracula posted: »

Season 1 will always be the best WD game but I will always prefer Season 2 graphics.

• edited July 2017

Isn't there a YouTube channel that is full of TWD determinate stuff most can't find? Six pack something?
    EDIT: Beastly Ab Workout is the name of the channel :D

Graysonn posted: »

They need to go back to doing stuff like this for S4 with lots of determinant lines and impact (the family line convincing Kenny to come wit

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

Shameless plug time: that would be me and my channel. I am the Beastly Ab Workout.

Isn't there a YouTube channel that is full of TWD determinate stuff most can't find? Six pack something? EDIT: Beastly Ab Workout is the name of the channel

As a matter of fact, they ain't the same model:

Salvador (Javier's dad) vs. Victor Zsasz

They are similar, but not the same

I don't have any other clever comments for these last two comparison images

tfw you get copy pasted into walking dead as Javier's dad

• edited July 2017

Damn. RIP.

Although, seeing that makes me wonder, has anyone made a video where they model swapped the Kenny/Jane scenes in Ep 1 with their Ep 4 models?

edited July 2017

Gather around everyone, it's time for another image dump of interesting/unused character models.

Here's a picture of all of the marauder models, aka the various New Frontier soldiers seen throughout the game. 31 of them, not including the actual named soldiers like Max, Badger and etc.

And here are all of the villager models, aka the random civilians/NPCs seen walking around in Prescott and Richmond. There's at least 50 models there, but they all have alternate textures to provide even more variety. The people seen in the episode 4 flashback at the batting cages also use these models, but with clean clothes and stuff instead. Also included some random corpses at the bottom. Yeah, those guys are dead.

And here are all the zombie models seen throughout S3. The top two rows are low resolution versions of all the zombie models seen in the game. Also included are different damage states, like decapitated heads, missing limbs, and etc, although you can't see most of them very well from this far back. I also included all living characters that turned-- Jane, Kate, David, Salvador, Rufus, Badger, and Not!Kate from the beginning of episode 5. Also that zombie kid, Drew, from Javier's flashback in episode 3, who has an unused damage state after Javier smashes its head into the pavement. The poor kid.

This is a zombie model that I am about 95% certain is unused. A zombie with a gasmask. Also worth noting, this zombie's model is based on the zombie seen in the teaser trailer.

And here is a comparison between the zombie and human forms of Salvador (Javier's dad). Not overly interesting, but still something worth sharing.

Some of the detail on the S3 zombie models is overlooked. Such as how some of their limbs are almost completely skeletal. Or how you can see the trachea and stuff on the jawless zombies. Then you have things like this guy with a chewed through mask (you may recognize this zombie as the 'batter up fuckface' walker). And this walker that Javier literally swats the face off of. Or the one he uses to cover himself in guts in episode 5. Or this zombie that Javier boinks over the head and makes its eye pop out. Or this hilariously low resolution guy.

Now onto some S2-related goodies: you remember the shed walker from All That Remains? The one that attacks Clementine after she stitches up her arm? Well, it turns out that there's an unused damage state for that zombie. For whatever reason, it wasn't used. And for those curious, here's a compilation of all the damage states of the shed walker.

And here's individual versions:

Normal shed walker.

Shed walker after the first hit.

Shed walker after the second hit.

Shed walker after the third hit.

Shed walker after the (unused) final blow.

And here's a little blast from the past: an older, unfinished model of Carver. Skinnier than the Carver we got, with a pretty uh... interesting mustache. Also, his nose is really big.

And while we're on the topic of Carver, here's a compilation of all the damage states for Carver's face, including the beta model and the S3 version of him.

And here's some closer looks:

Carver's normal face, and the first crowbar hit.

Carver after the third or fourth hit, and Kenny starting to go a bit overkill.

Carver's fucked up face, and his even more fucked up face.

Carver's supremely fucked up face, and his S3 cameo.

The last three damage states.

And one final line-up.

• Yeah I was going to tag you but I wasn't sure if it was definitely your channel or not.

Deltino posted: »

Shameless plug time: that would be me and my channel. I am the Beastly Ab Workout.

• The only logical question to ask now is : do you have beastly abs?

• Wow, you really took your time here. I luv u.

Carver looked hilarious btw.

Gather around everyone, it's time for another image dump of interesting/unused character models. Here's a picture of all of the marauder

• Had no idea about the shed walker thing, nice find! If you look at the textures you'll also notice that damage states A, B and C shows the zombie is pretty dirty but the unused texture is cleaner.

Used damage texture: https://puu.sh/wUMsD/6fb5b5b067.png

Unused damage texture: https://puu.sh/wUMsH/a264624b65.png

Cleaner hands and face (relatively speaking).

Speaking of which, you also made me realise that the shed walker is probably the same guy from this photo in the living room.

enter image description here

Gather around everyone, it's time for another image dump of interesting/unused character models. Here's a picture of all of the marauder

• It's Episode 4 and I don't know.

Batteries posted: »

Damn. RIP. Although, seeing that makes me wonder, has anyone made a video where they model swapped the Kenny/Jane scenes in Ep 1 with their Ep 4 models?

• And here is a comparison between the zombie and human forms of Salvador (Javier's dad). Not overly interesting, but still something worth sharing.

Yet another blue thingy can be seen in his veins, what is it anyway?

• I always thought he was Winston until I realized he was too chubby-like. Good find!

Wait, so then that raises the question...if he's the guy in the Cabin's photo, why was he outside where he could break into the shed? :shock:

Graysonn posted: »

Had no idea about the shed walker thing, nice find! If you look at the textures you'll also notice that damage states A, B and C shows the z

• why was he outside where he could break into the shed?

Bit while fishing? That river seems sort of cursed :shrug:

I always thought he was Winston until I realized he was too chubby-like. Good find! Wait, so then that raises the question...if he's the guy in the Cabin's photo, why was he outside where he could break into the shed? :shock:

• Here's a picture of all of the marauder models, aka the various New Frontier soldiers seen throughout the game. 31 of them, not including the actual named soldiers like Max, Badger and etc.

I noticed you included Fern and Roxanne there, but whatever.

Also that zombie kid, Drew, from Javier's flashback in episode 3, who has an unused damage state after Javier smashes its head into the pavement. The poor kid.

Oh yeah, that was in that recent video with unused content.

I also included all living characters that turned-- Jane, Kate, David, Salvador, Rufus, Badger, and Not!Kate from the beginning of episode 5.

Rufus was supposed to turn? Huh.
    Now I can't help but wonder if Not!Kate is actually Grace's model outfitted with similar clothes. If so, they probably should've included Kate's hairstyle from the cover as an extra touch.

Now onto some S2-related goodies: you remember the shed walker from All That Remains? The one that attacks Clementine after she stitches up her arm? Well, it turns out that there's an unused damage state for that zombie. For whatever reason, it wasn't used.

Yeah, I did think it was weird that his head didn't split open.

And here's a little blast from the past: an older, unfinished model of Carver. Skinnier than the Carver we got, with a pretty uh... interesting mustache. Also, his nose is really big.

I'm guessing that's a transitional thing from the really bad model I shared in my character design thread. :lol:

• edited July 2017

The Walking Dead Season One started with Lee in handcuffs and ended with him in handcuffs(Determinant).

• I didn't even realize you could handcuff Lee until recently. I always cuffed the walker.

The Walking Dead Season One started with Lee in handcuffs and ended with him in handcuffs(Determinant).

• Strange, I never knew you could not cuff Lee,

I didn't even realize you could handcuff Lee until recently. I always cuffed the walker.

edited July 2017

Rufus was supposed to turn? Huh.

Rufus does turn. If you chopped off his arm, he starts reanimating just before David shoots him.

I noticed you included Fern and Roxanne there, but whatever.

Shhh, keep that on the down low, amigo

you're blowing my cover

Here's a picture of all of the marauder models, aka the various New Frontier soldiers seen throughout the game. 31 of them, not including th

They're just meant to be veins. Like, that's all. No big mystery to it. Just veins.

And here is a comparison between the zombie and human forms of Salvador (Javier's dad). Not overly interesting, but still something worth sharing. Yet another blue thingy can be seen in his veins, what is it anyway?

• I thought it said, " Worlds best dad "

Did you know that Carver has a cup with "Worlds best boss" on it.

• edited July 2017

Rufus does turn. If you chopped off his arm, he starts reanimating just before David shoots him.

...Huh. Still, fuck David.

:lol:

Rufus was supposed to turn? Huh. Rufus does turn. If you chopped off his arm, he starts reanimating just before David shoots him.

• Going to mention one of my favorite threads from back in the day. It's from 2014 so many people may not have seen it.

enter image description here
    "Okay, I think it's significant how episode 3 starts off with Clementine looking at the moth on the tree. I looked it up and some of the symbolic meanings for the moth are:

Vulnerability
    Determination
    Concealment
    Attraction
    Subtlety
    Intuition
    Faith

All of these are traits that can describe Clementine. Clementine is the moth.

Now, regarding Kenny and Luke, if you look at their name meanings, Kenny's name meaning is "handsome; fire born, & born of fire." Luke's meaning is "light."

Moths are attracted to light. They find the light in the darkness. Kenny and Luke are the sources of light in The Walking Dead, but Kenny is like fire. and you know that saying, "Like a moth attracted to a flame" or something like that, meaning that the moth goes to the flame only to burn and die.

Now, before the Kenny fans begin to hate me, let me tell you, I love Kenny. I admire him a lot. I love his take action attitude and how he is willing to do anything to protect the people he cares about. But the man is too rash. Carlos and Rebecca hit the nail on the head regarding his character. He does not think things through. He lacks caution and doesn't think about the consequences of his actions before he does things. And that will get people killed, in fact, it already has, ex: Walter, Alvin(determinant), Carlos(sort of, if you want me to elaborate, I will).

There's no doubt after ep.3 with him smashing Carver's face in for vengeance, Kenny is a destructive man. I feel like things are just going to get darker where he is considered. He is on a path of destruction and I'm worried he will (unintentionally) put Clementine (and the others) in serious danger.

Luke on the other hand, is different. He does think things through, he is cautious, and he does consider the consequences. He does fuck up sometimes, but at least he admits it. In my opinion, Luke is an all around good guy who still has morals and humanity in him, even after all this time. He's not like Walter, who was kind to a fault. Luke has a good balance of being strong and tough enough to survive while still retaining his goodness and humanity. His name means light, and he's kind of like a beacon of hope in the dark world that is The Walking Dead."

Credit: Liayso

• Have they said anything about fixing it?

Nope, you can only get heartfelt. The decision to stand with him in episode 5 is broken, and the end of game acts like you refused to stand with him no matter what you chose. As a result, the highest you can get is the heartfelt one.

• Is it possible not to cuff anyone?

Strange, I never knew you could not cuff Lee,

• Inb4 ANF proved that Kenny was the true light and guardian for Clem. They even had the nice episode 4 flashback where they keep the fire going together.

Going to mention one of my favorite threads from back in the day. It's from 2014 so many people may not have seen it. "Okay, I think i

• I kinda wish you got a better look in the episode, little ironies like that make the story feel richer somehow.

Just wanted to remind people of this: The mug says "Worlds Best Uncle." It's what Javier can use in his fight with Badger. @Credit to Poogers555

• edited July 2017

Actually, I left my first comment in this thread defending Kenny and it got 20 upvotes and no downvotes. That was about 3.5 years ago. Ahhh, the memories...

Going to mention one of my favorite threads from back in the day. It's from 2014 so many people may not have seen it. "Okay, I think i

• edited July 2017
    >Wrong episodes, smarty pants. I mean how she tells Clementine to abandon the group, tries get Sarah killed, pressures Clementine into robbing Arvo, and distracts Luke when he was supposed to be on watch.

Wrong my ass. She was pretty much right, since half the group abandons them and she ends up getting shot. She doesn't *try* to get Sarah killed, she doesn't want Sarah to get other people killed. Literally the exact opposite. Well, the robbing is true, I'll give you that, but she has a good point in that arvo hiding the medicine made no sense and he might have just been a junkie.
    And as for fucking Luke, again, Luke is a big boy and he made a choice too.

>That is the obvious solution, yes. No one(mainly the biased developers) thought to have her help Kenny inside and Bonnie simply told her to stay out everyone's way, which she was doing.
    they also didn't think to have either rebecca or kenny notice she was dead. Now if that doesn't feel artificial, I don't know what does.
    shit, that just got me thinking. If you play like sarah's your friend, why the fuck can't you bring up sarah is dead to kenny when he's whining about "MUH SARITA OH WOE IS ME". Christ, the longer you think about these games the worse the writing gets. Truly.

>The fact that she and Jane ended up falling because of Clementine attempt to block the gate with the cannon(which I found out was filled with friggin cement, btw) was an unforeseen freak accident.
    uh, yeah. So why are we arguing again?

>He already determinately did if she went with him, but whatever. Sacrificing himself for Luke makes more sense to me anyway. Though I really don't see the need for every character to do that, tbh. A character should not have to die to "redeem" themself; a fuckin apology and/or striving to do better in the future will more than suffice, thank you.
    No, that was more a lazy and convenient suicide attempt if anything. He was still definitely depressed at that point.
    He needed to get back his will to go on, THEN sacrifice himself. The only time you even see Nick sorta content is at the lodge at the night, he actually seems to have gained a sense of humor, asking Luke if he's come to tuck him in. Then ironically he gets to go back to being depressed when they tell him about mathew. Poor Nick.
    Well, his in-game apology sucked and lacked conviction and responsibility. "I got kinda aggro." N**** YOU JUST ALMOST SHOT A LITTLE GIRL IN THE FACE. When you almost murder a little girl, yeah a sacrifice isn't so far-fetched as a redemptive option to me. Fact is, there haven't been very many good "sacrifices" in these games, they're all cheesy and contrived. And telltale seems to be trying to softly retcon Lee's death as if he somehow sacrificed himself for clementine instead of dying no matter what due to a senseless mistake.

>A line they selectively ignore on occasion.
    hell if I know what means, I'm guessing not good.

>I know I'm one of the few people who actually likes Arvo and the concept of the Russian Group, but whatever.Carlos vs. Luke was almost certainly the original intent, though I'm admittedly not sure how long they had the concept of a final fight in mind. And I honestly don't fully get the fascination of having the 400 Days crew tag along. Maybe if it's restricted somehow to make it manageable, but even then, you're really just cluttering up the cast(and save files) with extra characters.

Eh, I'm kinda ambivalent, but it made me cringe a bit the first time. Maybe if they spoke english like they were meant to originally...? They're so disposable, anyway.
    Kinda like the 400 days crew. Who doesn't want more gratuitous death? Kidding.
    Well, I dunno, something about those chapters in 400 days just got me invested in those characters, especially with their journey to this unknown camp. I certainly don't like them being left behind to the implication of being devoured by a walker herd brought on by our "heroes"
    Make the episodes a decent length, there's no problem having four extra people. This isn't a movie, it's supposed to be a game. I happen to enjoy large groups of characters, too. And large save files? Who doesn't love that.

>hmph.
    He's even more of a fake ultimate hero than Kenny is, except Kenny at least knows he's a failure.

>Pretty much. Though I know Jane wasn't always intended to be that, so it's more like they just copied what they were going for with Luke. There are some obvious parallels and scene rashes supporting that too.
    Wasn't intended? You have proof or are you speculating based on evidence?
    So this is on the fly writing, well no surprise there. But I dunno, yes Jane suddenly had a drastically expanded role in ep 4 compared to her bit part in ep 3. But something was set up between Clem and Jane in ep 3, as well. The staring at her and walking away when noticed, the dirty bug-eyed look she gives clem when she approaches her "sleeping"
    Or... is that something they wrote around? Did they originally not intend for that to be because Clem reminded her of her sister Jaime?
    Oh god, now this is messing with my head something fierce. gaaaaaargh

>Meh. This has been talked to death already anyway, so I don't know what to say.
    well, if you don't know what to say, say nothing is what I say.

Sure, stupid shit, but malicious. I know Arvo was intentionally paced to be a little more debatable at first, but Sarah doesn't have a malicious bone in her body. No matter what the weird presumable foreshadowing tries to tell you.
    well, until later on with Arvo.
    No, she's not malicious but that doesn't change facts. She WILL get Clem killed if the timer runs out. That's a fact.

And? I'm not saying she helped the situation, but the truth is Reggie was [quite literally] dead no matter what. It's made abundantly clear that Carver was planning on killing him anyway, particularly since Troy and Tavia reinforce the notion that Reggie had a minor habit of messing things up(being a desperate prisoner and missing an arm will do that to you). Add in that Reggie really was supposed to be keeping an occasional eye on the newbies and the fact that Carver claimed he was only there to check up on their process and there's little that would've changed that anyway.
    >I know, I know, I don't even have anything against Sarah, really. I'm just sick of all the shitting on Jane and I think it's a bit hypocritical.
    And Reggie might have lived a teeny bit longer, at least. But the guy was a bit of a clod. He didn't bother checking on the girls until much later, maybe he didn't think Carver would actually go so far as to kill him?

>Speaking of which, funny how Jane not only never mentions this but had no real way of knowing about it considering she didn't talk to anyone besides Troy, now that you mention it.
    Er... something got lost in translation. Jane never mentions what?

>Probably because at no point does Sarah try to make Clementine stay, being a humble/self-deprecating person who's distracted mourning her traumatic loss and having PSTD flashbacks and all. Not to mention that Jane lets it happen in that timeline--funny how you didn't bring THAT up!
    Let it happen? It was over in like 5 seconds. And Sarah just had to call out to clem as she left to make her feel some bit of guilt.

>No, they all went there for shelter and several full bags of [Wellington] supplies. Get your facts straight!
    Did I miss a detail? I thought it was pointedly shown that there were only two cans of food.

>Not sure what the former has to do with Jane, but neither eliminates her part in the entire conflict happening. But I suppose it doesn't matter, considering Arvo apparently forgets that for whatever reason.
    I buy into the "he planned all along to hurt clem as soon as she shot his sister" theory. Frankly. Just look at his expression when that happens. He's got a dark side... when he's dealing with kids. Wimp.

Bonnie though, she intrigues me. You're right about her zig-zagging. It's kind of spooky when she's had this soft, kind of submissive demeanor the whole game and then suddenly she's smoking and speaking to you in a harsh, bitter tone outside.

>Yeah, but I'm sure it was abundantly clear that the latter attitude was the result of some many failed relationships and broken trusts finally embittering her when the one guy who was genuinely a good, caring person ends up dying because the presumably lighter Clementine didn't go help him. Also, I was referring to how she was really accommodating of Jane, but whatever. Let's talk about someone else for once.
    Yeah, I'm not necessarily saying it's badly written. It just freaks me out a bit.
    Like I said, submissive. She accepts (or assumes) that Luke likes Jane better her, thinks she's prettier, etc
    Don't really get why Luke's death hit her THAT hard, though. They weren't show interacting that much. I guess the implication is they were "dating" at Carver's camp? But Bonnie was too scared to go with them when they left.

>I got other stuff going on. Besides, leaving Jane to her fate is a far more appropriate dealio, muh mealio.
    coulda fooled me.
    no offense. I'm here a lot too.

her fate? you mean the abandon Jane ending? well, that's still pain, just of the emotional kind.

>Tell that to the Community, pal.
    guhhhhhhh

>Yes, I admit that that's something I considered later on. Blame Telltale for getting the wrong across. Though I suppose you can say that for a lot of other things as well.
    i can't believe it, did you just admit you were partially wrong about Jane in some aspect?
    I don't see really what they failed to get across here besides why Jane decided to start the fight in the first place.

>I'm not. The reasons I justifiably hate her are pretty much on the screen, for the most part.
    or maybe her rugged beauty is on the screen and you're just sad she'll never be real. I think you might be secretly tsundere for Jane.

>Goddamnit, I just thought about something to that effect last night! I don't know, that really does cross a line with me that I am NOT to eager to dish out, much less take. But for those who'd find it delicious, sure why not.
    Well, that's an odd coincidence. Tell me about it?
    I know, it sounds harsh to me, too. but that's just cuz we've been conditioned to accept male genital attacks as okay for some reason.
    Fact is, the irony would be delicious, imagine Clem walking away with AJ, that grim determination on her face, While Jane fitfully struggles on the ground calling out to her. And then you see walkers appearing, starting to enclose on her... cut to next scene. Don't actually show her get ripped apart. That would ruin it.

even if you think that's too cruel, the regular "leave jane" option still needs an upgrade. It's like 4 times shorter than the kenny version (Easy to tell because of how many times the music loops,) and telltale expects us to believe that Jane went to all this fucking trouble but sits back like a rejected puppy as clem leaves? Yeah, no fucking way is that realistic. The scene is literally like 30 seconds long, at most. It's crappy stuff like that disproves there being some sort of Jane bias by the writers, in my opinion.
    I would at least have her start to follow, like "clem wait, we can talk about this_" and have clem whirl around pointing her gun at her with one hand and AJ in the other. That would stop Jane in a freezed pose of shock. Would work really well. Not sure if Clem should say something or just turn and walk away again, but yeah. Think that would massively improve the scene.

>The fuckin sickos
    I only enjoy it if they're prettier than me.

#####**Mod Edit: Censored one word.**

seriously? yes, she's the one who gave Sarah PTSD, or whatever her issue was. everyone agreed to the plan, Jane didn't force them to do it.

• Ah, fixed.

It's Episode 4 and I don't know.

• Yeah, it might be nothing at all and its just all that blood flowing, got my attention because Hector's bite mark had blue on the skin.

They're just meant to be veins. Like, that's all. No big mystery to it. Just veins.

• edited July 2017

Maybe this will come around in the 4th season with Clementine being the one deciding what to do with the accidental murderer.

• Michelle has no excuses, she shot Omid without thinking first.

• No problem

Dan10 posted: »

This was cool to see. Thanks.

• Did the ben one this time. Will probably do Omid & Christa next

Sign in to comment in this discussion.