Will Bigby be the protagonist of season 2?

2»

Comments

• I don't think its ever going to sail either lol, certainly don't hope so. Bigby is also too attracted to Snow as to do that, and I don't think Mary is his type. It would be interesting that's all.

KCohere posted: »

I think BM breaks the insanity scale more than the badass one. Well, good luck to you all. I seriously doubt that ship is going to sail (I hope not), but TEHO.

• I think its because there are so many characters in the Fable universe. People were talking about this before ANF came out.

bloop posted: »

Lmao, I find it hilarious how now TellTale fans are so unsure of who they play as in their games because of ANF. ANF really messed with o

• Not as a serious relationship, but can you imagine what sex between those two would be like?

I am mystified as to why people ship Bigby and Bloody Mary. Please explain this to me.

• Bigby will be the main protagonist for sure, but I can see us play some parts of the game as Snow. It would be a nice change in my opinion.

• People come up with all kinds of ships simply because they can, so why not? But if you'd like me to explain my point of view, I'll be glad to.

First off, I do believe some sort of romance was sparked between the sheriff and Mary. She, in her own psycho way, has a growing attraction to Bigby, to which there's many evidence in the way she acts around him.

• She knows a lot about Bigby's past and can't conceal her admiration for the horrifying murderous creature that he once was, while everyone else is scared of his nature shitless. On the contrary, she keeps reproaching Bigby for going soft and straying from what he, in her view, is meant to be. She is a perfect match for his animal side.

• She seems to enjoy taunting him to try to provoke him into fighting, possibly because she likes this side of him, while being rather flirty towards him as well (examples: "Arf!", "Crane, dear, it's Crane").

• In Ep. 5, while shooting the sheriff point blank with a silver bullet, killing him effortlessly, seems like the most reasonable option, she chooses to fight with her natural powers instead, thus revealing her true self to Bigby, and he does the same for her, becoming the giant killer wolf of legend she admires. And now two legendary beings, two equals, clash in a fierce erotically-charged battle. For her, the entire encounter is a sort of seduction, hence her motive for escaping with her life when defeated - her love for Bigby Wolf. In my opinion, Mary is the only person who can understand Bigby for what he truly is, they're kindred spirits in some ways. Besides, I think it'll make an interesting relationship to explore: sworn enemies before, lovers after.

• And lastly, I fucking love Bloody Mary, she's my ultimate video game crush and basically my dream girl in terms of both looks and personality. And Bigby is the character we are all meant to identify ourselves with, so if this ship were to ever come true, for me it would be a godsend. Btw my bro @HazzatheMan writes a fanfiction dedicated solely to BMxBigby, you should check it out, it's a thing of beauty and you're guaranteed to see this pairing in a whole new light! Here's link.

Well, that's that. I hope that provided some clarification for you and you understand now where I'm coming from.

I am mystified as to why people ship Bigby and Bloody Mary. Please explain this to me.

• Pls no.

MrDarth0 posted: »

Bigby will be the main protagonist for sure, but I can see us play some parts of the game as Snow. It would be a nice change in my opinion.

• I know pretty much everybody (including me) is in agreement that Bigby is and should always be the protagonist of TWAU series, but what about a different protagonist in something like a little DLC (something akin to "400 Days" DLC in TWD season 1)?

Personally, I think it might work pretty well. DLC is of course much shorter length content, so maybe we can have Cindy/Cinderella be on one of her missions (she actually fits quite well into the DLC MC scenario), and she's in communication with Bigby [since Bigby is her boss and mentor in terms of espionage and combat) through her radio (or whatever the soldiers in war used to use in times of war to communicate).

• Given that this topic is actually attracted the interest of someone from the dev team I will start a conspiracy theory that I'm really on to something here :D But in all seriousness I agree that Bigby should be the main proagonist and I would want that but in a flashback I wouldn't mind playing as someone else. In TNF I disliked it because it concentrated on that forced AJ storyline that I wasn't interested in but in TWAU there could be interesting characters to explore in this way.

• I agree, I agree. Except on the part of "understand Bigby for what he truly is". I think it should be "for what he truly Was". In the comics he has genuinely shown change, he isn't the same wolf he was centuries ago, and it is mainly due to Snow, and her promise for A New Beginning for him in the mundy world. It is genuinely hard for him at times, all those city stenches (reason why he smokes 24/7), and fight provocations from almost everyone, getting shit all the time, etc. Yet, he continues to make an effort to stop it with all the badness.
    If it wasn't for Snow, he would probably be in some woods somewhere. However, if Snow were never to have appeared, and instead he had gotten a crush for Mary, then that would definitely be interesting -but- there wouldn't be room for much character development there.

TheZorkij posted: »

People come up with all kinds of ships simply because they can, so why not? But if you'd like me to explain my point of view, I'll be glad t

• We gotta keep Adam. Adam is our bro, we got his back.

• We could have DLCs with flashbacks about the fable's lives back in the Homelands, and their encounters with Bigby.

CoolGuyJ posted: »

I know pretty much everybody (including me) is in agreement that Bigby is and should always be the protagonist of TWAU series, but what abou

• edited August 2017

Haven't read the comics, so I judge about Bigby's psychology only by what is shown in the game. And depending on some of the player's decisions, like say tearing off a man's arm or head, or strangling Crooked Man, to me it seems that there's still an animal in Bigby living deep down inside, sometimes managing to break free. But, who's to say. With that being said, I see two possible outcomes should Bigby and Mary get together: either Bigby succumbs to Mary's appeal giving up his efforts to truly become accepted among Fabletown's residents and embraces his evil side, OR he manages to influence Mary so she becomes a better person. Either one works for me, honestly, because both would mean character development for BM, which so far she had little to none.

I agree, I agree. Except on the part of "understand Bigby for what he truly is". I think it should be "for what he truly Was". In the comics

• "The Wolf Among Us Season 2" doesn't make much sense if he isn't. Telltale would have to be stupid to not make Bigby the main character, especially after the backlash of A New Frontier for tossing Clem aside.

• I highly doubt it, but who knows maybe Bigby will have a detective sidekick, or have a Mundy police officer to help him out.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.