The Thread of general TWD-related questions

Comments

• I think a simple nod to that thing would be okay, Think of that scene in ep 4 where Gabe hands her a gun, that scene has more of a purpose than their other cringy moments.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I had in mind in that regard.

not the way TTG overblows it in everyone's face.

After much of the fanbase did the same non-stop for months.

I think a simple nod to that thing would be okay, not the way TTG overblows it in everyone's face. Think of that scene in ep 4 where Gabe hands her a gun, that scene has more of a purpose than their other cringy moments.

• I want s4 to be completely unrelated to the comics. It Would just detract from the main story at hand, plus incorporating plot armored settlements would be no fun.

How would you feel if season 4 featured a Comic/TV settlement i.e, the Kingdom, Hilltop,etc?

• So when Max told Badger about not having the go ahead, who was going to give it? Did they have Joan on a walkie or something?

• That's the retroactive implication. Though I'd assume they'd have been told in advance if they were to raid a location since there's no indication they used walkie talkies.

Sparkeagle posted: »

So when Max told Badger about not having the go ahead, who was going to give it? Did they have Joan on a walkie or something?

• edited October 2017

Here's something I didn't connect until just now: If Troy was the original model for Carver as an original character and Troy himself was originally supposed to rape Jane, is it possible that that was a story element from before Micheal Madsen was cast?

• Here's another concern I've had for a while: I'm planning on reintroducing several unused elements into the story, including a few locations. However, the most infamous one has been trumping me for a while: how the heck does one implement something like the Slaughterhouse into the story we got?

• I know the answer is probably obvious, but when the hell did Gabe learn about AJ?

• I’m sure Clem told him about him. That or he overheard Clem talking to Javi or David about him.

DabigRG posted: »

I know the answer is probably obvious, but when the hell did Gabe learn about AJ?

• Not more than a week. If you’re talking about since AJ has been taking away from Clem, then maybe nearly a year.

AJ will probably be around 3 or 4 when S4 takes place. He was around 2 when he and Clem joined ANF.

• I just remember that Javier can mention that she doesn't like David and telling Gabe to ask her about it if he wants the details. Which he seemingly never did.

MRSHYGUY45 posted: »

I’m sure Clem told him about him. That or he overheard Clem talking to Javi or David about him.

• I recall that in one commercial for the game, the scene in Part 1 where everyone is taking cover in the junkyard has Max shouting at Javier instead of Badger. Is what he said there still in the game?

• I always wonder if Dr. Lingard is the tallest character in ANF.. Or not?

• It's most likely Tripp. Though Lingard is probably a close second.

OsoroS posted: »

I always wonder if Dr. Lingard is the tallest character in ANF.. Or not?

• edited October 2017

Am I the only one who thinks it's fucked up that the comics and TV show, which are dedicated serials, have more of an established recurring cast than the licensed video game series?

• Why do you think it's fucked up?

Am I the only one who thinks it's fucked up that the comics and TV show, which are dedicated serials, have more of an established recurring cast than the licensed video game series?

• During the shoot-out?

I recall that in one commercial for the game, the scene in Part 1 where everyone is taking cover in the junkyard has Max shouting at Javier instead of Badger. Is what he said there still in the game?

• Ben is the tallest character through all seasons

I always wonder if Dr. Lingard is the tallest character in ANF.. Or not?

• Actually i think its Andy St. John

Ben is the tallest character through all seasons

• Yeah, after Badger had shot Mariana.

Fangirl101 posted: »

During the shoot-out?

• Nah, Ben's definitely a little taller.

Plan_R posted: »

Actually i think its Andy St. John

• Because a comic book and/or TV show by definition is heavy serialized and streamlined into telling a constant story that shakes things up from time to time. A video game, on the other hand, is more at the whim of the audience and is more about enjoying the experience than being entertained by a visual.

And yet, the latter two have more characters available to work with from what I've heard/seen than the goddamn video game does.

Why do you think it's fucked up?

• Hmm. Badger shouts: "You fucking thieves." Max is not present when Mariana is shot. He was not even aware that Badger did so until Episode 3. In Episode 2 Badger only told him that Javier is the one who attacked, which is obviously not true.
    Do you remember what exactly Max said on that commercial?

Yeah, after Badger had shot Mariana.

• edited October 2017

I know. That's why it was such an odd choice.

I haven't tracked it down yet to see. I just remember they used one of his lines instead.

Hmm. Badger shouts: "You fucking thieves." Max is not present when Mariana is shot. He was not even aware that Badger did so until Episode 3

• Was Alvin's line "I'm all outta road." supposed to be a callback or something?

• Hush now. Ava is the tallest.

Nah, Ben's definitely a little taller.

• :lol: Yeah, a real basketball player, that one.

Hush now. Ava is the tallest.

• enter image description here

You sure? I think Lingard is taller in my opinion..

It's most likely Tripp. Though Lingard is probably a close second.

• edited October 2017

Huh. Okay then.

Guess Tripp is even more of a lameass.

You sure? I think Lingard is taller in my opinion..

• :D

Huh. Okay then. Guess Tripp is even more of a lameass.

• Oh, at first I was caught off guard by the question and that's why I asked. Thanks for explaining!
    But yes, I agree, it's not fair. I don't understand why Telltale likes killing off everyone [but Clementine]. They should keep characters from previous seasons alive so they can use them for interesting concepts.

Because a comic book and/or TV show by definition is heavy serialized and streamlined into telling a constant story that shakes things up fr

• Say, in the event things didn't pan out with Javier, what type of guy do you think Kate would hook up with if she decided to date again for some reason?

• Why exactly didn't Conrad and Francine come to break up the disagreement between Clementine and Eli?

• Should Walter have been made determinant instead of just getting killed?

• Her sisters boyfriend

Say, in the event things didn't pan out with Javier, what type of guy do you think Kate would hook up with if she decided to date again for some reason?

• enter image description here

I wasn't aware she had family, Telltale.

Her sisters boyfriend

• No, his character arc was executed really well. I don't think there's much they could do with his character either if he lived, he'd end up in a Nick situation where he does nothing then dies.

Should Walter have been made determinant instead of just getting killed?

• if he lived, he'd end up in a Nick situation where he does nothing then dies.

That's exactly why I pose the question.

Graysonn posted: »

No, his character arc was executed really well. I don't think there's much they could do with his character either if he lived, he'd end up in a Nick situation where he does nothing then dies.

• edited October 2017

When do you think we'll be getting our first teaser trailer for The Final Season?

• I predict a trailer around March, hopefully more news around May-ish. I just have a feeling it'll be out mid-summer. No later.

Cocoa2736 posted: »

When do you think we'll be getting our first teaser trailer for The Final Season?

• Probably Game Awards 2017 - if we don't get a teaser trailer, I otherwise expect the first bit(s) of notable info on S4 to come out of Game Awards 2017.

Cocoa2736 posted: »

Sign in to comment in this discussion.