The Thread of general TWD-related questions

Comments

• I'm not too pressed for a trailer honestly. A little info would be noice though, just to know they're working on it day-to-day. Maybe even some artwork? I don't really wanna rush Telltale. I mean we want a memorable season finale, I can be patient ._.

Probably Game Awards 2017 - if we don't get a teaser trailer, I otherwise expect the first bit(s) of notable info on S4 to come out of Game Awards 2017.

• Wouldn't it have been better if it were possible to have Gabe determinately tag along to save Richmond with Kate while Clementine/Javier goes to convince/save David alone?

• Not sure if it was mentioned but how did Alvin kill George?

• I think the explanation Bonnie can give implies that Alvin shot him or something for getting in the Cabin Group's way while they were escaping. She suggests he didn't mean to actually kill him there, which could explain why he's quiet about it as Carver reminded of it.

Personally, I kinda got the vibe that he sided with Carver regarding the baby, hence why he tried to stop the group and Carver was seemingly sore about it.

Sparkeagle posted: »

Not sure if it was mentioned but how did Alvin kill George?

• It wasn't, we don't know what happened, we can only assume George was somehow close/important to Carver.

• edited October 2017

Is there a TWDG character whose personality you dislike? If so, what personality would you give him/her?

Also, are we a ship?
  • The most immediate answer is Tripp. And really, I'd say part of the problem is that they changed his personality/characterization to redundant be more like Kenny's rather than keeping with the more Pete/Carlos-esque one that was emphasized initially, as it was distinguishable from much of the cast and I suspect decent number of his handful of earlier fans liked him for it.

Fangirl101 posted: »

Is there a TWDG character whose personality you dislike? If so, what personality would you give him/her? Also, are we a ship?

• Agreed. I liked him in Ties That Bind Part 1 and I wish they did keep that Pete/Carlos persona. And yes, a lot of people liked him for the start, probably because of it.

DabigRG posted: »

The most immediate answer is Tripp. And really, I'd say part of the problem is that they changed his personality/characterization to redunda

• edited October 2017

Which characters would you categorize as being an Anti-Hero/Villain? And what type?

• edited October 2017

Another rewrite inspired question: What do you think about the confirmed theory that Eleanor was designed to be Joan's lost daughter? And what about the mention that her character allegedly changed so much that this backstory no longer made since? Do you think this should've been kept considering what happened in the released product?

• edited October 2017
  • I think it would have worked. It would give Eleanor parallels to Javi's arc as well as give her more motivation to betray us

Another rewrite inspired question: What do you think about the confirmed theory that Eleanor was designed to be Joan's lost daughter? And wh

• But Joan was not the villain at that time.

I think it would have worked. It would give Eleanor parallels to Javi's arc as well as give her more motivation to betray us

• I always saw him as being more like Kenny, even back during the "premiere". Just the lines and colloquialisms he has.

The most immediate answer is Tripp. And really, I'd say part of the problem is that they changed his personality/characterization to redunda

• We know that Alvin apparently didn't mean to, and he is a big guy, so I assume it was a physical altercation that went too far.

• What im saying is if it were Eleanor's miraculously and recently found mom about to frame/execute Javi's miraculously and recently found brother, the struggle to rescue him in episode 4 would have been much more personal and caused an even bigger rift within the group. It would also make more sense for Eleanor to betray us for her mother than her canon excuse which is wanting to live there. Not really sure what your point about her being a villain was, Joan still wasn't the villain the moment she was introduced in the game.

But Joan was not the villain at that time.

• Yeah, I did too, but I was willing to chalk it up to just a short reference pool due to the fact that we had so much of Kenny in this series and thus Tripp seeming to be the same race in addition to the beard and apparently being good with vehicles immediately drew that comparison. And his actual characterization and role at the time were considerably different.

I always saw him as being more like Kenny, even back during the "premiere". Just the lines and colloquialisms he has.

• edited October 2017

Yeah, I suspect she probably played a similar role as Clint back then since it allows for the same basic effect minus the sudden malevolence.

But Joan was not the villain at that time.

• Pretty much. Which is interesting because I actually thought that first part was what they were gonna [further] do with Conrad.

I think it would have worked. It would give Eleanor parallels to Javi's arc as well as give her more motivation to betray us

• edited October 2017

This would have definitely given her more [deserved] development. Since Joan was her long-lost mother this would give her connection to Javi and I can see her wanting to help him in his goal, finding his family as he simultaneously wants to help her find her own mother. This also gives them a chance to bond.

There probably would be this big choice {Did you trust Eleanor?} and she would be obliged to prove her trustworthiness to the group early in the story. And of course, it would turn out that she is a genuinely a sweet person with pure good intentions.

At point she would have to choose - her mother or her group mates/friends. Her loyalty would be put to the test once Javier fulfills his subquest of helping her.

Ahh, so many possibilities! :blush:

Another rewrite inspired question: What do you think about the confirmed theory that Eleanor was designed to be Joan's lost daughter? And wh

• Max - Anti-Villain
    Conrad - Anti-Hero
    Kenny - Anti-Hero
    David - Anti-Hero(?)

There are probably more, but these were on the top of my head.

Which characters would you categorize as being an Anti-Hero/Villain? And what type?

• I think so, too.

Yeah, I suspect she probably played a similar role as Clint back then since it allows for the same basic effect minus the sudden malevolence.

• Which character do you think you would have gotten along with the most?

• I love how you put a question mark next to David because I would've done the same. :lol:

Anyway, I probably should've linked the Scale from TVtropes.

Max - Anti-Villain Conrad - Anti-Hero Kenny - Anti-Hero David - Anti-Hero(?) There are probably more, but these were on the top of my head.

• edited October 2017

Great question!

Off the top of my head, the first names that come to mind are Lee, Doug, Shel, Alvin, Sarah, Mike, Black Pete, Eleanor, and Ava.

Context can also be a factor at times. I'll put more thought into a potential future post.

Which character do you think you would have gotten along with the most?

• I wonder about that, too. Maybe Conrad wanted to intervene if things turned worse?

Why exactly didn't Conrad and Francine come to break up the disagreement between Clementine and Eli?

• Well that's what's so weird about that: it's vaguely established that Clementine had gotten into some trouble in Prescott in the past and Conrad in particular seemed to have a dislike towards her, so you'd think he would've intervened when she started getting to it with Eli and especially when Javier tussled with him.

I wonder about that, too. Maybe Conrad wanted to intervene if things turned worse?

• Yes, that sounds about right. He probably thought that Javier had it under control or something. I honestly have no idea. :( I agree that Conrad(and maybe Francine) should have been the one to stop the argument from escalating. Eli didn't need to die.

I feel like the choice whether to lie for Clementine or tell the truth originally had the intent to determine whether Conrad and Tripp will trust Javier in the future (before Above The Law was rewritten that is).

Well that's what's so weird about that: it's vaguely established that Clementine had gotten into some trouble in Prescott in the past and Co

• Yeah, sounds about right. Though the business with Badger taking Francine hostage also would've factored in with Conrad as well.

Also, I forgot Above the Law was going through rewrites during The Winter. Probably cause it synchs up so well compare to the later two, not that that's hard.

Yes, that sounds about right. He probably thought that Javier had it under control or something. I honestly have no idea. I agree that Conr

• He is more like Abraham, though.

I always saw him as being more like Kenny, even back during the "premiere". Just the lines and colloquialisms he has.

• Yeah, I heard that after a while from TVTropes and the Bossman, but that means practically nothing to me. It's a weakass imitation either way as far as I can say.

He is more like Abraham, though.

• Sure, if you wanna start talking about characters not from the game. Everyone is technically right; Tripp borrowed inspiration from a lot of characters.

He is more like Abraham, though.

• Mind naming those other characters for those of us who only play the games and/or only see Kenny or Abraham?

Sure, if you wanna start talking about characters not from the game. Everyone is technically right; Tripp borrowed inspiration from a lot of characters.

• We've pretty much named the important ones: Kenny, Abraham, Pete, although I don't know about Carlos.

Mind naming those other characters for those of us who only play the games and/or only see Kenny or Abraham?

• edited October 2017

It was mostly Pete at first, but there were also shades of Carlos in how he possessed enough qualities that people assumed he was the active leader of Prescott, was serious about his job up to being strict about the rules(even moreso in cut content), and of course protectiveness of Eleanor causing him to put off helping Javier.

We've pretty much named the important ones: Kenny, Abraham, Pete, although I don't know about Carlos.

• Ah yeah I can see that

It was mostly Pete at first, but there were also shades of Carlos in how he possessed enough qualities that people assumed he was the active

• What are some predictions you had that came up in some vague form in the actual episodes? How were they different from what you had in mind?

Feel free to share them here instead/also!

• This may sound like a silly question, but what is Carley's race/ethnicity supposed to be? Seriously, I can't tell.

Her Wiki page lists her as Caucasian American, and most people seem to agree. I can sort of see it, but I'm also a bit skeptical because Carley's got monolid eyes (similar to Glenn or Vince) as well as a tan/caramel complexion, both of could indicate that she's Asian or Asian-mixed. The fact that Carley is a short lady may also suggest this, as Asian Americans are (on average) shorter than other racial groups in the U.S. (according to national statistics).

Plus, the whole reason Carley was in Macon in the first place was because she was assigned to cover the Cherry Blossom Festival, which according to a quick Google search, is an Asian festival (which I had always suspected). I had always thought that Carley was given this assignment because she came from an Asian background, which would have given her a kind of cultural sensitivity that would better equip her to successfully communicate Asian customs to the general, non-Asian majority. Many POC news reporters do this in real life, so I just thought Carley was one of them.

Finally, Carley bears a strong resemblance to Rebecca Chang from Left 4 Dead 2, an Asian news reporter in the zombie apocalypse who also happens to be suspicious of the protagonist's background. Both characters also have similar faces, hairstyles, white blouses, black skirts, and black shoes. This leads me to wonder if Carley's character is actually a nod to Rebecca's character, and if Carley is actually intended to be Asian or Asian-mixed.

Surely I'm not the only person questioning Carley's race/ethnicity?

• Carley's exact race has occasionally been discussed in the past, often with some form of Hispanic being the topic.

Though I honestly never really considered the possibility of her being Asian, you're explaination does make perfect sense.

TheMyth26 posted: »

This may sound like a silly question, but what is Carley's race/ethnicity supposed to be? Seriously, I can't tell. Her Wiki page lists he

• If Carver was actually shot and killed when Carlos was having his fingers break, would anyone actually do anything if he died? I assume Troy would be the next leader or something but would he also be afraid of Carver and be relieved he is dead or would his men just slaughter all the hostages

Sign in to comment in this discussion.