The Thread of general TWD-related questions

Comments

• I've thought about that and honestly I think Bonnie may or may not decide they should just let everyone go if she can get away with it, while Troy(pretending he's the same character as later at least) would just lose his shit and try to figure a way out now that their leader is out of commission.

Sparkeagle posted: »

If Carver was actually shot and killed when Carlos was having his fingers break, would anyone actually do anything if he died? I assume Troy

• Just thought about this: Shouldn't Tripp technically have gotten bitten if you tried to save Ava in the previous episode?

• edited October 2017

Waitaminute, does Norma get bitten at one point?

enter image description here

• When the walker jumps on him? Probably. But he throw it over his shoulder fast enough.

DabigRG posted: »

Just thought about this: Shouldn't Tripp technically have gotten bitten if you tried to save Ava in the previous episode?

• K.

Fangirl101 posted: »

When the walker jumps on him? Probably. But he throw it over his shoulder fast enough.

• Ava is a mountain compared to everyone else. Huge af.

Hush now. Ava is the tallest.

• Oh, she's huge alright...

Melton23 posted: »

Ava is a mountain compared to everyone else. Huge af.

• Uhhh... Did you not play the game?

If you haven't I'd really advise for you to go play it yourself and not to read the following spoilers.

Norma gets bitten by a walker on the shoulder, which she quickly kills. Then, Michonne chops off her arm. As she's about to get devoured, you've the option to mercy kill her or leave her to a painful end.

Kind of sad, really. In the end, she was really the victim.

Waitaminute, does Norma get bitten at one point?

• Well, I've seen Carley's race being questioned in passing during discussions about other topics, but they seem to be in the minority. It seems to me that most people simply take it for granted that she's white, while also finding it odd (and unlikely) that she could be anything else.

However, as far as I know, not a single other person has ever brought up ALL the points that I mentioned here, particularly the ones about the similarity between Carley's eyes in comparison to other known Asian characters, her characteristically short stature, and the Cherry Blossom Festival she was covering -- all of which I had always interpreted to be clues of Carley being Asian or part Asian. I'd feel like a damn detective if it turns out I was right all along haha

Carley's exact race has occasionally been discussed in the past, often with some form of Hispanic being the topic. Though I honestly never really considered the possibility of her being Asian, you're explaination does make perfect sense.

• Uhhh... Did you not play the game?

No. I was under the assumption you had to be familiar with the TV Show to truly understand Michonne and what happened in the DLC. Evenutally, TvTropes and @Deltino got me curious enough to check out a playthrough on Youtube and that's how I experienced it.

Norma gets bitten by a walker on the shoulder, which she quickly kills.

Oh, okay. I just didn't remember that part, probably because I simply recall her shooting Zachary and then getting further distracted shooting the walkers.

And yes, her death was indeed disproportionate and somewhat unnecessary.

Uhhh... Did you not play the game? If you haven't I'd really advise for you to go play it yourself and not to read the following spoilers

• Kenny when his family hasnt died , Omid , Mike , Lee and Ava.

Which character do you think you would have gotten along with the most?

• Bonnie would have probably not known what to do while i think Troy would go mad and start shooting at the group .

Sparkeagle posted: »

If Carver was actually shot and killed when Carlos was having his fingers break, would anyone actually do anything if he died? I assume Troy

• edited October 2017

To answer me own question, here is my take on the topic:

Season 1

Captain Kenny Sr.--Anti-Hero Type 4. At least by Season 2.
    Lilly the Receptionist--Anti-Hero Type 3.
    Larry the Veteran--AntiHero Type 4. Honestly borders on 5 or even being an Antivillain at times.
    Ben Paul--AntiHero Type 1. Can be see as something of a deconstruction, really.
    Andy St. John--Antivillain Type 3, I guess.
    Brenda St. John--Antivillain Type 4. Just barely fits on the scale, tbh.
    Christa--Antihero Type 2.
    Molly--Antihero Type 5. Non-malevolent example.
    Dr. Vernon--Antihero Type 3 at the end.
    Brie--Antihero Type 3. Barely counts though.
    Mr. Campman The Stranger--Antivillain Type 2.

400 Days

Vince--Antihero Type 3.
    Justin the Prisoner--Antihero Type 5. Purely because he's a possible temporary ally of Vince.
    Wyatt--Antihero Type 2.
    Eddie--Antihero Type 1.
    Nate--Has been considered Antihero Type 5 by some.
    Walt--Has been considered Antivillain Type 4 by some.
    Russell--Antihero Type 2.
    Bonnie--Antihero Type 1. Initially becomes Antivillain Type 1 at the beginning of Season 2.Can alternatively be seen as Type 2.
    Dee--Antihero Type 4.
    Becca--Antihero Type 2. Shows shades of Type 3 and 4.
    Roman--Antivillain Type 3. Interesting in that he is the protagonist's ally and leader.
    Tavia--Seemingly becomes Antivillain Type 4 in Season 2. More Neutral than anything, though.

Season 2

Michelle--Antivillain Type 1. May have been Type 2 or lower once.
    Mike the Prisoner and/or "Ralph" the Scavenger--Was originally going to be Antivillain Type 1.
    Luke--Antihero Type 1. Interestingly zigzags between Ideal Hero(which isn't on the scale) and occasionally Type 3 as the story goes on.
    Nick--Antihero Type 2.
    Rebecca--Antihero Type 2, I guess. Dips into Type 4 territory at times, but otherwise doesn't do much to qualify.
    Alvin--Antihero Type 1. The story tries to claim he's lower once, but it really doesn't work/pan. Really shouldn't even be on this list, tbh.
    Carlos--Antihero Type 3. Acts closer to Type 2 and foreshadowed to be Type 4, but this is both a nice balance and more accurate.
    Jane--Antihero Type 5. Has traits of Type 2 and Type 4 in Amid the Ruins, but otherwise barely counts.
    Arvo--Antivillain Type 4. Has traits of and becomes more Type 2 throughout the finale.
    Natasha--Antivillain Type 4, if anything.
    Randy--Implied to be Antihero Type 3 or 4.

Michonne DLC

Michonne--Antihero Type 2, I guess. Don't watch the TV show, so she might be lower.
    Oak--Antihero Type 2, even moreso than Michonne.
    Samantha Fairbanks--Antihero Type 4.
    Mz. Stormin Norma Monroe--Antivillain Type 4. Acts like Type 1 and implied to be Type 2.
    Zachary--Antivillain Type 4.

ANF

Katie Garcia--Antihero Type 1. Probably shouldn't be on a scale at all since her circumstances deliberately mostly keeps her from having any inclinations of overt morality.
    Head of Security David Garcia--Antihero Type 4, I guess. Honestly, I don't know if I should label him either when it's all said and done.
    Gabriel Gabe Garcia--Antihero Type 1, I guess. Initially teased at possibly becoming Type 4, but it never really gives anywhere for a number of reasons. He barely fits a scale at all, though.
    Lieutenant Max--Antivillain Type 1. Likely more Type 3, but he disappears from the story before any direct verdict can be given.
    Clementine--Antihero Type 2. Zips lower several times, but is generally this until [abruptly] the finale.
    Dealer Eli--Antihero Type 5, I guess.
    Conrad the Bartender--Antihero Type 4 AND/OR Antivillain Type 2. Bordered on [Antihero] Type 5 at times. Notable in that unlike most, he recognizes this after some time and strives to leave the scale(s) in favor of being a friendly Neutral again.
    Dr. Paul Lingard--Antihero Type 2.
    Diplomacy Leader Joan--Antivillian Type 3, initially. Get's dramatically shifted/derailed into full blown villainy before disappearing.
    Rations Leader Clinton Barnes--Antivillain Type 4, if you really wanna count him.

This also reminds me that a Morality thread was an unused idea of mine from wayback. I legitimately forgot about that when I posted the question.

Which characters would you categorize as being an Anti-Hero/Villain? And what type?

• Eh, she killed Oak. I let her suffer.

Uhhh... Did you not play the game? If you haven't I'd really advise for you to go play it yourself and not to read the following spoilers

• Yeah, and we killed... how many innocent men, women and children when we decided to explode her community?

Two wrongs don't make a right, I know, but she only kills him if you make her by refusing to go through with the trade.

Eh, she killed Oak. I let her suffer.

• That whole finale was primarily driven by a whole lot of dickery, to be honest.

Yeah, and we killed... how many innocent men, women and children when we decided to explode her community? Two wrongs don't make a right, I know, but she only kills him if you make her by refusing to go through with the trade.

• Except we didn't make a conscious decision to blow up their community. We were taken prisoner and forced to escape because they probably wouldn't have let us go.

Yeah, and we killed... how many innocent men, women and children when we decided to explode her community? Two wrongs don't make a right, I know, but she only kills him if you make her by refusing to go through with the trade.

• You made the conscious decision to escape the community, perfectly aware that wreaking havoc on the place, a place where innocents who had nothing to do with anything resided, was a possibility, if not a certainty.

I'm not sure you payed attention to the story, but the probable scenario was that Norma would've let everyone go, as she had done before with Sam, who had stole from her, twice.

I'll give you this much, Sam did lie to Michonne about the Mob Jack which might justify Michonne's paranoia and urge to leave. But it really doesn't matter. You don't just get dozens of people killed and go "ups!". You don't lose accountability just because of your best intentions. And you certainly don't repay the people you've just massacred with more massacre.

And the worst part is, even after Michonne kills all those people, Norma doesn't even wish revenge or anything, she comes back simply wanting her brother returned, nothing else.

And then the " heroes" proceed to kill her brother, chop off her arm, kill the rest of her people and finally feed her to the walkers.

But by all means keep thinking what you did was right.

Except we didn't make a conscious decision to blow up their community. We were taken prisoner and forced to escape because they probably wouldn't have let us go.

• I think you're overreacting a bit. I never said that Michonne was a saint, I simply said that she was prisoner at this place and logically had to escape.

I also don't think it was a guarantee that Norma would let them go. In fact, she probably remembers how letting Sam go led to more problems and would choose not to let them escape. Also, did you notice that guy Randall? You're acting like this was just some peaceful innocent community when we were brought there against our will and physically interrogated. Nothing suggests that Norma was truly going to let us leave unharmed.

I did feel for Norma when all she wanted was her brother back, that was genuine concern and love for her last family member. But you're forgetting that Randall was a complete psycho who hunted the group, killed an innocent father, and massacred all the families and children aboard the Mobjack.

No need for condescending remarks that suggest I didn't pay attention to the story or that im ignorant. Neither side is without blame in this game which is why I find it so intriguing.

You made the conscious decision to escape the community, perfectly aware that wreaking havoc on the place, a place where innocents who had n

• Also, did you notice that guy Randall?
    But you're forgetting that Randall was a complete psycho who hunted the group, killed an innocent father, and massacred all the families and children aboard the Mobjack.

Not to mention that he immediately tries to strangle and apparently stab Michonne with his determinately unbroken figures after being turned over to Norma.

I think you're overreacting a bit. I never said that Michonne was a saint, I simply said that she was prisoner at this place and logically h

• edited October 2017

Repeats:

Why is Jane's theme mostly Violins?

When exactly was Nick's Mom shot? Was it in the same Cabin or was this a different location? Was this before or after they escaped?

What exactly was Kenny's arc in In Harm's Way?

What kind of superpower(s) do you think each character would have in an alternate reality?

What characters would choose to believe in either Romanticism(Chaos, Emotions, Nature, Magic, Harmony, Good/Evil, Play, Strength) or Enlightment( Order, Logic, Nurture, Science, Discipline, Gray/Grey, Work, Skill)?

Can't believe I just thought of this, but if you went with Mike to the Museum first, why wasn't Arvo already at the Observation Deck with Jane?

Somewhere in this communities, there is a picture with all of the villains apparently plotting against Clementine. Does anyone have a copy of it?

Were people really surprised that Taavia was talking about Carver at Howe's Hardware?

Okay, I know I asked a similar question before, but does anyone actually like Wyatt himself?

What is every character's color and weapon of choice?

• Nice answers!

Feel free to edit your comment and add more names!
    I can see you getting along with Doug and Shel, too. :)

Great question! Off the top of my head, the first names that come to mind are Lee, Doug, Shel, Alvin, Sarah, Mike, Black Pete, Eleanor, and Ava. Context can also be a factor at times. I'll put more thought into a potential future post.

• edited October 2017

Repeat

I know I asked this general question before but: What exactly happens to the people who get bitten and/or pass away and turn? As in, their consciousness?

Has there ever been an interview with Nick Breckon, Pierre Shorrette, etc.?

Here's one I find myself going back and forth on every blue moon: Was Nick being one of the most complex and welldeveloped characters of Season 2 ultimately a good thing or not?

Following up the proceedings of my first impression, why did people initially consider Carver to be such a great character compared to all others at the time?
    How much time had passed between 400 Days and Season 2?

In the event they had stuck with the original intentions they had for the story and that was indeed another holdover, do you think there was any real purpose for having Carlos occasionally say dumb shit?

Considering her role, characterization, and, ahem, "creativeness" behind her name/design, when do you think Sarita was created for the story? Do you think she would've existed before they decided to use Kenny the way they did?

Though this might become dated, which Diamond would the Richmond Council Members be?

How would you rank the vocal songs?

Am I the only one who kinda wishes Clementine just fucked off in Thicker than Water?

• Thanks! And yes, them too.

Nice answers! Feel free to edit your comment and add more names! I can see you getting along with Doug and Shel, too.

• Rewatching the dialogue options with Eleanor in Part 1 just now, do you think it's possible she and Joan were supposed to have had a somewhat strenuous relationship or at least have parted on relatively bad terms?

• Do you think ANF was always supposed to focus on David? I hope not.

• Her relation to Joan was scrapped before Ties That Bind released, so probably not.

Rewatching the dialogue options with Eleanor in Part 1 just now, do you think it's possible she and Joan were supposed to have had a somewhat strenuous relationship or at least have parted on relatively bad terms?

• edited October 2017

No, not to the degree of the final product at least.

He was in one earliest concepts of the story where he, Gabe, and Mariana were gonna get captured by the New Frontier. Later on, the idea of him actually being a member of the New Frontier was likely cannibalized from the teaser idea of Javier having a brand and that was probably always intended to make him a Heavy and/or Decoy antagonist leading up to a different Big Bad being revealed as the Mastermind--originally(?) Mason, then the dual promotion of Joan.

The final episodes(especially the mess of a finale) being rewritten so many times definitely carries the air of a writer/fan who really favored him eventually being put in a position to try and boost him up to be the last minute focus in an attempt to make him a tragic character and once again capitalize with the same material Telltale had always done with Kenny and other Shadows of Lee. Hell, Kate and especially Clementine are pretty near irrelevant to the finale's plot unless he does something that necessitates them, which mainly meant abandoning Richmond at the last minute and kidnapping Gabe as a last ditch effort.

In the end, David, to me, always felt like he was more a Necessary Weasel--a means to an end--than a full out main character from day one, being something of a pillar that much of the final products backstory and drama were built on. From an oppressive/overglorified motivator to Javier and Kate/Gabe, to the unexpected bossman of the enemies up till that point, to the decision maker behind separating AJ from Clementine, to a duped co-worker of the instigator of the main conflict, to whatever the hell you wanna call what they decided to do in the end, he always felt like he was there to enable whatever the plot direction was to be pursue in.

Do you think ANF was always supposed to focus on David? I hope not.

• Yes! My thoughts exactly about a 'searching the house' hub!

That's an interesting question. Unfortunately, it's kind of a moot point outside of Thicker than Water's flashback given that the space you'

• Nope. I don't think so at least.

Does another character wear it at some point?

• Me: Yes, that sounds about right.

You: Yeah, sounds about right.

When he uses the same phrase to agree with you. :heart:

Yeah, sounds about right. Though the business with Badger taking Francine hostage also would've factored in with Conrad as well. Also, I

• :lol:

Me: Yes, that sounds about right. You: Yeah, sounds about right. When he uses the same phrase to agree with you.

• My point is that you let Norma suffer, therefore you either think she deserved that end or you were playing Michonne as a sadist. What Randall did or didn't do has little to do with Norma's accountability and responsibility for things, which I assume were the factors that had you deciding she deserved to suffer an incredibly painful death.

And by the way, Randall killed the families of the scavengers who killed the original, peaceful, Mob Jack residents because, as he tells us, they were plotting to do the same with Monroe, so they struck first. Sure killing them and their kids was extremely brutal, but did they have any other option?

I think you're overreacting a bit. I never said that Michonne was a saint, I simply said that she was prisoner at this place and logically h

• I let Norma suffer because she got impatient with me and shot Oak in the stomach to bleed out and die. Period.

And that's their story anyways, except when Norma breaks character and screams that she'll make that massacre look like a picnic compared to what she will do to you.

Killing children is pretty much the worst and most avoidable thing I can think of. Especially when there were countless benevolent communities along the coast that are shown to take in orphaned kids and families. I play these games in an extremely brutal fashion but kids is where I draw the line, always.

My point is that you let Norma suffer, therefore you either think she deserved that end or you were playing Michonne as a sadist. What Randa

• edited October 2017

I believe that version of events was confirmed by Emily Buckshot here on the forums somewhere. Norma's line about the Mob Jack checks out. It was a threat, they would make what they did at the Mob Jack, massacring scavengers, like a pick nick. An incredibly effective and intimidating threat which doesn't waver from her story.

As for letting Norma for Oak's death, I guess that's your sense of justice against mine, though by such logic, Michonne deserves a similar excruciating death for getting the whole Monroe community killed over impatience over Norma's resolve.

I let Norma suffer because she got impatient with me and shot Oak in the stomach to bleed out and die. Period. And that's their story an

• This crosses over more with the Last of Us, but I'll ask it here: if a bitten/turning person bites someone, do they get infected?

• edited October 2017

It's hard to say. Some people might say "yes because the bitten person is now infected" but everyone is already technically infected.

With the walking dead its different. The bite is not what turns you, it only makes you sick so you get a fever and die. The bacteria from the rotting flesh of a walker gives you an infection causing death and the infection cannot be treated (or at least they havent made a cure yet). Once you die, you become a walker and your bite becomes deadly. So, if an infected (alive) person bites you, you wont turn, since the bite doesn't turn you, but death does.

Though I'm sure if you haven't brushed your teeth or dont wash the wound you can still get an infection and die (from ordinary bacteria) as any other person would but im sure that can be treated with antibiotics.

With the Last of Us, not everybody is infected. In the last of us if you never get bit while alive, you wont turn when you die. That's why the military murdered lots of living people in the game: dead people cant turn.

With the last of us the fungus gets in your system and starts to take over your body. It controls you and makes you violent. The early infected are still alive, some can be scratching their face and screaming due to the fungus causing pain. But after a while the fungus completely takes over the host.

This crosses over more with the Last of Us, but I'll ask it here: if a bitten/turning person bites someone, do they get infected?

• In The Walking Dead (I never played TLOU) everyone is infected. There is no need for a bite for someone to be infected. If a bite from someone bitten/turning could kill you is out of my knowledge.

This crosses over more with the Last of Us, but I'll ask it here: if a bitten/turning person bites someone, do they get infected?

• I've been wondering, where exactly did this list come from?
    Also, does anyone still have a copy of the one from Thicker Than Water?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.